My Best Friends Promise

By myfallingstars

An Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath friendship fanfic. More

Chapter One| The New Girl
Chapter Two| A Friendship is Born
Chapter Three| It's My Fight
Chapter Five | You're Safe Now
Chapter Six| Come Home
Chapter Seven| It's Been So Long
Chapter Eight| Into The Future
Chapter Nine| Not A Goodbye
Chapter Ten| Missing You
Chapter Eleven| Broken Promises
Chapter Twelve | I Won't Let Go
Chapter Thirteen | Reuniting
Chapter Fourteen | When Can I See Her
Chapter Fifteen | Recovering
Chapter Sixteen | New Promises
Chapter Seventeen | Together Again
Chapter Eighteen | You Can't Go
Chapter Nineteen | Jersey Girls
Chapter Twenty | Not Without You
Chapter Twenty One | USWNT
Chapter Twenty Two | First Game
Chapter Twenty Three | Alex Morgan
Chapter Twenty Four | Love Never Dies
Chapter Twenty Five | Sickness and In Health
Chapter Twenty Six | PART II Sickness and In Health
Chapter Twenty Seven | Stay With Me
Chapter Twenty Eight | Sacrifice
Chapter Twenty Nine | Don't Ever Forget Me
Chapter Thirty | Remembering You
Epilogue
IMPORTANT

Chapter Four| You're Not Fine

2.4K 58 3
By myfallingstars

TOBIN'S POV

I wake up, Monday morning to get ready for school. I do what I always do every morning. Take a shower, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, fix my hair and sit on my couch and watch ESPN or whatever sports highlights they have. I hear my brother Jeffery join me on the couch, because this is what we always do, it's something I'm able to share with him. Just watching sports on TV.

At 7:30 I say my goodbyes to everyone in my house and I run out to the garage and I drive over to Lauren's house so I could give her a ride. As I pull up into her driveway, I already see her, sitting on her porch steps. "Took you long enough." Lauren says as she opens the car door and sits in the passenger seat next to me. "At least I came, so shut up." I chuckle at myself.

We drive to school listening to alternative music, like we do every school morning. "So how's your weekend Tobs?" Lauren asks me.

"It was pretty good, what about you Cheney?" I ask, as I still have my eyes glued to the road.

"Yeah, mine was good too. Amy and I went to Lake Marcia, spent the whole day there." Lauren says. "How about you? Anything eventful, probably not because you hate doings things on the weekend." Lauren says with a laugh, as we stop at a red light.

I look at Lauren, typing to give her my most serious face, but let's say it didn't work out to well because we both ended up laughing. "I hung out with Alex the whole weekend." I say with a smile, as the street light turns green.

"Really? Wow, how'd it go?" Lauren asks me.

"I'm not going to lie, it was pretty good actually. She plays soccer too." I say back, and I can almost see Lauren start to smile.

"Really? What position does she play?" Lauren asks me.

"She's a forward, and you know what's even better!" I say, getting Lauren a little excited as we park in the school parking lot.

"What!" Lauren asks anxious for what I have to say.

"She also wants to join the National Team after college!" I exclaim.

"Tobs, you need to bring me to her." Lauren says with a smile as we meet Amy at the flagpole.

"Hey Cheney, Tobs." Amy says with a smile as we all walk to our lockers together. Lauren starts filling Amy in about what I said about Alex, and they both seem to be happy that one, I made a new close friend, and two we all might have a chance at joining the National Team together.

"Well, I'll see you guys at lunch." Amy says as she walks a different direction, and Lauren and I walk to our history class together. Then I bump into a girl, she turns around and I realize it's Alex. "Tobin!" Alex exclaims as she pulls me into a hug. I glance over at Lauren and she just smiles over at me. "I was looking for you." Alex says as she beams at me. "Hi Lauren!" Alex says with a smile.

"Where are you guys going?" Alex asks us.

"Biology." Lauren answers back and I just nod my head.

"I'll see you guys at lunch." Alex says as she smiles and walks the other direction.

"She treats you so nicely." Lauren says as we take our seats in the back of the classroom.

"Yeah, I know. It's a little weird to be honest." I tell Lauren and she just laughs.

