Secrets In Paradise (GirlxGir...

Av Spencer_Lorenzi

"Love." "A four letter word that everyone is bound to feel someday in their life. For me, those four letters... Mer

Secrets In Paradise (GirlxGirl)
Senior Year
New Chick
Kisses
Bathroom Break
Star Struck
Junk
Awkward
Run
Call It A Bet
Type
Head Injury
Pizza
No Bloody Hell
Smooth
Sorry!
Do we have a Deal?
Perfect Love Crime
Squad
Puberty
Mezmorized
Crying Tall Tales
Oh, brother...
Question
First time for everything
When life gives you lemons
Charlie's Angels
Not Again
Willy Wonka
Library
How the cookie crumples
Rain
Cupid
King of Diamonds
I'm British, Bitch!
View
Superhero
Oh boy
Ouch
Tiger Eyes
Karma
James Dean
Heart Break and Remedy
Drunk for lust
48 Hours
Game Over
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Psychology
Bentley
Money
Game Plan
Careful
Faded
Honest
Truth
Our Own Bet
Warm
Toothbrush
Newspaper
Princess
Eighteen
Sinners with Masks on
Last Name
Mother's Dearest
Roommates
Thumps
Wording and Soulmates
Rebranding
Armor and Crown
Hidden Messages
Identification
Double Vision
Unbalance Chemicals
The color Green
Deep Talks
Pinpointing and Mapping
Yellow Brick Road
Lessons and Contracts
Baseline
Sneak Peek
Hopes and Wonders
 Dépaysement
 Confessional
Blue Dot

Romeo and Juliet Recital

9.1K 338 53
Av Spencer_Lorenzi

Brooklyn's Pov:

To say I was exhausted was well... exactly had I felt. My head was spinning and I had threw up a couple of times.

I ended up going to another club before I left that one as well, since I was getting tons of stares from different people.

Drinking and driving isn't something I recommend but I've done it so many times before, I got used to seeing 4 yellow lines. I usually just picked one and use it to guard me.

I ended up refilling the car with gas and ate some McDonald all well drunk. It was around 5 in the morning and I felt like shit.

I wanted nothing but to go home and rest yet, I wasn't up for it, so I went to the one place I knew was safe.

I ended up parking my father's car somewhere close to the building but not its exact parking lot.

I didn't want to get noticed since I just needed a place to rest for a few hours.

As I got out of the car, I stumbled to the building feeling the need to throw up.

Once I finally got to the doors, I tried to push them open but they didn't barge.

Should have known.

I looked around the ground and was extremely grateful when I saw some
bobby pins laying there.

I quickly bend down and picked them up.

I struggled with my balance but once I got them, I stood up straight.

Now if only I could pick the lock.

The sound of someone clearing their throat startled me.

Turning around, I saw a man looking at me with one of his eyebrows up.

He looked somewhat blurry but I still recognized him.

"Ey you're that smartass janitor." I said as I slurred my words.

He immediately moved his face away from me.

"You reek of booze." He said.

Rolling my eyes, I turned back to what I was doing.

"Well don't worry, I'll have this door open soon." I mumbled.

"I would believe you if you weren't holding sticks and you was actually putting them in the lock." He said as he grabbed my bobby pins and threw them to the ground.

"Ey! Those bobby pins were hard to get."

It was his turn to roll his eyes, as he lightly shoved me and put a key in the lock.

"First off, those were small sticks not bobby pins. Secondly, why are you even here, you're drunk. You'll get suspended if they see you." He said as he pushed open the door to the school.

"I did something very bad and school is the last place they'll suspect me to be." I mumbled.

Nodding his head, he gestured for me to go inside.

"What's you name?" I asked as I looked at him.

"Daniel, yours?"

"I'm Brook Knight Brighton... wait no, I'm Brooklyn Brighton Knight." I said as I rubbed my temples.

"Well Brook you need to do something, you look like shit."

"Well sorry I didn't know I was being judged today on looks."

Rolling his eyes, he told me to follow him.

We ended up stopping at a closet and he handed me some clothes from inside it.

Daniel said it was the lost and found but the clothes have been here for a while. I was just glad they didn't smell.

"I usually shower here in the gym, maybe you can do the same." Daniel said.

"That's would be a good idea actually." I said as I smiled.

Nodding his head, he led the way to the gym before handing me a soap bar from the janitor closet there. He also took out his work clothes and his own items to shower with.

