Renegade-N.H-

By SJWATTP

Harley Asher and her older brother Carter have lived a whole year without their beloved parents. When a wolf... More

Holy Ground
Fat Lip
Everybody Talks
I'm A Mess
Friday Night Lights
All Of Me
It Started With a Whisper
All Gave Some
Some Gave All
Bad Company
Steady As She Goes
Mad Sounds
Gold Standard
Eighteen
Dark Sea
What You Are
Prophecy
Lighting
Twin Skeletons
Blame
Pretty Pup
Almost Home
Afraid
Riddles & Rosemary
Nightmares
A Love Like War
Styles
Launa
Warm Waters
Bandaids
I'm Out Of Love
Truly, Madly, Deeply
Hold Me In Your Arms
Dreams
Freedom
Old News
hold me down
Forest Fires
Eye's Can't Shine
Dark Inside
Skulls
Lost
No Regard
Forget Who You Are
No Time For Sorry
Faintly
Bound and down
Starry Nights
Tequila Sunrise
Heaven's Gonna Wait
RIOT

King

1.2K 76 9
By SJWATTP

Ansel sits in the chair across from me, his thick dark eyes staring back at me like the ocean during a storm. He grinds his jaw tightly and sets his computer down on the table in front of him with a clank.

"Is that it?" he says rudely and I turn my head slightly, then shift my gaze to Louis.

"Yes, that's her. Her name is Harley." Loran says in my silent defense. My arms are stiff by my side, I'm just trying not to make any sudden movement, he seems like the kind to scare easily. He hasn't taken his eyes off me since walking into the house. He looks at me like I can change him with a single stare. That I'm the monster of the two of us and it makes me uneasily angry.

I came in quickly behind him, trying to be quiet but it didn't help so I just plunked myself down on the couch across from him and haven't moved since. "She smells funny."

He says, and I sigh "this is getting us nowhere. We need to know how it works, you are apparently the only one smart enough to tell us that."

"I don't know," he mumbles and I just laugh under my breath.

"We need you to find out how, test my blood, understand it!" I say almost getting angry with his lack of understanding how necessary this was to the safety of everyone.

"I'm going to need a room, to set everything up. And blood, a fair amount from you." He says still staring at me with wide, nervous eyes. He stands when Louis points to the end of the hallway, his father's study was down there and would make the perfect place for experiments on Ansel's part.

Declan was still in the basement, at the moment he was down there with Niall. Upon seeing Ansel he went straight to the basement and hadn't returned. I was slowly figuring out the Niall had very few actual friends. Seeming he had pissed off Liam easily, and then running away from Ansel. Him and Louis would never get along and the only person that truly may have been considered a friend was Loran. And for the most part Loran was an asshole.

I find myself wandering towards the basement, my body takes me there without even a thought to whether or not I should go. But I do anyways, creeping slowly to the stairs and waiting to hear any signs of distress or anger. but there is nothing to be here so I continue on.

Declan is sitting on the floor in the corner when I see him, his knees dragged up into his chest. Niall is sitting on the counter with his legs swinging over the edge like a little kid. Both of them look equally stressed out, both like they were about to puke. Nether of them look up to me but I sit on the stairs and watch quietly. I know they know I'm there because Niall's heart quickens at my footsteps and the hair on his arms raise off the skin. It's strange feeling all of those from him, ever since the other night the feelings haven't faded. They only grew stronger and staring at him now it was both physical and emotional.

His eyes are dark today, heavy with though and quilt but he clenches his jaw in stress and his fists ball in anger. Declan on the other hand is quiet, still and barely breathing next to his brother. They look so different yet had so many similar features. They're jaw lines came to a sharp curve behind their ears and their voices were so similar in tones that you could barely tell them apart in the dark.

"We need dad dec," Niall says calmly and Declan just shakes his head. "He's our best shot at finding out what mom is up to."

"That's crazy drunk hasn't done anything but kill people in the last fifteen years, what makes you think he'll be able to find mom."

My heart squeezes in my chest at the word kill. I knew that they had a hard childhood, the scar on his face was a tell tale of that. Niall's lack of emotions as well, his dad wasn't a parent he was a hunter. And now they were.

"We know where is she, we need to know what she's doing. We need to stop her."

