LEXIS ✔︎

By victoriapinkglitter

❝In every man, there is a beast. Lexis doesn't have a beast...he is the beast.❞ In the year 2145... More

Welcome To My Lair/Copyright
♚1. LIBERATION
♚2. VIBES
♚3. REVELATION
♚4. TOUCH
♚5. SHADOW
♚6. WALLS
♚7. AFTERMATH
♚8. BREATHE
♚9. TATTOO
♚10. RESUSCITATE
♚11. COLLISION
♚12. RETRIEVAL
♚13. CROWN
♚14. ANTICIPATION
♚15. GAMBLE
♚16. LIBIDO
♚18. VEILED
♚19. DARK
♚20. GOLD
♚21. BITE
♚22. ILLUSION
♚23. RAW
♚24. REVIVAL
♚25. HOPE
♚26. EMOTIONS
♚27. POSSESSIVE
♚28. SOLACE
♚29. SKIN
♚30. BURN
♚31. KING
♚32. AMOROUS (Part I)
♚33. AMOROUS (Part II)
♚34. HOWL
♚35. IGNITED
♚36. SIRENS
♚37. BELOVED
♚38. HUNTED
♚39. HUNGRY
♚40. TOTALITY
♚41. WE
♚42. GOOSEBUMPS
♚43. US
♚44. 101 (Part I)
♚44. LUST (Part II)
♚45. TASTE (Part I)
♚45. RED (Part II)
♚46. UNION (Part I)
♚46. BLISS (Part II)
♚47. LEXIS
♚48. HER
♚49. SHATTER
♚50. EPIPHANY
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL: LEGEND

♚17. AMBITION

81.4K 2.7K 449
By victoriapinkglitter

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." | Marilyn Monroe, Marilyn

                                            J o r d y nT a m e

    WHILE GROWING UP, I've always let people manipulate me. Whether it be my own mother or Talia, I was manipulated in ways that I look back now and I'm appalled. I was too soft and too naive. Today, I still feel as if I am those things. Maybe that's why I wanted to know so much about Alpha Lexis. I wanted to know if I could trust him. I wanted to know him inside and out. Because once I knew him, I had power. If I have power, I can't be manipulated. 

   Lexis took a risk for me. He crossed a boundary and broke down one layer of his thick walls. I knew now I could begin to trust him. I just hope he can begin to trust me. Then again, he wouldn't be able to do that unless I was willing to accept the responsibilities that came with being with him.

   Lexis' right hand roamed all over my body as I laid there on his bed with him. Nothing but a passionate kiss had taken place, but still being this close to him was a first. He touched me like I was everything, he kissed me like I was oxygen, and he took care of me like I was a queen.

"You asleep yet?" Lexis asks breaking our silence.

"No," I whisper.

"You should be." Lexis retorts. "You have school tomorrow. I want you to be able to perform well."

I turned my body around to face him. I smiled at him before watching his wondering hand. "Thank you," I tell him causing him to narrow his eyes.

"For what?" He asks.

"For tonight, for taking care of me."

Lexis' eyes darken before looking away from me. "I care about you. I know I don't always show it but I do. That's why I keep my distance at times. I'm scared if I get too close-"

"I'm close right now," I say cutting him off. "So what are you protecting me from?"

Lexis sighs. "Baby girl, it's not that simple." He explains. "You don't know me..."

I roll my eyes. "You don't know me either."

Lexis smirks. "So?" He questions.

"I'm dangerous too." I mumble.

Lexis chuckles. "I'm sure you are. Now, get some sleep. You have a long day tomorrow."

    I try closing my eyes but sleep wouldn't come. My mind kept going to different places. I needed to relax. I had to let my brain rest. I shut my eyes harder before sighing in defeat. I sit up groaning in frustration.

Lexis sits up with worry. "What? What's the matter?" He asks.

I shake my head before running a hand through my hair. "I'm not tired, are you?" I question him.

Lexis shakes his head before moving closer to me. "Sleep doesn't come easy for me." He tells me before taking my hand and playing with my fingers.

   This was my chance. This was my chance to get to know Lexis. The mood was quiet and intimate which was the perfect atmosphere to question him.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask out of the blue.

Lexis nodded gazing at me hard. His full focus was on me as he waited for me to speak.

"What is your greatest memory while growing up?" I asked hesitantly.

   Lexis did not like to talk about himself. It was almost like a defense mechanism. He said his motive was to protect me but I knew deep down he was also trying to protect himself.

