His Devilish Ways (ON HOLD)

By corrinebaby

"Let's be honest, You need my help to pay rent and I need a place to stay." Damon said as he got closer to me... More

(1) Talking Business
(2) Adjusting
(3) Cheating
(4) Lies
(5) Shannon
(6) Fearful eyes
(7) In Hell
(8) Heated Conversations
(9) Seeing Stars
(10) Scars
(11) Nothing But Trouble
(12) Food and Phone Calls
(13) Snapping People
(14) His Ex
(15) Odds In Her Favor
(16) When Tempers Flare
(17) The Barbecue.... Part 1
(19) Whispering My Name
(20) Rule Changer
(21) Bruises?
(22) The Gala
(23) Explosive
(24) Shoulders to Lean On
(25) Old Wounds
(26) Important
(27) Tender Moments
(28) All I Want is You
Question
(29) Envelope Oh Envelope
(30) I'm Fcked ⬆️
(31) Preview
(32) Unsure
Its been awhile...
My Decision

(18) The Barbcue.... Part 2

1.5K 70 8
By corrinebaby

"I remembered at an early age that my mother hated me, my first memory of her was her letting my siblings eat in front of me while I wasn't allowed to eat nothing. According to my "mom" I was always a bad kid and I never deserve anything. I made good grades in school, tried to me a good girl, but it was never enough. At first she let my father come over and visit me or I would go to his house, but she stopped  that when he reduced the money he gave her, plus she didn't like that fact we had a strong bond. We moved around constantly and when he would find us we would move again, and of course it was my fault and I was punished for it. I was public enemy number one in that house, it's true that I have a brother and a sister on my mom's side. Unfortunately we never have had a close relationship because she played them against me. When my mom got angry, for any reason my brother and sister would blame me and my sister would beat me up while my brother just watched or sometime he participated by holding me down, but I didn't hold them accountable for what they did as kids because my mom taught them to do that. Now when they became older I blamed them for adding to my personal hell in that house.

When I stayed with my mom I had no protector, no one came to my defense, no one cared about me and no one loved me. Even after I left that horrid house I didn't love myself, I used to think that dirt on the ground was worth more than my own life. I never tell people what she did to me so they think I have no reason to be angry at my mom, but I do. Some of the things she did.... I never even told anyone because saying them at loud means admitting that they actually happened and it wasn't some type of sick nightmare." I said as Monica held me. The tears still streamed down my face. I only told her a very small part of what happened to me as a child.

"If you didn't have a mother as a protector you do now." Monica said quietly and she made me cry harder. This woman, who I just met has a heart of gold. I can see why Damon loves her so much.  I don't why, but there is something about her that makes me feel like I can trust her. I cried for a few more minutes and then they slowed down some. I knew I still had so much anger and emotions inside that could be crying for days. I pulled back from Monica's hold to see tears streaming down her face too.

"If you need anything, you need to talk to someone, or you need to vent just call me. Day or night it doesn't  matter." Monica said to me making me feel guilty for lying about begin with Damon.

"You don't have to do that." I protested, but she laid a hand on mine.

"You are now family, and I look out for my family and I protect my family." Monica said simply.

"I don't know what to say."

"Then don't say anything, but Carter?" She trailed off.

"Yes?"

"Tell Damon when your ready, only when your ready." She said my eyes widened, how she know I haven't said anything.

"I can tell by how you reacted, but that's okay. You will know when you're ready to tell him and he'll know when he's ready to tell you himself." Monica referred to our conversation.

"This conversation we just had won't leave this room, I promise." I said looking at Monica.

"I know it won't, we have to fix our faces before we walk out of the room." Monica said softly smiling at me. I laughed because I forgot. Oh how it felt so good to laugh again. Monica gave me some eye drops to clear up my red eyes and she used the drops as well. We both used a tissue to wash away the dried up tears on our face.

She squeezed my hand smiled at me, "Ready?"

I laughed, "I'm ready as I'll ever be."

We walked out the office silently and we walked into the living room people let out breaths, "She's alright." one man said who's name I couldn't remember.

"I thought you killed the girl, Monica." Damon's grandma said who's name I just remember is Aquila.

"We just talked Mamma."

"For two and half hours?" Aquila said with an eyebrow raised.

"Two and half hours!?" Monica and I said in shock, I never checked the time.

"That's what I said didn't I?"

"Carter?" I heard Damon said with worry lines creasing his forehead.

"Hey." I waved.

"You okay?" he asked me when he reached me.

"I'm fine."

"Mom and grandma, I going to steal her back." Damon said which the woman encouraged him to take me away.

"My grandpa said my mom wanted to talk to you and you two don't appear till three hours later, what happened?"

I've always been told my poker face was amazing, but that was about to be put to the test because I wasn't going to tell Damon anything, "I don't think I should repeat the conversation."

"But-"

"If you want to know I think you should ask your mom."

"Never mind, she wouldn't tell me shit, never mind. Let's go to the backyard." Damon said pulling me to the backyard. It was beautiful, the backyard was huge and there was so many people doing so many activities. There was people in the pool playing and swimming, activities for the little kids to play, there was people on the porch talking and drinking beer or other alcohol beverages , there was music blazing out of big speakers and people was dancing like there was no tomorrow. Damon led me to the porch.

