Everybody Needs Somebody

By zolozen

What happens when the world doesn’t work the way it’s intended to work? What happens when a little boy is sup... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
A/N: I'M MENTAL
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
AM I ANNOYING YET?
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
A/N
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
Thank You's
Opinion Time!
A/N: LALALA
Let's Take It Back To The Beginning
Let's Take It Back To The Beginning Pt. II
Let's Take It Back To The Beginning Pt. III
Boys Will Be Boys
Someday At Christmas
LATE CHRISTMAS POST
Caught In The Act
Let's Take It Back To The Beginning Pt. IV
Trouble Comes Out To Play While The Parents Are Away
Listen For The Silent Calls
Hi, May I Take Your Order?
Strike One. Strike Two. Strike...

Chapter Twenty Three

8.6K 279 179
By zolozen

"Paul someone has been filming private therapy sessions! You have to do something about this dammit!" Louis shouts as he slams his hand against Paul's desk in frustration. After Ant and Danny had shown Louis the video going around their grade of Zayn, the older man dragged the two boys into Paul's office in order to show him the video as well.

"Louis I understand, and we will be doing something but you have to relax for now. You yelling at me won't make this situation disappear. So for now, boys do you have any idea who could have done this?" Paul speaks before turning to Ant and Danny to ask them the last part of the statement.

"I mean, we don't have any proof or anything, but Zayn's always had a bit of trouble with, um, Tom Parker and before we went to maths class we saw him get into a kinda heated conversation with each other and just yeah," Danny speaks hesitantly with his head down, and Louis can't help but smile because he can perfectly see why the boys are best friends.

"Alright, thank you Daniel, Anthony. I will be looking into this, for now let's get you two back to class, yes?" Paul says and the two nod before quickly walking out of the room. From there, Louis continues to walk around the office back and forth just to adjust his thoughts before Paul is bringing him out of them.

"Louis, I want to help figure out who did this as much as you did, however, I think you have something a bit bigger to deal with at the moment. There was videos- Louis it showed him being being raped. If those people filmed what happened then that means there has to be more, or at least a full video of it! Louis you need to take that to the police," Paul says and Louis just sits down with his face in his hands.

"I know. I know I do, I just don't know how I'm going to deal with this at home. He's so scared of everything and he just started coming to us about little things, and now this happens and just I'm scared what's gonna happen next," Louis says a bit helplessly and Paul simply pats him on the back as a way of comfort.

"I know this all seems tough now, but you're gonna get through it. You always do," Paul says with a smile and Louis nods his head in return before getting up and making his way back out to his car.

With Harry and Zayn things aren't looking too well. Upon arriving home, Zayn had ran straight up to his room and by the time Harry had gotten there the boy was red in the face while blubbering into his pillow. Harry attempted to calm the boy but after fifteen minutes with little to no success he ended up crawling onto the bed with the boy and just held him against his chest.

"I-I wan-want my mum, pl-please let me see h-her," Zayn chokes out. "Ple-please, she's the only one- the on-only one I have left," Zayn cries while trying to break away from Harry's grasp but the man simply holds on to him tighter.

"You have us, Zayn. You'll always have us, baby, please relax," Harry coos and finally after another ten minutes of holding the boy against his chest, Zayn falls asleep and Harry slowly lets him go before making his way downstairs where Louis is once again entering. "Any news as to what happened?"

"Oh yeah plenty of news," Louis says begrudgingly before falling onto the sofa. "We need to go down to the police station. Some asshole in the school got ahold of a video where Zayn- Zayn was- god Harry he looked- they were raping him. Harry, they sent it to everyone in his grade," Louis cries as he's pulled into Harry's chest.

"Okay. Okay, okay, okay, we're gonna be okay. We can get through this, we've gotten through everything else. We'll get through this too. We're gonna grab Zayn, go down to the police station and-" The front door slams open.

"Dad! Dad, Papa! Where's Zayn?! Is he okay? Has he seen it?" Niall yells as he runs into the house.