I ended up spending a good 20 minutes in there as I continued to throw up.

When I finished throwing up, I made sure to wash my mouth out with water before going to meet up with Daniel. I grabbed my clothes and threw them into my gym locker, while putting my phone and wallet in the pockets of the jeans I had on.

He was waiting for me like he promised he would but this time he had his cart with him.

"Whatcha gonna do?" He asked.

"Daniel, I need to sleep." I said as I felt myself growing tiresome.

Nodding his head, Daniel told me he had to clean the library so I could take a nap there while he worked.

He stuck to his word and as soon as he opened the library's doors, he started cleaning.

He told me to go to a corner and when he was done he'll come and get me.

I decided to do what he said as I went to a corner to take a nap.

I knew I looked somewhat ridiculous but I slowly laid on the ground, spread out, and fell asleep there.

I allowed myself to trust Daniel in waking me up but when I felt him touching my shoulder, I whimpered a bit.

It felt like I was only asleep for a minute or two.

Slowly opening my eyes, I noticed grayish blue eyes staring at me.

I must be sleeping still.

"Goodmorning Emma." I said as I smiled at her.

"Brook, what are you doing here?" She asked softly.

"I.. just... sleeping." I said as I slurred my words.

"Are you... are you drunk?"

"Just a little." I said as I closed my eyes.

"Brook wake up." Emma said as she shook me again.

"No cause then, you'll disappear."

"Brook this isn't a dream." Emma said.

"Oh yea? Then kiss me."

"No."

"Worth a try." I mumbled as I slowly got up and opened my eyes.

My head was definitely spinning and if it wasn't, then the Earth needed to slow down.

"Whatcha doing here hon?" I asked as I looked at Emma.

Sighing, she responded.

"Jenna and Hanna needed to come to school early since they need to take a test of some kind. I always try to come here to read in the morning."

"No wonder I never see you in the morning as much as I like too. You're always here!" I said as I giggled and leaned back against the book shelf.

"Brook, why are you really here? You're wasted but even in this dumb state of yours, you know better than to be here drunk." Emma said as she stared at me.

"Because I stole daddy's car and got so wasted that I couldn't go home. I came here because they'll never expect it." I said as I pointed one of my fingers to my temple and once again slurred my words.

"Brook, Chloe and Aaron are here. It's 7 o'clock, they'll see you sooner or later and tell your parents." Emma said as she sighed.

"You look extremely beautiful today." I said as I stared at Emma with a smile.

"Why are you the sweetest when you're drunk?" Emma mumbled.

I was about to speak up when someone spoke first.

"Brook I finished cleaning." I heard Daniel said.

"Oh heey!" I yelled as I smiled at him.

"Still drunk is she?" Daniel asked as he looked at Emma.

Emma just seemed to sigh and nod her head.

"Ey ey Daniel, she's mine." I said as I frowned and tried to grab Emma.

"She's all yours Brook." Daniel said as he rolled his eyes at me.

"You heard that Juilet? We can get married now! We don't need to die!" I exclaimed as I tried to hug Emma.

She just huffed as she got out of my grasp.

"Brook we aren't getting married, we aren't even dating."

"Then, here's to my love! O true apothecary, Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die!" I exclaimed as I pretended to drink poison.

I pretended to be die but couldn't help laughing since I crack myself up with my own joke.

"She can't be here. She'll get into trouble with the school." Emma said.

I however, continued to play possum.

"Agree." Daniel said.

"I'll get Aaron, they're practically sibling, he'll take her home."

That immediately got my attention as I got up.

"No please!" I yelled.

"Brook what other opinion is there?" Emma asked.

"Please Emma, you have no idea how much shit I'm in. Please don't tell Aaron I'm here!" I exclaimed as I started to cry.

"Are.. are you crying?" Emma asked softly.

"Yea and I don't know how to stop it." I sobbed as I covered my face with my hands.

"Ey ok ok calm down, I was once a teenager, I know how much shit you'll get into." Daniel said.

"How about this, I'll drive you somewhere else to sleep this off but once you're sob, you'll need to go back to your parents. They might inform the police that you're missing."

That caused me to laugh.

"Report me missing? I ran away from home when I was 10 once and they just waited for me to come back home! They won't report me missing cause it'll look bad on their reputation, my parents aren't just any strangers on the street."

