My Best Friends Promise

Von myfallingstars

An Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath friendship fanfic. Mehr

Chapter One| The New Girl
Chapter Two| A Friendship is Born
Chapter Three| It's My Fight
Chapter Four| You're Not Fine
Chapter Six| Come Home
Chapter Seven| It's Been So Long
Chapter Eight| Into The Future
Chapter Nine| Not A Goodbye
Chapter Ten| Missing You
Chapter Eleven| Broken Promises
Chapter Twelve | I Won't Let Go
Chapter Thirteen | Reuniting
Chapter Fourteen | When Can I See Her
Chapter Fifteen | Recovering
Chapter Sixteen | New Promises
Chapter Seventeen | Together Again
Chapter Eighteen | You Can't Go
Chapter Nineteen | Jersey Girls
Chapter Twenty | Not Without You
Chapter Twenty One | USWNT
Chapter Twenty Two | First Game
Chapter Twenty Three | Alex Morgan
Chapter Twenty Four | Love Never Dies
Chapter Twenty Five | Sickness and In Health
Chapter Twenty Six | PART II Sickness and In Health
Chapter Twenty Seven | Stay With Me
Chapter Twenty Eight | Sacrifice
Chapter Twenty Nine | Don't Ever Forget Me
Chapter Thirty | Remembering You
Epilogue
IMPORTANT

Chapter Five | You're Safe Now

2.4K 67 18
Von myfallingstars

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MIGHT BE DISTRUBING FOR READERS

Six months later

ALEX'S POV

I've been very fortunate enough to have three great friends here in New Jersey. I expected so much more here, like back in California, I had the one hundred friends everyone wish they had. But I settled here in New Jersey with just three, and only three and I'm not complaining. It's easier, and we always have a good time. As close as I am with the older midfielder, Tobin. I've gotten closer with the girl they call Arod, and Lauren Cheney and I'm grateful. They're all such great and fun people to be around, and I always look forward to seeing them, knowing we'll always have a good time.

Tobin is still currently dealing with the threats Melissa Henderson throws at her, and they seem to never stop. In fact, they seem to be getting more harsh and frightening. To this day, I have know idea what Tobin feels inside and quite frankly, I'm really worried about her. Last week at school, she didn't even say a word to me, only a hey or a bye. I try talking to her but she always says a quick "I have to go." And she just walks away, not even looking back. Lauren and I are pretty close, and we both seem to notice her change in mood and Lauren being the second oldest out of the four of us. She's pretty scared, I mean aren't we all.

Even during our high school soccer games and practices, the four of us always talk in our small little group while doing drills. But lately Tobin has been isolating herself from us. On one of our games last week, she was completely out of it. Her passes were so sloppy,  and she's been turning over the ball. She's skipped a few practices and it's really hard to ignore. Especially with Melissa on the team it's hard for Tobin, and I don't blame her.

During lunch at school, the midfielder barely touches her food, it's like someone or something just drained the life out of her, and talking to her wont do anything because she won't even talk. I've talked to her mom and dad, but they just said "it's that time of year again." But I really don't believe that. Today being the beginning of a new week. Monday's are the days Tobin hates the most. She's always tired and quite a mess when she comes to school, but I don't blame her it's Monday. But she's been acting like that every single day of the week and I have no idea why.

Tobin's sudden change in mood has been going on for almost three weeks, and we can't help her, because she won't even talk to us, she won't even look at us. So, there's clearly something wrong with her. Lauren, Amy and I can't figure out what's wrong. Although i have noticed the threats on Twitter that go directly to Tobin, and she probably got shut down while reading them. Good thinking Alex. 

I drive to school, like I do every morning, and of course I pick up Amy on my way to school. And lately, I have to pick up Lauren too and it's quiet strange because it's always Tobin who drives Lauren to school.

"Hey Cheney." I say as she hops into the back seat. I look at the curly haired girl through the mirror and she seems drained, but she forces a smile. "Guys, we really need to figure out what hell is wrong with Tobin. I'm serious this time, I'm getting tired of seeing everyone so drained. We need to get to the bottom of this." I say as I look at Amy who sits in the passenger seat next to me, then I look at Lauren through the mirror.

"How? She won't even talk to us." Amy says back as she takes out her phone and begins to scroll through her Twitter.

"We'll force her to talk today at lunch, it kills me seeing her like this. Amy, look at Melissa's profile and look at all the comments on Tobin." I say as we pull into the school parking lot. Strange, because Tobin is usually the first one here, but her car is no where in sight. "Where is she?" I ask as we all step out of the car.

