3000 Miles for the Boys [comp...

By beyond_z

Leaving behind a ruined life of tragedy, Ellie finds herself halfway across the country. In Oregon she leaves... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Author's Note
Epilogue
Important Note
Spin Off Contest
Spin Off Update

Chapter 41

5.9K 217 24
By beyond_z

Hey everybody!!! This is the last chapter!!! Omg! I can't believe it. Please enjoy and let me know what you think. I will post the epilogue at some point next week.

Chapter 41

After Danny had left, the whole family went to the movie theater to see a movie. We went to see Pixels. William and Oliver picked it. It was the one with Adam Sandler in it and all the games start to come to life. It was pretty funny. Usually I wouldn't go for a movie like that, although I do like comedies. Chase and I sat next to each other and we did hold hands during the movie. I was glad.

It had been about halfway through the movie when he made the first move. I had my hand next to my side. I wanted him to hold it. I had been hoping through the whole beginning of the movie. And then he did it. He slowly moved his hand towards mine. I had been so wrapped up in my thoughts that I hadn't even noticed he was moving towards me. The minute our hands touched I felt warmth run through my body and I instantly felt the world wash away. His hand was so much bigger than mine. It made me feel safe with him. I felt protected. All I could see was his hand on mine. The movie was gone. The Johnson family was gone. The rest of the people in the theater were gone. There was no one. It was just us.

I looked up at him and into his eyes. He was looking at me. His bright blue eyes shined in the dark room. I couldn't suppress the smile that was forming at the corners of my lips. He smiled back at me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

When we got back home after the movie, Chase walked me upstairs to my room. I leaned against the door behind me as he held my hands. "I had a good time tonight," I said.

He smiled down at me and nodded. "I did too." I looked around being shy. I wanted to ask him to stay in my room again, but I didn't know how. "What?" he asked, noticing my facial expression. My cheeks felt warm and I wouldn't look at him.

"Uh," I started. I didn't know how to ask. "Would you maybe want to," I paused, "stay in my room again tonight?" I asked.

He laughed and his head dropped as he shook his head. His light brown curls swayed around on his head. "I would love to, but we can't do that. Now that my parents know we couldn't possibly do that stuff. They would be so mad," he said while laughing.

I gave him a pouty face and placed my hands on his chest, trying to be as seductive as I could be while wearing my Winnie the Pooh sweatshirt. "Please," I whined slowly.

"I can't," he said wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him so I was right up against his chest. "I have the championship game tomorrow and I can't be up late or anything anyways," he said. His hands moved to my cheeks and he held my face in his hands. "I don't want to wake you up tomorrow either. I'm going to be gone early in the morning."

I rested my head on his chest and groaned. "Fine," I said and turned around to open my door.

"Hey," he said turning me back around. "I was actually wondering if you wanted to go to my game." I just looked at him. I didn't know. "It would mean a lot and I really want you to be there."

I took a deep breath. "I don't know," I shook my head.

"What's wrong?" he asked. "Why don't you want to come?" He closed his eyes and let go of me for a second. "Is it because you're embarrassed? Do you think I'm not going to impress you?"

My eyes got wide and I shook my head. "No, no, no. Of course not. You already impressed me at the other game I went to." He smiled at me and pulled me closer again. "It's because I still don't know if seeing Jared is a great idea and he will most likely be there, right?"

Chase nodded. "Yeah." He looked upset. I hated doing this to him. "But I really, really want you there."

I nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I know," I said. "He just makes me feel so small and weak."

Chase shook his head. "You aren't though. I mean you are small," he said gesturing to my body size, "but you aren't a small person in this world. You mean a lot to me. That's why I want you there. Don't worry about him. Just focus on the game and," he paused, "me."

I laughed at him. "I'll think about it," I said with a smile. That alone made him light up.

He leaned down and kissed my forehead again. "Thank you so much. If he tries anything I swear, I'll beat him up." He smiled at the last part.

I shook my head and opened my door. "Goodnight," I said as he walked away. He opened his door and winked at me as he walked in.

Waking up in the morning was so difficult. I was having the cutest dream about Chase and I. At the game, the team won and Chase scored the winning point. After he made the touch down and celebrated on the field with his teammates, he ran up the bleachers and kissed me.

But then I woke up and it was just a dream. I wanted it to be real though. The kiss was so perfect. His lips on my lips. The thought just made me melt. We had only kissed once and it was when he was upset. The idea of the kiss after the game seemed so incredible.

