The Ramblings of Brighton Mon...

De ShelbyLynnRiddle

Brighton Montgomery is your average teenager, slightly witty, and socially awkward. When she is forced to mov... Mais

The Ramblings of Brighton Montgomery [A Jasper Hale Love Story]
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Epilogue

Chapter Three

28.2K 467 336
De ShelbyLynnRiddle

The pathetic ring sound, that was the bell, came over the intercom, I followed Alice out of the classroom and saw Emily waiting for me. I went over to explain that I had someone to take me to my next class, while nodding over to Alice, since Jasper had already bolted out the door.

“Oh.” she said, and gave Alice a quick I’m-not-to-sure-about-you look and then gave me a smile and walked off.

I went back to Alice who continued her twenty questions. “Did I have any pets?” “Not anymore.”

We went into the library where the Study Hall was at.

Jasper and the two other Cullen boys were already at a back table. I stopped, ready to go sit at a table next to me, when Alice asked, “What are you doing?”

“Uhh… sitting down.” I said.

“Why? Come sit with us.”

I looked back over to the table meeting Jasper’s hard gaze and the curious gazes of the other two before replying,

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. I get a feeling your brother doesn’t like me.”

“Nonsense!” cried Alice, “Don’t pay attention to him.”

Alice practically dragged me to the table. She’s strong for someone so little. I was so nervous, I was shaking and I felt sick. Why was I nervous? They were just people. Yeah, unnaturally attractive people. I probably looked uglier than sin next to them. I heard a slight laugh which I assume came from the bronze hair one. Great, he’s already laughing at me.

I finally brought my head up, because my plain black shoes weren’t that interesting anymore. As I did, I met Jasper’s gaze. Suddenly, I felt really relaxed. It felt nice. I mean, my mind was still reeling, but this, this felt good. Almost like being on drugs or something.

“Everyone, this is Brighton!” said Alice. “That there, that’s Emmett.” she said pointing to a huge muscular man. Did he get held back a couple of years? He could kill me. I smiled a slight smiled, which he returned.

“You already know Jasper,” I smiled again, even though, I knew him. I was determined to get on his good side, I mean it was a chair… a chair!

She then pointed to the bronze hair boy, “That’s Edward.” He gave a slight hello, which I returned with a very meek “hey.”

I sat down next to Alice feeling very insecure, even though I was freakishly calm. To keep myself from staring at them. I read every name of the books on the shelf in front of me. Pride and Prejudice… Jane Eyre…. Dracula… Lord of the Rings… Well, that’s boring.

Alice and her family were discussing about going hunting. Since I know nothing about hunting I kept out of the conversation. Not that I would say anything if I did know something. I pushed back the chair and got up to go get a book off the shelf. I stood in front of the shelf contemplating what I should choose, cocking my head to the side trying to read the titles better.

Most of them I’d already read. Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre I could probably recite to you word for word. After further contemplation, I finally decided on Dracula, since the other selections didn’t really catch my eye. I grabbed the slightly tattered book and turned around to go take my seat next to Alice.

Once again I came facing four pairs of eyes. I wanted to throw my hands up and just say “Chill! I’m just getting a book!” I obviously didn’t and quietly went back to sit next to Alice. Sitting down, I glanced up again to find the eyes still on me. This was getting old, I was tired of this, so I stared back. It was a big staring contest!

After settling down in my chair, I picked up the book which had seen better days and began to read…

Left Munich at 8.35p.m. on 1st May arriving at Vienna early next morning; should have arrived at 6.46, but train was an hour late. Buda-Pesth…

“Do you like vampires Brighton?” asked Edward, slightly smirking.

“I don’t know,” I said, “never met one.”

A huge guffaw came from Emmett, and a high musical giggle from Alice, even a small smile from Jasper.

“Good point,” said Edward, “do you think they’re real?”

“Who knows? New things are discovered everyday.” I replied.

“What would you do if you met one?” asked Edward again.

By this time I was fed up with these questions.

So I replied, “Say hi?”

Emmett laughed again, somehow finding this funny. I didn’t think it’s that funny.

After this little episode, the air was lighter. Alice talked to me about shopping, and where to go. Apparently Port Angeles was the closest place to go for decent shopping, or Seattle. She then said we should go shopping together one day. I thanked her and told her that would be nice. Truly I was thankful, for now I wouldn’t have to go with Janet!

Emmett then asked me in his gruff voice, yet surprisingly hypnotic, “How did you hurt your arm?”

All eyes were now on the cast on my arm.

“I fell down the stairs.” I said, remember the whole ordeal, which brought a frown to my face.

A smile came across Edward’s face. “How did you fall?” he asked.

Uh oh… I didn’t like where this was going.

“I… tripped.”

“Over what?” Edward’s smile was getting bigger, stretching across his pale face.

“My… foot.” I mumbled.

Emmett let out a loud, hearty laugh. I was so embarrassed looking at the amused faces of Edward, Alice, Jasper, and of course Emmett. I went to go hide my head in my arms. Why didn’t I lie and say I tripped over one of Chris’ stupid things?

“Shut up,” I whined, I knew my face was red as a tomato by now. “I’m not normally that clumsy, I was in a rush!”

