You Know I'm Such a Fool for...

By dinhadb

Vicky is a 17 year old girl who has a dedicated mom, a best friend she loves, Leah, and an ‘almost’ boyfriend... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 1

329K 1.9K 281
By dinhadb

Hey, guys. First of all, thank you WordsSoSweet for editing! You’re awesome :)

I wrote this with Vanditta and we really hope you like it.

The first couple of chapters can be a bit boring, but it gets better, I promise. =)

                                          You Know I'm Such a Fool for You

Chapter 1

Vicky

"What's our excuse gonna be to ditch school after lunch?" Roxie asked us, as usual. She always did that during lunch.

"You can't be serious. You know we're not ditching school, so why are you always asking that?" said Leah, the voice of the reason of our group.

"You are all such dorks,” Roxie replied, "Why can’t we ever have fun?"

"Because we don't want to get caught, and with our luck we’ll get caught and end up in detention, so eat your fries like a good girl and after school we can go to the movies," Max said, eating a slice of pizza.

I always hang out with Leah, Max, and Roxie, and every day we spend the lunch hour together. I know Leah for all my life, she’s my best friend, and we met Roxie, this short, green-eyed, blonde, and Max, a tall, muscleless guy, with brown hair and brown eyes, when we were freshmen in high school 3 years ago.

I'm Vicky, by the way. I’m pretty much your typical teenager, who likes to listen to music, hang out with my friends, and stuff like that. I’m 17, 5’4, and have long wavy light brown hair, big brown eyes, and big eyelashes.

"Well, you’ll have to go without me, because I already have plans," I said with a smile on my face.

"Going out with the young version of Gerard Butler again?" Roxie asked.

“First of all, he’s Irish, not Scottish, and yes I am, we’re watching a movie.”

"So you are getting pretty serious, huh?" Roxie continued.

"I guess. We’ve been dating for 3 weeks now,” I explained.

"I still can't believe you two are going out. You had a crush on him for like a whole year," Leah said.

"Hmm... So I guess soon you’re gonna let him pop your cherry, right?" Roxie asked in a plain tone of voice, almost as if she was talking about the weather. Leah and Max laughed.

“Roxie, you are seriously disturbed," Leah said still laughing.

I rolled my eyes. “Ugh… Shut up you guys!” I can’t believe they’re discussing this. Yes, I’m a virgin, but it’s not that I think that having sex is wrong or that we have to wait till marriage or something, it’s just like… well, I don’t know, it just doesn’t seem the right moment for me. 

It’s also true that Oliver and I are going out for a while and that at this point, most of the girls would be seriously thinking about having sex with him, especially considering the way he looks, but, well, I’m not like the other girls.

Oliver is Irish and moved here a couple of years ago when his dad was transferred by the multinational company he works at. I always thought he was cute and last month he finally asked me out. Even though I’m not in love with him (yet…), I really like him and I’m pretty sure he likes me as well. He’s always the sweetest guy and we have a lot of fun together. That’s why I’m not worried about all the having sex thing, we both have feelings for each other so I know the right time will come.

The sound of Max’s voice shook me out of my trance. “Speaking of the devil…,” he said looking over my shoulder.

I turned my head and saw Oliver coming towards our table. I couldn’t help but smile, he was as good looking as always. He’s tall, like 5’9, has brown hair, and brown eyes and is thin, but not too thin - he has muscles, just isn’t as big as some football players.

“He’s hot!” Roxie whispered. Leah nodded her head in agreement and Max rolled his eyes.

“Hey Babe,” Oliver said and sat beside me. He gave me a quick peck on the lips and took my hand in his.

“Hey.” It was all I managed to say while stared at him. Yeah, I know. As you may have noticed, I act like a complete idiot when I’m around him. But hey, it can’t be that bad, I’m already going out with him, right?

“So… what are you two doing after school?” Roxie asked.

“I’ve already told you, we are going to watch a movie,” I said with annoyance in my voice. Why do I need to keep repeating myself?

“Geez, girl. I was just trying to make some conversation, considering someone” – she said moving her chin towards me – “seemed to be daydreaming.” Everybody started to laugh, even Oliver. I blushed.

Once Roxie saw my anger, she laughed even harder. Oh, I could kill her right now, but the bell rang and we had to leave the cafeteria.

Oliver walked me to my next class. I decided it was better to say something and try not to make things worse. 

