Luna? No sir i'm a Marine

By NotJustAGirlWithWifi

They say i'm the Beauty and he's the Beast, but my life is far from a fairy tale. I thought I had everything... More

Prologue
And the adventure begins
The wolf whisperer
My Angel
Questions but no answers
Deal?
Shopping trip
Were what?
War, What is it good for
Rogues
Meeting Damien
Formal Event
Blast from the past
Not quite a happy ending
Back to my roots
Training begins
Birthday bash
Turning my world upside down
Not exactly love letters
Eyes wide shut
Sink or swim
Meeting the parents
Story time
Surprise after surprise
Promise
Trick or treat
New Ink
Marine corp style
Pups gone wild
Heartbeat
Something that can wash off the pain
Did I forget to mention?
The rescue
Bumps and Bruises
Merry christmas
A little white church
Suspicious behavior
Proving myself
Is this my happy ever after?
Happy New Year
To sequel or not to sequel
Sequal

Picture perfect

134K 4.8K 458
By NotJustAGirlWithWifi

"Did you know about this?" the shock on Luke's face is as genuine as his love for me but I just want to hear him say it.
"If I knew I would be laughing at how shocked you are not sharing your expression."
Luke is used to being kept in the loop and being in charge, I guess it's what being an Alpha does to you. So seeing him like this is rare and very funny, however in this instance we're both in the same position.

Scott only briefly informed us what was happening. A crisp, short, rehearsed summary of today's events. This was originally meant to be a coming home party that was organised for us while we were still on tour. But circumstances changed and we finished our tours early. I had originally set off to America on my own but we all ended up being honorably discharged by the same doctor. Top of her field, the head of the on base hospital of the largest military base in America. They have a world class rehabilitation program for wounded veterans and that is what brought us all to the same state, same area of the United States of America. What are the chances?

So the party was moved from our home to here but then Aubrey came into their lives.
When they got the news they knew this was the perfect opportunity, everyone they love and care for was already coming over for a welcome home party so why not combine it with a christening.

It was the only thing her birth mother wished for. With the father not in the picture a young girl raised in a religious community was left with no other option but to give up her baby. She believed it was for the best, she left Aubrey with a crucifix necklace, religious middle name and one final wish for her baby to have a god in her life. Dave and Scott were all to happy to comply if it meant they got this gorgeous little girl.
So the party was pushed back once again until they could organise a christening and actually have Aubrey in their arms.

That's all they managed to tell us before the priest asked them to take their seats. Luke and I were moved to the very front, as Godparents apparently there were seats reserved for us. The priest began talking and I took in my surroundings. That's why everyone looked so familiar. These are all soldiers or friends and family of Scott and Dave. I've seen many pictures but never had the chance to meet any of them in person. We were called up to the alter, only then I noticed two faces that i'll never forget. I hadn't noticed them in the wave of people but walking in time up the steps to the alter Sarah and Jason were as clear as day. Jason stood by his twin brother with Sarah by his side, I took my place sandwiched between two 6ft tanks.

Looking down at little Aubrey, she has no clue how lucky she is. She has two dads, four former marines, one Alpha, two packs, and  four godparents already wrapped around her baby finger. She won't get away with anything but she'll also never walk alone. We will do everything and anything in our power to guide her and keep her safe. That's what we're promising today. She may not be blood but the second those adoption papers were signed she was family.

The service went by in the blink of an eye. It was no where as near as boring and dragged out as I thought it would be. I guess this day is just full of surprises. People filed out of the church in an orderly manner. Many dying for some fresh air, space, or the long awaited lung full of nicotine.
Outside there isn't a cloud in sight and the sun is beating down on our backs. I thought my moment in the spotlight was over but I was far from right. Currently Luke and I are arranging ourselves for a group photo, we're in the same positions as we were on the alter but the green grass and crystal blue sky was a prettier back drop to a photo.
"So how's the band going?" I switched stance for the next photo and kept the same smile plastered on my face.
"That was actually a one time thing requested by none other than former Alpha Jack Jones. We were as surprised as you. Apparently our parents tried their hands at playing fate."
That is not what I was expecting to hear. Jack was one of the highest ranking Alpha's, a title Luke has now inherited, he knew my father and the Alpha of their pack. He had heard me mention their names and must have put two and two together.
Luke did nothing but smile as Jason and Sarah were explaining, this wasn't all down to his father. Looking up at him, the sun cast a shadow on the side of his face making his features more prominent and his eyes shine as the light hit them. I wonder why he never said anything, never once did he look for appreciation, never once did he ask for something in return, never once did he take credit. Feeling my gaze Luke's eyes shifted from the photographer to me.
"Princess, are you alrigh-" I put my hands on his shoulder and pushed them down do his face was level with mine and planted my lips on his cutting off the end of his sentence. In the background I heard the faint click of the camera and looked to see the photographer smiling at us.