When people saw us they moved so we could have seats, well it was just one seat so I knew I was going to have to sit on Damon's lap again. When we sat, I said hello to everyone and engaged in some conversation, but I stopped talking when it turned to a heated debate about sports. I became quiet and thought about my conversation with Monica. It made since to why Damon blew up at my dad's house, he thought I was taking my mom for granted when the roles where actually reversed because she took me for granted. I finally understood why he got angry at me, but it doesn't make it right for him to judge me without knowing anything about the situation. To think of the reason why Damon's dad life was taken makes me sick. If someone else were to hear about Damon's past they would pity him, but I don't. I don't pity him because I understand him because I've been through tough times too. 

I felt a tap on my thigh, "You okay?" Damon asked.

"I'm fine just a little tired."

"Do you want leave-"

"No. No. we are going to stay, you're spending valuable time with your family. Plus it's interesting to watch you not be an asshole for more than five minutes. Have fun with your family." Damon's eyes stayed on my mine for a moment before he nodded.

"Yo, Damon! Are you going to play or are you going to keep giving your girlfriend the bedroom eyes?" Damon's cousin Paul yelled and everyone that heard him laughed as for me I turned bright red.

He wasn't giving me bedroom eyes, I know how they look and that wasn't it. I thought to myself as I got up to so Damon could play.

"Hey pretty lady," a creepy man said as he sat next to me.

"Um, hi." I said unsure if I should be talking to him.

"I can't believe my nephew Damon has gotten a beautiful, sexy, gorgeous woman like you. Baby why play with a little boy when you have a real man right here." He gestured to himself but real emphasized around his crotch area. So this was the infamous Uncle Eugene.

"I'm good." I said frowning.

"Baby-"

"Eugene, she's trying to be nice. She doesn't want you so move around before Damon two piece your ass for making his girlfriend uncomfortable." My hero Victory said with hands on her hips.

Eugene frown at Victory as he got up silently but when he turned to me he winked and flicked out his tongue before he walked away making my stomach turn a bit.

"Thank you Victory so much. I owe you big time." I said

"I will collect that at a later date then." She said smiling and soon we began to talk about our likes and dislikes.

"Can get your number I could see us hanging out so-" I got distracted by guys yelling. All the saliva in my mouth dried up when I saw a shirtless Damon move across the basketball court gracefully. His body glistened with thin sweat making his tattoos look shiny and his six pack more appealing. I couldn't take my eyes off him, it was like they where stuck. The guys stopped playing and Damon turned around and caught me checking him out, then he did the impossible, he winked at me a and went back to play.

"Really?" Victory said and when I turned to her she wore a smirk on her face.

"Huh?"

"You didn't hear anything I said did you?" She asked me, the smirk never left her face.

"I'm sorry, I just-"

"Got distracted." She said finishing my sentence. I blushed in response.

"I swear the sexual tension you two have is thick." She muttered. The music all of a sudden changed and everyone cheered and went crazy. People that were in the house were now coming out, people that were in the pool were getting out to dance, and the  people that was sitting was now getting up.

"Come on Carter!" Victory screamed over the loud music.

"No you go ahead, I'll just sit this one out." I said making Victory shrug her shoulders in response. I sat and watched the people in front of me having fun. It brought a smile to my lips when I saw the babies dancing wobbly on their feet. I was so caught up with the scene before me that I did notice Damon coming my way.

"Dance with me." He said grabbing my hand to pull me up.

"No Damon." I protested, but he wasn't taking no for an answer.

"Come on have fun. I know you can dance, I saw you at the club so there is no excuse." He said. After a few more of my excuses I finally let Damon lead me to an empty spot on the crowded lawn. We began to dance as another song began to play and the crowd went crazier than before and began to dance harder.

Damon spun me in circle and for some reason I laughed and decided to let go. I didn't want to admit I was have fun the Damon Anderson. We were dancing wildly to the beat of the beat music, his hands on my hips as we danced closely. All I could smell was the manly scent of Damon's cologne... all I could smell was him. The music changed again, but this time the music got more intimate.... When I tried to pull away he grabbed my hips and pulled me back. The dance became more seductive. This time as we danced our eyes never left each other's. No matter I many times I tried to look away.... It was like I couldn't. As the song ended Damon dipped me and brought me back up. Automatically my leg hitched up and Damon held on to my thigh.

Our faces was so close that our noses were touching, we never broke eye contact not once, not even after the song changed to a fast tempo. I noticed my breathing was very heavy.

"Damon." I said, but it came out all needy.

"Huh?"

"Let go." I said quietly.

He nodded but slowly took his hand off my thigh. When he finally broke the eye contact I felt like I could breathe again.

"We should probably head back home now." Damon said not looking at me as we made our way to the the porch.

"Yeah, We probably should." I said agreeing not looking at him either. I couldn't help to think that something has changed between us but I just don't know what it is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

455 33 13
"What are you doing?" she whispered. Her legs were hanging down the counter on both sides of him. Those blue eyes of him looked deep into her soul an...
7.1K 261 18
Emalia is working when suddenly in walks a devastatingly, handsome, stranger. He sits at a table glaring at anyone who walks too close. Seeing him si...
31.7K 1.2K 21
This is Carter. It's become Ava Collins' mantra since she met him in college. A way to remind herself that she isn't like all of the other women fall...
3.7K 160 20
"Cool, lets go!" we jumped off his bed and ran towards his stairway, where he sat on his railing. "What are you doing?" I asked the crazy person. "Be...