If Looks Could Kill

By QueenPookie

Skyler is your typical cheerleader, with the blond hair and blue eyes, shes got the captain of the football t... More

If Looks Could Kill ch. 1
If Looks Could Kill ch. 2
If Looks Could Kill ch. 3
If Looks Could Kill ch. 4
If Looks Could Kill ch. 5
If Looks Could Kill ch. 6
If Looks Could Kill ch. 7
If Looks Could Kill ch.8
If Looks Could Kill ch. 9
If Looks Could Kill ch. 10
If Looks Could Kill ch. 11
If Looks Could Kill ch. 12
If Looks Could Kill ch. 13
If Looks Could Kill ch. 14
If Looks Could Kill ch. 15
If Looks Could Kill ch. 16
If Looks Could Kill ch. 18

If Looks Could Kill ch. 17

476 2 5
By QueenPookie

 Hey peoples yes after 10 billion years i've uploaded, i hope you like it tho theres not too much action

-------------------------------

            I heard that when you lose a sibling its much worse than when you lose anyone else. I could understand, I mean you grew up with this person. They almost know you inside out and you know they would do anything to protect you. Whoops…

As you’ve probably already guessed, the rest of the ride home wasn’t too comfortable. I mean after your brother pretty much disowns you, how are you supposed to react?  Then again I did almost eat him… But come on, if you were in my place you would have done the same thing, right? Don’t answer that please, I think my self-esteem has taken enough of a beating for one day thank you.

We got home late that night, around one or two a.m. we were all very tired. Jake ended up sleeping on the couch which bothered Shane to no end obviously. But like I said we were tired, too tired to argue about it though I’m pretty sure Shane tried to sleep with one eye open, you know, just in case the big scary wolves came to get him.

I almost ran to my room with delight, I was home, my space, my territory. Wolf was more than pleased to be home though slightly disappointed Jake had to sleep by himself. Gosh one day this girl would kill me. I changed into some comfy clothes and snuggled into my soft bed. My body ached from shifting into a wolf and then back within just a few hours. I was stressed out beyond compare and my brother hates me. I drifted off peacefully into a relaxing sleep. Today’s problems could wait ‘til tomorrow.

I dreamed of unicorns and rainbows and big angry wolves coming to get me.

I woke with a start breathing quickly and sweating slightly. I looked around and realized it was five-thirty in the morning, so much for getting a good rest. Sighing I slipped out of bed trying to be quiet because I know Jake would wake easy. I grabbed some clean clothes and a towel and tip-toed to the washroom. I turned the shower on, the hot water almost scalding my skin. I didn’t care it felt refreshing; I washed my hair enjoying the light scent of flowers, not the regular over scented stuff my nose can’t handle.

When I got of the shower my mirror was fogged up by the steam so I messily scooped my hair up and tied it in a bun. I brushed my teeth feeling better after my shower, my cold was definitely gone by now. Happily I went downstairs it was still early, only six but I decided to start making breakfast. Jake was sitting at the counter when I got to the kitchen, he looked dead.

“Morning,” I said cheerfully practically skipping to the counter.

“G’morning,” he mumbled back, “why you so happy?” His eyes were blood shot and his hair was ruffled and he was in need of a shower… desperately.

I shrugged and eyed him, “are you hungry?”

Jake nodded and looked slightly more alive at the idea of food. So I got on the job making scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast, I made extra for everyone else because I knew they would be getting up soon too. The sun was up and shining in the kitchen warming up, it looked like it was going to be a good day. I smiled to myself, why am I in such a good mood you ask? I have no idea but I definitely liked it.

We ate quickly so we could leave, Jake wanted to go home and I thought maybe Shane would feel a little better if the wolves weren’t in the house when he got up. I went back upstairs to grab my school bag and my keys but then realized that they were still confiscated; I went with Jake in his truck.

“How are you feeling?” Jake asked me as I put on my seatbelt.

I shrugged “I’m not sure. How about you?”

Jake yawned “tired, I blame you. We weren’t supposed to change!” He shook his head muttering to himself.

“You didn’t have to come after me.”

“Yes, letting you run around the forest by yourself would have been a much better alternative. Why is it that I always have to save your ass?”

“I could save my own ass if you gave me the chance!” I stuck my tongue out at him.