"Gosh, your parents are awful." I heard Emma mumbled.

"No! I mean... no no, they're good people. They'll like me, just hard to understand." I said as I looked up at them.

Sighing, Daniel rubbed his neck.

"Well let's go, the library will start to get full of people soon and they'll know something's up." Daniel said.

Slowly standing up, I felt Emma place her hand on my hip so she could help me keep balance.

"Ok but how are we going to get her out? People know her, she's like their mini celebrity." Emma said as she made a face.

"Easy, she'll hop in here." Daniel said as he padded his cart.

"Get in the trashbin?" I asked trying to make sure my words didn't slur.

"Gross your breath stinks." Emma said as she moved her face away from me.

"Sorry Juilet, Lord Capulet has me on the run like a fugitive after I killed your cousin Tybalt. I haven't had the time to breath my teeth." I said as I looked the other way so she wasn't hit with my breath.

"Does she really think she's Romeo?" Daniel asked as he walked over to us.

"The girl is drunk of her ass." Emma said as if that would answer his question.

Shrugging his shoulders, he quickly picked me up and shoved me into the trashbin.

I immediately peeked up.

"This holy shrine, the gentle sin is this.
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand. To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss." I said as I looked at Emma.

Rolling her eyes, she walked over to me.

"Nice try Romeo." Emma said before shoving my head down and slamming the top.

"It was worth a try Juilet!" I yelled as I laughed.

"How can a drunk girl recite Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet?" I heard Daniel asked as he started moving the cart.

"You got me there, I didn't even know she read."

"Ey! I might look dumb but I'm an A straight student!" I yelled.

"Shut it Romeo, we're about to exit the library." Daniel said.

"Wait! Emma, you can't tell anyone you saw me." I said from inside the trashbin.

After a long pause, Emma spoke up.

"I won't Brook. Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow. Be safe." I heard Emma say from outside the trashbin.

I couldn't help but to giggle knowing she was quoting Shakespeare as well.

"Take care of her, she's incapable of doing it herself." I heard Emma say to Daniel.

"I will." He said before he started moving his cart again.

I made sure to stay completely silent as I started hearing student's voices.

It wasn't until I heard two certain voices that I felt my body go stiff.

"Oh God, where is she!? She isn't picking up her phone and she hasn't been home yet!"

"Aaron calm down, she's a smart girl."

"When she's fucken sober!"

It wasn't longer after that, that I heard a loud crash causing me to groan. My head was starting to hurt.

"Ey, don't hit my locker." I heard Daniel say as he continued to move the cart.

I was able to hear Aaron mumble a sorry before I could no longer hear them.

I sat in the tiny space for a few more minutes before I heard the opening of doors.

We then started going down at an angle and I heard Daniel's voice.

"Did you come here in a car? We can't leave in mine, they'll know I'm dissing work if they don't see it in its parking space."

"Yea but it's in another area, just a block away." I said softly.

"Great." I heard Daniel mumbled.

After a few more minutes, Daniel stopped and told me to get out.

I did as I was told and he helped me hop out. The sun was instantly my worse enemy.

"Let's go, I'm leaving my cart here so I don't lose it." Daniel said as he put it up against the garbage bins outside of school.

Nodding my head, I looked around and quickly started jogging to where I left my car.

I immediately regretted it but I had to get off campus.

I heard Daniel groan but he followed suit.

"Listen, we can't be driving in this car for to long so we'll have to leave it somewhere close to one of my dad's company buildings so it doesn't get stolen." I said.

"Why?" Daniel said.

"Cause the car itself stands out to much." I said as I finally saw my father's car in sight.

"Holy shit! That's a Bentley!" I heard Daniel exclaimed.

"Yea and you need to be careful when driving it, I'm would do it myself but the sun will be hurting me to much." I said as I grabbed my dad's cell phone.

I turned it off a while ago because knowing my father he would disactivated it once it on or track it. knowing my father, he'll probably called the phone company to disactivated it as soon as it was on since he might have knew by now I didn't have the car key.

Aaron did.

Once we finally got next to the car, I took a deep breath and turned the phone on.

When it was finally turned on, I knew we had a few minutes before my dad found out it was on again.

"Get in!" I yelled as soon as I unlocked the doors with the phone.

Daniel did as he was told and got in the driver's seat.

I immediately turned the car on.

"You need to drive here." I said as I put in one of my dad's building's address into the GPS.

