Just A Friend?

By ReadWriteLoveIt

Will I Always Be: Just A Friend? {Book 1} *** {Teen Fiction #1} Ashton Thompson is everything you'd... More

Copyright
Will I Always Be: Just A Friend?
British Vocabulary/ Terms & Slang Phrases
[1]: Bumps, Bruises, Best Friends & Bitches.
[2]: Fake Snow, New Girlfriends & NYE Kisses
[3]: Surprise Visits & Ticklish Moments.
[4]: Chick Flicks...Fantasy vs Reality
[5]: A Smack In The Face From Reality
[6]: Ben & Jerry Kisses
[7]: Family Interruptions & Friendly Spooning
[8]: Morning Glory & Hospital Visits
[9]: Plaster Casts, Play Dough & Prosecco
[10]: Broken Hearts & HOT New Students
[11]: Dinner Disturbances
[12]: Unexpected Messages & Butterfly Kisses
[13]: Pool Parties & Drunken Antics
[14]: Horrid Hangovers & Mysterious Marks
[15]: Flashback
[16]: Just Best Friends
[17]: Argument after Argument
[18]: WTF!!
[19]: Oh My God!
[20]: Mates & Dates
[21]: Setting Rumours Straight & Shocking Announcements
[22]: First Dates & Forbidden Kisses
[23]: Apologies & Confessions
[24]: Designs & Realisations
[25]: Secret Admirers & The End of a Tradition...well for one week!
[26]: A Tempted Moment
[27]: Tina Tantrums
[28]: Falling Out, Making Out & Damn Interruptions.
[29]: Smack
[30]: BFF Timeout!
[31]: Unhappy Birthday
[32]: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
[33]: Tuesday, is just Mondays Ugly Sister
[34]: Lyd vs Ash - Again!
[35]: Well That Was Unexpected!
[36]: Just Like Magnets
[37]: F*** You Reality
[38]: Never Assume, it just makes an ASS out of U and Me!
[38]: Extra
[39]: The Third Wheel
[40]: Just Follow Your Heart
[41]: Emotional Issues
[42]: Mixed Signals
[43]: BF Make Up/ BF Break Up
[44]: TFIF (Thank Fuck It's Friday)
[45]: No Man's Land, A Bottle Of Vodka & A Bag Of Frozen Peas.
[46]: Drunken Tales & A Cold Wake Up Call.
[47]: These Are My Confessions
[47]: His Confessions (ASH BONUS)
[48]: Waterworks, Revelations & Flower Meanings
[49]: Bitches & Ex-Boyfriends
[50]: Drinking Games & R-Rated Kisses
[51]: New Boyfriends & Family Heartbreak
[52]:Revenge Is Sweet
[53]: XOXO
[54]: Fundraiser Planning
[55]: Come Find Me
[57]: Popped Cherry Anyone?
[58]: I'll Be Watching You
[59]: Tattoo Reveal
[60]: But Who?
[61]: Faux Friends & Interrupted Kisses
[62]: Birthday Shock!
[63]: 3 Words...8 Letters
[64]: One Line Or Two?
[64]: One Shot or Two? (ASH BONUS)
[65]: Young, Wild & Drunk
[66]: Birthday Shots & Horrid Hangovers
[67]: Surprise Surgery & Baby Plans
[68]: Pink Or Blue
[69]: Let The Countdown Begin
[69]: extra
[70]: Final Preparations & Moaning Puppets
[71]: The Fashion Show - Swimwear
[72]: The Fashion Show - Formal
[73]: The Fashion Show - The Boys
[74]: The Fashion Show - Casual Wear
[75]: The Fashion Show - Date Night
[76]: Fashion Show - Surprise!
[77]: Backstage Revelations
[78]: And The Internship Goes To...
[79]: Let The Celebrations Begin
[80]: After Party & Future Planning
[81]: The Calm Before The Storm
[82]: XOXO Revealed!
[83]: You Have The Right To Remain Silent
[84]: Breaking Free
[85]: Cocktails & Confessions
[86]: Friends Are The Family We Choose!
[87]: Sealed With A Kiss
[88]: Quality Time With Family & Friends!
[89 - Part 1]: Last 24 Hours...
[89 - Part 2]: Hugs & Kisses
[90 - Part 1]: His Forever Girl
[90 - Part 2]: It's Not Goodbye, It's Cya Later!
[The Epilogue]
[Full Cast List]

[56]: Finally Found What I've Been Looking For

455K 12.2K 6.1K
By ReadWriteLoveIt

I was speechless.