Luke has been relatively quiet all day. It's now time for us to take pictures with Aubrey on our own. The first few were very stages, fixed and fake. I asked the photographer to stop
"Sorry is there something wrong?" he looked confused and nervous.
Maybe not to him but to me there is.
"Um yeah, these fake smiles and identical photos aren't us can we just call it a day?" he looked shocked by my request. Scott must have over heard because he was over in a flash. He pulled the photographer to the side and engaged in a very urgent conversation based on Scotts facial expressions.

I noticed Aubrey's little bow had come undone on her shoe so I bent down to fix it, pretending I was going to eat her tiny feet to hear her giggle. As I stood back up she wanted to be lifted and I just can't say no to her especially since today is all about her. Resting her on my hip and bouncing a little I make funny faces to keep her entertained. Aubrey distracted herself with my necklace and began playing with it. I looked over my shoulder at Luke. His stare intense, he seems at war with himself.
"Just say it" he snapped out of his little daydream
"What?"
"Say it, whatever has been on your mind all day. I know it's something to do with me or else you would have told me by now. I know you Luke"
he  stood behind me, wrapping his large muscly arms around both Aubrey and I. Holding us close.
"Do you ever think about our future?"
The future. The one thing no one can bet on. No one knows what it may hold. It's where dreams are destroyed and choices are created. It never goes to plan and that scares me. I refuse to allow myself to build up false hope of what may or may not happen. Trying desperately to mold my future the way I want it but reality is we can only do so much before it's out of our hands
"Sometimes"
"Do you ever think we'll have this?" my heart almost stopped
"What do you mean?"
"A family of our own, I saw how you were with Rose and Simon when I first found you, even how you are now. It comes so naturally to you. You'd be a great mother, but have you ever thought about it?" his voice was low and stable but began to shake as he started his next sentence
"All i've ever wanted is to be a good Alpha, a perfect mate.....a husband and a father."

I didn't say anything. I never knew Luke thought about our future. He sees me as his wife, the mother of his kids and the Luna of his pack. Luke doesn't strike you as a family man. If i'm honest he seems dedicated to his pack rather than a family life. The big, bad Alpha wants to settle down.
Marriage. Kids. Wedding. Baby. White dress. Maternity clothes.
All these thoughts spinning around in my head.
"Got it" my head snapped towards the photographer who hadn't moved but was joined by Scott and Dave. By this time Aubrey is now in Luke's arms and for a minute I don't move. I just stand there and watch as they interact. Luke who could easily use Aubrey as a toothpick is gentle, caring and affectionate. He holds her like a porcelain doll and treats her like no other. He would be a great father. I always pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind because I didn't know how it would play out. Thinking back to his question my heart is hammering against my chest.
"I have" my voice was soft and you could detect my nervousness. Dave came up to us and took Aubrey while Scott shouted we're very photogenic. They must have taken photos while we were talking and keeping Aubrey entertained. Scott gets what Scott wants. That's how he became known as the Diva.

An hour passed as we made small talk with various people. Most I recognized but did not personally know. Luke said nothing more on the topic as we left the church and arrived at the hotel. We arrived early to help set up as requested by the Diva. Entering the function room I expected to be met with an empty hall but instead multiple voices echoed throughout the large room. Luke and I opened the door to be face to face with none other than the devils themselves. Bonnie was sitting talking to two people who had their backs facing us. Aaron and Zach are laying out tables.
"You've got great friends, don't ever let them go." I looked up at Luke who had his eyes locked on the boys who for once are actually doing work.
"Believe me I couldn't even if I wanted to." no one has noticed that we have entered yet. Lifting my fingers to my mouth and blowing hard I let out a high pitch whistle which catches everyone's attention.

I froze when the people Bonnie was talking to turned around. "Mum? dad?" they didn't. They couldn't possibly have.
"Too old for hugs now are we?"
My dad asked with arms out stretched. I walked up and hugged them. Luke went and helped the boys set up. My mother was still commenting on how much i've grown and changed when people started arriving. I ducked just as she was about to grab my cheeks
i'm not a baby any more.
"Just cause you're 24 now doesn't mean you're not still my baby." As the words left her lips my eyes widened. Oh no, this is not going to end well. Within seconds we were surrounded.
"Wait what?"
"24?"
"Alex?"
"Why didn't you tell us?"

