Girl With the Heart of Stone

By Pam-The-Lamb

"Let's get rid of this," he releases my hair letting it fall freely His hot heavy breath lingers on my lips a... More

Who Does My Mother Think She Is?
Meeting Elliot Stone
You Can't Run From Your Past...
Good Job You're No Longer A Lazy Bum
The Reason I Do The Things I Do Is Because I...
You Kneed Me In The Balls
Your Wish Is My Command
I'm A Big Unhappy Mess Of A Human Being
Oh Elliot, Forget Your Girlfriend Let's Be Together Forever
Abrelle Louise
Your Two Boyfriend's Bell Boy and Scumbag Pretty Boy
Who's The Sour Puss Now?
No, We Didn't Have Sex If That's What Your Thinking
I Will Hunt You Down And Cut Your Dick Off, Okay?
Will You Marry Me?
I Need To Tell Him The Truth
Join The Let's Hate Elliot Campaign
My Collection Of High Tech Sex Toys
Creepy Perverted Tom
Big Sausage Looking Lips
What Are You Doing Here Dad?
Aria Stone
Tick. Tock.
She Was Totally Checking Me Out
Code Blue
Love, Nathan
Fire Breathing Dragon
You'll Never See It Coming
Story Of My Life
Leave The Love Of My Life Behind
The Trial
I Killed Him
The Jury Has Made Their Decision
About Ninety-four Percent
Sequel?
Girl With The Heart Full of Revenge
The First Chapter Is up

Isn't That A Sign Of Feelings?

50.7K 1.7K 392
By Pam-The-Lamb

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch9: Isn't That A Sign Of Feelings?

"Who is he?" Elliot asks releasing my arm.

Sam is standing on the sidewalk, anger and disappointment all over his face.

Is it because I'm with Elliot?

"I need to talk to you," Sam says going up the stairs and grabbing my arm harshly.

"What's your problem?" Elliot exclaims attempting to get closer to Sam, but I stop him with my other arm.

"Leave us alone Elliot," I tell him pulling my arm free from Sam's hold "It's fine."

"Who is he?" Elliot asks glaring at Sam.

"Sam," I answer "he's a friend of mine Elliot. Now leave us alone please."

"No," he tells me and I glare at him.

Not the time to be stubborn!

"Leave," I say bitterly.

"Fine," he gritts his teeth and storms into the apartment building.

We stand starring at Elliot's disappearing figure for a few seconds.

"What's wrong?" I ask "why are you here?"

"Because you lied to me," he says trying his best to keep his voice down.

"What are you talking about?" I say confused "I've never lied to you."

"When I asked you if your mother had called you," he stands directly in front of me, his brown eyes filled with fury "you said yes, but you didn't tell me you went to go see her at the company."

Crap.

"How you find out?"

"It doesn't matter," he exclaims "you kept it from me. Everything I do all day is to keep you safe, but it's not going to work if you can't keep yourself safe. Going to the company was suicide and you knew that."

"I went in costume," I explain "I stayed away from any camera angle that could get my face. I took every precaution possible to keep myself safe Sam."

"Why did you go?"

"My mother told me it was an emergency about the company," I tell him "I was going to say no, but it's my dad's company Sam."

"Your dad is dead," Sam shakes his head "and nothing you do will bring him back."

"I know that," I yell "I know my dad's dead Sam. You don't have to remind me."

"Then help me understand why you went to the company?"

"Because while he was alive I never did anything to make him proud," I sit down "and when he died I was a failure. I am failure Sam and I thought that maybe if I did something for the company he would feel at least a little proud."

Sam takes a seat next to me wrapping his arms around me and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes "for reacting the way I did. I should have known you went in costume and that you can take care of yourself. It's just that I worry about you Lydia and the thought of anything happening to you makes me go crazy."

Oh Sam.

"I know," I grab his hand and look into his worrisome brown eyes "and I'm sorry I kept it from you. I was just scared that you would be angry."

He doesn't answer, but his body goes stiff beside me.

What now?

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I saw you and Elliot playing in the rain," he says after a few seconds "you do remember what I said, right?"

"No feelings," I nod "I know."

"Do you have feelings for him?"

Do I?

No, of course not.

But I was jealous.

Isn't that a sign of feelings?

Crap.

"No," I immediately answer shaking my head more than necessary "Elliot isn't even my friend. He's a pain in the ass and I can't wait until he leaves."

That's right Lydia. He's a pain in the ass.

"Good," Sam stands up "because love can stop someone from doing what they have to do. Remember that Lydia."

"I always do," I murmur looking down at my hands.

"It's raining quite hard," Sam comments and I know that's his way of saying goodbye.

"Yeah," I stand up and he smiles at me before beginning to walk away.

