The Teacher Next Door

By writtenbylexy

A teacher and a student can never be together . . . so what happens when they're no longer teacher and studen... More

To The Readers
Chapter 1: Mr. Babe
Chapter 2: New neighbor
Chapter 3: First day on the job
Chapter 4: "Everyone hates me."
Chapter 5: Oh no she didn't...
Chapter 6: Speechless
Chapter 7: Surprise
Chapter 8: Rough fall
Chapter 9: Stuck
Chapter 10: A little weird
Chapter 11: Claire's Plan
Chapter 12: Michael's song
Chapter 13: A trip to the Principles office
Chapter 14: Detention with Mr. Jackson
Chapter 15: After the detention...
Chapter 16: Caught
Chapter 17: Mary's birthday
Chapter 18: Mary's birthday (to be continued)
Chapter 19: Mary's birthday (to be continued)
Chapter 20: Mary's birthday (to be continued)
Chapter 21: Mary's birthday (to be continued)
Chapter 22: Mary's birthday (to be continued)
Chapter 23: Mary's birthday (final part)
Chapter 24: Back to work
Chapter 25: Chaotic Dinner ~ Part 1
Chapter 26: Chaotic Dinner ~ Part 2
Chapter 27: Chaotic Dinner ~ Part 3
Chapter 28: The ring
Chapter 29: The plan
Chapter 30: Stuck with Michael
Chapter 31: Driving
Chapter 32: Trapped
Chapter 34: Confused
Chapter 35: Bringing Claire down
Chapter 36: Claire's Party ~ Part 1
Chapter 37: Claire's Party ~ Part 2
Chapter 38: Graduation
Chapter 39: The Pizza Man
Chapter 40: Stay With Me?
Chapter 41: Infinity Awaits
Chapter 42: First... And last day
Chapter 43: New Beginnings
Chapter 44: Ice-Cream Crotch
Chapter 45: Just Seeing His Smile
Chapter 46: I Don't Feel Good
Chapter 47: Here Come The Tears
Chapter 48: Oh...
Chapter 49: Dear John
Chapter 50: El-Em-Aye-Oh!
Chapter 51: Straight To The Point
Chapter 52: Text Message
Chapter 53: Life Gets Harder
Authors Note
NEW STORY {Mary.}
The Sequel! {The Teacher Across the Hall}
Important Update!

Chapter 33: The truth revealed

5K 245 243
By writtenbylexy

Michael's POV

We just arrived at the hospital. Mary was wheeled into her room while I'm in the waiting room panicking... I almost lost her. I can not lose that girl. She's the only reason why I'm happy. I'll lose my mind if something ever happens to her.

She didn't have any burns, she just had a lot of smoke and chemicals in her lungs... I don't know how serious it is, but I don't want to find out. I just want her to be okay. I think it would be smart if I call Michelle... I have Mary's phone on me so I can contact her and tell her everything that happened. I mean, she's Mary's best friend. It's best that she knows.

I turn on Mary's iPhone, which surprisingly doesn't have a pass code, and unlock it. I look through all of her contacts until I see a, 'Michelle ♥'

It rings two times before she picks up. "Mary?"

I clear my throat. "Um, no... It's Mr. Jackson."

"Mr. Jackson? What are you doing with Mary's phone?"

"Well... There's something I need to talk to you about. It's about Mary."

"Oh my God.. Is she okay? Did something happen to her?"

I sigh. "I don't necessarily know if she's okay..."

"What?! What the heck happened?!"

"She wanted to learn how to drive... So, I thought I would teach her after school. Long story short, we ended up crashing into a tree and getting lost in the woods. I got her out of the car, she wasn't hurt or anything, and I carried her far away from the car when I saw it smoking. The car exploded. then it caught all of the trees on fire so we tried to find a way out. We found a desert, but then I said something to Mary that made her mad... So she went back in the woods and got stuck somewhere. I was looking for her everywhere and I couldn't see because of all the fire and smoke. I saw that there were a lot of fire trucks and ambulances, so I got them to look for her with me. Eventually, we found her. She was running low on oxygen... We got her to the hospital, and now I don't know what's going on."

"Holy shit! I hope she's okay! Oh my God! Thank you for telling me, Mr. Jackson! Listen, I have to go, but please update me when you find out what the deal is! Thank you! Bye."

"Bye." I say before hanging up the phone.

...

Ross' POV

"What?!" I yell into the phone.

"Yeah.. She's in the hospital right now."

"Holy shit! Are you fucking serious?!"

"Dang, calm down on the cuss words."

I sigh. "Sorry... What hospital is she at? I just got back home from San Diego."

