Don't Leave Me

By allergic_to_bs

Audrey and Matt have been dating for almost two years. Everybody envies their relationship as they have been... More

Don't Leave Me
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 - Matt's P.O.V
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 18 - Matt's P.O.V

5.9K 154 14
By allergic_to_bs

(Yes, another chapter in Matt's perspective while Audrey is still unconscious.) 

"Matt," my Mom sighed, rubbing her temples. "You need to go home, you can't keep staying here."

I shook my head at her, without looking her way. I was just staring at Audrey while she slept. 

How could someone in a hospital bed look so perfect? I don't know how she does it. No matter what shape she is in, she always manages to look perfect.

"Matt?" She pressed, catching my attention this time. 

"Huh?" I looked up at her.

"You need to get home some time," She repeated. "It's been two days and-"

"I don't care how long it's been," I snapped, sneering at her. Tears swelled in my eyes, so I quickly looked down at my feet. "I'll wait for her forever if I have to," I said quietly.

She shot up in frustration and left the room.

Two days ago Audrey was in the accident and has already went through surgery. Her right leg got jammed under the steering wheel and snapped, breaking it. She also has minor cuts and bruises all over her body. With a minor concussion to top off the trauma.

"Matt?" 

What now? Just leave me alone. 

I sighed, looking towards the door. Mr. Dawson stood there, leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah?" I asked lightly. 

"You need to go home," he said politely. "If anything changes, we'll call you right away."

I just looked up at him and held my stare. 

"I can't just leave her," I shook my head. 

He sighed and walked over to me, sitting in the empty seat on the opposite side of the bed. 

"It's okay," he nodded. "You can't beat yourself up for sending that text."

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

I shook my head at him and looked at the ground. The tears were threatening to fall again as I tried to suck them in. 

"It happened," he shrugged. "Being here every single day doesn't make up for it either,"

I closed my eyes and tried to block out what he was saying. None of this was fair. Not to Audrey, not to my babies. Not even to me. 

"You need to go home tonight and go to school tomorrow," he deadpanned, standing up. 

He wrapped me in a hug and patted my back. The remaining tears silently fell as Mr. D held me in his arms.

He let go and I stepped back, jamming my hands in my pockets.

"I promise that I'll call you if anything changes," he promised. 

"I want to be here when she wakes up," I informed him, sitting back down in my seat.

"What's it going to take?" He beamed. "You need to take care of yourself too,"

"I am," I said stiffly. "I took a shower today and yesterday here, I ate in the cafeteria this morning. The food wasn't all that flattering but whatever,"

"You haven't eaten since this morning?" He asked, placing his hands on his hips. 

I nodded. What's the difference?

"Matt it's almost midnight," He informed me, checking his watch.

People still wear those these days?

"I'm fine," Lie.

"No you're not," he shook his head. He grabbed me by my shoulders, looking in my eyes. "What's with you? You didn't even join us at church this morning,"

"What's with me?" I shot up. "The only thing that matters in my life is laying there, helpless. There is nothing I can do to take their pain away, to make it all better!" 

The water works started pouring out of my eyes as I tried to speak.

"I wish it was me," I whispered, falling into Mr. D's arms again. "It should've been me that was in the wreck,"

He awkwardly held on to me as I sobbed loudly. There wasn't anything that anybody could say or do to make me feel better.

My mom and Audrey's mom walked in, rushing over to us. 

"Everything is going to be okay," Mom said, rubbing small circles on my back.

Easy for her to say.

"I'm done," I shook my head, attempting to sober up. "I'll be back later,"

I broke free of their embrace and bent down to Audrey's level as she laid there. Stroking her hair, I planted my lips on her forehead, letting them linger for a moment. I was careful of the tube in her nose and the other cords hooked up to her.

"I love you so much," I said to her, admiring her beauty.

"Matt please don't drive while you're upset."

I quickly shuffled out of the room and made my way out to the parking lot. I unlocked my car and slid in it, sitting there. There wasn't anywhere I needed to be. Well beside by Audrey's side. I just felt like everyone was against me.

My phone rang with the caller ID as 'Unknown'. I wasn't up for bullshit so I didn't answer it. I turned my phone off, tucking it away in the center counsel. 

I started over the engine, speeding out of the parking lot. I drove for a good thirty miles before I was running low on fuel.

Pulling in to the nearest gas station, I parked beside a gas pump and chugged fuel into my tank, filling it up. I don't even know what town I'm in.

I quickly ran into the store, wanting to get back on the road as soon as possible. I locked up the Camaro, I don't even know where I am.

"Balance on pump four," I informed the woman behind the counter. 

"$33.42," she said, holding out her hand and smacking her jaw as she obnoxiously chewed her gum. 

I rolled my eyes at her and pulled out my wallet, handing her my credit card. Reaching over to the shelf to my right, I grabbed a small red rose and gently set it on the counter.

I don't know why, but I wanted it. Audrey was in the back of my mind the entire time. 

"Aw, for me?" She asked, her eyes bright. She twisted her hair around her finger like a maniac and batted her lashes foolishly. "How sweet,"

I passed her a nasty glare and shook my head "Uh, no." 

She rolled her eyes and winked at me. She's so gross.

"Where you from anyway?" She asked, ringing up the flower and adding it to my total. "I haven't seen you around here,"

"I'm not from this trashy town," I said stiffly. "Just passing through,"

"Mh-hm," she hummed, still smacking on her gum.

"My total?"