I watch him leave until his figure is nothing but a far away dot soon to be consumed by the darkness of the night. And he disappears.

***

Day 67

I wake up at sound of my alarm and immediately my head begins to pound. My throat burns and I have a runny nose.

I'm sick.

Shit, I have work.

Life gets better and better.

"Lydia," I hear Elliot yell from the kitchen and I close my eyes at the loud sound of his voice.

Inside voices please!

"Coming," I answer through my extremely unattractive raspy voice.

I quickly change into my work uniform and throw my untamed frizzy brown hair into a messy bun. Deciding this is as good as I can look today I walk out of the room and head towards the kitchen.

"Hey," I say as soon as I spot Elliot. He looks freshly showered with his wet messy hair and shirtless muscular upper body.

I can't concentrate with you standing there halfway naked.

"Hi," he looks up at me and his expression looks worried "are you okay?"

Is it that noticeable?

"I'm fine," I lean against the table.

"You don't look so good," he walks towards me his big brown eyes filled with genuine worry.

My heart skips a beat at the sight him truly worrying about me.

What am I going to do with these sudden and unwelcomed emotions?

"I am," I smile to reassure him, but he doesn't look convinced.

"You're sick," he stands directly in front of me frowning "and its because you were out in the rain for so long. Why didn't your friend think about that?"

Are you jealous Stone?

Or is he just mad that I pushed him away yesterday?

"It's complicated," I answer ignoring my thoughts "we had to talk, but we had to do it alone."

"And does he always treat you like that?" he aks, his expression daunting.

"No," I shake my head "last night he was just angry that's all."

He looks at me for a second as if considering my response.

"Lets get rid of this," he realses my hair letting it fall freely.

I don't argue.

Maybe because it makes my head feel better or because he's standing so close that the only thing I hear is the rapid thumping of my heart.

His hot heavy breath lingers on my lips and it sends shivers down my back.

Why is he standing so close?

I see him looking down at my lips and I know what he's going to do.

"I'm sick," I murmur looking directly into his eyes.

"So," he says placing his hands on either side of me trapping me so I have nowhere to run. Not that I would run.

I'm still looking into his eyes and I realize I want him to kiss me.

I've been wanting this since I met him, but I was too stubborn to see it.

It's why I hate him because I don't hate him.

My thoughts are interrupted the minute I feel his soft wet lips on mine and I close my eyes wanting to savor the moment, but stomach begins twisting and turning.

Oh no, I feel sick. Really sick.

I pull away from the kiss and run straight to the bathroom disposing of my insides on the toilet.

"Lyddie," I feel Elliot crouch behind me quickly taking a hold of my hair as vomit continues to escape my mouth.

"Its okay," he places one of his hands on my back and I'm grateful for the physical support.

"I'm fine," I say as soon as I stop throwing up.

"I should take you to the emergency room," Elliot says and the meer thought makes me go cold.

"No," I exclaim "don't. Elliot you have to promise me that no matter what happens you wont take me to a hospital."

"Why?"he asks confused.

"Just promise me," I demand fear all over my face.

"Okay, I promise," he nods and I'm releaved.

"I think I'm goo-" I answer before I beging throwing up again.

"J," I hear Elliot say before I realize he's on the phone "I need a favor...go to the closest pharmacy and get some medication for vomiting...Lydia's sick and she wont stop throwing up. I'd go, but I don't want to leave her alone...okay thanks man."

"Thank you," I tell him as more vomit exists my body.

"You're welcome," he replies.

My vomiting stops and I hope its for good now. I stay leaning down in front of the toilet, but Elliot stands up and walks out. A few seconds later he comes back with a cup of water in his hands.

"Here," he hands it to me before sitting down behind me leaning against the wall. I pour the water into my mouth and move it around a few seconds before spitting it out.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

"Don't apologize," he pulls me between his legs towards him and I comply mostly because my body is threatening is fall over any second now.

"Go to sleep," he orders wraping his arms around my waist and I rest my head on his chest.

I have it bad for him, I mentally kick myself, really bad.

"What am I doing?" I feel him kiss the top of my head, but before I can say anything darkness consumes me.

A/N : Hi Everyonee!!! Soo how was the chapter???? Personally I think I like this chapter a lot. Anyways I think updating on the weekends is working out for me maybe I will try to make this routine, but I'm not sure.

I'll update soon. Have a great long weekend!

Comment & Vote

Love, Pam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 446 18
Highest rank in teen fiction - #60 His tongue trails down from my jawline towards my neck. His hands beneath my shirt trying to feel each fibre of my...
1M 21.6K 52
Guardians of Freecaster High #1 "That doesn't make any sense. You were the one who left me. You didn't care anymore." "If I didn't care, Alexis, then...
218K 7.8K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...
345K 7.9K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...