Lexis takes a breath before removing his hand away from mine and running it through his black hair. "I remember when my mom took me down to the garden of the pack house. She showed me all the fruits, vegetables, and flowers...." A small grin was placed on his face as he relived this memory. "She told me that all of them had one thing in common. They were all alive. They all needed soil and a source of energy. She then told me to apply that to life. She told me that it didn't matter if someone was a werewolf, vampire, witch, or human. She said it didn't matter if someone was mortal or immortal. We were all the same in a way."

   I smiled before laying my head on his shoulder. I had so many more questions to ask him. I wanted to ask him about his relationship with his sister and Jezirae. I wanted to ask him about his father but I knew I couldn't. Those were touchy subjects that would ruin this moment.

   I turn my attention to his room and my eyes immediately gaze over at the books on his dresser. In one of those books, there was the photo I found yesterday. The photo of that girl that I had seen on the walls of the pack before it was taken down.

   A feeling came over me. I didn't know where it came from but it engulfed my thoughts like a virus. Was it jealousy? I was never the jealous type but a strong feeling of envy washed over me. And it wasn't long before I straddled Lexis and kissed his lips. The kiss was softer than the one that occurred a few minutes ago.

   His hands traveled all over my body and I moan against his lips when he cups my butt. Lexis' lips in seconds were on my neck, kissing and tugging at the sensitive skin. I moan at the touch of his lips. Something sharp suddenly grazes over my skin before an unnatural hiss came from his mouth.

   Without hesitation, I pull away from him. Lexis' now orange eyes were prominent before fading back to his natural blue pigment. I glare at him in shock before getting off of him. Lexis doesn't speak as if he was as shocked as I was, as if he didn't understand what had just happened.

"W-What was that?" I ask him, still shocked.

"I-I don't know..." Lexis muttered huskily. I look at him trying to get a glimpse of his eyes. I was trying to read him but I was failing miserably. Lexis must have noticed because he turned the other way. "You should really get some sleep though."

    I lay my head down on the pillow before covering myself with the red covers. I close my eyes but I couldn't help but think about what happened moments ago.

"Miss. Tame, there's stuff that we need to discuss with you." Mr. Bates, my school principal tells me. Standing behind him was my school's counselor; Mrs. Arron.

I clutched the book in my hand anxiously waiting for the subject of this meeting.

"How are you, Miss. Tame?" Mrs. Arron questions causing me to shrug.

"I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I answer.

My principal smirks at me before looking down at a document. "A student had told me that you were out past curfew with some boy. If this is true, we will have to inform the union."

    My mouth parts in shock. This couldn't be happening. Talia was not seriously going to make me take the blame for her actions.

"I-I didn't-"

"The student also claims that you have a book. A journal, that you keep your thoughts in. Am I right?"

"Y-Yes, just a regular diary." I say.

"Hmm?" My counselor hums. "That's funny because the student said the book was stolen."

"Yeah, I got it back."

"When?" She asks me.

"Yesterday..." I tell her.

"After curfew!" She hollers causing me to flinch.

"No!" I yell jumping to my defense. "I wasn't with a boy last night and I had gotten it back yesterday at school."

Mrs. Arron smirks before whispering something into Principal Bates' ear.  Principal Bates glares at me before speaking. "A student named Trey Hampton is missing, before we can make a report to the union we need suspects."

  My heart raced. A feeling, an intense feeling in my chest that I have never felt before was taking a toll on my body. I gasped for air as the two administrators eyed me intensely.

"Jordyn, you are an excellent student and role model at this school. That comes with honesty. Do you know where Trey could be hiding?" Principal Bates asks.

   My mouth began to twitch as anxiety engulfed my body. I couldn't, I couldn't tell them but I had too. Talia tried shifting the blame on me to save her and her family. That's not fair.

"T-Talia," Was all I could breathe out.

   I wake up before jerking myself to sit up. I was sweating and my breathing was aggressive as I tried to get myself to relax.

   That's right, my fallout with Talia was the cause of my anxiety. Ever since then I got anxious over anything.

Guilt.

Guilt because I was the reason why Talia's parents had nothing.

  Rule 62: It was illegal to shelter a child that was not yours for over 24 hours. This was a law the union created so all children would follow the curfew. Trey had gotten in trouble at home for gambling his mother's fake jewelry so he hid at Talia's place. When the police went over to the Padamore's place and found Trey, Talia's parents were forced to pay a huge fine which wiped out most of their savings.