I pulled myself out of bed and the cold air of my room sent shivers through my body. I pulled my sweatpants on over my shorts and pulled my sweatshirt on over my tank top. I walked downstairs and sat on a stool at the kitchen island and ate an apple. I shivered a little bit and wrapped my arms around myself.

As I bit into the apple it made my teeth cold, which only made me shiver more. I felt hands land on my shoulders and it made me jump. I spun around in my seat quickly and saw Chase smiling at me with head phones in. "Good morning," he said loudly. I could hear his music playing, that's how loud it was.

I took them out quickly and said quietly, "You're yelling." He laughed and dropped his big bag as he sat next to me for a minute.

"Sorry. So did you think about it?" he asked shyly.

"Think about what?" I joked. He rolled his eyes at me. "I did and if you say that you'll keep him away from me, then I trust you."

"So is that a yes?" he asked with a big smile.

I nodded. "Yes, I will go to your game." He stood up and pulled me off of my stool and into his arms where he hugged me tightly.

"Thank you so much," he said and pulled away.

"No, come back," I said pulling his arms back around me. "You were keeping me warm." He laughed and hugged me tighter.

Then someone came downstairs and coughed behind me. "Well if it isn't the two love birds." It was Ethan's voice. Chase's arms fell to his sides and I turned around to look at Ethan. He had his big football bag in his hands. "You ready? We'll be late if we wait any longer."

Chase nodded. "Yeah, just give me a minute." Ethan nodded in realization and walked out to the car. Chase looked back at me. "I have to go, but I'll see you there, right?" he asked with a smile.

"Of course." I pulled him into a hug and he kissed my cheek. "Good Luck," I said as he walked out of the house.

My cheek was tingly from where his lips had been. I could still feel them. It was the most comforting feeling I had ever felt, but also the most buzzing and adrenaline rushing one too. I just wanted him back here with me.

I took the rest of my apple with me upstairs and went to my room to get ready for the day. The game was at the school fields so it wouldn't be a far drive or anything.

I decided on a pair of light blue jeans with some wrips in them and a light sweatshirt that said "killin' it" on the front. It was pretty cold out so I figured I should wear a jacket with it as well. I walked over to my closet and scanned through the far right section which had my jackets in it. I held some up to my sweatshirt and looked in the mirror to see what looked best.

The one that looked the best was the tan leathery one. I pulled it on and went to the mirror to look at the whole outfit.

It was missing something. There was just something missing that would complete the outfit.

I walked over to my night side table and opened my small jewelry box. I dug through it trying to find the perfect necklace for this occasion. The small diamond and silver football that was attached to a skinny silver chain was the perfect thing to wear to Chase's football game. The necklace was given to me when I was ten and it was right before the Super Bowl. My uncle gave it to me.

We were always pretty close, but he was constantly traveling. He was the one family member still alive that could have taken care of me, but considering his occupation he couldn't. He is a traveling nurse. He works with the army a lot, but he is on the side that isn't around battle. He is never in any danger during his job. I was assured that when I was younger.

I pulled on my black combat boots and went downstairs after I was ready. I found Lydia and Jeff waiting in the kitchen with William close to them. He rubbed his eyes and was sucking his thumb. He was dressed in little jeans and a big puffy coat. He looked really tired, even though it was almost 11. That's when the game would start.

"Good morning, Ellie," Jeff said in a cheery voice. "Are you ready for the game?"

I nodded and sat on a stool near them. "Yup," I said popping the p. "I'm excited." I really was excited. I hadn't seen Chase play in a long time and I was looking forward to seeing him kick ass again.

"Keaton, Wesley, get down here or we are leaving without you," Lydia said as she rushed Logan and Oliver out of the other room. They each had a Nintendo DS in their hands. Their eyes were glued on the screens and they didn't look up even to see where they were walking.

Keaton and Wesley then came running down the stairs, Keaton chasing Wesley. Wesley jumped down the last four steps and ran behind the kitchen island and positioned it in between him and Keaton.

"Hey, you two settle down. It's time to go," Jeff said as he grabbed Keaton's arm and then Wesley's as well and pulled them towards the door.

"Wesley pantsed me in the bathroom while I was fixing my hair," Keaton complained.

"Only because you were in there for like 15 minutes and I needed to take a waz," Wesley said justifying his actions.