"Niall, relax, baby, please. We're trying to figure this out, too, for right now we're gonna go wake up Zayn and go down to the police station. Where's your br-"

"Dads! What the he-"

"Spoke too soon," Louis continues while rubbing his face. "Alright everyone needs to be quiet!" Louis then shouts which quickly shuts his two sons up, and just as he's about to start talking again he's cut off by a small voice.

"Louis," Zayn whimpers from the bottom of the stair. His hair is all over the place, eyes are bloodshot red, and his once organized outfit was now disheveled.

"Baby, hi, baby, c'mere," Louis coos as he walks over to the boy to pull him in for a hug only to feel him tense a bit before once again relaxing into it. "C'mon, love, why don't we go clean up your face a bit, yeah?" Louis ask and Zayn simply shrugs, so the man decides to just lead him over to the kitchen where he is quick to lift the boy up onto the counter and begin to wipe down his face.

"We're going to the police station?" Zayn asks after a couple minutes and Louis just nods his head with a sad smile. "C-can- Can I see my mum while we're there? Please?"

"Zayn, why do you want to see your mum? Did something else happen, too?" Louis presses but Zayn just shakes his head.

"She was always high or drunk when I lived with her and just- I don't know, I want to see her when she's sober. Want to just talk to her a bit," Zayn says with his head down and Louis can't help but sympathize for the boy because no matter how hard he tries to feel how he feels, he knows it isn't possible without going through what the boy's been through.

"We'll see what we can do, alright? For now let's get down to the station to figure some of this other stuff out," Louis says and Zayn once again nods before Louis picks him up and begins to carry him out to the car followed by the rest of the family.

It takes about twenty minutes to get to the police station from there house with all the traffic and what not, but when they finally arrive Louis is quickly running out before Harry even can park with Zayn once again on his hip.

"Louis can you put me down?" Zayn asks with a blush present on his face.

"In a minute, Zayn. Let's get into the offices first, babe," Louis says in a rushed and unquestionable manner as he continues to carry the far-too-underweight fourteen year old throughout the police department until they arrive at the offices they were looking for.

"Hello, can I help you sir?" A detective asks while approaching Louis, however, before the man can answer, the face he was looking for shows up.

"Louis? What are you doing here?" Olivia, the same detective who's been working on Zayn's case, asks as she walks away from her desk and over to the man.

"Olivia, thank god! We have stuff, not good stuff, but you need to see it!" Louis exclaims as he's guided over to her desk.

"Louis, can you please put me down now?" Zayn asks with cheeks red as cherries.

"I'm sorry, love," Louis says as he puts the boy down just as Harry, Liam, and Niall walk in. "Some videos were released and I think you're gonna need to see them," Louis says sadly.

"Okay, let me get the other detectives on the case to come with us, and, for now, Liam why don't you take Zayn and Niall over to the vending machine to get a snack? You know how to work the machine," Olivia says, knowing Liam knows the machine since he and Sam have used it multiple times when they drop food off for her.

With that being said Liam leads Zayn and Niall over to the vending machine whereas Olivia leads the adults and other detectives into a private room where they can discuss everything.

"So Louis what exactly is it that you need to show us? We've been working hard on this case and there's no doubt all of them will be looking at jail time, so what else can actually be shown?" Olivia asks and Harry and Louis simply sigh before the latter hands over his phone where a video was present on the screen.

"Fast forward to two minutes and thirteen seconds." Is all Louis says as the detectives plug the phone into some device which connects it onto the TV. From there they fast forward to the time Louis told them and begin to watch the video, only to instantly regret pressing play a second later. The three detectives watch the video go on for two more minutes before the screen goes black and Olivia slams the remote down onto the table.

"Where the hell did that come from?! How are we just seeing this?" Olivia exclaims while looking exasperated.

"Some kid in the boy's school got ahold of it from someone and sent it to everyone," Louis says.