As soon as I switched the lights on, all of Ash's back garden lit up with hundreds and hundreds of fairy lights. They were all strung up in the trees, wrapped around the decking and on the fences. And there at the bottom of his garden was a tent, covered in fairy lights wedged between two of the trees.

Then I saw Ash walking towards me with a huge grin on his face. "Hey."

"Hey. What is all this?" I ask as he reaches me, snaking his arms around my waist as mine wrap around his neck.

"Just thought I'd do something different and a little bit special for our first date. What you think?"

"I loved it, thank you. It was so much fun." I reply, then stand on my tip toes and kiss him. I can't describe the feeling that overcame my body at this moment; I'm so happy and so in love.

"It's not over yet." He smiles linking his fingers through mine and walking me down the decking steps and onto the grass.

"What's brought all this on?" I ask, "Not that I'm complaining one bit."

"I just figured you deserved something more from me than going out for dinner and a movie after everything we've been through this last couple of months." He says stopping in front of the tent. "I'm sorry it took me so long to realise that I had feelings for you Lou. I was confusing them with...well with my protectiveness of you and being your best friend. Never in a million years did I ever think you'd like me like this but I guess you do huh." He says and I nod, a huge happy smile taking over my face.

Oh he had no idea.

"Oh I definitely like you Ash." I reply softly. My heart going ten to the dozen under my ribs.

"Well I'm sorry it took me so long to realise that it meant more and I'm so sorry that I've hurt you with some of my actions lately." He whispers. "But you need to know I'm so into you and I really want this to work between us. I'm so scared that I'm going to do something stupid and ruin us. I really really like you Lou."

I could feel a tear slide down my cheek as I looked up at him. "You have no idea how strong my feelings are for you Ash." I reply to him. "And as for everything that's happened lately, it's all okay now. Everything we've been through has brought us to this moment right here, and I wouldn't take any of this back for the world. You make me so happy Ash and I'm so glad that we're finally together. This just feels right."

"Yea it does." He replies staring down at me, before flashing me one of his heart stoppingly gorgeous rare smiles.

His hands grip my cheeks as his lips meet mine once again. My arms wrap under his armpits and attach themselves to his shoulders as our kiss begins to deepen. He pulls away before kissing my nose gently.

"Go make yourself comfy, I'm gona go see if the pizza's here." He smiles before walking back inside.

I turn and make my way into the tent. Looks like we're going to be comfy tonight, he'd brought a mattress for us to sleep on in here. The floor was covered in a huge quilt, loads of pillows and blankets. I slipped my boots off leaving them by the door entrance before climbing under all the blankets and quilt, I could see Ash's laptop resting against the side of the tent next to the pouches that you can place stuff in. I was about to check what he'd brought in with him when Ash ducked into the tent.

"Hey you, no peaking." He grinned plonking himself down next to me holding our food.

"I'm just being nosy." I chuckle as he sorts himself out.

He quickly pulls his shoes off leaving them next to mine and passes me the food so that he can slip under the blankets with me. Ash turns on his laptop and puts on Friends for us to watch whilst we eat. It just happened to be one of my favourite episodes, VEGAS!

I was about to ask him if we had any drinks when he opens up the cooler he had placed next to him and pulls us both out a bottle of cider each.

"It wouldn't be our Friday night if we didn't have a drink." He chuckles opening my bottle before his.

"I'm glad you're not changing that tradition."

"Never."

*~*~*~*

The episode of Friends finished and before the next one started I turned to Ash and smiled at him.

"I just want to say thank you for tonight Ash, best first date ever. And that treasure hunt was so much fun."

"You're welcome, I was watching you through the kitchen window you know; every time you came in there you had the biggest grin on your face."

"Well your clues were brilliant, although I didn't appreciate running up and down your stairs a hundred times."

"I didn't think of that when I planned it out, you should be grateful I was able to think things up that rhymed."

"You're telling me you came up with all those clues yourself?" I ask grinning up at him.

"Well...maybe not all of them. Dana and my mum helped me with some, it's really hard." He says laughing.

"Well you get ten out of ten for effort, and a huge kiss for my gorgeous roses. Thank you." I smile before pressing my lips to his.

"You're welcome, does that mean I get thirteen kisses?" he says leaning down to kiss me again. I kiss him back but my mind was trying to take in the new information. Looking at Ash's smiling face he was waiting for me to click with something.

He wanted thirteen kisses...one kiss for each rose...oh my god...he got me thirteen roses.

"Oh my god...'I hope you know how beautiful you are and you get butterflies thinking of me as much as I do thinking of you. Kiss kiss kiss' you were my secret admirer?" I say repeating what had been written on the card hidden in the flowers.

