Keep Me Sane (Shizaya Fanfic)

By ShizumeRikka

"Izaya, t-there's something wrong with that child..." It's true, he wasn't normal from the start. Orihara Iza... More

Chapter 1: Assigned
Chapter 2: Alarmed
Chapter 3: Further
Chapter 4: Magical
Chapter 5: Time
Chapter 6: Rewind
Chapter 7: Helpless
Chapter 9: World
Chapter 10: Rain
Chapter 11: Save
Chapter 12: End
A Christmas Spin-Off
Halloween Special

Chapter 8: Game

4.3K 235 414
By ShizumeRikka

(Shizuo's POV)

I arrive earlier at the asylum today. I have to refrigerate the strawberry parfait to make sure it's still in tip top condition once Izaya gets it.

"Oh, good morning," I greet the cafeteria ladies.

They greet me back and I ask them if it was ok to refrigerate something. They say it's fine so I hand over the strawberry parfait.

"We'll keep an eye on this Heiwajima-san!" One of the younger ladies said.

I smile, "Thank you!"

I walk to Izaya's room to check on him. He might be sleeping, I remembered. Well, this might be the only chance I get to see Izaya sleeping. I take my time walking over to his room. There's this part of me hoping that he's awake. I want to spend more time with him to be honest. I finally get to his door and reach for the doorknob, but my hand starts to twitch.

I hear a faint whimper from inside the room.

I hear grunts and groans.

I hear the bed creaking.

He wasn't alone, that demon was with him.

My hand froze- no- my whole body froze.

I almost forgot that this was just a game. I almost forgot that Izaya was being raped and tortured. I was this close to being submerged into the fact that the asylum was just an enchanted place that brought me and Izaya together.

Yet there was a darker side to this asylum...

If I strained hard enough, I could hear Izaya crying out. It was like he was reaching out to me.

I placed my hand on the doorknob, but hesitated to open it. I couldn't bring myself to open it, not just yet. Several events must happen before I can confront Izaya. If I mess up the order, Izaya could... no! It won't be like last time! But for now, I have to be ignorant of Mr. K.'s actions.

I pull back my hand and continue walking to end of the hallway.

One more month, just... one more. If all goes well, then maybe- maybe...

~

(Izaya's POV)

"Ahh, what a waste, my brand new uniform is dirty..." Mr. K. holds his blazer up.

"Good... it doesn't fit you anyways," I hold my breath.

"Haah! What did you say you bitch?" He grabs my hair, "Tch, going for another round is pointless now, say goodbye to today's meal. You won't be eating today."

And with that, he leaves my room. I lie back down on my bed, without bothering to put my clothes on.

I lay there, naked, bruised, scarred.

~

"Izaya!" Shizu-chan barges into my room.

I was distracted by a squirrel just outside my window that I don't even bother to turn around.

"Izaya," Shizu-chan says my name again, but instead, he lightly bites the tip on my ear.

He surely got my attention, "Wha- Wha-What is i-it?!"

"I got permission to go up the rooftop with you," he holds up a key.

"Really?" I ask, a bit intrigued.

He nods, "Mhmm, too bad you're room isn't on the third floor or something, the view would be beautiful up there."

"But I can't the people on the first floor are the people that have to be specially looked after for, I just happen to be one of them, " I bluntly explain.

"Ah- y-yea..." Shizu-chan awkwardly laughs.

"I would like that strawberry parfait though..."

"Oh! Great idea! Did you have breakfast yet? If you're done, you can eat the parfait up on the roof-"

"Uh... yea..." I force myself to smile.

"You already ate breakfast?" Shizu-chan asks, a bit unsure.

"Yup."

"You look thinner this week," he holds my wrist.

"Really, just your imagination, let's go."

"Alright," he sighs.

~

We walk up to the rooftop. There was no elevator in this asylum, mainly because of my breakdowns. In my hand, I held the key that lead to the roof. Shizu-chan on the other hand, held the parfait to make sure I don't start eating it on the way to the top.

I open the door and the sunlight starts pouring out, I close one eye and turn my head to the side. I finally get used to the sunlight and I step forward.

"Uwaaah, the breeze up here feels so nice," I close my eyes again.

Shizu-chan starts laughing, "Look at you! Haha, you look so cute.

"N-No I don't-"

"Orihara-san, Orihara-saaan!" It was Mr K.

Mr. K. finally gets to the last step and looks for me, once he spotted me, his face lights up.

"Orihara-san I've been looking for y-" As Mr. K. runs to me, he didn't realize that Shizu-chan was near the door and bumps into him.

On purpose.

The parfait falls to the ground and scatters everywhere.

"Ah- AHH! S-Sorry Heiwajima-san!"

"U-Uh..."

"You know what? To pay you back, ask the cafeteria ladies any dessert you want and tell them it's on me, ok?" Mr. K. bows at Shizu-chan over and over again.

Shizu-chan nods, a bit dazed from what happened. He starts to go down to the cafeteria, which meant that Mr. K. and I were alone on the roof.

"Oi!" Mr. K. shouts at me, "Pick the parfait up!"

Without arguing, I kneel on the ground and start to pick up the remains. Mr. K. suddenly presses his shoe on the back of my head and forcefully pushes my head down.

Mr. K. starts to grin, "Actually, I change my mind, eat it off the ground. It's such a waste of food. So eat it, like the dog you are."

I try to sit up, but the force on Mr. K.'s foot was too strong. The door starts to open and Mr. K. suddenly takes his foot off and pretends to help me off the ground.

"O-Orihara-san?!" Mr. K. pretends to panic.

"What happened?" Shizu-chan asks.

"He fell onto the parfait, how careless of me."

"I'm his caretaker, I'll clean him up."

"How reliable, well I'll be off then," Mr. K. goes through the door.

I rub my head to make sure that I had no bump.

"Izaya, you ok?" Shizu-chan puts the dessert down and takes a look at me.

"Yea, I'm more interested in the dessert," I casually point at it.

"Of course you are," he pats my head.

(Shizuo's POV)

Good, no bump on his head, haaah, I really hate myself.

~

(Izaya's POV)

"Tsk, why did he have to get in the way..." Mr. K. starts to undress.

I walk to the other corner of my room, "Didn't we already do it this morning?"

"But I simply asked you not to eat today, and what did you do?"

I stay quiet.

"Exactly, now strip," Mr. K. orders.

~

"Ahh, so disappointing, I'll just bring my toys tomorrow!" Mr. K. starts to leave.

Once the door closes, I start to scream. I'm too shaken up to even cry. No matter how loud I scream, nobody can hear me. I'm screaming, my mind is screaming, my body is screaming. I scream, even though my throat starts to get raspy.

After all the screaming, I couldn't make a sound.

Why is it me?! It's painful! I hate it!

AHHHHHHHHH! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! IT HURTS!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 87 28
With Izaya finally dead at the hands of Shizuo, he's left a ghost that's stuck haunting his murderer. All the while he watches as Shizuo spirals into...
25.1K 766 15
Izaya and Shizuo have hated each other for as long as they've known each other and now they have to live with each other for two months as experiment...
16.2K 440 12
She was all alone. Left on the streets of Ikebukuro. Nobody knew her and nobody noticed her. And she was used to it. But one day her miserable but pe...
22.1K 1.4K 16
1708 pirates rule the seas and Shizuo Heiwajima is one of the most feared of them all. One day, Shizuo's crew raids a coastal town, and takes many wo...