Caught in a Strider's Web (Di...

By its-a-secret-ha

(Jake's POV) "Dirk Strider! He's an interesting fellow..." I whispered keeping my eyes glued on the anime gla... More

Strider?
Not that hungry anymore...
Image in My Mind!
Chemistry X 2
Who's Readable Now
Close Call
It's all Fun and Games
No Regrets
Summary
It's okay, maybe not
The Weekend Ends
Forgotten Little Things
Self Destructing
On Hiatus
sorry

Friggin' Kidding me!

1.7K 53 39
By its-a-secret-ha

Lunch was a disaster! I was so humiliated. Here I am in my last class with my head down until the class friggin' starts! Oh I just want to go home! I just want to- I heard something get placed on my desk and I lifted my head cautiously. There on my desk was a permanent marker. I sat up and picked it up studying it. I looked around and the students that were here were looking away from me.

"MR. ENGLISH!" I heard Mrs. Howe scream. I jumped and looked at her red angry face. She pointed at the board and I quickly dropped the marker. On the board was a decent drawing of Mrs. Howe with overyly proportioned breasts and butt. To make things worst was that my initials were drawn next to it. "Would you care to explain!?" She yelled. I began shaking nervously.

"I-I didn't do it! Honest!" I pleaded. A student beside me laughed.

"First you drew Strider and now Howe? You creep." I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at his sly smirk. I was about to accuse him for putting the false caim on me until Mrs. Howe interrupted.

"Detention for today and the whole week! Now get some hand sanitizer and wipe off this offensive drawing!" she demanded. I did what I was told. I didn't want a harsher punishment, so might as well own up to this. After cleaning the drawing off the board she made me sit outside of class.

"Why would someone wanna make my day worse" I exclaimed. I leaned my head against the lockers until school was over. Mrs. Howe came out along with all the other leaving students. She walked over and handed me a red slip. A red friggin' slip!

"Go to room 83 now. That's where you'll serve your detention and give the slip to Mr.J. Go now." She ordered me with a glare. I felt horrible and ashamed, for something that I didn't even do!! I grabbed the slip from her and got up.

"Yes ma'am." I replied sadly and started walking towards room 83. I didn't bother to see Jane before I went. I felt so horrible with all the eyes on me as I passed. Now I'm just known as Jake the Obsessor. I ignored all the whispers and walked into room 83. "Hello, I'm Jake-"

"Fuck no!" I heard a familiar voice growl. I looked up to see Strider sitting in a desk glaring at me. The teacher obviously got pissed threw a book towards Strider. Strider instantly dodged it.

"Strider! Another day of detention!" The teacher yelled. Strider stood up.

"Oh hell no!"

"Strider! Two more days of detention!" Teacher yelled.

"Might as well give me the whole fucking week!" Dirk yelled sarcastically. The teacher shrugged.

"Then it's settled. Detention for the rest of this week." The teacher looked at me. "Hello, I'm Mr. Jefferson. Call me Mr. J. You are?" He asked me with a formal smile. I hesitated a bit stealing one glance at a fuming Strider.

"I-I'm Jake English." I replied. Mr. J smiled in response. He got up with his cup of coffee in his hand and walked towards me.

"Is that for me?" He asked pointing at the red slip. I nodded and quickly handed him the slip. I could hear a unsatisfied grunt by Dirk. He was most likely not happy because a red slip means a week of detention. Our school system is quite weird. Mr. J ignored Dirk and just rolled his eyes. He placed the slip on his desk and grabbed his keys. "Well I'm out. Be back in three hours." He announced

I was confused. I turned around to try to say something before Mr. J left me alone with Dirk. "E-Excuse me! Aren't you supposed to be the supervisor for us?" I asked. Mr. J stopped and looked back with a serious expression.

"You guys are old enough to look after yourselves," Mr. J replied. I was speechless.

"I think you should watch us this time Jeff. This guy has a weird obsession with me and you don't know what he could try to do to me!" Dirk called out making me flinch. I don't have an obsession! Before I could retort something Mr. J repiled.