"Guilty." He says smiling at me. "I hope you're not mad."

"No not at all but...why didn't you say so?"

"You were with Elliot then." He says shrugging. "I wanted you to be happy and he seemed to be doing that. But I wanted you to know that there was someone else who thought you were beautiful and still thinks you're beautiful."

It was a good job that Ash had his arm wrapped around me otherwise I think I would have melted into a puddle.

"I wish you'd have said something. As much as Elliot made me happy and he's such a nice guy, it was you I wanted to be with. I just didn't say anything because you were with Tina and kept saying we were a mistake every time we kissed or did something."

"I was an idiot that's all I can say. My feelings for you confused and scared me, you're my best friend Lou. I wasn't used to seeing you as anything otherwise...but then all of a sudden you weren't just my best friend, you were just Lou. A girl who I was insanely attracted to but didn't know what to do about it because you were my best friend."

"Not saying it was a mistake, would have been a good start." I say smiling at him.

"Well like I said I was an idiot. I'm just glad I finally got the courage to confess to you."

"Me too." I reply kissing him before he clicked start on the next episode.

*~*~*~*

We finish up our food and a couple of drinks before Ash moves his laptop onto my side of the mattress. He quickly runs back into the house to put our rubbish away before locking it up. Even though we were right outside we didn't trust leaving the house unlocked all night. Ash slipped back into the tent and began to lay down behind me.

He switched the laptop from Friends to The Notebook before settling down behind me again. With the amount of pillows we had out here he was able to prop himself up behind me and still be able to watch the movie as we spooned.

As always, I ended up mumbling along with the movie, practically knowing it word for word and crying at the same point. I felt Ash's arm tighten around me and pull me closer before he pressed a soft kiss to the top of my head. He knew how much of a softy I was when it came to this movie.

As the credits began to roll I was rolled onto my back as Ash hovered over me before kissing me. This night was perfect, I couldn't ask for anything more.

And then Ash surprises me again...

*~*~*~*

"Come with me a minute." he whispers and I nod as he moves us out of the tent.

I climbed out as he turned off his laptop, slipping it back to the side of the tent then fiddling with what looked like his phone and some portable speakers, just then soft music began to play and he held his hand out to me. {Ooh ooh ooh}

"I don't want us to miss this opportunity whilst we're out here, dance with me?" he asks and I nod in delight and take his hand in mine. It was so cheesy dancing underneath the stars but I was loving every second of it, sometimes all you need in life is a little bit of cheese.

As the song began, I registered what song it was and my heart beat picked up. It was 'Crush' by David Archuleta.

Ash's arm tightly wrapped themselves around my waist as mine slip around his back and grip onto his shoulders as my head rests on his chest, as we slowly begin to sway together. In this exact moment I was so happy, nothing could spoil it.

{I hung up the phone tonight
Something happened for the first time
Deep inside it was a rush, what a rush
Cause the possibility
That you would ever feel the same way
About me, just too much, just too much}

I felt Ash tighten his grip on me as the lyrics were sung; it literally felt like they were about us.

{Why do I keep running from the truth?
All I ever think about is you
You got me hypnotized, so mesmerized
And I just got to know.

Do you ever think when you're all alone
All that we can be, where this thing can go?
Am I crazy or falling in love?
Is it really just another crush?}

I looked up at Ash and pressed my lips against his, I loved him so much for doing all of this tonight. I would have been happy doing anything with him but the fact he'd thought all of this out just for me, made me fall for him even more.

{Do you catch a breath when I look at you?
Are you holding back like the way I do?
Cause I've tried and tried to walk away
But I know this crush ain't going away-ay-ay
Going away-ay-ay

Has it ever crossed your mind
When we're hanging, spending time girl?
Are we just friends? Is there more? Is there more?

See it's a chance we've gotta take
Cause I believe that we can make this into
Something that will last, last forever, forever!}

As the rest of the song played out we kissed, it felt like this song was our soundtrack. "Definitely not just a crush." Ash whispered against my lips as he pulled away once the song ended.

"Definitely not." I whisper back as the next song began. I knew instantly what it was, it was one of my favourites when I was younger, I knew the lyrics like the back of my hand and knowing he'd picked this song to play melted my heart. It was 'Finally Found' by Honeyz.

{Ooh ooh ooh}

"I love this song." I say quietly to him as my arms wrap around his back tightly.

"I know." Ash replied pressing a kiss to my temple as I rested my head on his chest again as we continued to sway under the thousands of stars and hundreds of fairy lights in Ash's back garden.