She sighed dramatically. "$37.58,"

I slammed my card on the counter, sliding her to her.

"Lucky girl," she held up the flower, sliding my card through her machine. She handed the flower back to me and my card. She sloppily wrote on the receipt, kissing it and leaving a lipstick stain.

"I'm the lucky one," 

With that, I left the store in a hurry. Thank God the Camaro was okay. 

I slipped in my car and gently set the rose in the passenger seat. I glanced at the back of the receipt. The woman's name and number was sloppily written on it. I laughed to myself, tossing out the drivers side window. 

I sped away, driving down the road, no destination or cause. Just driving. 

The only person I could think of was Audrey. I silently cried to myself as the tears rolled my down my cheeks.

I drove for a very long time on a dark road. In the distance I could see the bright lights of a retail store. A moment later, I was in the parking lot of a 24/7 Walmart. 

I got out, locked my car and entered the store. I found myself in the baby section of the aisles, staring at the infant items. Soon enough, Audrey and I will be shopping together for these items. And I can't wait.

Running my thumb over a yellow teddy bear, I it pulled to my chest and hugged it. It hurt so much to know that my unborn babies may not even have a chance in this world. I sniffled as a single tear soaked my cheek.

I couldn't help myself, so I ended up purchasing the teddy bear and puppy dog stuffed animals.

~*~

I turned off my headlights when I entered my neighborhood. There was no way my Mom would be up at this hour. 

Turning into my driveway, I noticed that the front porch light was on as well as the family room lights. 

Oh no, this cannot be good. 

There was an SUV parked behind my mom's car. It's Brandy's car.

Grabbing my phone from the center counsel, I turned it back on. While I waited, I held the two little stuffed animals and imaged them in my kids' cribs. 

My phone pinged what seemed like a thousand times, knocking me out of my thoughts. It was ridiculous. 

There were tons of missed calls from my Mom and Audrey's parents as well as text. There was even a call from Brandy too. My heart stopped when I scrolled down to see Audrey's name under missed calls. She even left a voicemail.

"Hey babe, it's me." Her voice was raspy. "I just want to be in your arms again," There was a long pause. "They told me you've been here all weekend, never leaving my side. Please call your mom, she's worried sick." Another pause. "I love you, always and forever."

Hearing her voice made my heart skip a beat. 

She's awake. Audrey's awake. I was by her side for over forty-eight hours and the few hours that I am absent, she wakes up.

I quietly shut off my car and jumped out. I hurried into the house. I don't even care how much trouble I'm in.

"Audrey's awake?!" I beamed, catching everyone's attention. My mom, Brandy and Audrey's mom were piled in the family room and Mom was pacing the floor. 

Her eyes lit up when she saw me, rushing over to my side. 

"Where the hell were you?!" She demanded. "It is four in the morning! You have school in a few hours!"

"Just out for a drive," I promised. "I just wanted to clear my head. Don't worry I was safe."

"Do you even understand what could've happened?! You couldn't even answer your phone or tell me where you were going?!"

"Mom, I'm fine. Nothing happened," I promised.

"I hope you know you're grounded," she said, crossing her arms across her chest. "I'm just happy you're okay, you had me worried sick!"

She wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"So Audrey's awake?" I asked, happy as could be.

Mom looked up and smiled. "She is,"

"I'm going to go see her," I informed her.

"Not right now you're not," she demanded. "Go get some sleep and we'll see her tomorrow."

I really was tired and it's not even visiting hours. It took everything in my power to stay calm.

All I wanted was to see the love of my life again. 

To see her smile is the most rewarding pleasure I have ever got to experience. I love her sparkly braces and the way she is overly-obsessive about brushing. Don't even get me started on her dorky laugh. Or the way she is so passionate about her Starbucks. I love the way she falls asleep in my arms, despite the fact that her mouth falls right open every single time. Or the way she bits her bottom lip when she is concentrating on something. Her patients is really what gets me. Or during the day, she'd randomly send me the strangest selfies, the stranger the better. I love when she says she's not ticklish, but I always seem to get a good squeal out of her. Her scent is embedded in my mind forever, the freshness of her skin and silkiness of her hair all wrapped in one. It's indescribably unforgettable. Her stubbornness stands out dramatically. When her mind is made up, you're never able to change it. Above all, her commitment and effort towards our relationship is all I could ever ask for. I love her so much for making me such an important part of her life and I will always do the same for her in return. From her flaws to her perfections, she is the one and only for me. I am in love with Audrey Grace Dawson. 

I just want to hold her in my arms and tell her that everything is going to be okay. 
___________________________________________________________________

Hey lovelies(;

Here is another update for you out of guilt. I am truly sorry for not updating for two whole months. Thank you for your understanding and support with continuing with this story. I love you all. 

(Comment & vote, thank you<3) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 140K 36
When college student Indie finds out her boyfriend cheated on her, she hooks up with his best frenemy Reece as payback but doesn't expect their one-n...
Dear you, By malyka

Teen Fiction

2.7K 446 35
STOP! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! DONT COME AFTER ME BECAUSE I WARNED YOU. BUT IF YOU IGNORE THIS AND PRESS 'READ' THEN MY FRIEND... GOOD LUCK. I would li...
297K 10.1K 44
What will happen when the guy you've been crushing for what feels like forever is paired with your best friend on a fake marriage and you get stuck w...
89.9K 3.3K 33
**Sequel to Coach's Daughter** It is highly recommended that you read that first. __ *Coming May of 2019* Blurb- •There's a reason BF stands for boyf...