“So… everything’s settled for later?”

“Yeah, of course. I’ll wait for you at the parking lot,” he said and smiled at me.

“Okay.” I tiptoed and gave him a kiss. After we pulled away, we smiled to each other one more time and I took my seat.

It was a math class and none of my friends were in it, so I just walked in and sat in some random chair. Differently from most of the students, I don’t hate Math. I don’t love it either, but I can take it pretty well, so the time went by easily.

Soon enough it was over. The next class was PE and this time Leah was there with me.

“Hello girl, ready to get physical?” She asked me while doing some funny movements pretending to be exercising.

“Can’t wait,” I answered sarcastically.

We spent the hour together, just like we do every day. It was always like this from the time we met – like a hundred years ago. We’ve been friends since kindergarten and the fact that she is my next door neighbor just makes things easier. We spend so much time together that we are like sisters, well… maybe even closer than that, because I know a lot of siblings who fight all the time. Even Leah has her moments with her brother, Adrian. Sometimes they keep fighting for hours. Gosh, even I lose my patience with him sometimes. He’s in college, but sometimes it seems like he’s five, annoying the hell out of us. He can be so irritating!

Anyway, Leah and I are inseparable. She knows every single detail of my life, as I know of hers. We can spend a whole night talking without getting bored. It’s a very comforting feeling, to know that there’s someone who trusts you so much and that will be there for you if you need as well.

I tried to do all the exercising we were supposed to do, but Coach Carlson didn’t make it easy. He didn’t even let us catch a breath. I swear I don’t know how I managed not to fall on the floor from the lack of oxygen.

When I thought my legs would give up on me, the last bell rang. I suddenly remembered that Oliver would be waiting for me. Note to self: don’t be stupid this time!

I waited Leah to grab her things, since she was driving home with me, and we walked to the shower. After that, we went to the parking lot. As I expected, Oliver was there.

He smiled at me and I giggled – so much for not being stupid…

“Ready?” Oliver asked and I nodded.

He and Leah said ‘hi’ to each other and he took my hand while we started walking. When we reached my car, I noticed that Oliver’s car was also there. The plan was to watch a movie at my place, so I asked “Are you riding with us?”

“No, Babe. I can’t leave my car here, so I’ll follow you, ok?”

“Yeah, sure.”

And with that, he went to his own car and Leah and I entered in mine.

I knew it wouldn’t take long for her to ask. 3…2…1…

“Ok, so you’re going to your house?”

“Yep.”

“Is your mom there?” My mom’s a doctor, so her scheduler’s pretty messed up. She tries to stay home as much as she can; today, however, wasn’t one of those days. My father passed away when I was 3, so it’s just me and my mom.

“Nope, she’s working.” I said and didn’t even have to look at Leah to know that she was frowning. 

I glanced at her and saw I wasn’t mistaken.

“Relax, Leah. You know I won’t do anything stupid.”

“I don’t know about that Vicky... You seem dazzled by him. I just don’t want you to get hurt or do something you’ll regret later.”

Thankfully we got home and I didn’t have to answer that. I parked my own car and said goodbye to Leah while Oliver was parking his in front of my house as well. Gosh, he was really handsome. He kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear, “Let’s go babe,” and I felt my knees melting.

“So, what are we watching?” He asked.

“Hmm... You choose” Like I didn’t know we were going to make out the entire movie.

“How about ‘The Day the Earth Stood Still’?”

“Ok, sounds great,” Who am I to complain? Keanu Reeves on the screen, a really hot guy by my side and popcorn... Perfect evening!

I wasn’t disappointed.

In the middle of the movie Oliver started kissing my neck and jaw. I melted beside him when his lips moved up and met mine.  While our tongues battled, my hand went to the back of his neck and tried to push him even closer. I could feel him caressing my thighs and his hands going up to my ass, which was ok, since I still had my pants on.

I tangled my fingers through his hair while he continued to explore my body. I was really enjoying it until I felt his hand on my stomach beneath my shirt. I could see where this was going but decided not to say anything when I felt his hand on my boobs, but when he trying to unclasp my bra it was too much. We haven’t done anything that serious and this was going too fast. I felt like I was going 100 miles per hour and I just needed to stop. “Oliver, stop, please. This is going way too fast.”