"Okay, if we don't figure out what's wrong with her, who knows what will happen." Lauren says as she begins to tear up. "I hate seeing her like this, and I hate just standing here absolutely clueless." The older midfielder says, as tears begin to fall. I pull her into a hug.

"We'll figure this out, Lauren. I promise she'll be okay she probably just needs some space." I say, my voice just above a whisper. I look at Lauren and she just nods her head up and down.

"Needs some space? Alex, you know better then that. How long could she possibly need space? It's been like three weeks already!" Amy says as she throws her hands up in the air. That earns a punch in the shoulder from Lauren. "If we're going to figure this out, we better do it now and fast." Amy says as she storms off, leaving Lauren and I standing in the parking lot.

"This is getting way out of hand." I say to Lauren as we begin to trail behind Amy as we walk into the school. "We're all under complete stress, and I just feel so helpless at this point. I'm suppose to be there for Tobin and look where I am now." I say as I shake my head.

"Don't worry about it now, we still have this whole day of school and we are already stressing about things. It's Monday morning, let's take it easy and we'll talk after school. Deal?" Lauren says as she reaches her locker, which is on the opposite side of where my locker is.

"Deal." I say as I give Lauren a slight smile. "I guess I'll see you in lunch." I say as I begin to walk away. I try listening to what Lauren told me, but it's hard not to think about Tobin and where she could possibly be. Maybe she wasn't feeling good today so she stayed home. I think to myself, yes that's probably why, and these thoughts start to calm myself down.

As I'm walking down the halls, I hear Melissa call my name. "Hey Morgan, where's your friend Tobin!" She says as she starts to laugh, not having the care in the world. She's probably praising the Lord right now because Tobin isn't at school. I just ignore Melissa as I continue walking. "I didn't say walk away dumb ass." Melissa says, and I can feel her following me. "Tobin is more shitty then you." Melissa says, and everyone around her starts to laugh, then I finally had enough. I turn around to face Melissa, my face feeling red and hot.

"You better listen to me Melissa. You better stop threatening her because she hasn't done a thing to you, or any of you! In fact, you're the shitty person in this school who deserves the absolute worse! I hope that you're having a great life! Because God damn it Melissa! You're destroying her! Can't you see what kind of pain you put her through? Can't you see what she has to fucking go through every single day of her fucking life! Do you know why she isn't here! Because you have to keep acting like a fucking bitch, and keep tearing her down. She's done! Don't you fucking get it? She's done, she can't hold on any longer because of you! Now you tell me whose the shitty person!" I scream at Melissa, more and more rage builds through my body. I look at Melissa, and she stands there absolutely quiet, not even saying a word. I feel like the whole hallway is quiet, no one dares to say a word. "Well aren't you going to say something because you have such a big mouth that is filled with shit!" I finally say, I hear a few whispers in the crowd that has formed. I scan the crowns and I see Lauren and Amy tears filling their eyes. But they both nod at me in approval.

I impatiently wait for an answer from Melissa, but she doesn't say anything not even a single word. Her eyes search the floor, and she doesn't dare look up at me. "So now you decide to shut up, when you could have done that six months ago." I say through gritted teeth, I was also trying to fight back the tears. "We're done here." I say coldly as I part through the crowd and head to my class.

Finally during lunch, as I pass by all the tables, everyone is talking about the way I finally stood up to Melissa. I guess everyone else was to afraid to do it. I join Lauren and Amy at the back table like I always do, but only this time it's different. Tobin isn't here, and I kind of wasn't looking forward to lunch because one, she wasn't here. And two, we are going to have to discuss this whole situation.

"That's quite the show you put on there." Lauren says as she takes a bite of the salad she brought for lunch. "After three years in this high school, know one has ever stood up to Melissa like that. Ever." Lauren says to me.

"Someone had to, I guess I was the one." I say back, as I pick at my food. "I can't get any of this out of my head. What is wrong with Tobin?" I finally say.

"Whatever you said to Melissa is probably the most reasonable reason. I mean, that one day Tobin couldn't take any more of the comments she got on Twitter so she deleted her account." Amy says, and we all just sit in silence after her comment. "And she told me, she didn't want to deal with it anymore. So maybe Melissa is the source to her depressing phase."

"Amy, what if you're right. What could Tobin be doing at home right now?" I ask, that question leaves us all anxious and even more worried than before.

"I can call her mom, her mom doesn't work on Mondays." Lauren suggests as she pulls out her phone and begins to scroll through her contacts and calls her mom. Amy and I just watch and listen as Lauren talks to her mom, and we are basically on our feet when she hangs up. "What did she say?" Amy and I both ask in unison.