"Although this is horrible, one bright side is that going to trial for this man won't even be necessary since we have all the proof right there," Olivia says and before she can talk again Liam is entering the room with Zayn and Niall behind him.

"Zayn, buddy, can we talk for a minute?" Olivia asks the boy softly who in return nods before sitting in the chair she pulled out for him. "Did you know these people were filming you? Or was this just this man?"

"I-I didn't know, I pr-promise," Zayn says with wide eyes and Olivia can't help but coo.

"I believe you, buddy, don't wor-"

"Um, it was more than just this person," Niall speaks up quietly but everyone in the room heard and they were quickly snapping their heads over to the boy.

"What do you mean, Nialler? How do you know?" Harry asks in a rushed manner, and Niall simply hands his phone over where the police begin to go through it. They plug the phone into the TV and once again videos of Zayn being sprawled out on a bed were displayed. The videos go on and on and Zayn was once again crying within the first thirty seconds which led to Harry carrying him out of the room.

The detectives end up talking to Louis and the two other boys for another thirty minutes before finally the three are exiting the room and guiding Harry and Zayn back out to the car.

"Mum, wan' my mum," Zayn mumbles as they begin to exit the building and Harry simply sighs.

"Another day, babe, I promise," Harry says as he kisses the boy's temple.

From there the family begin their trek home where the minute they enter the house Louis is quick to remember what day it was.

"Boys! Go get changed, you have a game today!" Louis says as Liam and Niall run up to their rooms to quickly get changed, however, as Zayn attempts to do the same thing Harry is quick to pull him back.

"Zee, you can stay home, baby," Harry coos while crouching down to the boy's eye level.

"B-but- but I don't ditch the team," the boy speaks with wide eyes and both Harry and Louis sigh.

"Love, you won't be ditching anyone. I'm sure they'll understand," Louis assures but Zayn simply shakes his head before going up to his room to get changed. "He's more stubborn than I am."

"You can say that again," Harry says with a laugh before entering the kitchen to make a small cooler.

+

As the family pulls up to the field, it's safe to say that everyone on the team was shocked to see Zayn, however, they decide not to say anything about it. Well, mainly because Liam shot everyone a look that said "shut the fuck up" the minute they entered the field. Louis did his usual pregame huddle before calling out the game starting lineup and then allowed Liam to do his own huddle thing.

The game during the first half went a lot better than Louis had expected. He put Zayn into the game halfway through the half and the boy actually ended up scoring as well as assisting a score to Niall. With halftime quickly approaching, that meant that the homecoming awards were quick to arrive as well which, though the day had been overly grim, Louis was excited for because Liam was suppose to win.

So the half quickly finishes and the school headmaster, Paul, is quick to take the center of the field and start his small little speech. After thanking the crowd for being there and what not Paul began to explain the purpose of homecoming and how it celebrates the athletes as well as the most school spirited people.

"As per usual, prior to us announcing the homecoming King and Queen we will announce the prince and princesses from the lower grades. In the twelfth grade, our prince and princess is Hank Carter and Suzie Bates." The crowd cheers for the two. "In the eleventh grade, we have Niall Tomlinson-Styles and Ella Sanders." Once again the crowd cheers, Louis and Harry being a tad bit louder than everyone else. "And for our baby prince and princess we have Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards." Paul states which has the crowd cheering as well as laughing. Zayn awkwardly breaks away from the team in order to walk up to center field where he automatically sees Perrie scoff at him.

"And now for our King and Queen, congratulations Liam Tomlinson-Styles and Sophia Smith," Paul says as the crowds loudly cheer for the two. From there a few pictures are taken before the team is finally allowed to leave the field and go to the locker room to reorganize their thoughts for the next half.

As the team enters the room everyone is bit giddy and rowdy due to having a 3-0 lead as well as since three of the winners for homecoming were on the team. Everyone was having fun banter amongst each other and Louis was allowing it since Zayn finally seemed to crack a smile after crying all day long.

Well that smile didn't last long.