Oliver didn’t seem to listen to me and was still trying to get to my boobs. “Oliver I mean it, stop it!” I pushed him off the couch and he fell on his ass.

“Why the bloody hell you did that, Vicky? I thought you wanted it!” He said with the strongest Irish accent I’ve ever heard in my entire life, while sitting beside me on the couch again.

“I just need to breathe a little, ok... Can’t we just talk for a bit?”

“Sure babe... about what?” He said, kissing my neck, which wasn’t really helping me to think at all. In fact, it wasn’t even good, it was only making me even more nervous.

“Oliver, I‘m serious, stop it. This is going too fast and I’m not ready. I don’t think that it’s time for us to do... you know... it” I said the last part whispering.

He seemed really upset so I held my breath until he said “It’s ok Vicky. I don’t want you to do anything in a rush, I just thought you was enjoying it that’s all. I’m sorry, ok?” He kissed me on my cheek.

The rest of the night was really awkward; we didn’t kiss or even look at each other. When the movie was over he got up, kissed my cheek and said goodbye. I felt kinda bad as I watched him going to his car, but what was I supposed to do? In that moment I remembered what Leah said to me in on our way home. I really need to talk to her, I thought.

I put on my converse, ran to her front door and ring the door bell. Adrian answered it. Great, just what I needed… I just hope he doesn’t make a stupid joke as he usually does.

“If it isn’t my little sister’s best friend ever! Look Vicky, I’m sorry, but Leah can’t come out and play with you because she’s helping our mom with dinner,” said Adrian. I don’t even know why I ever hoped he wouldn’t make a joke. Even if he had hit his head or something he’d still make a joke.

“Wow Adrian, very mature! I’m not in the mood, so can I come in or what?” I answered rolling my eyes. For a 21 year old guy, Adrian could be so immature!

“Jeez… alright… come in. You are a little too young to be that stressed you know,” he said to me as I passed by him, but I could tell he noticed that I wasn’t in the mood for jokes.

I said ‘hi’ to Mr. Haynes, who was watching TV in the living room, and went straight to the kitchen, where Leah and her mom were. When I got to there, I realized I just couldn’t say ‘Hey Leah, could you come to my place right at dinner time and talk about how I almost lost my virginity to my almost-boyfriend?’ Ok, not exactly what happened, I was exaggerating a little, but I got scared back there.

“Hello sweetie, wanna join us for dinner? I’m making roast beef.” Leah’s mom was so kind to me all the time and I just couldn’t say no to her roast beef, it was really awesome.

“Sure Mrs. Haynes. Want some help setting the table?”

A few minutes later we all sat down to have dinner and everything smelled delicious. I wasn’t really hungry, but I ate a little anyway.

“So girls, how’s school?” Mrs. Haynes asked.

“Yeah Vicky, tell us about that Scottish boyfriend of yours.” said Adrian pretending to be interested in my answer like I had a giant pair of boobs in my forehead.

“Honestly, what’s wrong with you people? I said like a million times, he’s not Scottish, he’s Irish! I-R-I-S-H” I snapped. Wow, what was that? Bring in some drugs to control me please, before I make a fool of myself. Oh wait, too late.

Thank god no one in the table realized I was upset. They probably thought I was mad with Adrian and his silly jokes. Well, except for Leah, who gave me her ‘we’re gonna talk ASAP’ look.

 When dinner was over, Leah and I went up to her room and I told her the whole story.

“Well, what are you gonna do then? You guys are gonna break up or what?”

“He was really understanding about everything and all. I can’t just stop seeing him because of that.”

“I guess you’re right, but be careful. I don’t want to see you get hurt.” Leah replied frowning.

“You already told me that, a million times before, but don’t worry, I’m not that stupid. I really like him, but not that much.” I explained.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

593K 22.8K 40
Rely only on yourself. This is the rule Ren, an eighteen-year-old werewolf, lives by. Since the early age of ten she has only one goal on her mind;...
17.6K 598 26
***COMPLETED*** At 32 years old Alpha Alex is starting to lose hope of ever finding his mate. But just as he starts to believe the moon goddess has...
374 26 14
"I will never love you Clint Bradshaw. That is a promise." Sometimes, the boy you hate the most is the one that ends up trying to steal your heart...
3.1K 64 34
Luna is a junior in high school who's mom took off when she was a little girl. Her dad works a lot so she takes care of her self which often gets her...