"Get in the car," Jeff said pushing them both out of the house before closing and locking the door behind them. "Lydia sweety, do you have everything?" Jeff asked in an exasperated tone.

She nodded as she grabbed the big bag on the counter and picked William up into her arms. He wrapped his arms around her neck and leaned his head on her shoulder.

As I walked behind them out of the house I asked William, "Rough night?" and he nodded which made me laugh.

All of the boys today were being such a handful.

When we got to the school Keaton and Wesley were still arguing. I saw Jeff roll his eyes in the mirror as he got out of the car and helped the younger boys.

Lydia took her bag and unbuckled William from his seat. I got out and offered to carry William up to the bleachers since he wasn't going to be walking. He could barely keep his eyes open.

Lydia thanked me and walked up ahead with Jeff, Oliver, and Logan. I picked William up from the ground and carried him as I tried to catch up with everyone else.

As I climbed the bleachers with William resting on one hip, I saw that Wesley had gone over to sit with Danny. Danny was standing with a man and a woman who I assumed were his parents. Wesley was talking to Danny who then turned around to look at his parents with a worried look.

Wesley gave Danny a small smile then Danny turned around and faced his parents. As I walked up the stairs of the bleachers I could hear what he was starting to say. "Mom, Dad, this is Wesley, my boyfriend," Danny spoke slowly.

There was lots of shock plastered on his parents faces. They both looked at each other then at him. But the reaction became similar to Jeff's reaction when Danny's father stood up and brought him into his arms, then brought Wesley in as well.

I smiled and sat down next to Lydia with William. Keaton had found Ary who was sitting alone with her head phones in. He came up behind her and covered her eyes then sat down beside her. A huge smile appeared and she wrapped her arm around his as they sat and watched the guys warm up.

I looked out at the field and instantly found Chase. It looked like they had just started to warm up and they were throwing the balls back and forth to each other. Chase was throwing the ball to someone who looked like Ethan.

I blinked for a split second and then Paige was standing in front of me. "Woah," I said. "Where did you come from?"

"Uh I got dropped off," she said sassily. She sat next to me and leaned forward to look to my left. "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Johnson," she said with a smile to Jeff and Lydia.

Jeff gave her a smile and a wave then went back to watching the game. "Please, for the last time, Paige, call me Lydia." Paige smiled shyly at Lydia's sweet pleading.

She looked out across the field and was looking for Ethan. "He's right there," I said as I pointed toward him. "He's passing with Chase." She smiled and watched him intently. It was cute how much she adored him.

When the game started I kept my eyes on Chase. He threw the ball up the field to open players who ran with it to the end zone. He did that 6 times the whole game. As he did it each time he would take three steps back and then he threw it with his right hand.

During half time he jogged off the field and took his helmet off. Even from far way it was sexy. He looked up once he got a sip of water and his gaze was locked on me. Mine was locked on him. He smiled at me and I smiled back. Widely.

I saw the coach snap his fingers at Chase and then his attention was back on the game. As I surveyed the team I also saw another very familiar face staring at me. Jared. His eyes were locked on me and they sent a chill down my spine. It was uncomfortable being under his gaze.

I saw Chase look up at me and he noticed where my attention was. On Jared. I looked back at Chase one last time before he went out onto the field again and he looked upset.

They huddled up on the field and then they all yelled something that I couldn't understand. Chase and the other guys formed a line and the ball was passed through a players legs and into his hands. When Chase threw the ball, it was about to land safely in another players hands, but right before it could, the pass was intercepted by another player on the other team.

Chase's head hung low and he chased after the guys on the other team. After the other team had scored 8 more points, the score was tied up. There was another interception and we had gotten the ball back.

Chase was lined up in the back and there were other guys around him. The ball was passed to him and he looked around. From up on the bleachers you could see the numbers of guys closing in on him. The guys on Chase's team tried to protect him and the ball, but one player made it through.

Chase was about to throw the ball up the field to Ethan who was standing near the end zone. He would surely score a touch down. As the ball left Chase's hands it did a perfect spiral and landed perfectly into Ethan's hands as he ran into the end zone.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the slightest movement and I had wished I hadn't seen it. My attention was directed to Chase who was laying on the ground underneath a big guy from the other team after just being tackled to the ground.

A gasp escaped my mouth and my hands went up to cover it. Paige's head shot in the direction I was looking and she did the same thing as me.

The guy that was on top of Chase got up and said something to him before walking away. Chase remained on the ground. I saw his left arm move and he tried to push himself up off the ground, but fell back down and groaned in pain.