   People asked me, why would I be friends with someone like her? Someone who manipulated me and belittled me. That's why. I felt guilty for what I did. I felt like I was bound to her. She knew this, and she took that to her advantage. What could I have done though? Talia had told them a false story. I had to tell the truth. There was no way I was going to take responsibility for something I didn't do.

  That's the real reason I believe Talia made up that lie about my parents wanting to 'relocate me'. She just wanted revenge.

The bathroom door opened and out came Lexis in nothing but a towel. His worried blue eyes were gazing at me while water drips down from his wet hair onto his toned chest. He walks over to me in a hurry noticing my condition. "Baby, what's wrong? What happened?" He interrogates me.

    I look up at him and his face softens when he notices the thick coat of tears welling up in my eyes. I held them back the best I could. I wasn't going to cry in front of him. That's weakness.

Lexis sits on the bed, still in his towel. He pulls me onto his lap, not taking his eyes off me. "Why are you crying?" He questions.

I shake my head. I wasn't crying. I touched under my eyes only to feel the wet tears that had fallen. I sigh. "Why did you choose me?" I asked causing him to look at me in confusion. "Why did you choose me at the liberation? Why?"

Lexis places a strand of my untamed hair behind my ear. "Where's this coming from?"

I shake my head. "You're not answering me!" I grit out. "You chose the wrong girl. You should have chosen Talia. She needed this more than me. Her family was struggling."

Lexis shook his head. "I wanted you and I wanted no one else but you." He says. "Struggling? You are giving remittances to her family. You have nothing to feel guilty about." He soothes kissing my neck.

   I flinch for a moment remembering what happened last time his lips were there but I eventually relaxed into his touch. I buried my fingers into his wet hair as my body began to relax.

"A few hours after school, Councilwoman Tarah would like to see you. Your first lesson of Alpha female training starts today." Lexis informs me.

I turn to him before pecking him on the lips. "When will I see you?" I ask him.

He smiles softly. "I have meetings all day, but I'll be back before tonight." With that, he kisses my lips once more. "Then we'll continue this."

   I watched as Lisa punched the punching bag with so much consistency and skill. Her face was so concentrated and each punch was aggressive. She suddenly stops before taking a breath and turning to me with a smirk.

"Wanna try?" She says taking off her gloves and walking towards me.

I shake my head. "I would but my nurse told me I shouldn't be evolved in these activities. You know-"

"Head injury..." She mumbles cutting me off. "I'm sorry. I should've known."

I chuckle brushing it off. "You know, you're really good. When did you start training?" I ask her curiously.

She smiles to herself before putting the gloves on a rack. "I was twelve, it was back at my hometown before I got enrolled into this pack..." She then trails off. "It's a story I'm not really comfortable talking about."

   I nod, knowing that whatever it was, it wasn't my place to push. I check my phone before sighing at the time. I was expected to meet councilwoman Tarah upstairs for my first lesson.

"Thanks for joining me by the way." She says grabbing my attention. "Brooke never comes to watch me...like ever." She adds while chuckling to herself.

"No problem, just give yourself a rest okay? You pushed yourself hard." I tell her before grabbing my bag. "I have to get to my lesson."

Lisa nods before a smirk sprawls across her lips. "Oh," She teases. "What lesson is the Alpha teaching you today?" She asks with a wink.

   I gasp narrowing my eyes at Lisa playfully. I shouldn't be surprised. Only Lisa would find a way to make anything into a vulgar joke.

"See ya, Lisa." I say walking out the door of the training room.

On my way out I heard, "Hey, make sure contraceptives are used!"

"Jordyn, I'm glad you could make it." Councilwoman Tarah tells me as I walk into the room.

    The room was located upstairs on the right side of the pack house. Walking in, the windows were huge and allowed me to see the campus outside. Inside the room were laptops and tablets. A huge flat screen device was up against the wall. There are a few pack members in the room and some were eyeing us in curiosity.

"Welcome to the 'dream room'." She says extending her arms out. "You will be in here for most of your training."

I nodded taking another opportunity to look around the room. "It's impressive,"

Councilwoman Tarah chuckles. "It's not just impressive. Did you get the chance to get a glimpse of our newest technology? We have a flat screen specifically programmed to handle holograms, teleportation, and maybe even the glimpse into the future." She informs me passionately.