My mum gave me that look that told me I did something wrong. Luke pulled me into him
"we missed your birthday"
his words laced with hurt. I looked around, they all seemed hurt. You'd swear I just betrayed them all.
"It doesn't matter" a chorus of yes it does drowned me out.
"So when is your birthday?" it's not a detail many people have been interested in or needed to know. Hence why it is not information that I typically divulge. Before I had a chance to open my mouth my parents swooped in and answered for me.
"Christmas Eve, she's our little Christmas miricale." I rolled my eyes, that's all i've ever heard. It's usually followed by the 'amazing' story of my birth. No one here needs to know about that. Thinking on my feet I need to get out of this situation.

I bit my lip, something I do when concentrating and winced in pain. I forgot about that, Bonnie had done a great job of covering my split lip. No one had noticed. Had being passed tense. My dad grabbed my face and rubbed my lip, removing the make up.
"what the hell happened to you"
this is not something anyone else needs to know. Especially when it was a freak accident that they will blow out of proportion and start a fight over. 
"training the pack comes with a few grazes."
the DJ started so thanking my lucky stars I dragged Bonnie and Sarah onto the dance floor without any further questioning. I hadn't even noticed every one turning up.

As the night went on I was never short of dance partners. We all laughed and sang along, trying our best not to fall over. Even though we can't hear ourselves talk over the music my thoughts of Luke are as clear as ever. I constantly want to be by his side and my my eyes always end up on him.
My feet are burning from trying to dance in these heels......actually everything is burning. I try to walk off the dance floor but continuously get pushed and shoved by other people, mostly drunk, dancing. My vision is starting to blur and my heart is pounding. I try to steady myself but the lights and floor are spinning too fast. A strong arm wrapped around my waist and supported my weight, helping me walk. The cold night air cut me like a Stanley blade. Instinctively I leaned into Luke's chest. Wrapping his arms around my shoulders I buried my face in his chest, allowing the spinning to stop.
I pulled back a few minutes later, my bottom lip quivering from the cold. Luke untangled himself and took off his jacket, draping it around my arms. Using his thumb he moved my hair out of my face
"What happened princess?" his eyes held concern and worry so I attempted to lighten the mood.
"Didn't I tell you not to call me that?" he chuckled
"Nope I distinctly remember you saying 'oh Luke you're so handsome, strong and brave. Thank you for saving me. I'll be your princess any day'." he attempted to mock my voice but it came out in a high pitch shrill.
I scoffed "you wish!"
"Come on princess, admit it." he whispered in my ear the began kissing down my neck. Usually i'd push him off because this is exactly what he wants and I don't like giving in but this isn't usually. Instead I thread my fingers through his hair and pull him closer to me. His hands trailing across my body, he feels every inch of me. My breathing erratic, I'm finding it difficult to keep my hormones at bay.

Suddenly he stops, just like that he pulls back with a smirk on his face and gives me a wink. Cocky bastard but I fucking love him. My hands on his shoulders I pull him in for the kiss that i've been waiting all night for. Pressed against the wall there's only one thought in my mind and that is I want him. Luke continues kissing down my neck as I slip my hand into his pocket and pull out the laminated card no bigger than a credit card. Looking up to see what I have in my hand I bite my lip. Am I really about to do this? I take another look at this darkened eyes and soft lips. Yes.
I whisper "I have a better idea."
He hesitates for a moment, looking for any sign that i'm not 100% sure but he came up empty handed.
"Are you sure?" he continues to put me first. As if I wasn't already head over heels for the boy he goes and makes me fall for him all over again.
My reply came in the form of an action and that action was walking back inside and away from the party.......

---------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

Whhhhhaaaaaaat 2 updates 1 night????? What's going on?

Comment, vote, eat pizza and enjoy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 7.7K 12
Luna's have gone extinct. Since birth, you could smell a Luna who was going to one day meet their Alpha mate from miles away. Everyone had forgotten...
762K 23.2K 45
Caution: In need of major editing!! Mature content. Werewolf, that's what I am. But I'm not just any werewolf, I normally never go to the pack meeti...
2.4K 433 44
#Completed# Riley was a normal teenage girl. Scratch that, normal teenage WEREWOLF. She lives in the Destiny Pack with her brother and parents. Ther...
4.4M 59.9K 28
Meet the best Alpha ever, Lance Stryder. Are you tired of werewolf stories where the Alpha yells out "MINE" and practically kidnaps the main charact...