Pretty Is

By Jasmine_Gamble

"Pretty is what pretty does, you'll always be pretty because you're still filled with love." •Lyfe Jennings More

1) Jehari
2)Romeo
3) Getting To Know U
4) Sunday Dinner
5) Mama
6) First Date From Hell
7) Do Over Date/I Gotchu
8)Gotta Have You
9) Meeting Mama Rose
10) Chillin' & Strippin'
12) Move In Day
13) Audition Pt. 1
14) Audition Pt. 2
15) Celebration
16) Simple Things
17) Happy Birthday
18) Brokenhearted
19) Downward Spiral
20) Addicted
21) Pretty Is Pt. 2
22) Rehab
23) Recovery
24) Begin Again
Epilogues: Pretty Is Pt.3
Thank You!!!
Sequel Bih!!!
(Bonus Chapter)
New Cover
Issa New Cast

11) Pretty Is (Part One)

3K 163 33
By Jasmine_Gamble

Nanananana

Get Jiggy wit it

Nanananana

Get Jiggy wit it

Only Romeo would set that as his ringtone. I rolled over and answered my phone, instantly hearing his voice.

"Hood morning! It's a beautiful day! Getcho ass up and hurrup!" He yelled, making me pull the phone away from my ear.

"Really Romeo?"

"Yeah! If I gotta get up, so do yoooou!" He sang.

"I'm up, what do you want?" I sat up.

"Answer the damn door!" He said, hanging up.

I heard a random beat followed by him singing Michael Jackson's Billy Jean.

Billy Jean's not my lover

She's just a girl

Who says I am the one

But the kid is not my son!

I swung the door open and he grinned at me.

"Hello my sexy chocolate unicorn!" Romeo picked me up, hugging my body.

"What is up with y'all calling me a chocolate unicorn?" I scrunched my face up.

"I don't know. Aye my fam wanna go to breakamafist and I told them I would bring you."

My eyes widened when he said that.

"Really bro?"

"Yeah. Now go get dressed dumplin'." He tapped my booty.

Sighing, I went to my room with him behind me. He laid back on my bed as I went into my bathroom.

"Bae!"

"Yes Romeo?"

"What is yo password bruh?" He huffed.

"Why?"

"Cause I'm boooored! And I need some music in my life." He whined like a baby.

"Where is your phone then?"

"Somewhere you ain't." He said smartly.

"Why can't you play on your own phone?" I pressed.

"Cause yours if funner."

"Funner is not a word." I shook my head.

"Let me live Jehari! What is the password?" He yelled again.

"It's my mother's name Romeo." I giggled, putting my face mask on.

I brushed my teeth and went to get my underwear out. Romeo was quiet as he played on my phone and R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet played from my Beats pill.

"Jehari, I'm still bored." He whined again.

"How about this, find my outfit for today." I said going back into the bathroom.

"Accessories too?" He called from the room.

"Go crazy boo. Just make me look decent please."

"I gotchu shawty." He chuckled.

Shaking my head, I got in the shower and washed my body with my lotus flower body wash and my hair with cucumber lemon shampoo.

Once I was rinsed and shaved, I got out and dried my body real good before putting on my black and purple VS bra and panty set.

I went into my room to see my outfit laid out on the bed and Romeo taking selfies on my phone.

I looked at my outfit and smiled. It was actually cute but simple.

Dark washed Levi jeans, a white vneck, black and white flannel, black and white Converse, and a Spurs snapback.

I got dressed and ran my fingers through my now curly hair before putting on the hat and turning it backwards.

After debating on whether I wanted to tie the flannel around my waist or not, I ended up wearing it open.

Romeo handed me my silver MK watch and black diamond studs along with his silver chain that he had on.

When I was completely dressed, Romeo grinned.

"I did that huh? I know."

"Whatever goofy booty." I giggled.

I took my time to study his look for the day as he straightened out his clothes.

A black crew neck with the word Baller in white, white 501s, and black Gucci sneakers. On his wrist was a white G-Shock and he had his class ring on.

"You cute boo." I smiled.

"Thanks babe. One time for the Gram doe!"

We took a picture and right before I walked out of the door, I got an IG notification.

I looked on it, seeing he had posted the picture.

Montana_Romeo: I picked out her fit for the day. @JehariNoelle #CauseSheWife #IWasBored #OnlyBaeCanRockMyChain #MorningTho #LetTheHatingBegin

I looked at him and he shrugged, taking my hand in his. When we were settled into his Benz, I decided to play some music.
________________________________________
Romeo

I took Jehari's hand in mine as I drove to IHop. My parents have been begging to meet her, so today they would.