"Um.. She's at the one closest to the school. She's there with Mr. Jackson."

"Mr. Jackson? Why is he there?"

"Um... You'll have to ask him about that."

I rub my forehead. "Okay.. Thanks for telling me."

"Yeah, sure. Good luck, Ross. Please tell me if she's okay."

"Yeah, I will. Bye."

...

Michael's POV

15 minutes later

I hear the doctor come in the room and I open my eyes. Did I really fall asleep? That's embarrassing.

"Is there anyone here by the last name of Gregory?"

A man stands up with a worried expression on his face. "That's me."

"Okay, Mr. Gregory... You can see your son now." The doctor tells him. The man nods before walking out of the room. As the man is walking through the doorway, so is Ross.

What the hell is he doing here?

"Mr. Jackson!"

"What, Ross?" I roll my eyes.

He gives me a funny look but ignores it. "Um... Where is Mary? Is she okay?" He asks me.

"I don't know."

He groans and rubs his face. "Damn, I just want her to be alright... What happened?"

"Well-"

The door opens and a nurse comes in the room. "Who's here for Mary?"

"Me!" Ross and I say at the same time. We both give each other the evil eye.

"Um... Are any of you related?" She asks us.

"No.. But I'm here teacher." I say.

"Well, I'm here boyfriend!" Ross adds.

The nurse smiles at Ross. "Only one person at a time can see her, and I do believe that the boyfriend has the right to."

"Ugh." I groan, before sliding back into my chair.

"Sorry, sir." She says before leading Ross out of the room to see Mary.

My Mary.

My girl.

...

Mary's POV

I sigh as I pick up a magazine on the table next to my bed. It's a Vogue magazine with Kylie Jenner on the front. No thanks.

"Mary!"

I look up and see Ross standing in the doorway holding white roses. My favorite flower.

"Ross! I'm so glad you're here!" I say.

He puts the roses on a chair next to the door and kisses me. "Mary... Oh God... Are you gonna be okay?"

I nod and notice that his eyes are glossy.

"Aww, please don't cry, Ross."

He kneels down before me and holds my hand. "It's just that... Michelle told me what happened to you and I thought, you wouldn't make it. I don't want to lose you.. I know it's only been a week and a half... But I... Really like you."

I smile. "I really like you too, Ross."

"Promise you'll be okay?"

I nod. "I promise."

He kisses my cheek and Michael walks in. Ross gives me a look and I shrug.

"Uh... The doctor says it is my turn to see her now." He tells Ross.

Ross nods and gives me a peck on the lips before walking out of the room. Michael awkwardly moves the roses off the chair and takes a seat.

...

Michael's POV

This is my chance. I have to do this before I lose her for good. I can't lose her again.

"How are you doing?" I ask.

"Good." She replies.

We sit in awkward silence until she finally says something.

"About the kiss..."

"Mary." I cut her off. "The kiss wasn't a mistake. I.. Wanted to kiss you."

Her eyes widen. "... What?"

Here it goes.

"Mary, there's something... I... I have a confession."

She nods quickly waiting for me to go on.

"I know this is so wrong for me to say... Because I'm your teacher, and you're my student... But I'm just gonna say it so you know how I really feel." Her eyes get glossy and she bites her lip. "Today, I thought I lost you for good... And I could never ever live with the guilt if something ever happened to you. I wouldn't be the same..." I take a deep breath. "Mary, ever since I met you on the first day of school... I noticed how special and unique you were. Of course I thought you were pretty, but I didn't feel attraction towards you... Until the day we watched 'The Fault In Our Stars' together. That's when I realized what I was feeling for you wasn't normal."

I get up from the chair and walk over to her bed. I hold her hand and look into her eyes. "Mary... you shouldn't be with Ross."

"Why?" She asks me, as a tear is streaming down her cheek.

I wipe the tear before saying, "Because I'm in love with you."

~ To be continued ~

A/N: Hey guys! So... that ending was pretty intense, wasn't it? XD I'll update soon! I promise! ♥ And also, could you do me a big favor and subscribe to youngxolove and I's YouTube channel? We love making videos and I posted a new one today! The link to my channel is in my bio on my profile! Thank you for reading!

- Lexy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.6K 2.2K 37
❝It's not a trend, it's an addiction.❞ ☑︎ completed lowercase intended.
556K 26.9K 53
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
677K 13.8K 43
Jenna Toussaint is a college senior who, after much angst, is finally taking the one class she's openly avoided, in order to graduate. The professor...
97.7K 1.5K 82
"You look gorgeous." "Just fuck me already." Y/N x Michael - ¡In this imagine you get to experience different worlds every chapter where you'll spend...