Red vs Blue: Chronicle

Da PinkAura

Agent Minnesota was an undercover agent of Project Freelancer. Working behind the scenes of her trusted team... Altro

Agent Minnesota--AI: Beta
Red vs Blue: Chronicle
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 26

859 25 11
Da PinkAura

Project Freelancer, Many Years Ago

I stood up and looked around. My hand felt fine, so I unrapped the bandage, where the skin was still pink.

The Mother of Invention was dark. It felt like there was an intruder...

There were intruders, weren't there?

I looked around for my armour. Not in here. I was going to have to get back to my dorm without being noticed by someone... or in worst case scenario, something.That's when a blaring white light blinded me, and I shielded myself.

It was a search party, just a group full of Freelancer soldiers. They had my armour, and behind them, was Washington. I grumbled, taking my armour and putting it on. Wash handed me a battle rifle and started a COM channel.

"Insurrectionists," he said.

"Figured as much," I replied.

"Well, aren't you going to thank me?" he asked.

"Thanks," I said, not arguing with him. He was taken aback by this.

We walked for awhile not speaking when Illinois entered our COM. She was panicing and we couldn't understand her.

"I was putting the systems back online and then Co disappeared! When he got back he was bloody and I'm scared, The Director is hiding and if I don't get the Mother of Invention back up then he's going to hate me but what do I do with Co because he's hurt and I feel the obligation to help him!" she said all in one breath.

"Illinois, calm down. I'm sending Mini, she'll turn the Mother back on and you can help Co." Wash said calmly, and I glared at him. Actually, it was better if I went with Illinois because being with an oddly friendly Wash was just plain old awkward.

Wash lead me to where Illinois was with Co, whom laid in a small puddle of his own blood. Wash ran over, sending his team off to keep searching. He gave Co a med back, and some pain relievers, while I headed to work on the main frames of the ship.

There were too many screens and buttons I had to hit at the same time. "Illinois!" I shouted at the girl and she darted over, wiping her bloodied hands on her armour. I pointed at things I needed her to do, and she knew what she was doing, thank the lord.

Soon enough, the majority of our team was in the room with us. Carolina did a head count. Wash, Co, Illinois, North, South, Wyoming, York, and herself. Where was Maine?

I worked for a bit before Maine stalked in with someone over his shoulder. Bama?

"Maine," I snapped at him, and he put Bama down, who crossed her arms and slumped. He came over and growled. "You know she doesn't like you, so why do you bother?" I asked quietly.

He shook his head angrily. "Why did you bring her here?" I asked sharply.

He growled and walked away, not continuing our conversation. I went back to working with Illinois for a little bit, lost in my thoughts for the longest time.

I wasn't a big fan of Bama. She was just... Hm, I guess I didn't really have a valid reason to be her friends, nor her enemy so I just didn't like her? Maybe because her and Maine had a thing for awhile. I just... don't ship it.

I remembered the time that Maine told... well growled to me that he had slept with Bama. I was shocked, and tried to tell South and North discreetly, after she had slept with Conner, which I heard (literally heard the "OOH"s and moaning, so it was a bit horrifying) the night before, and then Conner came and attacked us. Well, tried to attack us, but then he cheated with Omicron and somehow threw me against a wall, but that doesn't matter now.

Don't see his name on the leaderboard, now do I?

I was pulled out of my thoughts when someone placed their hand on my shoulder. I turned to the person, whom I assumed to be Maine or York, but it was Wash. I forgot we had a com open when he made it private.

"Hey," he said.

"Um, hi?" I replied questioningly.

"I just... Was thinking while you we're out. I'm sorry," he announced.

"After you kissed Illinois' cheek?" I snapped without even glancing at Wash.

"That was a mistake," he pulled me to look at him. The Councillor nor Director were no where in sight, that was good.

"Okay," I replied bluntly, trying to get back to my work. He didn't reply, so I took it as he was done talking. I thought it was odd he didn't walk away though. I was already back at work when I felt my helmet getting tugged off. I turned around to see who was taking it off, but by the time I was all the way around, I felt lips pressing against mine.

Instinctively, I gave in. I guess this means that I forgive him, huh?

I heard someone wolf whistling and I whipped around, accidentally breaking the kiss to see who it was. It was York, with a widely grinning North on one side. Co was laughing his ass off, sitting up, and Illinois stopped working to giggle.

"You guys are so cute!" She screamed like a giddy school girl. I blushed and tried to get back to work but Wash pulled me back. My face was burning as I whispered into his ear. "David, they're all looking at us."

"I know," he replied, kissing my neck.

"Please stop," I wanted to get back to work, but he seemed to have found my soft spot.