"She told me that Tobin is sitting on the couch watching TV." Lauren says, and I release my breath that I didn't realize I was holding. I'm somewhat relieved that Tobin is okay, and I'm so thankful that her mom was home, especially today.

"Thank God." I say as we take our seats once again. We decided to change the subject, into something we are all comfortable talking about. We talked about soccer, and anything really. But, I knew that in the back of our minds, we were all thinking about Tobin.

After school, like always I waited for Amy and Lauren so I can drive them both home. The drive was unusually quiet, but none of us new what to say. I dropped Amy off first, because she lives the farthest out of all of us. Then I drop off Lauren at her house, and when I pull into her driveway, she doesn't make an effort to get out. "What are you doing?" I ask, my voice low and cautious.

"I just can't stop thinking about what could possibly make Tobin so upset, that she didn't even come to school. I hate seeing her like this. You think she's scared or something?" Lauren says as she looks me in the eyes with a sad expression.

"Maybe, but I don't know. I promise we'll figure this out soon  and get some answers." I say, as I give the older girl a reassuring smile.

"Thanks for the ride Alex." Lauren says as she smiles back at me and exits my car. I sat in my car for what seemed like hours until I finally drove out of her driveway, tonight I'm going to try and call Tobin.

----------

That night, while everyone else in my house were asleep I took my phone out and I scrolled through my contacts to find Tobin's number. I took a deep breath before pressing the call button. She can either ignore the call or answer it, and I'm just hoping she'll answer it. I press the call button on my iPhone and it starts to ring. First ring; no answer. Second ring; no answer. Third ring; still no answer.

I let out a sigh, knowing that the midfielder won't answer, or return the call. Just as I'm about to press the red, end button I hear something on the other end of the line.

T: Alex?

I hear Tobin croak out on the other line, I breathe a sigh of relief as I put the phone close to my ear.

A: Tobin, thank god you're okay.

I say, then it's just silent, neither of us says a word. Really, this is the first time in three weeks since I last talked to Tobin, and I don't want to mess it up.

T: What do you want?

Tobin finally breaks the silence and the way she says it sounds like she's been crying for hours.

A: I... I just wanted to talk to you.

I stutter with my words, she's changed and for some reason, I think it's my fault.

T: I'm going now Alex.

Tobin says, and now I'm terrified. What is she trying to say? I feel my hands begin to tremble and my head begin to pound.

A: What do you mean?

I ask, trying to clam myself down before I start to have a panic attack.

T: I love you Lex. I'm sorry. Tell Lauren and Amy thank you for everything.

With Tobin's final words, she hangs up. Leaving me in tears, leaving me so confused. Shit I mumble to myself. I quickly throw on a sweatshirt, and some shoes and I run out of my house. I run as fast as I can to Tobin's house which is about three blocks away. I'll run a thousand miles just to save her. I've never ran this fast in my life. I finally reach Tobin's house and I see her bedroom light open. I think fast, I  go up the tree she told me you could climb. I go on top of the roof and onto the platform she always sits on. I pop her window open, like the way she once showed me.

I step into her room, and I stand there absolutely shocked. "Tobin..." I say on the verge of tears.

There, I find Tobin standing on a chair with a rope around her neck. I found her just in time I think to myself. She looks at me, tears filling her eyes and I watch as she tries to blink them away. It's like she's about to say something, but nothing comes out. "Don't do it." I say just above a whisper. "God Tobin please don't." I say as tears begin to escape my eyes.

Tobin just looks at me, with a blank expression on her face. "I'm sorry Alex." The older girl says.

"Tobin, you don't have to do this. We can fix this, but not like this," I say, but the older girl just shakes her head at me, and she touches the rope that is on her neck.

"It's the only way to solve any of these problems." Tobin says. I look around her room, and it's a complete mess. Pillows scatter her floor, her small bookshelf now lays on the ground. Her entire room is destroyed, just like her. I must be careful what I say. She can kill herself right in front of my eyes, and God I don't want that to happen. I take a step closer to her. "Alex, back away." Tobin warns me, so I stop moving.

