LEXIS ✔︎

By victoriapinkglitter

❝In every man, there is a beast. Lexis doesn't have a beast...he is the beast.❞ In the year 2145... More

Welcome To My Lair/Copyright
♚1. LIBERATION
♚2. VIBES
♚3. REVELATION
♚4. TOUCH
♚5. SHADOW
♚6. WALLS
♚7. AFTERMATH
♚8. BREATHE
♚9. TATTOO
♚10. RESUSCITATE
♚11. COLLISION
♚12. RETRIEVAL
♚13. CROWN
♚14. ANTICIPATION
♚15. GAMBLE
♚16. LIBIDO
♚17. AMBITION
♚18. VEILED
♚19. DARK
♚20. GOLD
♚21. BITE
♚22. ILLUSION
♚23. RAW
♚24. REVIVAL
♚25. HOPE
♚26. EMOTIONS
♚27. POSSESSIVE
♚28. SOLACE
♚29. SKIN
♚30. BURN
♚31. KING
♚32. AMOROUS (Part I)
♚33. AMOROUS (Part II)
♚34. HOWL
♚35. IGNITED
♚36. SIRENS
♚38. HUNTED
♚39. HUNGRY
♚40. TOTALITY
♚41. WE
♚42. GOOSEBUMPS
♚43. US
♚44. 101 (Part I)
♚44. LUST (Part II)
♚45. TASTE (Part I)
♚45. RED (Part II)
♚46. UNION (Part I)
♚46. BLISS (Part II)
♚47. LEXIS
♚48. HER
♚49. SHATTER
♚50. EPIPHANY
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL: LEGEND

♚37. BELOVED

36.2K 1.4K 80
By victoriapinkglitter

    "Heroes need monsters to establish their heroic credentials. You need something scary to overcome." ~ Margaret Atwood

J o r d y n T a m e

IT HAD BEEN two days since the one hundred members from the pack had made it to the island. Two days since the signal of Lexis' survival.

Danger and Councilwoman Tarah were still trying to find ways to activate the jets that would not jumpstart at the pack from his security room.

While I...I was left with the responsibility of now caring for and leading the one hundred of my people that were able to make it to the island.

"They want a statement..." Council woman Tarah tells me. "They want to know the fate of those they have left behind."

I stood in the mirror and looked at myself attentively. I wore a silver dress that cascaded down to the floor elegantly and some black heels. My hair was pulled into a sleek ponytail and my make up was bold.

"Here," Councilwoman Tarah says to me before placing my tiara on my head gently. I watched as she takes a small symbol of the pack's crest before placing in the space between my brows.

"What am I to tell them?" I question her before thinking pensively. "All we know for sure is that our Alpha is okay. Other than that, we have no follow ups on the thousands of members that were left behind at the pack."

She takes my hands in her's before squeezing them. "Then tell them something. Deflect their worries with positivity."

I shook my head before looking at her skeptically. "You mean lie?"

Councilwoman Tarah smiles softly before she looks to the floor. "Whatever it takes to keep up their spirits. Danger and I will figure out a way to get the rest of the pack here and while we are doing that you just do your part as Alpha female."

"I will not lie to my people." I persisted.

"Jordyn, you need to give them hope. You are not lying by not telling them everything. As a leader you must understand some things are better kept to yourself." She explains to me.

I sighed before glancing out the windows of my room. "I miss him so much." I whispered before looking over at her.

"Our Alpha is alive and you will see him again." She reassures me. "All you have to do right now is go into the gathering in the dining room and speak to your people."

   Councilwoman Tarah was right. Things were so much bigger than me and Lexis at this moment. This situation was not only affecting us but the safety of our pack members.

I nod my head in certainty. "I will not let my people down." I mumbled.

Her eyes of seriousness hold a look of pride. "You, my one, have grown so much. Lead them."

━━༻❁༺━━

I stood at the door with my hands shaking in anxiety. One hundred of my people were in there waiting for solace, and I still had no idea how I was going to give it to them.

Many of them have families and friends who are still left at the pack house during all this conflict.

I opened the door before taking a deep breath and walking inside. My feet steadily glided against the glass of the largest room in the beach house and the whispers of my people corrupted my ears.

When I made my way to the middle of the room, my eyes watched every face closely. Some lowered their heads in respect to me while others watched me curiously.

Able and Samia stood in the back of the room with nervous eyes and I was instantly pained. There was so much uncertainty in the faces of my people.

"I-" I cut myself off not liking my tone. "We have hit a quite uncomfortable position as a pack. We are divided when we don't want to be and certainly when we don't need to be..."

My bottom lip began to tremble and I quickly bit it hard. "As your Alpha female, it is my duty to nurture and to build us up...yet it seems that I am technically the cause of our destruction. If I was honest from the start of who I was to Lexis, maybe I wouldn't be here right now. Maybe I would be in an asylum somewhere but at least you all wouldn't be in this room right now wondering when you will ever see the rest of your people."

I watched as the faces in the room softened their expressions while some with heads lowered looked up in awe.

"But it's now a greater battle than just mates. The union has been manipulating the packs and abusing the humans for far way too long...it isn't about Lexis and me anymore. There are people out there that have suffered at the hands of the union and now we are suffering as well. We are suffering because the supernatural union are a bunch of sadistic cowards who pin people against each other. Division is what they want..."

Those around me nodded their heads at my words.

"I will fight with you all. I will fight until we get our people back! Until we are no longer divided! Not as a pack but as an society! Because we will not defeat the evils of the world if we are still fighting our neighbors. We will get our people back. We will get our people back."

The cheers around me caused my body to relax in the pride and confidence of my people.

"What about the human settlements? They have begun to rebel as well. Are we fighting for them as well?" A woman with blonde hair and high cheekbones questions.

