CENTURIES, stefan salvatore [...

By voidcaroline

"It's not a crime to love what you cannot explain." [1x09-4x14] [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [BOOK 1 IN THE NATALIE... More

Before Reading
Summary + Playlist
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children Of The Damned
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighborhood
Let The Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
The Birthday
The Hybrid
The End of The Affair
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Ordinary People
Homecoming
The New Deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out The Dead
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
1912
Break On Through
The Murder of One
Heart of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Before Sunset
The Departed
Growing Pains
Memorial
The Rager
The Five
The Killer
We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
My Brother's Keeper
We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
O Come, All Ye Faithful
After School Special
Catch Me If You Can
A View to a Kill
Into the Wild
Down the Rabbit Hole

Fool Me Once

100K 2.7K 3.5K
By voidcaroline

CHAPTER 6: FOOL ME ONCE

The Mystic Grill

Natalie POV

I was walking in the door, because I can. Then I bumped into some guy.

"Sorry." I said and I looked up to see Jeremy.

"Oh, hey Natalie." he said.

"Hi." I said.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Well, pretty much everyone comes here at least once a day, so I decided that I'd do it now."

"Hmm, that's smart. I guess." he said with a tilt of his head.

"See you." I said and walked away.

"Yeah, see you." he said.

▹▹▹

After a while of doing nothing I was bored enough to sit down with Jeremy.

"Hey." he said. "Hi, Jeremy." I said.

"Why are you sitting here?" he asked.

I shrugged. "You're pretty much the only one here that I know."

"That's sad." Jeremy said.

"I know, right." I said and then this blonde girl called out "Hey, Jeremy."

She walked up in front of us. "Where is Elena? I have been texting her and Bonnie all day about Duke's party." she said.

"She went somewhere with Stefan." Jeremy answered.

The girl sighed. "I'm so not gonna be one of those girls who disappears just because she has a new boyfriend." she said.

"Good for you." I said.

"Thank you..." she trailed off. "Natalie." I finished for her.

"Well, Natalie, I'm Caroline." she said.

"Who is Duke?" Jeremy asked interrupting our introduction.

"Some guy that graduated a couple years ago. And he throws a party every time he comes home from Duke." Caroline explained.

"Duke?" I asked quietly and sadly, that being where my mother went to school.

"Wait, Duke goes to Duke?" Jeremy asked.

"His real name's Bob or something. He's a total ass, but he buys the beer. You know, you two should come." Caroline said.

"I don't think so." I said. "Me neither." Jeremy said.

"No, seriously! Everyone goes. Even quiet, loner little brothers and mysterious new girls." Caroline said giving me a look.

"I can't because my dad'll kill me. Literally." I said.

"Think about it." Caroline said looking between us before walking after a blonde boy.

"I gotta go." I told Jeremy as my dad texted me. "Bye." he said and I waved before walking away.

▹▹▹

"Hey, Dad..." I trailed off with a nervous smile, knowing he wouldn't really let me go. "So... we have to talk."

"What did Jenna tell you?" Dad asked immediately as he turned his head towards me.

"Wha- why? What would Jenna tell me?" I asked with wide eyes. I mean, I knew he was hiding something from me, but I never thought he'd tell Jenna before me.

Dad looked like a deer in headlights. "Nothing."

"Right..." I nodded suspiciously. I was so going to find out what he's been hiding from me. But I'm going to have to use this to my advantage for once in my life. "Well, I'm going to have a lot of time to figure out what you've been hiding from me... well, unless I have something to do... like go to a party, maybe..."

"Yeah, yeah. Go, have fun... Like, now!" Dad exclaimed with a forced smile.

"Cool, thanks!" I smiled brightly at him with a smug look.

I won.

▹▹▹

Why did I decide to do this again?

I had no one to talk to, as I knew no one. Well, I kind of knew Jeremy, and I met Caroline, so I guess I know them. But I don't know.

"You came!" a squeal came from behind me. Turns out I'm not going to be alone after all.

As I turned around I was quickly met with the blonde known as Caroline Forbes and some blonde guy.

"Ehm, hi, Caroline." I said awkwardly. I wasn't good with people. "And some other guy..."