As Zayn opened up his gym locker to put away the things he was given for being a homecoming prince, rather than some old gym socks or his gym bag falling out like usual, an abundant amount of baby nappies and pull-ups began to tumble out of the locker. Upon seeing Zayn struggling, the team turns to the boy only to see the nappies surrounding him on the floor, and the boy himself with wide, watery eyes.

"Zay-" Liam starts only to be cut off.

"They're not mine! I promise, the-they're not mine!" Zayn shouts as tears begin to fall down his cheeks.

"You sure about that? According to that video, a little someone on our team still has a problem with using the toilet before bed," Max says with a sinister smirk present upon his face. And it was with that simple statement that led to Zayn running out of the locker room and straight over to Harry who was talking to some of the other parents. Upon feeling someone crash into his chest, Harry quickly looks down only to be met by a mop of black hair and he immediately freaks out.

"Zayn, Zaynie what happened? Baby, what happened?" Harry coos as he picks the boy up and makes his way back over to the car.

"S-some-someo-some-" Zayn says while choking on words and Harry decides to just ask later.

"Shh, it's okay you can tell me later. C'mon let's go home," Harry coos as he hoist the boy up onto his hip a bit more comfortably while entering the parking lot. As Harry opens the back door to situate the back door, Louis quickly runs up to him with a frantic look. "I'm gonna take him home, I'll come pick you guys up later," Harry assures and Louis nods.

"I'll explain then," Louis says as he kisses the boy's head before running back out to the field where the game is about to start up again.

+

Later that night, Harry ended up sending his good mate, Ashton, to pick the boys up since he couldn't bare the idea of leaving the still crying Zayn alone. So just a bit after 7:30, Harry hears the door open before a stampede of feet quickly approach the living room.

"Zaynie, Zaynie it's alright," Liam coos while pulling the boy into his chest.

"Every-everyone thinks I'm a b-baby. Th-they-they weren't my nap-nappies," Zayn hiccups and Liam simply shushes him.

"I know, I know, Zee. Everyone on the team knows they weren't yours," Liam assures but Zayn simply shakes his head in disagreement. "If you don't believe my word, would you believe theirs?" Liam asks which seems to have confused the boy because he slowly lifts his head from the crook of Liam's neck only to meet eyes with the whole team. Upon seeing the team, Zayn is quick to whimper while trying to break away from Liam's arms and back into Harry's, however, the boy doesn't let him.

"Zee, we know you wanted to give Max another chance, but we, as captains came to a unanimous decision of kicking him off the team. He thought it would be a funny prank to pull, but it wasn't. I know we gave you some shit at the beginning of the season, but your hazing stage is well-over and what he did was uncalled for. You're our brother now, and we're gonna be with you through thick and thin," Andy assures the boy who simply seems to grasp onto Liam tighter.

From there, Harry decides to go talk to Louis and try and get some answers from him while leaving the boys to bond a bit. So Louis quickly explains the brief run down to Harry who simply shakes his head throughout the whole story. As the night goes on, Louis and Harry end up ordering a bunch of pizzas because they came to the conclusion that the team will once again be sleeping over.

So the night goes on much smoother after that with all the boys cuddling on the couches and floor while eating pizza. And at one point or another Zayn seemed to finally escape from Liam's koala like grip and make his way into the kitchen where Louis and Harry were talking with Ashton and his other bandmates who ended up coming over when Ashton called them to tell them there was a pizza party occurring.

"Hi, baby. D'you need something?" Louis coos as he opens his arms for the boy to walk into, and in return Zayn just shakes his head while cuddling closer to Louis who only coos. "Baby, can we introduce you to a couple of our friends?" And to that Zayn nods hesitantly.

"Zee, these are some very good friends of mine Ashton, Michael, Calum, and Luke. Lads, this is the boy I've been telling you about, Zayn," Harry introduces the five to each other.