"It's not like he's gonna rape you," he replied. That didn't make me feel any better, maybe even worse.

"He could!" Strider claimed.

"Like I'd ever think about placing my hands on you." After saying that I widened my eyes. Mr. J began laughing his head off. Dagnabit! Shouldn't have said that. Mr. J wiped a tear from his eye dying down his laughter.

"Good one English! Well, see you in three hours!" He replied leaving. I widened my eyes scared.

"Wait! No- Please! You can't leave me," my voice began to trail off into whispers, "alone... with... him." The door was shut and I heard him key it locked. They lock you in detention. I stood there. I didn't even want to turn around to face Strider. I heard the blonde clear his throat.

"Come and take a seat... English," he said in his low voice. I jumped and quickly turned around with a nervous smile plastered on my face. He glared at me with a smirk. I laughed nervously and walked over to take a seat in the desk next to him. He gave me a skeptical look. I swallowed the lump in my throat. Golly! I'm nervous!
"So," I began. I had so many questions.

"Shut up, there's no talking in detention," Dirk replied. I looked around for cameras and there was nothing. I looked back at Dirk.

"There's no camera's and the supervisor is gone for three hours. It's not like we'll get caught for chatting a few." I replied confused. Dirk sighed angrily. He sharply turned his direction towards me. I flinched at his sudden actions.

"I don't want you talking to me. Unless you have something informative to say that benefits me, shut up." I was speechless at his words. I took a second to think. Information that benefits him... I smiled at my opportunity to clear up this misunderstanding.

"Okay then! I just want to clear up this misunderstanding between us. I don't have an obsession over you-"

"You kept staring at me constantly. Roxy even witnessed it the whole time at lunch. Either you have a weird obsession over me or you can't pry your eyes from checking me out." His words stung a bit, but mostly had me confused.

"'Checking you out'? What in the dickin's does that mean?" I asked generally confused. Strider stared at me blankly for a second until he realized that I was serious.

"You were gawking at my looks. You find me quite attractive." Dirk responded boredly. I widened my eyes and blushed a bit.

"Ah, no, no, no. That's a misunderstanding! You see I was- I was just... um- mesmerized-"

"Mesmerized?" Dirk repeated a little creeped out. I mentally slapped myself. The tension in the room has now became awkward.

"No! I was... You- You striked my interests!" I soon realized that sounded like a confession of some sort. I sighed tiredly and calmed down. "You're a very interesting person Strider..." I spoke deafeated. I slowly looked back up at Strider to see his blank expression. This is embarrassing! I made a fool out of myself-

My thoughts were interrupted by the blonde's laughter. He is laughing at me! I sat there stunned and just watched his shoulders move up and down as he laughed. He ceased his laughter and smiled at me amused. He smiles?

"What about me is interesting?" He asked. I snapped out of my staring.

"Wha- Well everything!" I exclaimed a bit too enthusiastically. He leaned his head on his hand and nodded.

"Explain."

"Explain?"

Dirk nodded again. "Yes. Explain." I felt myself loss of words. I thought about it carefully. Thinking about why I always had to stare at Dirk Strider. I thought of the perfect sentence.

"Well wouldn't anyone be interested by a new lad in school?" I asked with a smooth smirk. Dirk quickly looked away and faced the opposite direction. "Uh.. Are you alright?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah dude. Um... Give me a second." I nodded and waited till he turned my way again, but looked at something other than me. "Anyways, I'm not new. I got suspended the first day of school because of some jackass." Oh...

"Well that explains why people all know you." I replied. He continued but remained looking else where.

"Yeah, they're all afraid of me because of the fight that day. It got pretty brutal. Suspended for a month. So was he though, he came back today too." Strider looked at me for a second then looked away again. I tilted my head by interest.

"What caused the fight if you don't mind my asking?" I asked curious. Dirk tensed a bit then relaxed. He narrowed his eyes and I could tell he was becoming really angry.

"He called me a faggot. So I got pissed and retorted something that I shouldn't have. Then there were flying fists everywhere." Strider was now clenching his fists and his jaw. I felt bad instantly. However I couldn't stop myself from saying the following.