The guy was cute, and seemed friendly enough as he was hanging around with Caroline, who gave me the vibe that she wasn't about to take anyone's shit. And his eyes... god, his eyes. I mean, he wasn't my type. I was more of a guy with darker hair girl, but his eyes were really blue. It kind of freaked me out.

"I'm Matt." he said with a friendly smile as he reached out his hand. I stared at it for a second.

People. I don't do well with people. Or touching. Or anything that isn't my couch or bed.

I gave him an awkward smile as I shook his hand. "Natalie."

"So, introductions are finished, so I'm gonna be back soon, Matt. But I've got some friendship interrogating to do." Caroline said with a bright smile before grabbing my hand and running off dragging me with her.

  ▹▹▹

"What do you think of me?" Caroline asked with narrowed eyes as she stood intimidatingly as I sat down on a rock.

"You seem cool, smart, girly, kind of awesome and not as the kind of girl who'd take anyone's shit." I said with a shrug and a smile.

Caroline nodded in approval. "And Matt?"

"Totally cute, but off limits." I nodded with a small smile.

"Good, good." she said with a smile. "Any cute boys?"

"All the boys here are hormonal assholes." I said with with an indifferent shrug. And I then quickly saw Caroline glaring at me. "Except for Matt."

"We'll work on that." Caroline said. "Who are you?"

"Natalie." I said with a confused look.

"No..." she said, a smirk slowly grazing her face. "You are my new best friend."

"Yes!" I said with a huge smile "I finally have a friend!"

Caroline laughed at my words, and I quickly joined her.

  ▹▹▹ 

Caroline and I was walking around, trying to find Matt because she really wanted to apologize to him for being clingy or kind of possessive over him around their exes. And we found him standing by some good looking, dark haired guy. Like, was there something in the water? Every guy here was hot. Like, every guy.

"That's Tyler Lockwood, asshole, hottie, not seeing anyone." Caroline looked at me suggestively.

"You lost me at 'Tyler'." I said with an eye roll.

"What? Why?" she asked with annoyance clear in her... everything.

"That's a typical asshole name." I said, making her roll her eyes.

"Hey, there you are." Caroline said as she walked up to them with a smile.

"Here I am." Matt said, making it kind of awkward.

"Yeah, well, I'm not drunk enough. So I'm just gonna go get another beer." Tyler said before turning his eyes to me. "Wanna join me?"

I gave him a not amused look. "Two words: Not interested." Then I walked away.

▹▹▹

"Hey, Natalie!" Caroline called out as she walked up to me with a wide smile. "What do you want to do next?"

"I think I'm gonna head on home." I shrugged.

"What? No! You can't!" Caroline said, flabbergasted. "The night is just getting started!"

"Yeah but there's only so long blackmailing your dad works..." I trailed off with a half-smile.

"I'll be seeing you early in the morning!" Caroline said with a stern look.

"I think you're too drunk to remember it anyway." I waved off.

"No, I'm not!" Caroline protested, and then stumbled. And I was the only one around, so I had to catch her.

"Told you so." I sang to her with a smirk.

"Fine! Goodbye, new best friend who's name I don't remember because I'm too drunk." Caroline slurred with a smile before running off, probably to make out with Matt.

I shook my head in amusement. She sure is something.

Word count: 1261

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

924K 22.5K 44
❝ Love has reasons which reason cannot understand. ❞ [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [1x01 - 3x14] cover credit; argentsvogue
ꜱɴᴏᴡ By qx

Fanfiction

23.7K 1K 9
ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴋᴀᴍᴀʀɪ ᴀʀɪᴇɴ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍᴏᴠᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏꜱᴛɪᴄ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ᴏʀ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ꜱᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ʙʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ !DIS...
454K 8.8K 65
"I don't think I would have done it. I mean, I was prepared, but I don't think I could have gone against you." "You wouldn't have killed me, but you...
1M 29.3K 55
"Not all monsters do monstrous things." [4x15-6x22+8x16] [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [BOOK 2 IN THE NATALIE SALTZMAN SERIES] [2017 TVD FANFICTION AWARDS WI...