Angels don't have tattoos

By Phoebe_Beecher

There are so many books out there about Vampires and werewolves..but what about the other supernatural commun... More

Chapter Two(Edited)
Chapter Three(Edited)
Chapter Four (Edited)
Chapter Five (Edited)
Chapter Six (Edited)
Chapter Seven (Edited)
Chapter Eight (Edited)
Chapter Nine (Edited)
Chapter Ten(Edited)
Chapter Eleven (Edited)
Chapter Twelve(Edited)
Chapter Thirteen(Edited)
Chapter Fourteen (Edited)
Chapter Fifteen (Edited)
Chapter Sixteen (Edited)
Chapter Seventeen (Edited)
Chapter Eighteen (Edited)
Chapter Nineteen (Edited)
Chapter Twenty (Edited)

Chapter One(Edited)

1.1K 63 12
By Phoebe_Beecher

VERY VERY IMPORTANT NOTE!!

If you are a first time reader, I apologize that the first 18 chapters are going to be on the shorter side. This book has gone under some MAJOR editing. Long story short after two months of still having chapter say 'under construction' It started to annoy me. So I've taken the 82 pages that were the first 6 chapters and divided them up. 

If you are a reader that knew this book as save me you will need to start from the beginning seeing as there are a lot of changed that I made to the story line when I was editing it. There was just so may moments where I cringed. So I totally rewrote the story line. But know now there are some STEAMY SCENES!!! Be warned. This book has taken a darker tone to it. 

If you are one of the amazing people that know it as its title now. Chapter 6, which is the chapter I should be posting now, will be broke up into different chapters. This will be the last shorter chapter, then they will return to being 12-20 pages long 

 WARNING DARK THEMES AHEAD

------------------------------------------

I had never believed in the supernatural, though the thought that their might be some heavenly beings watching down on me, would always comfort me when I was younger. But it wasn't until I met him, that I began believing in the supernatural. It was when he broke the oath that he swore when he was 12 years old, that my eyes finally opened, changing my life forever. Literally.

"I'm so sorry" murmured my mother as she stroked the side of my face, her baby blue eyes filling with tears.

"I-I never thought it was that bad! I wish you just would've..." She sobbed and leaned over the hospital bed rail to hug me tightly, continuing to blabber on.

My ribs ached at how tightly she squeezed me. I sucked in breath through my teeth as to not let her know how badly this hug hurt. Her hand tried to move in a comforting way up and down my spine but it just caused shooting pain.The horrible fact of the matter was that I despised her. Even though I continued to let her hug me.

I despised my mother, how she choose her new husband over me. She stood by Jeff over and over again. It was easy for her because she wasn't the one who suffered from his blows. It was me who had to deal with his belt overtime he got mad. It was me that he would throw like a rag doll across the room. Never my mother, but me.

I shivered at the memories. She had stood by him in that little yellow kitchen and said that I was over reacting. That he was getting help, and if it were to get around town he would loose his job at the station. Jeff just had a very hard job and sometimes, as my mother put it, I rebelled and acted like a typical teen. Every time she opened her mouth she blamed everyone but him.

There were rules put in place, to curb his anger. I wasn't allowed to have friends over, I wasn't allowed to stay out or go to other people's houses. I had to come right home from school. He had even made me quit my part time job.

There was one time I had stayed after school to help tutor one of my classmates, at my teachers request of course. The next thing you know I see his cruiser pulling up to the school and he's storming inside and demanding to know why I was late getting home. The boy I was helping almost pissed his pants. Jeff assumed that I was with this boy to hook up with him, He started screaming about how I was dirtying the family name by whoring myself out. It was soon after that event that all of the rules were put in place.

That was just in the beginning, the first time he ever did anything to me was no less than four years ago. I had just got home from school and was desperately in need of a shower. I heard the door knob turning. He had easily unlocked the door with the key from above the door frame and walked in. So I knew, he knew someone was in the bathroom.

"Sorry Jeff I was just finishing-" my words were caught short by his hands wrapping themselves around my neck.

His fingers squeezed tight for a second, cutting of my air supply. His nails dug into my skin as he leaned close to me and exhaled a puff of cigarette smoke. The smell of tobacco wafted to my nose and almost made me gag. That smell of tobacco and vanilla body wash would be branded inside my brain for the rest of my life.

"J-Jeff?!" I managed to stutter out. His hands released their hold on my neck, only to dig his fingernails into my collar bone.