"Why would he call you that?" I asked. Dirk looked at me and I could tell he possibly rolled his eyes. He faced the front and leaned back in his chair.

"Because I'm gay. Always have been and always will be." Dirk narrowed his eyes. I nodded slowly and faced front as well. Ah... He's gay. He's gay? I tapped my fingers along the desk.

"Like... You like boys?" I asked. I heard a scoff from him.

"No dipshit. I like girls that are guys." He replied sarcastically. "Yeah, I like guys. It's the same thing when a straight person like you, likes a girl. I happen to be a gay male that likes other males. The only difference is gender." Dirk replied. I rolled my eyes and scoffed as well.

"And who said I was straight?" I replied sarcastically. What?! Why'd I say that! Ugh.. What ever. Too late now. I'm such a ditz. I heard Dirk shift in his seat and I turned to see him now facing me. He had an eyebrow raised.

"You're gay?" He asked. I gave him a serious expression.

"Never said I was." I replied. He eyed me mysteriously then thought for a second. I shifted my eyes to the surface of the desk. What am I saying? I never thought about dating a guy. Though, does it matter what gender you date? Shouldn't it be that if you like someone you just like someone? But I don't even know Dirk! I know I don't like him. He's... He's... Just so intriguing!! I was brought back to reality by Dirk's voice.

"So what is your sexual orientation Mr. English?" He asked with interest. I can't just say I don't know!! Uh.... Uh... Come on be smooth! I looked over at him with a bored expression.

"None of your business Mr. Strider." I replied cooly. Dirk stared at me for about five seconds then layed his head on his desk facing the other way. I was genuinely confused. I thought he'd think that was cool! I wonder if I hurt him? I hesitated a bit before speaking.

"Uh... Strider. Are you alright?" I asked softly. I saw his head nod along with a 'Mhm'. I decided to take my chances and just ask the question. "Are we chums now?" I asked with hope in my voice. Strider finally looked my way, but his head remained on the desk.

"Yanno..." He sighed. "It would've been nice to be your friend, but no. I don't think it's a great idea for us to be friends." He sat up and I felt like my whole confidence was crushed. It hurt though.... I had my confidence crushed many times before... so why does it hurt so bad now? Like... My heart just dropped? "Actually, I think it's better if we'd avoid each other from now on." I flinched at the last sentence.

"But why!?" I yelled a little too hurt. Dirk looked surprised by my outburst. I shook my head. "I thought we could be great chums! Can't we just talk to each other here. In detention at least?" I asked with as much desperation I felt. I was soo close! I wonder what went wrong!? All I need is to be chums with him and settle my interests once and for all. There's so much more I want to know about him!

"Okay. Detention is fine. We can still talk in detention, but no where else unless it's mandatory. Do you understand?" Dirk asked sternly. My eye widened and I smiled with as much happiness I ever felt today. My eyes lit up with hope.

"Yes! I understand fully!" I replied chuckling with happiness. Dirk straigtened up instantly then layed his head down on the desk facing the other way. I tilted my head still smiling. "Are you alright mate?" I asked a little concerned. I heard him sigh.

"Yeah.... I'm just a bit tired." Was his response.

A/N

Ahhhh! Yassssss. Done with another chapterrr!! Hope you enjoy! Now I gots other stuff to work on!

~ Selena Callow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 516 22
Jake is an Omega. Dirk is an Alpha. two separate types two separate worlds and views. Jake has tried to hide his identity for years and had succeeded...
12.4K 216 22
"I don't like you Derek Hale!" I tried to sound convincing, of course he could hear my heart beating. "I don't like you either. You're a baby, and yo...
40.6K 831 22
Just another story of Davekat (Dave Strider+Karkat Vantas) Or is it..? Dave Strider, the cool, ironic, kid with shades, has to help guide one of th...
679 21 16
Karkat Vantas. A very unpopular, short, and short-tempered troll. He tries desperately to make it through his first year in a human school, but with...