The referee blew his whistle and jogged over to Chase, calling the trainer and coach onto the field. The trainer helped him sit up slowly and touched his shoulder. Chase winced and flinched at the slightest touch.

The coach and the trainer slowly helped Chase to his feet, trying to avoid the hurt shoulder, and walked him off the field and into the trainers office.

I let out a breath that I had been holding in and sighed. At least he was kind of okay, I said to myself.

Lydia placed her hand on my shoulder and my head snapped over to her. "You can go see him," she said with a sad tone. "Let us know what they say," she said as I stood up and started to walk down the bleachers. I nodded back to her and raced to the trainers office.

As I turned down the hall I heard quiet cries of pain. I slowed down as I got to the door and waited outside. Chase's shirt had been removed and his right shoulder was being wrapped. "We aren't allowed to give you pain medicine here, but when you get home it wouldn't be a bad idea to take Advil or something."

Chase slowly nodded and they helped him sit up. When he did his eyes flashed towards me and he hung his head low. He was ashamed. Embarrassed. The two trainers picked up some papers and left the room. As they walked down the hallway, I slipped in the room with Chase.

"Hey," I said cupping his cheeks in my hands. He didn't look up at me. "You did really well," I said. He still didn't say anything. "Chase."

He looked up at me and looked really sad. "I wanted to impress you," he said.

"And remember what I said this morning? You already impressed me the first time I saw you play." I leaned my forehead against his and our noses touched. "Chase, there is nothing you could have done today that would make me less impressed."

He gave me a forced smile and nodded slowly. "Thank you for coming," he said quietly and in a rough voice.

"So what did they say happened?" I asked gesturing to his shoulder.

His head dropped as he said, "I dislocated my shoulder when I hit the ground and landed on it. When I got back in here they popped in back into place." The last part he said with a chuckle, but it slowly faded as he kept going. "I probably won't be able to do a lot now."

I rested my hand on his shoulder. "You played really well," I said and leaned in to kiss his cheek.

He smiled and nodded. I backed up and let my hands drop at my sides. "I'm going to go get some water," he said picking up a water bottle next to him with his left hand.

"No you stay, let me," I said as I took the bottle from his hands and left the room.

The closest water fountain was on the outside of the school by the field. I walked out of the doors and walked towards the fountain. As I filled up the water bottle the final whistle blew, signaling that the game was over. I turned around and faced the team.

The players on the bench ran out on the field and picked up Ethan. They carried him on their shoulders and brought him back to the bench. The throw that Chase made right before he was tackled was the winning throw. Ethan caught it and ran to the end zone where he scored the winning points.

I placed the lid on the bottle and screwed it on. I walked back towards the doors and opened them. As I made my way back to the trainers room I felt an odd feeling. Before I could think too much about it there was a chill down my spine once more and then I was slammed against the wall and dropped the water bottle in my hands.

My eyes opened slowly as a sharp pain shot down my back. My vision was fuzzy and it was difficult to see, but I could make out a big figure in front of me. It was a male. He had broad shoulders and dark brown hair.

He said slowly, "Sssttaaayyyy quiieeett."

I blinked quickly trying to get my vision cleared. When it became focused I could see who it was. The one person who always sent a chill down my spine whenever I saw him.

"Jared?" I asked slowly.

"So you're with Chase now? You moved on so quickly," he said in a creepy low voice. I tried to move out of his grasp, but his hands were wrapped around my wrists.

The first thing I thought to do was scream for help. "Chase," I tried to yell, but the minute a sound escaped my mouth, Jared's hand was covering it.

"Shut up," he yelled at me. This was my chance. When he went to cover my mouth, his left hand left my right wrist. I slammed my fist into his stomach, but because I had never tried to punch anyone before it was kind of soft. My hand hit his hard abs as he flexed just before I hit him. Shit, why do I attract the attractive guys who have toned bodies? It's a curse.

He looked up at me as I drew my hand back. He looked surprised and shocked that I would actually try to punch him. His grip tightened on my wrist. I could feel the pain that shot all the way up my arm as his hand enclosed on me.

As much as it hurt I knew I needed to get away from him. When he didn't expect it I drew my hand back and created a fist, then I slammed it up in between his arms and hit him right in the jaw. It hurt my hand, probably more than it hurt him, but it was enough to make him loosen his grip on my arm and mouth.