{I can't believe you're here with me,
And now it seems my world's complete,
And I never want this moment to end.
I close my eyes and still I see,
My dreams become reality,
And now I know how it feels to be in love.
I prayed so many nights that you would come my way,
An angel from above to light my darkest day.
I think it's time for you to heed these lines
'Cos there's something I want to say}

My heart was soaring as I listened to the lyrics of the song. As it continued, my grip on Ash got tighter as the lyrics were explaining exactly how I felt. I hope this meant he felt this way too.

{I finally found what I've been looking for,
And now you know I'm going to love you more.
Hold me tight 'cos it's always been you.
(It's always been you)
To think that you were always there, (always there)
To be my friend and wipe away my tears,
Now it's clear that it's always been you.}

I chanced a look up at Ash to see him already watching me with a happy smile on his face. He leant down and kissed me, my arms now slipping around his neck to bring him closer to me. I know they say it in the movies that you feel fireworks going off in your stomach when you get THAT kiss. And honestly think I was experiencing that moment myself.

{Sometimes you don't expect that friends,
Can become lovers in the end,
Only god knows what the future will bring.
So hold me close and don't let go,
'Cos this is love, boy, don't you know?
And we're gonna be together for eternity.
I prayed so many night that you would come my way,
An angel from above to light my darkest day,
A love so strong it's can't be wrong
It's with you that I belong

(This time) this time
I'm gonna make it turns out right
I wanna be your everything and by your side
For the rest of my life
(This love) this love
Feels the way that love should be
Look in my eyes and realise there's no disguise
'Cos I'm in love with you}

I pulled out of our kiss and took Ash's hand in mine and started walking us to the tent. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him again before resting my forehead against his.

"Make love to me Ash." I whisper, daring to look him in the eyes.

"Are you sure? This isn't what all this date was about you know." He says softly and I nod. My heart was beating so hard in my chest and I was so nervous but I wanted to do this. I was ready.

"I know." I whisper before gripping his hand in mine. "I want to as long as you do."

He nods and smiles a smile at me that I've never seen before, it gave me a feeling that I know I'll always remember.

"One second." He whispers running onto the deck and switching off the fairy lights and running back to me. "We can't leave them on all night."

I nod as he leads me into our tent for the night, closing up the outside of the tent then zipping us in. I was lay down on the mattress leaning up on my elbows, our quilts and blankets surrounding my feet as I heard Ash flick a switch and soft fairy lights that I hadn't noticed lining the edge of the tent lit up. The lighting was so romantic; this whole evening had been romantic. I couldn't have imagined my first time being as more perfect.

The music was still playing in the background but it was lower now, just quietly playing in the background.

Ash turned to face me before lowering himself over me and stroking his hand down my face. "You sure about this?" he asks and I slowly nod.

"Just...just go slow with me, I've never done this before." I say finally admitting it to him.

His eyes widen for a second before they softened, "You're a virgin?" he asks and I nod.

"I didn't want to tell you before but we're together now. I want you to be my first Ash."

"I'm sorry you're not my first Lou." He replies looking guilty.

"It's okay." I smile up at him, grazing my hand across his cheek.

"Well, I've never had these kinds of feelings for anyone before or made love to anyone either, so you're my first on those accounts." He declares.

"That's even better then," I say as he leans down and kisses me.

Our kisses slowly deepen and Ash slots himself between my thighs, his body gently resting over mine as his hands slowly move my jumper up my body. Our kiss is broken as he pulls it over my head and dropping it besides us as he pulls his hoody over his head. He continues to kiss me before moving his lips down to my neck and kisses above my pulse. I was a sucker for neck kisses; then again I think they cause the same reaction in every girl. Turning us into a happy ball of mush.

As the slow love songs continued to play we stripped each other of all our clothes apart from our underwear. We'd gone further than this before but this time we knew it was leading somewhere and meant something to both of us.

Ash's arm slid behind my back and flicked open my bra before slowly pealing it away from my body. The rest of our underwear quickly followed the rest of our clothes to the floor before Ash pulled up the blankets to cover us.

My arms wrapped around Ash's neck as his lips met mine again. I'm glad we weren't rushing this and I'm so glad that we're not drunk right now. We can take our time with one another and remember this moment.

His lips began to descend my body; pressing hot kisses over my breasts before trailing down my stomach, it made my body tingle all over. Then he kissed my tattoo and my breathing hitched again. His fingers began to rub me intimately before slipping one inside and I had to bite down on my lip from moaning too loudly. He pressed his lips against me intimately once before moving back up my body to kiss me whilst he pleasured me.

