The promise made but never ke...

By thereaper1927

My name's Lucy. Seventeen years old. I live a simple and normal life. I live with my mom while my dad lives o... More

First things first
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty One

4.8K 208 148
By thereaper1927

I just got back to Japan a day ago.

My schedule was hectic, before I left Chicago.

Today is my best friend's wedding.

Oh. That sentence was wrong.

This is how it should be:

OH MY GOD! IT'S MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING, TODAY! I'M SOOO SCREWED! I'M GONNA BE LATE!

I had to fly from Narita to Nagasaki airport in a rush.

Damn it! My body clock's screwed.

Better be screwed, than to die by my best friend's hand.

I literally have two hours left before Levy-chan's wedding.

The plane just landed and it takes about an hour from the airport to the hotel.

I wasn't able to contact Levy-chan yet, that I've arrived Japan, due to panic.

I hailed a cab and asked the driver to make the cab fly to the hotel, if possible.

Damn you, Gajeel for picking the church, just because it has a gothic style to it!

We've finally arrived at Crowne Plaza Nagasaki Gloverhill.

I still have 45 minutes left.

Good thing, Levy-chan told me which hotel and room she was booking for the wedding a month ago.

I dashed towards Levy-chan's room.

I knocked on the door and Erza opened the door in shock.

"Surprise!" I shouted in exasperation, as I walk inside the room and closed the door.

They were all staring at me and I looked at Levy-chan's once loneliest face on Earth, became glorified.

"I knew it! I knew you'd come!" Levy-chan tucked me in a bear hug.

"Levy-chan... We only have forty something minutes left... I'm sorry it took so long for me to get here... I really tried my best, though! Oh gosh, you look stunning!" I managed to say between huffs.

She was wearing beaded ruffle organza ball gown, and she's absolutely gorgeous!

I felt 3 sets of arms hug me, from all different directions, that made me chuckle.

"LUCY-SAN!"

"OH. LU-CHAN!"

"LITTLE LUCY!"

"Hello aunt Lucy!" A blue haired little girl, greeted.

"Oh my gosh! Nice to finally meet you, personally, Jezreel-chan!" I smiled at the 5 years old kid.

"Mama said you're really pretty in personal and, like always, she's right!" she chirped.

"Aww... Thanks Erza and Jezreel-chan!" I hugged Jezreel, and earned a smile from Erza.

"Lucy-san, Ashen would like to meet you too!" Juvia called and I turned towards her holding her 8 months old son.

I held Ashen in my arms, smiling.

"You'll become a wonderful child someday! Oh, and a cool one, too!" I cooed.

"Okay guys, now that the maid of honor has arrived, let's get cracking!" Levy-chan ordered as she clapped her hands.

"So, she's the maid of honor?" Juvia and Erza whispered to each other, behind me.

"LEVY! HOW DARE YOU HIDE THIS FROM US?" Juvia and Erza yelled angrily.

"G-Gomen..." she rubbed both her hands together, asking for forgiveness.

Before I knew it, I was pulled by some random girls that made me shower quickly and arranged my hair then made me wear a simple dress.

I was wearing a light pink sweetheart ruched chiffon dress that falls above my knees and a white 5 3/4 Inch Stiletto Heel.

My long hair was curled and it was placed in a messy but sophisticated-looking bun, leaving enough strands of hair sticking out in front, to cover my ears.

I walked towards them and they all smiled a goofy smile at me.

They handed me the set of flowers.

We have 15 minutes until the wedding ceremony starts.

A limo drove us straight to Ōura Church, which only took us less than 3 minutes.

Someone signaled that the bride has arrived and everyone was on their position.

The music starts and Levy-chan was nervous.

I held her hand and smiled at her.

"It's going to be okay."

She gave me a nervous smile, but her eyes widen as she looked at my back, and her eyes shined then...

She smirked.

"Levy, who was I supposed to walk with?" A masculine voice from behind me, questioned.

That voice.

"Her." Levy-chan simply answered, and smirked devilishly.

I slowly turned around preparing myself and looked straight at him, straight in the eyes.

He gasped.

Time stopped.

My breathing hitched and my heart's thumping briskly.

We looked at each other's eyes unwaveringly.

Silence.

Someone tugged my dress, I looked at Levy-chan and she was smiling triumphantly.

"It's almost the maid of honor and best man's march. You two get ready." She smiled confidently, no more trace of her nervousness from before.

He's the best man?

Did Levy-chan plan this?

I walked tensely beside him and tightened my grip on the bundle of flowers in my hands.

UGH! I can't concentrate!

He looks... mature, attractive, and hot!

I blushed and focused on marching down the aisle.

"Hey." He greeted, sounding a bit uneasy.

"Hi." I responded awkwardly.

"You look... Gorgeous..." he whispered nervously while blushing and I chuckled.

"Thanks! Well, you do, too... Well, pretty... I mean hot! Ugh! I'll shut up, now..." I pursed my lips in a tight line, blushing furiously.

Awkward Silence.

"So... when did you get back?" he questioned, looking straight ahead.

"Just a day ago..." I answered, smiling gently.

Silence.

Then, it was our turn to walk.

It felt weird walking beside him.

How long has it been?

We haven't seen each other for years.

As we reached the end of the altar, we looked towards each other's eyes as we stand by our assigned seats.

He was just staring at me.

From head to toe.

I felt self-conscious, so I turned away, looking at the aisle.

I focused my attention on the ring bearer and flower girl.

The flower girl was Asuka-chan, Levy-chan's adorable niece.

Asuka-chan is Bisca and Alzack's child.

Bisca is Levy-chan's cousin and she was one of the bridesmaids.

The ring bearer was Lily.

Panther Lily.

It's a cat.

Gajeel's pet cat, to be exact.

The rings were attached on Lily's collar.

Everyone gave him an 'Awww.'

And finally, the bride enters the church.

I looked at Gajeel's jaw dropping at the sight of his soon-to-be-wife.

Natsu nudged his elbow on Gajeel's side and Gajeel smiled as he wiped a tear from falling.

Again, Levy-chan looked completely stunning.

There were no words that can describe, how she walked gracefully down the aisle.

She was this playful best friend I had, back in high school.

But, look where we all are now.

We all grew up.

But we never forgot our past.

No matter how painful and heartbreaking it may be.

It was our pasts that builds us of our 'now'.

The wedding ended and my best friend threw her bouquet.

I walked far away from the place, as people kept on squeezing in and tried to catch the bouquet.

As I tried to squeeze out of the place, I felt something hit my head.

Hard.

I looked to see the bouquet, now on my hands, and I blushed.

How the hell did this happened?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 5K 60
-So I'm horrible at writing and this is my first book I've ever written and published. I would love any feedback and constructive criticism. Hope you...
84.3K 2.4K 32
(On Sunday 06-17-18 I will be revising some of the chapters. Please note that some will maybe be changed, and others will only be correcting the spel...
740 30 21
"Natsu, you make me happy. And I don't know how I could've gotten through this week without you. Even with me not being able to speak you didn't plea...
19K 847 49
♪(*^^)o∀*∀o(^^*)♪ It was at that time when Lucy Heartfilia, a sixteen year old girl who loves her childhood best friend, Natsu Dragneel but...