best friends boyfriend // l.h

By madgalmomo

"We can't do this, she's my best friend!" "And she's my girlfriend...wanna make out?" in which a girl falls i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Update
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 28

1.4K 23 4
By madgalmomo

ELENAS POV

Previously
"Were y'all friends in college?"

"Uh," Kate said slowly.

"We were a little more than friends," Luke replied.

"What do you mean?"

"We dated."

"Oh," I said hoping sadness wasn't evident in my voice.

"Well, I have to go I'll see you later Elena," Kate said hugging me, "And I'll see you tomorrow Luke," she said with a wink.

As she walked off I turned and faced Luke angrily.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes, I'm going on a date with Kate tomorrow."

"Hope you have fun," I said walking off.

"You don't have a right to be angry at me," he said walking behind me.

"You're right."

"So stop being mad at me."

Everyone had left the building and it was only me and Luke inside. I stopped and turned around to look at him. Both of our lips were only a few inches away.

"I'm not mad at you."

"Yes you are."

"Okay fine Luke, I am! I want you to move on but I also still have feelings for you and I just wish-"

"Wish what?"

I kept looking from his eyes to his lips and he was doing the same. I leaned in and kissed him. I had wanted to do this all day. I grabbed his face and he put his hands around my waist. It felt like no one was there but us.

"Having fun?" I heard someone say behind me and I instantly recognized the voice and leaned away quickly from Luke.

"Sara, it's not what it looks like."

"I know what it is. He's trying to seduce you like he always does."

I blushed and looked away. It wasn't Luke this time I was the one that initiated the kiss.

"I-"

"You almost ruined our friendship and now you're trying to ruin her marriage? What are you gonna destroy next?" Sara said angrily.

Luke was stunned at Sara's words and he just walked out of the venue without responding to her or saying a goodbye to me.

"I told you putting him in this wedding was a bad idea."

"Sara it's not his fault, I-"

"Stop covering for him!"

"Stop yelling at me!"

We both stood in silence avoiding each other's stares.

"I'm sorry Elena I'm just worried about you."

"Why?"

"Because I don't think you love Michael."

"What?"

"You may love Michael but you're not in love with him. You're in love with Lu-"

"Don't finish that sentence."

"You don't want to hear it because you know it's the truth."

"That's not true."

"Listen if you think I have a problem with you being with Luke I don't. I have Ashton and he's the best thing that's ever walked into my life. He's showed me what true love is. I don't care about Luke but I do care about you and I just don't want you to rush into marrying Michael if you don't really want to."

"But I do."

"Okay."

"Okay."

---
"So what should I wear on my date?"

I was on the phone with Kate. She was talking about the date her and Luke were going on today. He was taking her bowling. How original.

"I don't know, whatever makes you comfortable I guess," I said carelessly.

"Are you alright? You seem frustrated today."

No shit. You're going on a date with a guy I used to - and might still be - in love with and you're asking me what you should wear as if I care.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a little tired."

"Okay I'll call you later and tell you how the date goes! Bye girl!"

"Bye," I said emotionlessly.

I decided walk to a local bar to take my mind off of things. I hadn't talked to Luke since the incident yesterday.

I wanted to apologize for what Sara said but part of me was glad Sara came in there and pulled us apart. Who knows how far we would've gone.

When I walked in I sat at the first available bar stool I saw.

I felt out of place. I didn't really drink that much unless I was very stressed and I wasn't that stressed. Just as I was about to get up I felt someone place their hand on mine.

"Stay awhile," I heard a British accent say smoothly. I turned to see a very attractive man with short brown hair and mysterious eyes.

"Okay," I said slowly.

"How are you, love."

"I'm fine I guess."

"If I may ask what's your name?"

"No you may not," I said getting up.

I was engaged not to mention I had enough boy drama.

"I just wanted to know who I was buying a drink for love."

I could use one drink.

"Okay, it's Elena," I said reaching my hand out towards his.

"Edward," he said and kissed my hand.

I pulled back quickly.

"Well Edward, I'm engaged."

"Wow you American girls aren't used to a guy with manners."

"Ah, explains the accent, I thought you weren't from here."

"You're right now what would you like to drink."

"Surprise me," I said with a smirk.

I looked down at my phone and saw I had four messages. I was hoping to have one from Luke.

Michael: Hey babe I'm gonna be working late tonight see you when I get home :-)

Sara: I know you already have the bridesmaid dresses picked out and the wedding is a go in about 2 weeks but I just saw the cutest ones
Sara: Come by tonight or early tomorrow so I can show you them

Kate: the date is going great thanks for the tip on wearing something comfortable bowling can get tiring but luckily Luke is a good enough bowler for the both of us :p

I groaned at my last text.

"Something bothering you, love?"

"It's nothing I'm just a little stressed."

"Here have some of your drink."

He handed me the small glass cup and I took it all down letting it burn my throat.

We continued to drink through the whole night and just talk. I learned that Edward had just moved here from England and a few other minor details about him. I started to get really tired.

"You look sleepy love, maybe I should take you home."

"No it's fine I walked here," I said yawning sleepily. I didn't understand why I was so sleepy.

I walked slowly out of the bar with Edward following closely behind me.

"Maybe we can go to my place?" He suggested quickly.

"I don't think my husband would like that."

"I don't think I care what your husband likes," Edward said and I could no longer hear his accent.

"Edward," I asked turning around and squinting at him it was definitely his face.

"Listen I didn't put drugs in your drink for you to just walk home. I'm gonna get what I want," he said and grabbed my sleepy body shaking me.

"You're not British!"

"And you're an idiot."

I winced as he tripped tighter on my wrists.

"Stop it, you're hurting me!"

"Stop yelling or I'll make it worse," he whispered in my face.

Just as I was about to scream I felt someone pull Edward off of me.

"Get away from her!"
///
who just saved Elena from that creep Edward??? find out in the next chap!! thx for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 1 26
Luke Hemmings Fanfiction.
146K 944 44
5SOS imagines and preferences💕 Open🌸
16.4K 318 27
When a girl falls in love with a boy that she doesn't mean to fall in love with
2.5K 42 26
In which a teenage girl falls in love with a teenage boy behind her best friends backs