"She left that drunk for a reason," Declan says looking at the ground "she left us for a fucking reason."

Niall looks at his younger brother without words and Declan looks back to him with so much rage and intense sadness flooding his eyes. It made me think of Carter, I had been avoiding him and Alex for weeks. I barely went to school and my grades were slipping.

We just needed to get this done so I good go back to normal things and relax until graduation. I leave the basement knowing full well that the conversation Niall and Declan needed to have was a private one.

I grab a hoodie and sneak out the back door as quietly as possible, moving around to the front of the house. I put Louis' truck into gear and beginning to push it down the driveway until I'm at a fair distance. Then I start my drive home, the trees are still today and the birds quiet so the drive is peaceful and wet.

I'm glad to see Carter's truck sitting in the driveway when I arrive. I park Louis' next to it and hop out coming up to the house. I had forgotten my keys on the counter and only hoped that the front door was unlocked but it wasn't so I wandered around to the back.

My eyes catch the familiar glimpse of his dirty blonde hair standing at the kitchen sink. He's wearing the long black long sleeve I had given him for Christmas. But as I came up to the door my heart sinks, two arms wrap around him waist turning him to face the person.

Alex stands with her arms around my brother and her nose pressed to his. Slowly pushing their lips together I hear the sound of my heart cracking inside my rib cage and I gasp without even meaning too.

I know I had been gone that me acting like I didn't care about them was hard, but making out with each other wasn't how they were supposed to feel better. I grind my teeth and know walking away won't do anything so I push the back door open with a small sigh and walk into the house.

Alex jumps back and presses herself flat against the counter while Carter drops the dish towel to the floor and steps forward my name and a stupid excuse on his lips as he does so.

"What a welcome home party," I say wandering to the fridge and grabbing a can of coke. "Not what I expected but hey, tragic events tend to bring people together."

Both of them stumble for words but find none, I go to walk through into the living room but as I do Carter finds them "Where have you been?"

I turn to look at him, "I've been with Lou."

"You've been with Lou, is that supposed to make me feel better? You've been skipping school and ignoring your family!" He snaps at me and I just roll my eyes at him. I back up from him a bit and set the can down so my hands are free.

"You seem to have found new family anyways," I say and normally I wouldn't say it the way I did. Or use the tone I had but the anger inside of me was unnatural.

He chokes up on his words again and I almost start to laugh but a noise from the front door sends me into panic mood. "Hide," I say quickly and neither of them move, "take her to the basement!"

Carter jumps as another loud crack comes from the front door, this time he listens he drops the stance he was in and turns to the kitchen drawer grabbing the largest knife he can find. "go now!" he stops for a minute and looks at me, worry stricken.

"I'll explain everything later, please just keep Alex safe."

He doesn't say anything but darts down the basement stairs after Alex, I shut the door behind him and lay against it for a second. My senses had come back to normal over the week so smelling who it was wouldn't work. I needed to get closer to the door, try to see them before they saw me.

Before I even have the chance to move the door is broken from the rusty hinges and is slammed to the floor with force. "I know you're in here Harley," his voice runs through me like water and I swallow hard before pushing myself across the kitchen.

My heart sinks when I remember that the shot gun was gone, and that I hadn't grabbed my gun from the night table this morning. I need another way to get rid of Styles, without getting myself killed. And then it hits me, I am a weapon.

I stand up straight in the kitchen, resting my back against the counter I grip it tightly to keep from shaking. Harry instantly sees me standing my ground and he saunters into the kitchen with no purpose other than to tease me.

"Stronger than before," He laughs to himself. He has a long sleeve shirt flowing over his body but it's sheer and shows his chest and tattoos through it. He has his hair tucked up into a bun and his rings are twisting around his fingers as usual. " such a change since the last time we spoke."

"Spoke?" shaking my head I continue to grip the counter. "You beat the life out of me."

"But I didn't, because if I did there wouldn't be any life in your eyes."

He steps forwards causing me to shake harder than before, but I hold myself steady enough for him to come closer. "I can smell them you know. The fear dripping down the side of your brother's face while he grips tightly to his girlfriend, worrying about his little sister up here."

"Don't," I hear the growl in my voice when I defend my family but it only makes him look at me softer.

"There she is," he coos at me.