My heart dropped at her words. The humans are rebelling against the union? The humans are part of the revolution?

My parents were at the settlements. Were they okay? Were they hurt?

"Excuse me, my people, I have to leave and talk to councilwoman Tarah to think of more ideas of how we will bring our people to safety but...make yourselves at home..." I muttered out before walking out of the room.

My heart aches and I felt my anger control my my thoughts. Did councilwoman Tarah know? Did Lexis know? Were my parents in danger?

I walked into D's security room in fury. Councilwoman Tarah looks at me with surprise.

"Your talk with them ended so shortly? Are they convinced of our efforts?" She asks me.

"Did you know that the humans started rebelling against the union? Did you?" I asked her brushing away her previous question.

Her eyes widened before she looks away from me and turns to Danger. Danger stopped what he was doing on his security cameras before he glanced over at me.

He then says, "I knew. I just couldn't tell you because..."

"Lexis told you not to?" I asked.

He looks into my eyes with sympathy glazed over them.

"What? You're gonna tell me it was for my own protection? That everything he has ever done was for my own protection?" I continued with amusement.

Danger shook his head before getting up from his chair. "Yes." He says firmly.

"Everything that man has ever done, whether it be morally correct or not, has been for you. Now, it seems like you're so used to his sacrifices, you can no longer see that." He retorts.

I scoff. "Don't pin this on me. Don't you dare!"

"Jordyn, I am sure your parents are safe. Maybe Lexis didn't want anything said to you because he knew you would react this way." Councilwoman Tarah intervenes.

I looked to her with troubled eyes. "They are my parents! I have every right to know! I have—"

"What the f*ck," Danger's voice announces in fascination cutting me off.

"What?" Councilwoman Tarah questions.

"An aircraft...it has just arrived at the northern hemisphere of the island. Someone is coming in."

My body tensed and I walked over to the security screen. "Our pack?"

He shakes his head. "I'm not sure. It's unintelligible from up there. Wait...damnit."

"What, Danger? What?" I pressed him.

"The aircraft is going too fast. It's going to crash." Danger told me before frantically pressing buttons on his desk top.

"Is there any way to stop it from crashing? I mean, we did power the aircraft. Can't we slow it down?" Councilwoman Tarah asks him.

D shakes his head. "Whoever is up there is in control now."

"If our people are in that craft, which you know that they are...they will die. Do you hear me?" I tell him looking at him with livid eyes.

   He turns to me with a solid expression before turning his monitors on and opening another section of his desktop.

"I'm doing all that I can." He mutters before enlarging his desktop screen. "It won't let me into the system. We don't have any power from down here."

Councilwoman Tarah sighs. "What are you telling us?"

Danger's brown eyes go darker and he lets out a shaky breath. "They are going to crash. It's inevitable."

Danger switches something on in his desktop and on the enlarged screen we watched as an large aircraft sped towards the island.

"There has to be a way to save them..." I said almost to myself. "Danger, there has to be something we can do?"

Danger kept his silence and continued to watch as the aircraft continued plummeting down.

"I can't watch people die. Especially my people..." I said turning around.

"Ten," A robotic voice spoke from Danger's monitor.

"Nine,"

"Eight,"

"Seven,"

"Danger are you sure there's nothing that can be done?" I could hear Councilwoman Tarah ask once again this time more desperate.

"No, I'm sorry." He answered.

"Six,"

"Five,"

"Four,"

"Three"

"Two,"

I bit my lip and shut my eyes waiting anxiously to hear the final count.

"One,"

A huge explosion could be heard from the monitor. The explosion was so detrimental it caused static noises to be heard from the security screen.

The room went silent once again and neither me, Councilwoman Tarah, or Danger spoke. We knew that we had just failed our people. We knew that this would stick with us for all time could tell.

"Oh my god!" Councilwoman Tarah almost shrieked. "Alpha female, look at this!"

I hesitantly turned around to the screen. Amongst the fire and the smoke came out a figure with a full body protectant suit and a facial mask. Chills ran over my body as I watched the screen in horror.

"W-what t-the Hell?" I gasped. "A full body protectant suit? Why would they even think to wear that? It's like..."

"They knew they were going to crash..." Danger finished my sentence for me. "Whoever was on that aircraft, knew exactly what they were doing..."

Councilwoman Tarah looks at him with concerned eyes. "You don't think..."

"It's possible..." he answered her.

I looked at the both of them in confusion. "What? What's possible?"

Danger zoomed in on the mysterious figure in the protectant suit before turning over to me.

"Those aren't our people..." he whispered.

I couldn't speak. My body struggled to keep its composure. This was because I knew what Danger meant. The devil had found its prey.

They were here.

The union.

To be continued...

Hey lovelies! I really hoped you enjoyed this suspenseful chapter. I told you guys, since the story will be coming to a close soon anything can happen at any moment and nobody is safe. Hehe. <3

Please vote, comment, and follow!

Xoxo —V
© All Rights Reserved(victoriapinkglitter)

Edited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 3.3K 14
"Beautiful" He whispered, bringing his face in my neck as he inhaled my scent. "You are only for the two of us" Another pair of arms wrapped around b...
16.9K 641 42
There are many types of mates in the werewolf world. Alpha x Alpha, Omega x Beta, Alpha x Beta, Beta x Beta, Omega x Alpha, But there has never been...
5.9K 481 21
Alexa an auburn-haired female alpha is fighting fang and claw to survive after splitting up with her sister, fighting rouges left and right. She come...
120K 4.4K 64
Book 1 of The Lost Crown Series "Miss Selena Wilson, I have enough evidence, right at this instant to announce you as a traitor to the pack. You are...