"You better get used to it Tobs, because we all love you." Lauren says and I just smile at her.

The morning went by slowly, like every other Monday morning. All I wanted was lunch to happen then go home. Actually, I just want to go home but lunch is the best part of school, because I finally get to just sit down with the people who mean the most to me; my best friends. I walk to the cafeteria alone, and I hear Melissa and her friends walking behind me, but I just ignore them. Even though it's pretty obvious who they're talking about, me. Then I hear the familiar raspy voice behind me, but Alex wasn't talking to me, she was talking to Melissa.

"We all have ears, so don't think she doesn't know you're talking about her." Alex says as she stops in front of Melissa, Lauren right behind her.

"Well, well, well. What is this? A new line of defense to protect queen Tobin?" Melissa says and she laughs along with her friends.

"We're not afraid of you." I hear Lauren say, but I bet she is I think to myself.

"You better watch yourselves." Alex says as she turns her back toward them and walks over to my direction and gives me a small smile. "Thanks?" I say, and Lauren and Amy just give me an uneasy smile.

Amy, Lauren, Alex, and I sit together in lunch. We all get to talk about ourselves so Alex can get to know us better, and she does the same. The fact that the four of us all have the same dreams, makes us all so excited for after college.

After school today, I drove Lauren back to her house. "Hey Tobs, Amy and I are heading to the field, want to come?" Lauren asks me as she opens the car door.

"Sure, what time?" I ask.

"After dinner, so at six?" Lauren says.

"Sounds good, I'll see you then." I say, then Lauren gets out of my car and walks back to her house. Then I pull out of her driveway and I drive back to my house. I was surprised to see Alex sitting on my porch steps. I park my car and walk over to her, just a little bit confused. "Alex, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm being bored." Alex says, as she stands up.

"Well, come on in." I say as I open the front door and we both step inside.

"Your house is very cozy." Alex says as I watch as she breathes in the scent of my house, I just smile and I head to the kitchen, Alex following me.

"Do you want something to eat, or drink?" I ask, trying to be a good host.

"I'm good, thanks." Alex says back with a smile.

I grab myself a glass of water and I sit on the kitchen table, across from Alex. "Really what are you doing here?" I ask curiously.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you." Alex says as she pulls out her phone.

"About what?" I ask.

"This." Alex says as she shows me the Twitter comments that were towards me. I reread each deadly word, instantly looking away when I was done.

"I don't want to talk about it." I say, as I look away from Alex.

"What? Are you just going to ignore it like nothing ever happened?" Alex asks me.

"Yes, actually." I answer back.

"You can't keep spending the rest of your life ignoring everything, because that won't solve anything." Alex explains. "You're going to spend your life in misery, because you spent your life ignoring everything when really you could have done something about it."

"Well maybe I don't know what to do about it. Maybe I'm scared that I won't make a difference. Maybe, I'm absolutely terrified to do anything." I say back, feeling a little bad because I might have sounded a little to harsh.

"You need to step out of your comfort zone, because at one point i won't be by your side to defend you." Alex says.

This changed my perspective, she's right. I'm going to have to learn how to do things on my own. I'm a senior in high school, and right now I'm still having people do things for me. I still have people sticking up for me, when really I could do it alone. "You're right Lex."

"That's why I'm not really comfortable leaving you alone, because you'll just get tossed around, and no one will be there to help you. Look, I only just met you but I seriously care about you. I know everything I need to know about you. You hate rock and roll, you don't like green vegetables, you don't like salad, you dislike food that touch each other. You hate when people don't tie their shoes, you hate when people sage their pants. You hate when peoples shirt tags show. Yes, Tobin I know enough about you, to care about you." Alex says, leaving me quite shocked that she already knows so much about me in just three days.

"I didn't realize that until now. I just realized that how am I suppose to go through life without you by my side." I tell Alex and she just looks at me, with a slight smile on her face. "Like what you said earlier, I feel like I know you so well I could write a book about you. It's been only three days and I just don't want to loose you like i lost everyone else."

"You can't loose me that easily." Alex says as she smiles at me.