"So what's the message you're trying to send to me here?" I question her with a raised eyebrow.

"Jordyn, you're different... " She tells me.

I chuckle at her words. "That's one I've never heard before," I comment sarcastically.

She smirks before looking around the whole room. Her eyes looking out the large windows getting a glimpse of the outside view. "Look around, dear. Look at all this stuff. This is power...this is what the world is about."

I follow her eyes trying to get the gist of her speech. I didn't see it, I didn't agree with her. What was around me didn't automatically give me or anybody else power.

"I heard you chose law for your extra curriculum activity. How's the class going?" She questions.

"I haven't started the class yet. You know...the attack set me back a couple of days." I explain.

She nods. "I hope you don't think the council has forgotten about that. We are trying to plan logical yet productive ways to resolve our bad blood between pack 156." She says with a smile. "But you are going to love our law program."

Councilwoman Tarah motions for me to follow her. She takes me to a small glass table with refreshments and a bowl of lemon squares. I sit down awkwardly looking around. When were we going to get into the Alpha Female aspect of this meeting?

"Jordyn, what do you believe is the most important thing that is needed in this world?" She questions me.

"Peace and equality," I answer.

She shakes her head slowly. "I agree with you on peace but not so much on equality. Can you elaborate?" She asks as if intrigued.

"Everyone should be treated the same despite their differences. Did you know that if a human and a werewolf were to commit the same crime the human would get triple the number of years in an asylum? Humans are forced to live in small crowded settlements that people like to call 'hometowns.' Human schools teach nothing about human accomplishments. Now tell me, how is that fair?"

Councilwoman Tarah intertwines her hands together. "All those things you've listed are for the protection of humans. Humans are the weaker race and they need to be observed more. If we give everyone equality then we wouldn't be protecting anyone. Chaos will start and people will riot."

"I disagree," I say. "You make it seem like this world we have grown accustomed to is perfect the way it is and I know well that you don't really believe that."

"That's why I brought you here, Jordyn. The first lesson of an Alpha Female: knowing that this system is not perfect but it is the best system. If not, then name me a better system." She challenges me.

"The system that was created 374 years ago. I'm talking about democracy. I'm talking about freedom and opportunity." I tell her.

She narrows her eyes at me before taking a sip of the water in front of her. "Jordyn if you are going to be our queen, you are going to have to do away with these irrational thoughts of yours. The union raised you. They created a system...the system. In the union we all think alike." She then trails off. "I'm not saying you can't help your kind. Alpha Lexis is a prime example of helping the mortals achieve their greatness without losing his core teachings."

"What do those teachings say?" I question her.

She doesn't answer me but instead eyes my wrist. "The Alpha gave you that, didn't he?"

I look down at my wrist to see the wristband Lexis had given me with the words fighter engraved on it. I had forgotten I put it back on. "Yes," I answer.

She nods. "I've never seen the Alpha so happy in years. I mean this, of course." She attempts a compliment. "He wouldn't give that to just anybody. He values you." She adds referring to the wristband.

"What are you trying to say?"

"You hold a certain degree of responsibility, Jordyn. You are not only valuable to the Alpha, you are valuable to me. My time is coming to an end and before that time comes I need to crown you as queen. You must take these lessons seriously..."

    I understood what she was trying to say but there was no way I was going to become a puppet to the union just like the rest of these leaders were. I was going to bring change and I was going to fight for equality.

    The last words that came out of her mouth were very momentous. They were words that had a deeper meaning than she was willing to reveal.

"You're the Alpha's second chance..."

To be continued...

Hey lovelies! Let's just say the next chapters following this you must expect the unexpected. Certain secrets will be revealed and steamy scenes from Lexis and Jordyn will be happening more often. Thanks so much for the support! Please do me the biggest favor and vote, comment, and follow for more news!

xoxo

-v

© All Rights Reserved(victoriapinkglitter)

                  Edited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

630K 14.8K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
690K 21.8K 64
MATE - the person every wolf looks for , seeks , desires . Jace Beckendorf , a powerful warrior, is the Alpha of the silver claw warrior pack. He doe...
120K 4.4K 64
Book 1 of The Lost Crown Series "Miss Selena Wilson, I have enough evidence, right at this instant to announce you as a traitor to the pack. You are...
38.8K 1.4K 19
❝He's the Alpha of Alphas, the King of all Kings, and because of that his glory is his greatest weapon.❞ In had been years since the integratio...