Nodding his head, Daniel pulled out of the parking space.

"Why the rush though?" Daniel asked.

"Because my father can do one of two things; disactivated the phone and then the car will only work for a few minutes or track the cell." I said.

"Shit this feels like an action movie." Daniel said as he smiled widely.

Rolling my eyes, I chuckled.

"Well I don't want to be apart of it. I remember doing this once and my dad tracked my phone and yelled at me. He was so pissed."

"Eh you're only young once." Daniel said as he started speeding up.

We were a good 5 minutes from where my dad's company building was at when I heard the phone go off.

"Shit." I mumbled.

"What?" Daniel asked.

"He decided to disactivated the phone. For safety purposes the car will continue to drive for only a few minutes." I said as I rubbed my eyes.

"Well then, let's get the show on the roll!" Daniel said as he pressed down on the acceleration.

I felt like throwing up right there and then but remember I was in a Bentley.

"Woah! This is so cool!" Daniel yelled as he smiled widely.

"No it isn't!" I said as I tried my hardest not to throw up.

Thankful Daniel pulled over, and I was able to see my dad's building from here.

"Great, now let's go." I said as I pushed down on the locks since it couldn't be done automatically without the phone or key.

I then threw my dad's phone under the car seat and closed the door.

"Now what!" Daniel said with another smile.

"Now we get a cab before one of dad's employees notices me." I said as I walked down the sidewalk.

Daniel ended up following me.

We waited until we saw a cab and after 3 long minutes we were able to get one.

We instantly got inside.

"Where to?" The man asked.

"Um a motel, preferably 20 miles from here." I said.

Sighing, the taxi driver started driving.

"This is so instant." I heard Daniel say.

"Yea well, this is my life." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"At least you're not a janitor trying to support your family." Daniel said as he looked out the window.

It finally occurred to me to check Daniel's ring finger.

He was indeed married or so that's what I gathered from the ring on his ring finger.

"You're married, any kids?" I asked.

"Just one 5 year old daughter." Daniel said as he quickly put his hand in his pocket.

He pulled out his wallet and showed a picture he kept inside it.

It was a picture of his family and they were adorable.

"Lucky man." I said as I nodded my head in approval.

"Indeed I am." He said as he put his wallet away.

"Hey Brook?" Daniel said after a long moment of silence.

"Yes?"

"You're not as drunk as you used to be." He whispered.

"Last one I had was around 3 o'clock. I practically threw it all up and was able to sleep for two hours. I'm still eh but I'm better."

"Yea but I mean, you shouldn't be able to hold your liquor the way you do." He whispered again.

"Daniel, first time was when I was 14. I'm not an alcoholic but it takes a lot to get me drunk." I whispered.

"Then why not go home?"

Sighing, I rubbed my eyes.

"Cause I don't want to get murder."

"You need to face what you did."

"Maybe later."

"Brook if my daughter did this, I'll be so worried."

Groaning, I decided he was right but I wanted to see my friends first just in case my mother locked me up in my room and threw away the key.

"Yo driver, new plan. Drive me to Tiger Bridge High." I said before I give him my address. Daniel looked at me confused but I brushed him off.

The driver looked extremely pissed but after I pulled out five 20s from my wallet, he had the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"So I guess you come from money." Daniel said.

"If it wasn't the Bentley that give it away, I don't know what was." I said as I chuckled.

"I thought you had a scholarship." Daniel said.

"Na, I mean I could attend the school with one but my parents don't do charity. They wanted to pay in full to show off their money."

"Let me guess, English?" Daniel asked.

"Also history and math but English was the main reason. I really love reading classic books and recuiting them from memory. Not so good with sciene though. I mean I understand it, i just hate it." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

Nodding his head, Daniel got comfortable in the seat before closing his eyes.

I decided to rest too so I leaned my head against Daniel's shoulder.

He didn't seem to mind.

While I was resting, I started thinking about Emma.

I ended up falling asleep with a smile on my face.

************************************

Brooklyn's Pov:

"You breath still smells."

"Well do you have gum?"

"Yea, here."

Digging into his pocket, Daniel pulled out a pack of gum before handing me one.

"Thank you." I said as I unwrapped it.

I watched as Daniel also took a piece of gum before putting it back into his pocket.

"You're welcome but you do know it's lunch time right? You'll end up throwing the gum away if you decide to eat." Daniel said as he started pushing his cart back up the small ramp.