I would also be talking to her about this lil job of hers. Even though I enjoyed it, and I know she was stripping before she met me, I refuse to let another nigga see what's mine.

The car ride was silent until I heard this new Lyfe Jennings joint called Pretty Is. I turned it up and looked over at Jeh, who was in her own little world.

"You heard this song yet?" I asked, squeezing her hand.

"No."

"Listen to the words."

I took my phone and replayed the song. We had just pulled up to the restaurant, but Romello texted and told me to wait for him.

As the beat played, I pulled Jehari into my lap and played with her hands, both of us silent.

When the lights go out

And the clothes go on

All the money in the air

And all the bad bitches gone

She walk out that doe

A little slower than before

And every nigga in the parking lot

Tryna take her home

But she knows

This ain't what she came here for

And she knows

They be thinking she's a hoe

But she knows

She's just tryna stack some dough

Girl get yo money

Don't let em turn it into

Something ugly

There's no need to worry

Pretty is what pretty does

You'll always be pretty because

You fall but get up

Pretty is what pretty does

You'll always be pretty because

You're still filled with love

I looked into her eyes, and brought my lips to hers. Her lips tasted sweet and felt soft, making me want more. But before I could deepen the kiss, she pulled away.

"Are we moving too fast Romeo?"

"Nah."

"You sure?"

"Baby, if we are moving too fast, just know that I'll protect you if we crash." I said sincerely.

"I just don't want to move too fast and get hurt. The last guy I was with only wanted to get me in his bed, and I fell for it.That's why my guard is up."

"Jehari, obviously that nigga in the past for a reason. Stop comparing me to these other niggas okay?"

She nodded and sat in her seat just as Romello pulled up. I got out and opened her door.

"Brudda!" This nigga licked my cheek.

"Move nigga!" I bit his finger.

"Ow! I'm telling mommy."

"Cry baby ass bitch!"

"Nuh uh! Hey Jehari baby!" He hugged Jehari as she laughed.

"Get off my chocolate unicorn! Find ya own!" I pushed him.

The hostess laughed as we argued and she led us to the table with our parents. I hugged my mom and Mello just had to lick her face.

"Romello Trevante Montana! Did you just lick me?"

"I told you to get that boy checked out Tasha." My dad shook his head.

"Is it too late?" I asked.

"Mommy, Romeo bit my finga!" Mello cried in a British accent.

"Unfortunately." My dad sighed.

I squeezed Jehari's hand and pulled her in front of me, ignoring my slow ass brother.

"Mom, Dad meet my wife, bae, girlfriend, ballerina, Jehari. Jehari meet my parents Tasha and Rico Montana."

My mom pulled her into a hug and my dad nodded.

"It's nice to meet you all." Jehari said politely.

"Aw, she's polite. I like her Romeo." My mom smiled.

I pulled out Jehari's seat, letting her sit down before sitting in my own seat. We all ordered and started talking.

"Jehari your parents must be proud of you. You are really sweet and smart." My mom cooed.

"Thank you Mrs. Montana." Jehari blushed.

"Girl call me Ma. These knuckle heads do."

"We sure do baby." My dad flirted.

"Ew, y'all nasty!" I groaned as they flirted.

"Boy you know you be flirting with Jehari. Don't act brand new." Ma smacked her lips.

"But y'all old." Romello said in a baby voice.

"Anyways, y'all comin' to my game tonight?" I asked my parents.

"Did he just ask us that?" My dad looked at my mom.

"He must not want us there." Ma shrugged.

"No! I want y'all to come, it's just that I thought you'd have plans." I explained.

"Since when do we have plans on Sundays besides going to your games? We got all week to fuck." My dad said bluntly.

I put my head down in embarrassment as Romello choked on his food. Jehari rubbed my thigh and I grabbed her hand.

"Hey, don't you audition for that school in two weeks?" I turned my attention to her.

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"You told me. I remember everything you tell me."

She blushed making Mello pinch her cheeks.

"Aw the baby!"

"Tasha, your son is slow." My dad shook his head.
____________________________________

I sat in the lockeroom fully clothed, waiting for six o'clock to come. It was only five thirty, and the actual game didn't start for an hour.

I got my phone from my duffle bag and went through my pictures. Coming across two videos, I watched them.