"I will never help you destroy other people's lives," I say to him and he just tilts his head to the side.

"You will though because your brother is going to help me."

Before I even respond Carter busts through the basement door with his small useless kitchen knife and he looks between me and Harry. I look relaxed on the outside, Harry always seemingly relaxed this would look like a normal conversation to the outside person.

"Get away from my sister," Carter says as strongly as he can but his tone is missed and Harry lunges forward towards him.

They smash into the parallel wall and wrestle until Harry catches him with his arms above his head. Carter breathes heavily, a thick cut over his eyebrow where he hit the wall hard.

"Let...him....go," I growl for real this time and take two long strides towards the two of them.

Harry has a tight hold on his body and it only enrages me more than normal. I watch as the knife hits the ground and rattles to a still. Harry sees it too and kicks it hard across the floor and it slams into the wall across from me. I look at him with fire in my eyes, my anger had never been so real.

Attacking me was one thing, attacking my brother was a death wish. Harry drags his long fingers along the side of Carter's face leaving deep red marks. He cringes under the pressure and tries to wiggle free but nothing helps.

"You can have me," I say on whim that he would take the offer. He tilts his head sideways and laughs deep.

"Why do humans always sacrifice themselves for others, I never understood that."

"It's called love," I say. As I do Carter rams his heel into the top of Harry's foot cause him to loosen the grip enough to cole free.

But this doesn't last long.

Harry grabs him by the collar of his shirt and throws him backwards against the wall with enough force to make a dent in the wall. Blood runs down Carter's neck but he stays upright and alert.

I do my best to distract Harry long enough for Carter to take off towards the knife on the floor but his ankle is caught in the gasp of Styles and is dragged backwards with ease. I throw the nearest thing, a heavy glass bowl that was full of oranges. It smashes above their heads against the wall and shatters into a million pieces over the floor. This is sufficient to get his attention back to me but his grip still holds tight to my brother.

I throw myself at him as hard as I can, crashing into him and throwing his body backwards into the hallway floor. He grabs me quickly and uses a foot to slam me against the nearest wall, the loud snap and sharp hot pain tells me that ribs are broken as I hit the ground. I can't feel anything besides an electric pain flowing through my stomach and I can't open my eyes.

It takes a minute for me to be able to breathe but eventually I pull to my feet and look around for Harry who is gone from my side. I use the wall to brace myself as I stumble in short breaths down the hallway back to the kitchen. Harry is standing over Carter, blood dripping from his hands and a wicked smile across his face.

I take a deep breath and close the space between me and Harry kicking him roughly in the knee. He drops to the floor with a loud grunt. He just laughs at me as I said over him like this is what he wanted. I look around until my hand finds a large shard of bowl and spilt my arm open. Blood drips from it and this is when Harry understands. He pushes back and tries to stand but he's slower from the first time we hit the ground and he can't stand as well.

I kick him back so he slams against the counter and climb down over him. Gripping his jaw I hold it up to my face so he's looking straight at me. "There it...is...the darkness."

I let the blood from my arm run down and trickle into his mouth until I drop my hand and let him choke on it. Without caring what would happen to him and drop down to where Carter is lying on the floor.

He has a large stab wound under his rib cage and he's losing a ton of blood. My hands scramble to hold still over it applying as much pressure as I can while trying to avoid mixing our blood. Tears stream down my face, everything a blur I can only see his face.

"Harley!" A voice calls, I look to the door but by the time I do Niall is standing over me completely in shock.

"Help." Are the only words I manage to speak.

**new chapter love bugs, hope you enjoy!!!** comment and vote for me :) ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2M 1.2M 37
Zoe is a rogue who is forced to attend a school for werewolves for a year thanks to a new law. There she meets her mate, a certain Alpha who holds a...
5.6M 157K 27
Chloe was beaten and abused by her pack. Her mate rejecting her is the last straw. Unable to deal with it all she runs away. Meeting a new pack and f...
191K 5.1K 56
"Who are you?" I asked, my voice shaky as I struggled to keep my eyes open. Suddenly, the delicious scent of wood and cinnamon hit my nose, causing m...
1.2M 36.9K 20
Ginny's parents died saving her from a rogue attack, her brother along with the rest of the pack blame her for killing them. If she wouldn't have gon...