"Yea but I've had the taste of throw up for the pass few hours." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I know, I've been smelling it." Daniel said.

"Why are you so chill with me?" I asked as I realized we've been with each other for a good few hours but acted like we known each other longer.

"Brook, I've been working in this school for 5 years now. I've seen you before and honestly, you're the only dam student to yell like a wild Banji. It's hard to forget someone who been slapped so many times on their cheek by other females. Besides, if my daughter was in your position I would like someone to help her." Daniel said as he continued to walk.

The sun wasn't out so I was glad I didn't have to deal with the headache it'll give me but Daniel was still sweating. The man had black hair and dark brown eyes but he looked to be only 25.

As I was staring at him, my eyes caught something in the distance.

I immediately smirked as I walked over to it.

Daniel of course stopped and stared at me as I bend down to receive the rose.

"Brook please tell me you're going to take its roots too so it'll survive." Daniel said.

"Yea yea, just hand me a plastic bag please."

I heard ruffling sounds from behind me and as I looked over my shoulder, I saw the plastic bag Daniel was handing to me.

"Thank you very much." I said as I grabbed it and place only the roots and dirty into the bag.

"You're welcome but why do you want the rose?" Daniel asked.

"Oh you'll see." I said as I smirked and got up.

Daniel and I ended up walking to the cafeteria together while he talked to me about his family.

He was very proud of his family and was glad I didn't mind when he told me stories of his daughter.

I wished my parents were like him; proud of what he helped create.

When we finally got close to the cafeteria, I told Daniel to go in first.

With a push of his cart and a shrugged of his shoulder, he entered the cafeteria.

I counted to five before I headed inside.

************************************

Emma's Pov:

"Yea no, my brother told me that Chloe said Brook didn't return home at all last night."

"Honestly, Brook is pretty stupid, she's a material girl in a mad world. She needs to get over herself." Koby said as he continued eating his food.

It seemed like Brook was the topic of the school. Tons of students saw her little outbursts yesterday after school and rumors were spreading like wildfire.

There was even one where Brook got so upset with her parents that she decided to become a stripper just to annoy her mother.

I couldn't help but to roll my eyes at that one.

The only person who knew anything of Brook was that janitor and myself.

"Hello, Earth to Emma!"

Looking up from my plate of food, I looked around the table.

"Huh?"

Rolling her eyes, Jenna spoke up again.

"I asked if you were going to use your fork."

"Oh no take it." I said as I passed it to her.

She smiled and thanked me. I was about to respond to her but a loud sound cut me off.

Searching around the cafeteria, my eyes soon landed on the doors.

Standing right in front of them, was none other than Brooklyn. I guess she slammed the glass door so hard it clash into the glass wall causing it to crack a bit.

"Oh no.." I thought to myself.

The last time I saw her, she was drunk.

She had her hands behind her back and before the silence was lost, she spoke up.

"Tis but thy name that is my enemy.
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague." Brook said as a smirk appeared on her face.

Quickly looking around, I tried my hardest to find Aaron and Chloe. When my eyes finally landed on them, Aaron was half up while Chloe just stared at Brook with her mouth wide open.

Turning my head, I returned my attention to Brook.

It seemed like she was waiting for my eyes to be back on her because the second they were, she continued to speak.

"What's Montague? It is not hand, nor foot, nor arm nor face. O be some other name belonging to a man!" Brook said as she took steps closer to me.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought she was in drama class.

When she was finally a good 3 feet from me, she smiled before continuing.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other word would smell as sweet." Brook said as she finally moved her hands from her back.

My eyes immediately went down to her hands as I saw a rose sitting at her palms.

Not knowing what to do, I slowly grabbed the rose out of her hands as I saw her smile.

"Give it life before it dies." Brook whispered as she smiled once more before looking up.

I was so shocked that I ended up just sitting there as I watched Brook walk away.

She seemed to be heading to her friend's table but my eyes soon landed on the rose she gave me.

She purposely took out the roots of the rose so it could live if placed back in the ground.

The only question though is, why?

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

15.7K 501 62
Alone. A simple word that has always held many meanings to Ella, and starting her senior year at a new high school, solitude had seemed the easiest w...
3.6K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
125K 3.7K 77
Many people think that the hardships faced in one's childhood can make you stronger. Elijah thinks that's complete crap. After a childhood that cons...
3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...