They were the videos I had recorded of Jehari rehearsing for her auditions. I had forgot all about them.

I edited the videos, making them one and posted it on Instagram.

Montana_Romeo: Found these so I decided to share them before I go out on this field. My baby @JehariNoelle be twirling on y'all hoes! #OldFiles #MyBallerina #ISeenYallHatinAssCommentsEarlier #KeepOnHatin #WhoWatchinTheGameTho #FalconsVsCowboys

Five minutes later, I got comments on the videos. I read them and laughed at them hating ass broads.

"You clowning nigga." Ty said, sitting next to me.

"Eh, I gotta let em know that I'm taken." I shrugged.

"Foolin' ass nigga." He laughed.

"Get in a circle!" Coach yelled.

The team gathered around him and said a prayer before running out onto the field. Standing on the sidelines, I looked behind me and saw my family sitting a few feet away. Jehari was right behind them with Mama Rose, JoJo and Kelly.

I smiled up at them and got in the huddle.

"Montana, I want you to be on number eighty. Don't even let him come near the ball." I nodded.

"Break!"

We got out to center field and I got in front of eighty. I looked in his eyes and saw that it was my biggest enemy during training.

Rashad Baxter

"Lil nigga Romeo. Ready for this ass whoopin'?" He smirked.

"Yeah, and you gone be receiving one the whole game." I mirrored him.

Then it was on.
-------------------------------------------------

We won the game tonight, but I got flagged twice. That referee a bitch anyway. Ugly ass.

Now I'm chilling with Jehari on my bed. Deciding on having that talk with her, I sat straight up with my back against the headboard.

"Baby, we gotta talk."

"About what?" She turned to me.

"I need you and Mama to move in with me. I don't need you showing off what's mine to other men." I stated.

"No."

"No? Whatchu mean 'no'?"

"I don't need nor do I want a man to take care of me and my mother. I have us."

"And I understand that baby girl. But you really think a nigga want his shorty to be showin' off her body to other men? I sure as hell don't."

Jehari sat up and crossed her legs Indian style before speaking.

"I've been taking care of my mama since my father died. I hate depending on people because they end up holding that over my head. I'm not saying that you would do that, but I rather work for what I have."

I nodded in understanding and decided to make another suggestion.

"Why don't you teach ballet classes then? I mean, you're a great dancer. I'm pretty sure there are little girls who have the same dream as you."

"You're right. I'll think about it. But as far as me and my mom living with you, that's a no go."

"Man, aight."

I stared at her for a few seconds and leaned in, kissing her lips.

"Please baby." I begged.

"You tried it."

I kissed her again, this time pulling her onto my lap.

"Please baby?" I poked my lip out.

"No Romeo."

"So you passing up bomb ass head every night? I heard I can put a woman to sleep with my tounge."

She mugged me as I stuck my tounge out, flicking it on her lips.

"You and Romello are weird as hell."

"And you love it girl!" I sang.

I heard her sigh as she put her head down.

"Fine, I'll talk to mama about it."

I got up and started dancing. My house was low key getting lonely as hell.

"That's all I want baby. You want some head?"

She looked at me like I was crazy and I pulled her to the foot of the bed. I leaned over her and kissed her neck.

"All you gotta do is let me eat it." I mumbled into her ear.

"Okay."

I smiled as her breathing got a little heavy. Right as I went to pull her shorts down, Mello and Ty's voices boomed throughout my home.

"Romeo! Where you at?!"

I groaned and stood up, stomping my feet.

"I hate them!" I said childishly.

Jehari sat up and turned on the TV as I made my way to the hallway. I looked over the balcony and mugged them.

"I was about to eat! What y'all want?!"

"What was you about to eat nigga? Ion smell no food!" Ty dumbass yelled.

Then Romello whispered something to him.

"Oooh, my bad. Tell Jehari I said wassup."

"Get out!"

They left my house and I stormed back to my room.

I never did get to eat that night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.4K 3K 42
We always look for love because they say it's the most beautiful thing a person can feel. It's one of the most extra-ordinary emotion we can experien...
62.7K 1.3K 30
They say love is poison but I live when I die for you everyday..
4.7K 191 15
True love holds you down... Cuz Even when your hustling days are gone She'll be by your side still holding on and Even when those 20's stop spinning ...
1.3M 66.7K 37
We all have someone who is hidden in the bottom of our hearts. When we think of him, we will always feel a little pain inside, but still we can't for...