"Avery, just a little time won't hurt. C'mon, we can get The Mother of Invention back on later. Right now Avery, I think you should come with me." What!?!? Was he suggesting that we...? My eyes widened and I turned to face him.

"David, this is not the time." I spoke quickly.

"You're right, I'm sorry." He said, kissing me again.

I turned, pulled on my helmet to hide my blushing face and got back to work while Wash walked over to York and North.

Illinois skipped over to me, asking a whole bunch of questions, which were just jumbled up, and forgotten while I worked. I just nodded everytime I heard her peppy voice.

"It's back on!" She screeched.

I let out a whooping noise, as everyone got ready to go to the comand bridge. Illinois let her shoulders drop from the tensed position she was in before. I looked to her and patted her on the back before I turned away and headed towards the Bridge.

Pats on the back, I got a whole bunch of them. People congratulating Illinois and I for getting the ship back online. During that time of us returning to the bridge, we were able to make a jump away from the insurrectionists, which wasn't our first choice. Rather, our last resort.

I went and stood next to Wash, whom of which grabbed my hand gently and squeezed it once. The Director walked in, and I attempted to let go of his hand, but Wash held a tight grip on it. The Director didn't see it, I don't think, but The Councilor shot us a look, more than once.

I tuned out of the speech, my mind a racing mess. How could all of my problems be over so easily? That's right, they're not. I still have to deal with Maine. I looked at him but he was currently paying attention to The Director's speech.

I was starting to get so bored, so I decided a private COM with extra-extra security sounded like a good idea. I made one between Wash and I.

"I'm so booored," I whined when it was established.

"Shhh," Wash hushed me.

"Please don't tell me you're actually paying attention to this," I said.

"Pfft, no I'm not. I tuned out of it before it was too late." He laughed.

"Oh yes! So I'm not the only person who's not interested in this,"

"I don't think anyone is, honestly. Here, wanna add Co, North and Illinois to the conversation?" He asked.

"How come? Do you think they're bored too?" I questioned.

"I was just talking to them, well, messaging them." He replied.

I laughed and added them to the COM. "Boo," I whispered.

"Hey Mini!" Illinois said in her peppy voice.

"You guys are all bored as hell too?" Asked North.

"What even is he talking about anymore?" Wondered Wash.

"Fuck if I know," Said Co.

"You are all now dismissed," FINALLY said The Director, and we all got out of there as fast as possible.

Wash still hadn't let go of my hand, when I felt someone karakte chop them apart. I whipped my head around to see South standing there without her helmet one, glaring at me.

"What the hell?" I asked, angry.

"You two can show your affection, ANYWHERE but infront of The Director." She hissed.

"Excuse me?" I laughed. "Weren't you the one who hit on Mass when he first got here?"

She put on her helmet, and slowed down, melting into the crowd behind her.

"I heard my name!" A voice suddenly screached. "I heard someone say my name!"

Mass.

"Yes Mass, I did say your name." I said.

"Really? Why?" He snapped suddenly.

"Um, does it matter?" I snorted.

Wash grabbed my hand again and squeezed it hard, telling me to not engage in a stupid fight.

"Yeah, actually. Knowing your nature, you like to spread rumors about me." He retorted.

I laughed. "I only state the facts,"

Wash pulled me close and whispered to not do anything stupid, and just to keep walking. "Oh so you're going to let Washington be your savior?"

I tried to ignore him, I really did...

But instead he got a punch to the face.

"Hey! What was that for?" He yelled.

"For being a douche bag," I scoffed.

"Really Wash? You're going to let your girlfriend defend you?" Mass was really fucking annoying right now. I felt like punching him again, but I didn't. Last time I punched him, I used my bad hand, seeing as my other one was being held by Wash, and that didn't end up too well, and now my hand was throbbing lightly.

"She can do whatever she pleases," Wash stated calmly.

"Ugh!" Mass said before he stalked off down a different hallway. I laughed at him, and hopefully he didn't hear me.

As we came to my dorm, I stopped and Wash pulled off my helmet, giving me a goodnight kiss to the forehead before he left me standing there, no words.

I could feel my face burning, GOD DAMMIT.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

351K 7.1K 194
You were one of the first freelancers and one of the best you could never fill a mission no matter what happens you always succeed no matter who you...
56.6K 974 23
[BOOK 1 OF AGENT ALASKA SERIES] Agent Alaska is known as the first Freelancer in the Project... and also the secret experimental agent. At first, Ala...
1.7K 67 19
Anabeth had everything good friends, happily married, and kids. Project Freelancer was over. But everything changed friends went missing or dead. Now...
16.5K 342 22
[BOOK 3 OF THE AGENT ALASKA SERIES] After winning the war against the Chairman, the heros retire to their own personal isolated moon, provided by Kim...