"So this is it? Once you get off that chair then what? It's over? God damn it Tobin,you only get one life. That's all you get and you're going to waste it? What about your dreams Tobin? You still have dreams to follow, and you're choosing to end your life. You know what? I'm sorry that you had to get the sucky life, and I'm sorry that things aren't perfect. I wish everyday I could trade places with you, just so you can be happy for at least one day. So that way you know what it feels like to be happy and have a reason to smile. But that's how life is Tobin, you still have people who care about you and love you. And I'm one of those people and God Tobin I can't live my life the same without you, I can't, I simply can't. I need you here Tobin, I need you here, in this world, on this planet. Not somewhere else, don't do this to me Tobin, because I don't know if I'll ever be able to move on. I promise I'll help you through this." I say as tears stream down my face like a waterfall. I look at Tobin in her chocolate brown eyes, and tears fall down her face. "I don't know what you're going to do this very second. You can either take my hand and take that rope off, or you can go." I say as I extend my hand out for her, praying to god she'll take it.

I look down at the floor, not wanting to see her, especially with the rope around her neck. "I want you to know, that you're the best thing that has ever happened to me, you always will be." Then I close my eyes, leaving only my tears to fall, and my hand out, waiting for her hand to grab it.

It's silent for a couple minuets, until I feel her hand in mine. I look up at her, the rope already off her neck, and her feet on the floor, no longer on the chair she was standing on. "Tobin." I whisper and I pull her into the biggest hug I've ever given her. I squeeze her so tight, not wanting to let her go. Ever. I stroke her hair, knowing that it calms her down. I kiss the small midfielder on the top of her forehead, still embracing her. I feel Tobin squeeze me tighter, and I can hear her sobbing. She tries to tell me something, but her crying just keeps on going. I never felt this terrible in my entire life, yet I never felt so grateful. I try to pull back from the embrace but Tobin just refuses to let go, she continue to cry on my shoulder. "I love you Tobin." I whisper, once her crying starts to subside. "I told you I'll be here if you ever needed a shoulder to lean on."

"I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." Tobin keeps on repeating those very words, finally I force her to pull back so I can look at her. Her eyes are now red and puffy, her hair all messed up. "You're such a mess." I say, as Tobin lets out a small laugh and sob.

"You were so close to do doing it, Tobin." I say as I move her hair away from her face. She looks up at me with her red puffy eyes and just nods. "I know." She says back as she looks away.

"Why didn't you when you could've?" I ask the midfielder.

"Because I would have caused you so much pain, and I would have no idea how I can live a world away from you." Tobin says.

"You scared me to death Tobin. You scared the hell out of me." I say, as I look away from her too. "What made you do it?"

"Melissa." Tobin says. "That day I deleted my Twitter, Melissa told me to go in a closet and just die and never come out. Ever since I met her Freshmen year, she's always called me a worthless bitch and I didn't know why. But now, I finally realized maybe I am a worthless bitch, that I don't deserved a place in this world. That maybe the world would be better off without me. But now that I'm thinking about it, Alex I was so wrong, you need me and I need you." Tobin says to me as she starts to cry once again. "You deserve so much better than me Lex. Look at what I caused I - "

"Stop. I already have the best, I don't deserve anything better then what I already have. I have a best friend who I care about a lot. And I couldn't imagine my life without her, and she's the strongest girl I have ever met. She can make me smile and laugh, and she's the best soccer player out there and I know she can fulfill her dreams of becoming one of the best soccer players in the U.S. She has such a huge smile that can make my day and everyone's day so much better, even if I'm having a bad day. I never get tired of hanging out with her, because I always know that it's going to be a good time. Her name is Tobin Heath and she's my best friend and that is the beginning and end to everything." I say and I feel tears begin to form in my eyes, and I look over at Tobin and tears also fill her eyes. "That's the truth Tobin so you better believe it." I say with a small laugh, that brings out a slight smile from Tobin.

Tobin begins to cry once again, but it's more of a gentle kind of crying. "Aw come here." I say as I give my best friend another big hug. "Love you Toby." I say.

"I love you too Lex." Tobin says in my ear. "You are the best friend I've always been waiting for."

********************

AUTHORS NOTE
I hope you liked this chapter just as much as I did! This was just Alex's POV, the next chapter will only be Tobin's POV.

Again, thanks for reading and I hope you liked it. The next chapter will be out soon!

Don't forget to vote and comments are greatly appreciated (:

Thanks for reading, TALEX fans!!! xoxo

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

59.5K 2.1K 65
A Julie Johnston and Morgan Brain fanfic
37.9K 708 21
A typical talex fan fiction? -- this story hasn't been completely edited so your reading at your own risk --
77.9K 1.2K 49
Your a high school soccer star. You have a bright future ahead of you when the USWNT comes and watch your game. They think your amazing and talented...
381K 9.1K 68
It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not. It has been one year since Alex Morgan...