I ran down the hall a bit and yelled for Chase, but Jared's arms wrapped around me from behind. I wiggled and kicked in the air as he picked me up and pulled me down the hall. "Chase! Help!" I yelled.

Within seconds Chase came out from around the corner, now wearing a shirt and started running towards us. At the sight of Chase coming down the hall, Jared's arms loosened around me and I pushed myself off to the side. Chase was running with only one arm moving. He stuck his left arm out and pushed Jared back.

Jared stumbled a few feet, but then came back at Chase and shoved him against the wall. Chase closed his eyes and scrunched his nose from the pain of his shoulder hitting the hard concrete wall. "You're after another left over of mine, aren't you?" Jared said referring to me.

That made me mad, but it made Chase even madder because the other "left over" of Jared's was Brandy. Chase bared his teeth and his eyes just showed rage. He pushed Jared back with both arms this time not even wincing for a minute. Jared fell to the ground and Chase grabbed him by the collar with both hands. He lifted him up and pushed him against the wall.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Chase said annoyed.

"You were trying to get Brandy after I already had her and now your trying to get Ellie. You just can't get away from the girls who loved me," Jared spat.

Chase pushed him harder and I knew that he wasn't going to walk away without hurting Jared. I ran towards him and put my hands on his left arm. "Chase, please," I pleaded as I tried to pull his arm down a little bit. It was no use. As I said before I attract insanely toned guys.

Chase looked into my eyes. He saw that I really wanted him to stop. He looked down at my wrist where Jared had grabbed me too hard. He dropped Jared and he fell to the ground. Chase took a step towards me and held my wrist in his hand. He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

He put his hand on my back and guided me back to the trainers office. As we walked down the hallway it wasn't over yet. "I know you were sneaking around with Brandy. I know she was cheating on me," Jared yelled at Chase. Chase stopped where he was and didn't move. He looked straight ahead.

What was going on? I looked at Chase surprised. "I thought you said you and Brandy never went out." I was shocked. It actually hurt. He lied.

Chase held my hands in his. "No, Ellie please listen. I never snuck around with Brandy." He turned toward Jared. "What makes you think she was cheating on you with me?" He did seem confused himself.

"She couldn't stop talking about you. It was always, Chase this and Chase that. I was sick of it. She never stopped talking about you and she always left me to see you. Don't deny it. I already know. I've known the whole time," Jared yelled. He pulled himself up from the ground.

This was the first time that I was getting a close look at Jared. He looked hung over. He had bags under his eyes and he looked tired. He stumbled toward us and Chase stuck his arm out in front of me to keep me away from Jared.

I backed up and let the two guys go at it. "I was never sneaking around with her. We were just friends. Best friends. We spent a lot of time together because we grew up together. She was like my sister." That's when I knew he was telling the truth. You don't just friend zone someone that hard if you actually have feelings for them. Chase stepped toward Jared. "I'm sorry you thought that," Chase said sincerely. "But there was never anything between Brandy and I. We were always just friends and nothing more."

Jared's head dropped. He leaned against the wall behind him and sunk down like you see people do in the movies right after they hear bad news. He held is head in his hands. "What have I done?" I heard him whisper.

I couldn't watch him like this. He looked up for a split second and tears were running down his face. He was genuinely upset. He had put Brandy through that pain for no reason. He was realizing that now. I stepped forward to help him up. He needed a hug. I know that's what I needed when I was upset. When my parents died. When I had to move. I walked toward him and felt Chase's hand close around my wrist.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"What are you doing?" he asked me back. "He hurt Brandy for no reason," Chase said.

"That doesn't mean he should hurt like this." I shook my hand out of his grasp and walked toward Jared. I bent down next to him and rested my hand on his back. He lifted his head and I slid my hand into his and helped him up. I pulled him into a hug and he hugged me back. Even when we were "together" I hadn't hugged him like this. Only once. When he was telling me about his family and his life. That was when I really saw the real side of him. That was when I realized that there was a real person inside of him. I pulled away and his legs seemed wobbly. He leaned against the wall behind him. He was still crying.

I felt a hand on my shoulder gently and I turned around. Chase had come forward to help Jared as well. I gave him a thank you, look and he nodded. He lifted Jared's arm our his shoulders and helped him walk to the locker room.

As I waited outside, Ethan and Paige came running down the hall together hand in hand. They hadn't seen me yet. Ethan gently wrapped his arm around Paige's waist and pushed her against the wall. He leaned in closer to her with a big smile on his face which matched hers. When their lips met, I could feel the love in the air.