He groaned into my neck as I attempted to control my breathing as he slowly slid in a second finger, I adjusted my body so that Ash could lie next to me easier. I wasn't sure what I was doing as I'd never done this before but I was doing what felt natural. Just as I felt myself hit my climax Ash's mouth pressed against my core causing another wave of pleasure to assault my body in the best way.

"You okay?" He asks and I nod euphorically before he kisses me again. I could feel that he was aroused and I began to stroke my hand up and down him. He rolled off me slightly to his side as I began to quicken my pace. I ran my thumb over the top before sliding my hand back down him to continue pleasing him. "Shit Lou, that feels amazing." He moans, his head falling back onto my pillows.

Before he could finish though, he moved himself so that he was once again lay over my body and began kissing me intimately once again. I could feel myself building up to another climax when Ash stopped and kissed up my body. Now I could feel his dick pressing at my entrance. "You sure?" he asks again and I nod. I wouldn't want this moment with anyone else.

"I need you to relax and take some deep breaths. I'm going to go slow okay, just tell me if you want me to stop." He whispers and I nod gazing up at him.

"Oh hang on I need to go get a condom." He says sadly, I could see the frustration on his face.

"It's okay. I'm on the pill; as long as you're clean we can go without."

"I've always used a condom whenever I've been with anyone."

"Okay, I trust you."

"You sure? I can go get one?"

"No, it's okay. Unless you want to?" I ask and he shakes his head.

He gently leant down and kissed me as I felt him slowly push himself into me. There was an uncomfortable pressure but it wasn't too painful just yet. "You okay?"

"Yeah."

"Just relax and keep taking deep breaths Lou." He says quietly, sliding in a little more before pulling out again and then slid in fully.

I gasped as I felt him inside me fully, "Just breath and let me know when you're ready." He muttered against my neck. I could feel his hot breath panting before he began to press kisses along the side of my jaw before making their way to my lips.

He didn't move for a minute or so as I let my body adjust to his size inside me, I took deep breaths as he told me to do and it helped.

"I'm okay." I whisper shifting a little beneath him as Ash peppers kisses to my lips and jaw.

"I'll go slow."

And with that Ash's body began rocking over mine, it was uncomfortable at first but the pleasure was now outdoing the pain.

I shift beneath him and somehow he sunk in deeper causing us both to moan. I could feel my body climbing to its peak as Ash's motions quickened up.

I was panting hard and my head fell backwards as my climax hit me. "Look at me Lou." I heard Ash whisper as he continued to move on top of me.

Ittook all my effort to open my eyes and look up at him; he smiled lovingly at mebefore kissing me as he found his own release.

As our breathing slowed down he slowly pulled himself out of me and I winced. I was sore.

"You okay?" he asks and I nod happily.

"Yea, a little sore but it's so worth it. I'm glad it was with you Ash." I say cuddling up to him.

"Me too Lou...me too." He whispers kissing me again.

He leans over me to grab his boxers and gently cleans between my thighs before tossing them towards our feet. I slip on my knickers as Ash pulls on his jogging bottoms and passes me his t-shirt. As much as I love falling as sleep naked with Ash, we were in his back garden and we weren't taking the risk of anyone walking in on us in the morning, there wasn't a lock on the door like in his room.

As I got cosy under the quilt Ash turned off the fairy lights and music that was now playing 'All My Life' by Kaci & Jojo before curling up against me.

Ash moved me so my head was resting against his chest as his arms wrapped themselves around me.

"Goodnight Lou."

"Night Ash."

"Love you." He whispers pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

"Love you too." I reply, meaning every word.

I just hope soon I can add the 'I' to the beginning of it and he'll say it back.

*~*~*~*~*

Well...I've got nothing to add. What do you think?

As always I cut out most of the R-Rated part, so if you want to read that scene it'll be in my R-rated chapters, if not you can just imagine what happened. ;)

*Edit 2022* I added the R Rated scene in, I don't know where my R Rated chapters have gone.

Anyway....I wanna do a happy dance...this story's at #8!! *dances happily around my room* Thank you everyone, I'm so happy!

And...The Watty's end on Saturday so please vote/comment/share this all you can please!

Love you all...x

**And thank you to @MariaCagna for recommending the song 'Crush' for this chapter. I think it really suits Ash and Lyd's relationship.**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 9.6K 25
This story can be read as a stand-alone but it's recommended to read My Brothers best friend to understand as this is a continuation of that story. H...
766 60 31
In his fights to run away from his past, Bertrand Burke, son of a CEO, has his goals set and straight. He's back for his junior year in school. But W...
7.3K 451 36
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
82.4K 3K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...