In that moment It was like I was stuck by lightning. I whirled around to smack him across the face. His head whipped to the side and my hand tingled from the force of impact. Jeff slowly rolled his jaw, a red mark was beginning to blossom on his left cheek. But what scared the shit out of me was that dangerous look in his eyes after I slapped him. They had a predator look in them.

"You bitch" he whispered lowly.

His next movements where to pull my towel off of my soaked body and to implant the tip of his cigarette into my shoulder. The feel of burning flesh is something no one should ever have to go through. His night of torture went on for the next hour and a half.

My mother had to work late that night much to his delight. I had screamed at first, but my voice soon became hoarse. Every time he implanted the butt of his cigarette into my skin, he'd lick the burnt flesh. It was towards the end when I heard his grunts of pleasure, and felt his warm seed spill of my fresh scars, did I throw up.

He leaned over and whispered. "Your mine now. Remember this the next time you flirt with boys. My mark will always be on you," he spoke his finally words as he twisted a freshly lit cigaret onto my collar bone.

My mother had arrived shortly later and I heard her downstairs, cheerfully greeting Jeff. He said he was making her favorite dish. My mother had asked where I was and he had casually replied that I was up in my room because I hadn't felt well after school. She had tried to come up to see me but he had distracted her with the promise of dessert. I could hear her giggling, it was like she was mocking me.

Two years later, I had worked up the courage to tell her. She only said that he was under a lot of stress at work. That he was only trying to make sure that I wouldn't grow up to be like the women he arrested. He was just showing me tough love, that everything he did really wasn't that bad. My thoughts were so jumbled that I cant even remember them properly. I just remember all the hope that I had poured into my confession, was draining out of me.

I thought Jeff would kill me two years later. The week my mother went away on a business trip. But luckily for me, when she heard that Jeff had called in three days being sick and I had as well. She cut it short and came home that Thursday. Only to find him in a compromising position. I was laying face down on the ground while he came all over my freshly beaten back.

I cant imagine what It was like for her. But as I sat here in the hospital bed letting her hug me I continued to feel only hatred for this woman. The only good thing she ever did was call the police after she found us. When Jeff's fellow police men showed up on the scene they couldn't believe their eyes. This wasn't something that happened in a small town.

It was a blur to me as Jeff and my mother were taken into custody, so many people flashed in front of my face, they all asked question. The questions ran together to become what seemed to be a flowing stream of words. But I wasn't paying attention, all I could think about was that I was free. Free from that monster who called himself a man. It was when I was loaded into the ambulance that the questions of the EMT finally registered.

"He did it" Was the only thing I spoke, their eyes shown with sympathy and horror.

Jeff was a small town hero who had married the woman whose husband had left her suddenly. He was seen as someone who all men should mold themselves to be, taking on a younger daughter and a broken hearted women.

The abuse was a four year long tragedy. My mother was blissfully married for four and a half years before all the secrets spilled out. The picture perfect image she so desperately wanted had caught fire and burned. This wasn't the first time she had worked so hard to make a prefect family, only to watch it all crumple before her.

She had always been the talk of the town, considering that she and my dad managed the company that brought most of the people to our small town of Felmira. My father and mother owned Felmira hydrants Inc. All across the US where fire hydrants that Felmira hydrants made. It was a company passed down to them by my mothers father, and they had turned it into a multi million dollar business. Everyone wanted to be us in the earlier years. I could still remember children in Pre-K fighting each other to sit next to me. It all changed when word got around town about my father and his secretary.

Everyone thought she was stupid for staying with him for so long when he had been cheating on her for almost a year. Similar to her now crumpling marriage, she thought that she could somehow patch it back together. Her first marriage ended in a rather public way, it seemed like her second marriage would be ending similarly.

I tried to feel sympathy or something for the blue eyed woman who called herself my mother, but as she cried on my shoulder, but it never came. Thus, I was left to continue on acting as if I actually cared for her.

________

Don't forget to comment and vote! Every comment is much appreciated!

X.o.X.o

P.H.B

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8M 151K 36
(18+) "My mom is coming home any minute" I moan against his lips, my hands tugging up his shirt that covered his tone body "Ya sรจ" His deep, sexy v...
10M 468K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
9.8K 376 24
This is a Stiles Stilinski FanFiction for all you Teen Wolf lovers! Stiles is becoming mentally ill once again, much like before; only this time by...
20.3K 323 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...