After a moment they pulled apart and were both smiling still. It was like my dream. Too bad it wasn't happening to me like I had hoped. At least Paige got the happy ending. Just as they pulled apart almost completely, their hands were still attached, they both looked over to me. They came down the hall and stood in front of me.

"How's Chase?" Ethan asked.

Just as he did, Chase walked back out of the locker room with his big bag in his left hand. This time he was on his own. "Hey," he said to them.

"How are you?" Paige asked this time.

Chase laughed. "I'm alright. It hurts more now that I had to save you," he said nudging me with his arm. I rolled my eyes at him and we both laughed. Ethan and Paige were extremely confused though. "I dislocated my shoulder and they brought me back in here to pop it back in, but I'll be alright," Chase said.

They both nodded happily and Ethan picked Paige up bridal style. "Glad you're alright," he said as he continued down the hall while Paige was giggling in his arms.

We both laughed at how cute they were, then Chase pulled me into his arms when they were gone. "Thank you for helping him," I said.

He looked down at me and smiled. "You were right. We shouldn't make him feel worse than he already does. I've never seen him cry before," Chase admitted.

I leaned my head against his chest and just stayed silent. I was glad I met Chase. I was glad I moved here. Of course I wished I had my parents with me still, but since they couldn't be here with me, I was glad the Johnson's were. They were my new family. They could never replace my parents, but they came as close as they could.

Chase picked up his bag again and guided me toward the exit and to the car. As we left the entrance of the school, the rest of the family was walking toward the cars. Wesley and Danny were holding hands as they walked through the parking lot, following Danny's parents to his car. Keaton was holding Ary's hand as they walked in front of Lydia and Jeff. William was more awake now and was chasing Logan and Oliver through the parking lot. Lydia was yelling at them to watch out for cars backing up and Jeff had his arm around her.

Ethan and Paige were already in his car waiting for Chase and I in the front seats. "Hurry up," Ethan yelled across the parking lot.

Lydia looked back to see who he was talking to and when she saw Chase her face lit up. She ran over to him and hugged him. He winced in pain. "Mom, it still hurts," he said.

"What happened?" Jeff said.

"I dislocated my shoulder when I hit the ground," he explained. "They popped it back into place and wrapped it up." Lydia made a pained expression like she could feel it happening.

"I'm glad you're okay," she said. "Ellie, are you riding with us?" she asked me.

I looked at Chase and Ethan and Paige. "I'll go with them," I said.

Chase guided me to the car. He threw his bag in the car and I took a seat next to him in the back. He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. I was about to buckle up, but he said not to worry about it. "I want to be close to you," he said. I laughed at him and rested my head on his shoulder as we drove down the road.

He lifted my chin and looked at me. He looked happy. I had only seen him this happy a few times. Even though he got hurt, he was happy that the team had won. He was happy I was there today. He was happy we were finally together.

He raised my chin closer to him as he leaned towards me. We were inches apart and I couldn't control it anymore. I quickly closed the gap between our lips. I needed to feel his lips against mine again. When they touched it was incredible. It was like the first time all over again. Fireworks erupted as his soft lips pushed hungrily on mine. Everything around us melted away. It was only me and him.

"Okay you two," Paige said from the front seat. "You can stop making out now."

We laughed at her as we pulled away smiling. He kissed my nose and then I faced the road. We drove off on the empty road in front of us. It was the four of us.

I took a minute as I enjoyed the windows down and the cool air blowing against my face. If that tragedy had never happened to me, I never would have met these people. These wonderful people who stood by me through everything these last few months. It was an incredible thing that came from all of this. Even though my parents weren't here I know they would be proud that I was surviving after traveling 3,000 miles for the boys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 348 49
Olivia got dumped by her ex. She's totally over boys. Until the new guy Jackson showed up at the school. She likes him and secretly her bff Lizzie st...
450K 17.8K 48
Tessa Romano has no idea what she's getting into. Her agenda for her senior year is to stay low and unnoticed until graduation. If she could do it th...
829K 27.8K 45
You'd think that finding out that your all-state football champion boyfriend has been cheating on you with your best friend, that you got rejected fr...
111 22 11
Ever been chased by a snake? Have you ever faked your death to a ravenous bear? Join a teenage girl who never really liked leaving her house, risk h...