The looks on their faces told me they didn’t believe me. The bell rang again saving me from the torture from the gold eyed Cullens.

I met Emily outside the library. I was actually surprised she was here. Usually when a new person finds someone to hang with, the other person leaves them, assuming they’re good. I was glad of it though, I didn’t know how much of the Cullen boys I could take, especially Edward, he went out of his way to embarrass me.

I waved goodbye to Alice, and she gave me one of her mega watt smiles and I turned to follow Emily through the crowded halls like a puppy. Emily stopped in front of a room that was clearly an art room. Everything was so disorganized and past students’ paintings hung every which way on the walls. Walking through the room was a mine field, with all the art projects that lay on the floor.

“Thank you so much Emily.” I said.

“No problem. Um… Brighton, if I were you I would watch those Cullens. They think they’re better than everyone, and hardly socialize with anyone… until you.”

Comments like this irritated me. The Cullens were perfectly nice people from what I could tell… except for Jasper. Maybe they were all a little shy.

“Thanks Emily, but I can take care of myself. Don’t worry.”

I gave her a big smile. I was trying to imitate Alice Cullen’s, but I think I looked like I belonged in the loony bin.

“OK,” said Emily, “I’ll meet you here after school.”

“OK.” I said and turned around to face my last class of the day.

Looking for a place to sit, I saw Chief Swan’s daughter. She seemed nice enough, so I went to sit next to her.

“You were in the office this morning, you’re new as well I take it?” I said to her.

“Yeah, I’m Bella Swan.”

“Brighton Montgomery,” I replied, “So how’s your first day?”

“Ugh,” she began, “Awful. I think I may have pissed off this guy. I don’t know what I did though.”

“Ah,” I said, “Me too, but I think it’s because I took his chair. Who was the guy?”

“Edward Cullen.” she replied.

“Really?!” I said astonished, “I just came from Study Hall with him, his brothers, and sister. He seemed fine, a little bent on making my life a living hell though.”

This seemed to upset her more, and a confused look passed her face.

“Hey, maybe you stole his seat or something like I did with his brother Jasper. He hasn’t really acknowledged me all day since then.”

“Maybe…” she said, “oh well… I’m hopeless at art, I only took this because it was either this or music and I suck even more in music.”

“Don’t worry,” I said, “stick with me, I’m pretty decent.”

I was no Picasso or Van Gogh, otherwise I would be making a lot of money and probably not be attending school, but I could draw and paint a decent picture worthy of at least a B. The teacher, like every other teacher in the building, didn’t feel like teaching, and told us to, “to get out a piece of paper, draw, and don’t bother me.”

Bella and I used this time to tell each other about ourselves. How she thought Forks was too green and how I thought Forks was too boring. Time passed by quickly with Bella, it was provided with entertainment as she tripped twice going to get the pastels.

The bell gave it’s final effort for the day, signalling it was time to go home. Bella and I filed out with the rest of the class, dodging projects as we left.

“Do you need company going to the office, so we can return these slip things?” I asked.

“Sure.” she said. I saw Emily, and said I was going to the office and I’d see her tomorrow. She said she’d wait for me in the front tomorrow morning. I smiled at her and went walking with Bella.

We began chit chatting about classes we liked and didn’t like. Biology being hers because of what happened. Mine being P.E. because it involved physical activity. We went into the office when Bella froze, craning my neck around her, I followed her gaze to Edward Cullen. From what I could pick up he was trying to change his schedule.

I was going to saw hello, but when he turned around I noticed his eyes were almost black, something I hadn’t noticed before. It was frightening, he turned back to the secretary and quietly said a few words, then quickly went out the door.

The secretary asked how our days were. “Fine.” we said a little too quickly, while looking at each other. The secretary obviously didn’t believe us. We left the office, I glanced at Bella, she was fighting back tears. We walked towards her old red Chevy truck.

“He was probably just having a bad day and you just happened to be there. His brother was like that too. Maybe it runs in the family?” I said.

“How can it if they’re not really related?” she asked.

Good point. I hadn’t fought of that. The parking lot was deserted, out of the corner of my eye I saw Chris waiting for Janet, she was late, which didn’t seem like a Janet thing to do.

“Do you need a ride?” asked Bella.

“Nah,” I replied, “my step-mom should be here soon.”

“OK,” she said, as she was climbing into her truck, “see you tomorrow.”

“Bye.” I said and started walking over to Chris.

I watched Bella’s truck slowly drive away, and I saw a familiar black Explorer turn the corner.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

143K 2.5K 13
• Addie Bale just moved from the big town of London to the small town of Forks, Washington with her mom after she accepts a job as a nurse at the l...
71.7K 1.1K 46
Marianne Swan used to have a fascination with the fragile nature of mortality until it was her own life on the line. Marianne is not scared of much i...
337K 8.7K 21
Sarah Bell and Jasper Whitlock. Opal and Brass. The pastor's daughter and the mischief maker. Two unlikely friends who were torn away from each-ot...
22.9K 687 17
𝒾'𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒷𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒, 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒷𝓊𝓈𝓉, 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝓃𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓈𝑜 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓅𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹, 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 ...