If Looks Could Kill ch. 6

I'm sooooooo sorry it took so long to put this up!! first i went to virginia beach and then i was stressing over exams so i wasnt writing much i only finished writing this chapter like last week and now my laptop is in future shop being fixed so im typing straight onto wattpad which i dont really like cuz word fixes most of my mistakes for me, yes i kno im lazy but i hate typing... i miss my laptop D: well enough abt my sad life heres chapter 6!!

****************************************

As I stood patiently with Mom and Dad my mind kept returning to my walk with Brent. How the hell did he know what I was dreaming about? Mostly, I wasn't paying attention to what was going on around me. So I was shocked when Mom cried. I turned to her alarmed but she was staring off into the crowd. I followed her gaze and let out my own yelp.

Raiden was weaving his way through the crowd easily as ever. Behind him a woman was weaving her way through just as easily. She was wearing a gray skirt suit and black pumps. Her hair was pulled into a neat ponytail, she was holding two medium size bags over her shoulder.

Raiden looked slightly different from the picture. His cheeks weren't as sunken in and his bones weren't sticking out as much. Raiden paused and looked around wearily but the woman touched his shoulder and pointed in our direction.

His gazed turned our was, he looked carefully. When his eyes met mine they widened and he looked away quickly.

The woman steered Raiden to us and put down the bags. Raiden stood as far from me as possible but not too far that he wasn't part of our group. He kept his eyes away from me.

The woman began talking with Mom and Dad fluently in English. Again I didn't pay much attention to what they were talking about. All my brain could concentrate on was Raiden.

For some reason I felt the need to comfort him and protect him but contradicting that I wanted nothing to do with him either.

He bowed his head and shuffled his feet obviously wanting to be anywhere but here. The woman touched Raiden's shoulder making him jump. He peered up at her nervously, she murmured a few words to him in Japanese, he nodded. They turned to my parents.

Mom got down on her knees in front of him and took his hands in hers. Raiden couldn't quite meet her gaze but it different from me.

"Aw you're such a doll" Mom cooed "do you want to come home yet? Or do you want to stay longer?"

Raiden looked undecided, finally he said "I... go... home."

His english surprised me because the woman could speak it easily but I guess when you deliver children across the world you're going to need to know it.

Soon we were leaving the air port, I'd brought my car too because I had to go to Zach's house to help him and Caleb with a project. I wouldn't be helping them if they hadn't got down on theirs knees and gave me puppy eyes.

Mom and Dad's cell phones rang at the same moment. They both answered with a distracted "hello?"

I rolled my eyes, they were way too busy with work.

I almost hit my head against a wall when they started walking forward leaving Raiden and I behind. I slung his bag over my shoulder and held out my hand to him.

"They're always this distracted."

Raiden looked at my hand wearily.

The need to protect him overrode the need to be away from him so like Mom I got down on my knees too.

I didn't attempt to touch him but i kept eye contact with him "i'm sure you're probably scared and nervous right now. You have every right to be. I'm not going to hurt you and they're not going to hurt you" I gesture to Mom and Dad who still hadn't noticed they left us behind "you don't have to be afraid of us." I smiled at him "I'm Skyler by the way."