"It's nice to meet you, Zayn," Ashton says while extending a hand out for the boy to shake which he does so cautiously. The group continue to talk for a bit with Zayn quietly standing next to Louis as he leans into the man's side, and finally after another fifteen minutes pass Louis feels Zayn's body go slightly more limp and that's when he noticed the boy had fallen asleep while leaning on Louis.

"I'm gonna go take him to bed, I'll be back," Louis assures while lifting the boy up. So Louis begins to walk over to the stairs only to be intercepted by Liam.

"We're having a team sleepover and Zayn's required to sleep down here," Liam quickly says while running off with the sleeping boy and Louis in return laughs before shaking his head and walking back towards the kitchen.

+

The next morning, Harry and Louis decide to let Zayn stay home for the day mainly because the boy begged them and who were they to say no to those puppy dog eyes. So Zayn ended up staying home with Harry, only leaving to go to the studio with the man for a little bit around oneish, but they were back in the house just in time to watch Liam rush in looking frantic as ever claiming he only had four hours to get ready for the homecoming dance.

For the rest of the night, Zayn sat around watching Niall and Liam freak out over getting ready, occasionally helping Liam decide which tie or which socks to wear. But finally 7:45 came around and each of the boy's dates were arriving at the house as well as a couple of their friends in order to take some group pictures. After taking a million and one pictures, the boy's begin to climb into their party buses/limos, and no matter how many times Liam and Niall attempted to convince Zayn to go with them he kept replying no.

So now it was just Harry, Louis, and Zayn home watching a movie when someone knocked on the door. Louis thinking one of the kids left something behind quickly ran to open the door only to be shocked as to who was behind it.

"Zayn, you have a visitor, bub," Louis speaks softly and as Zayn looks up from the screen a wide smile breaks out upon his face.

"Danny!" Zayn shouts as he jumps up to hug the boy. "I thought you were going to the dance?"

"I was but then I thought what's more fun: Going to a dance stag or hanging out with my best mate?" Danny says with a laugh and Zayn can't help but laugh in return.

"Zayn, you two can hangout in your room if you want. I'll order some chinese food for the lot of us," Harry offers and Zayn quickly nods before dragging Danny up the stairs and over to his room.

The two are situated in Zayn's room playing Super Smash Bros for a good fifteen minutes, simply joking around with one another while trying to also distract the other in order to win. After the fifth round of the game, Danny ends up pausing it before he turns to Zayn.

"Thanks for coming over, it means a lot to me," Zayn says genuinely and Danny just smiles.

"I would do anything for you, Zayn," Danny replies before looking down to Zayn's lips hesitantly. "Zayn?"

"Hmm?" Zayn hums as picks at the loose string coming from his shirt.

"Can I try something? Please?" Danny asks and when Zayn looks up he notices Danny staring directly at his lips.

"I just want to try something," Danny assures while looking into Zayn's eyes with nothing but love present in them.

And Zayn doesn't know if it's cause he saw the genuine look in the boy's eyes or because he wanted to try the same thing, but he found himself nodding and next thing he knows Danny's leaning in towards the boy. And what came as the most shocking part to Zayn was that he was leaning forward as well, and before he knew it their lips were touching.

They were kissing.

_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:

A/N: Hi! So you wanted Zanny and I made Zanny! Well possibly! What do you think is gonna happen next? I'm so happy with all the support I've been getting from this book and I just wanted to say a quick thank you! Other than that don't forget to keep commenting and voting! Byeee :)

DB

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 11.9K 27
Sometimes people are just drawn to each other, no matter who they are and how they know them. It's chemistry and sometimes it can end as an experimen...
72.1K 2.3K 56
"Boys will be boys and there is nothing you can do about it" Zayn Malik has always been a player and has never been in a real relationship before. H...
30.7K 699 27
Zayn has been bullied his whole life. He's always been put through a lot of pain and suffering. He has always moved around because his mom moves arou...
4K 282 59
After "The Wedding of the Century" everything was smooth sailing for all of them. Life had been normal the last two years. Everyone was working on th...