 Jake laughed. He had one arm sticking out the window and the other on the wheel he looked relaxed though tired, the wind was blowing his hair out of his face. I have to admit he did look kind of hot. He looked over at me, “What?”

Extremely embarrassed that he had caught me staring, I blushed. “Nothing,” I muttered, looking out the window so he couldn’t see my face.

Jake slowed down and parked in front of a regular looking house. In fact it looked a lot like my own. The lawn was neatly trimmed, the paint was freshly coated. It was a two story house painted in white and light blue. There was a wind-chime hanging on the porch and welcome mat in front of the door, a newspaper sitting on top. Bright tulips and roses had just been planted along with some other purple flowers. It looked very homey, I smiled to myself. Jake got out and looked at me, “You can come inside you know.” He said it like it was obvious.

I left my bag in the truck and scurried after him into the house. I soon as we stepped in we were in the living room area, three dark brown couches sat around a glass coffee table. A flat screen T.V. huddled in the corner. A fireplace was in the other corner, the room was decorated with family photos and little ornaments.

We could hear people talking in the kitchen, so Jake led me there. At the round table were a man and a woman both looking like they were ready for work. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes, he wasn’t very muscled or big like the average middle aged man. Wire framed glasses perched on his nose. The woman had light blonde hair and blue eyes, her smile was kind. She was small and dressed in a nurse’s uniform. Two empty plates were in front of them and the man had a mug of coffee in his hand. They turned to us as we walked in looking slightly surprised.

“Morning,” Jake said and lifted an arm to me “this is Skyler. Skyler this is Matt and Katherine.”

I smiled, “It’s nice to meet you.”

Katherine’s smile was polite, “and you.”

Matt nodded along, downing the rest of his coffee. He got up and kissed Katherine on the forehead and ruffled Jake’s hair, “We’ll talk when you get home.” He nodded to me and then he was gone.

Katherine shook her head “He’s just in a rush” she apologised.

“That’s no problem.”

Jake led me upstairs to his room. It was messy enough that it actually looked like he lived in here but clean enough that it wasn’t gross. “My dad has been thinking that I’m on drugs lately,” he said getting some clean clothes “Mom thinks I’m cutting myself,” he shook his head and chuckled, “You inviting me and coming here is throwing them off. I’ll be back in a bit.”

I nodded and sat on his bed. His parents didn’t seem like they would jump to conclusions like that. Would, in time, my parents start thinking I was on drugs or hurting myself? Shane had hardly been here a night and he figured something was wrong. How long would it take mom and dad to notice too? You’re a real pain in the butt I dryly told wolf, as I looked around the room. It was pretty normal, what you would expect to see in a guy’s room.

Jake came back, smelling clean and shaking a towel over his head to dry his hair. He was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans, and white sock on his feet. He tossed the towel in a clothes basket and stepped into his shoes.

“Ready?” I asked standing up.

He nodded and grabbed his bag and we went back downstairs. Katherine was still in the kitchen looking at the newspaper. “We’re gonna’ head out ma” he told her but stopped “what’s that?” he asked curiously stepping closer to her to read over her shoulder.

“Someone shot a wolf and left the body in the middle of the highway” she shook her head “it says here that they’ve been finding animal bodies like this all over the place but mostly squirrels and rabbits and small animals.” She scrunched her face up like she was repulsed.

I looked at the picture, sure enough a wolf was lying on its side tongue lolling out. Four holes covered in blood spotted its body.  I turned away feeling a little light headed. Wolf whined at me.

Jake huffed “whatever, I’ll see you later mom.”

“Bye, it was really nice to meet you” I said weakly. Jake put an arm around me and led me outside.

            I felt better breathing in the fresh air but wolf was still squirming trying to make me look everywhere at once in case there was some kind of danger. Jake seemed tense too hurrying me to the car and glancing around, we relaxed a little when the locks shut and the car was moving.

            “It might not be anything” Jake shrugged after a while “if it was one of us then someone would have let us know by now.”

            My eyes widened I hadn’t even thought it could be someone from the pack “we would have recognised it right?” I said trying to sound calm thought my stomach was knotting up. Wolf howled and cried and whined.

            Jake nodded but we both knew we were lying to ourselves.

------------------------------------------------------------

Plz comment and vote :)

Continue Reading