I hear the garage door open, so I figured one of my parents are home. "Someone's home" I say as I look out the window and sure enough my moms car is parking her car in the garage. "It's just my mom."

"I can finally meet your mom at least." Alex said with a chuckle. After a few seconds, my mom comes walking in the door, "Tobin, sweetie are you home?" My mom calls out, I just shake my head while Alex laughs at me.

"Oh, whose this?" My mom asks as she walks into the kitchen and sees Alex.

"Hi Mrs. Heath I'm Alex Morgan." Alex says as she extends her hand out for my mom to shake.

----------

ALEX'S POV

I shake Tobin's moms hand, and I smile at her. "Hi, Alex it's great to meet you. So you're the new girl at school Tobin talks about." I smile when she says that and I look over at Tobin and she just smiles at me.

"Yeah, I guess so." I say with a slight smile.

"I'm going to use the bathroom." Tobin says as she runs up the stairs and I wait until I hear a door close. Then it's just me and her mom and it was really awkward.

"So what brings you here?" Mrs. Heath asks as she goes toward the sink to wash her hands.

"I thought I would hang out with Tobin again." I answer back.

"How'd you two meet?" She asks me, then I freeze. We met the weirdest way possible. I first saw her, getting beat up by Melissa and there is absolutely no way I'll be telling her mom that.

"Well, I asked where a classroom was and she kinda showed me around the school and let me sit with her friends during lunch." I lie, but Mrs. Heath buys it.

"How very nice of her. I'm really happy she's starting to make some new friends." Her mom says.

"Yeah, she's fun to be around, she's so sweet." I say.

"You must be careful around her, she's such a fragile girl." Her mom tells me.

"Yeah, I've noticed." I say, not knowing how to respond to that.

"You two stick together." Her mom says as she walks out of the kitchen as Tobin walks in.

"At six, Lauren, Amy and I are heading to the field. Want to come?" Tobin asks me.

"Sure, that sounds like fun." I answer back.

Tobin's mom has invited me over for dinner and I got to meet her brother Jeffery and her dad, and they seem like a nice, perfect family that get along so well. I say my goodbyes to everyone in her family and thank them for the dinner as Tobin and I hop into her car and drive over to the soccer field. When we get there, Lauren and Amy are already there juggling the ball with each other. I've always loved soccer, I always loved the feeling after scoring a goal, and I always loved celebrating with my teammates. Being in the field with just a soccer ball is everything to me.

"Two on two?" Amy asks, and we all agree as we split into two teams. Lauren and Amy, and Tobin and I. We do two on two, and Tobin and I eventually win the small game, but the game consisted mostly of tackling each other and a lot of laughter. And I was actually surprised at how much fun I had with them.

Afterwards at around eight, we all head back to our houses. Tobin drives me back home and we say our good nights.

"Thanks for inviting me Tobin, it was a lot of fun." I say with a smile.

"Yeah I had fun too." Tobin says back, "We should do it again some time." She suggests.

"I'd like that, and your parents are super nice, actually, your whole family is." I say, thinking about what her mom told me.

"Thanks." Tobin says back, showing no emotion.

"Tobs, are you okay?" I ask as I look into her chocolate colored eyes. She just shrugs and nods her head up and down. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah... I'm fine." Tobin says. "I'll see you tomorrow Lex." With that, Tobin goes back into her car and drives away, leaving me absolutely clueless.

********************

AUTHORS NOTE
Sorry this was a little short, I'm planning on doing a time skip towards the end of the school year for the next chapter. Just to make things more interesting.

Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it!

Don't forget to vote, and comments are greatly appreciated!!!

Stay tuned TALEX fans!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 2.1K 65
A Julie Johnston and Morgan Brain fanfic
380K 9.1K 68
It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not. It has been one year since Alex Morgan...
141K 2.9K 43
15 year old Sophia Richardson finally has the chance to see the national team play when they arrive for a friendly in her home state. A surprise oppo...
Goals By pretzee

Fanfiction

66.1K 1K 16
Tobin Heath saved Alex Morgan's life once. That was two years ago, and the two have been inseparable ever since. When a rumor strikes Diamond Bar Hig...