Bleeding Nights

By KayleeKatastrophy

Lainie doesn't believe in miracles. Doesn't believe in vampires. Even though they're all around her. The sad... More

Bleeding Nights
Bleeding Nights (2)
Bleeding Nights (3)
Bleeding Nights (4)
Bleeding Nights (5)
Bleeding Nights (6)
Bleeding Nights (7)
Bleeding Nights (8)
Bleeding Nights (9)
Bleeding Nights (10)
Bleeding Nights (12)

Bleeding Nights (11)

16 1 0
By KayleeKatastrophy

Chapter Eleven

            “Golden bloods my butt.” I whispered, feeling no need to speak louder than that. His exclamation caught me off guard, all right, and I was utterly, for lack of a better word, speechless.

            Alex quirked, “Lainie? What do you mean, Lainie?” I couldn’t reply, couldn’t speak, couldn’t breathe. It was all happening too fast. Vampires, redemption, saviors, bloodlines? No, please, I’d rather just be normal. I was suddenly shaken rapidly, “Oh my goodness, Lainie? Shit, you’re broken. I should’ve known! Crap, why is it always –”

            He was cut off when I slapped his pretty little cheek, “Would you just shut up for like, ten seconds? Christ.”

            “Lainie, you swore.”

            “I did not.” At least, I thought I didn’t.

            He glared at me pointedly, “You said Christ. That’s not nice.”

            “What?” I welt my eye twitch. A time like this, and all he could think of was me cursing? “You’re insane!”

            “No,” He corrected, still not moving his hands from my shoulders, “I’m just religious.”

            Something didn’t click with that, though. A psychic Christian? Yeah, right. “But, you’re a psychic. You deal with fallen angels all the time…”

            “Not fallen angels. Descendants of fallen angels.”

            I chose to ignore him, “How can you be religious?”

            He seemed to think on that a moment. Then, “You have to believe in something, right?”

            That, in turn, made me think. Did you have to believe in anything to exist? Did Sin or Oliver believe in God? Did I? Would I get sent to heaven if I didn’t? What about the devil? Would I go to hell? Would I go…anywhere?

            “I guess,” I finally agreed, “But what does that have to do with this?”

            “You brought it up; therefore, you made it relevant.”

            “Actually, you brought it up.”

            “Shit,” He cursed.

            I giggled, trying to stifle it, with no result. “I’m sorry, but I wouldn’t lie.”

            “I know.” He confessed, “But I just, eh, hate being wrong. It sucks some mega giraffe abortions.”

            Another giggle, “I bet.”

            “I feel the raving more and more,

I like to jump right on the floor,

I feel the bass drum more and more,

It’s time for this.”

            I looked around, confused. What on earth was that? Where was it coming from? And, perhaps the most important question of all, what kind of song was that? I was going to think those questions out loud, when Alex quickly pulled out Haven’s cell phone and answered it. “Hello?”

            There were some muffled sounds. “Who? I don’t know a TJ.”

            “Yes, you do!” I reminded him.

            He scoffed, “Do not.”

            “Ehem.” I glanced at him warily, “You do.”

            “How do you know who I know and don’t know?”

            That made my head spin. “Haven…”

            He stopped me, looking proud. “I’m not Haven, I’m –” He suddenly remembered what body he was inhabiting. That, and I covered his mouth with my hand. “Oh!” It was muffled, so it came out like, “Hmp!”

            “Oh!” He repeated, once my hand was forcefully removed from his face. “Yeah, I’m Haven. Who’re you? TJ? I don’t know a…”

            I tore the phone from him, “Hello? Yeah, hi, TJ. No, this is Elaina. Yup, I go by Lainie as well.” Alex tried listening in, but I shoved him back.

            “Hey, Lainie!” His girly voice came through. “What are you doing? Is Haven okay?”

            “Uh huh, yeah, he’s here.”

            I could feel TJ radiating through the phone, “Oh! Okay, can I talk to him again?”

            “No, I don’t think that’s a good idea.” I warned.

            “Why?” He gasped.

            I sighed, “Haven isn’t exactly himself right now. He felt sick, so I’m taking him home. Sorry, he has a fever and is really confused.”

            “Oh,” He sounded a tad disappointed, “No worries! Can you just tell him to call me when I feel better?”

            “Sure.”

            “Kay, thank you. Bye!” And the line went dead.

            I looked at Alex sharply, but he cut my smart ass comment off, “Don’t say it.”

            “Say what?” I asked, pretending to not know what he was talking about.

            He narrowed his violet eyes, “You know exactly what I don’t want you to say. Don’t lie to me, you can’t anyways. It’s physically impossible to lie to a physic, especially yours.”

            “Yeah,” I snarkily remarked, “Only you’d say that.”

            “Do you know any other psychics?” He raised an eyebrow, ironically Haven’s eyebrow, so it was a bit off.

            I crossed my arms and huffed, “Of course I do. Hello, Haven?”

            Alex was amused, you could tell by the slight uplift to the corners of his mouth. “He’s not your psychic, though.”

            “You never asked for other psychics of mine.” I challenged, “But simply other psychics in general.”

            “Whatever.”

            I had won, “Are you mad now?”

            He pouted, slouching. “Maybe. Why do you insist on being right all the time?”

            “It’s a gift, “ I shrugged, “Besides, you set yourself up for failure by crossing points repeatedly. I simply correct you. Therefore, I insist on you being right, not I.”

            He smiled, “Lainie, sometimes you’re too smart for your own good.”

            “Well, look at who I have to learn from.” I smiled, glad that he called me smart, even if it was a form of a backhanded compliment. “Now, what about this Golden blood nonsense?”

            He seemed to darken, “Talk to your mom about it.”

            “But –”

            “No.” He shook his head for emphasis. “I’m not going to inform you about something involving another line. If she is one though, make sure she stays safe. There are only two in existence, and they’re immortal, you know. Wandering ears could be listening, so I’ll stop. I have to go anyways, my powers are straining. Stay tough, Lainie. You’ll make it through.”

            Then he vanished, Haven’s body and all.

********************************************

This took a while to write, and I wrote it in school, so it's not all that good, but I thought it was too serious. Comedy needed to be implied. Plus, a cliff hanger :O enjoy! Vote/Comment?(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 3.8K 52
Sage Asher just moved to Maple Town with his parents. He quickly befriends Caden Jones, the school's nerdy rich boy with a bad past in his family. N...
26.5K 1.1K 35
NOT EDITED Since I was little I believed in love and all good things. I didn't even know what darkness was. Even if my mother didn't love me I still...
594 67 22
Ahem THIS BOOK IS OKAY IN THE BEGGINING AND I LOST INTEREST AND IT BECAME HORRIBLE SO I SUGGEST YOU DONT READ THIS BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE A WASTE OF TIM...
82 0 38
It's the early 2010s and people are still in their deep blue pill state of the 9-to-5 corporate hustle, including Linny Le, a woman in her early twen...