The Vampire Slave

By Xxbrokenhearts67xX

*First completed book in this series* Raven is a normal teenage girl in a normal town. But when she walks hom... More

Vampire Slave (vampire love story)
Chapter 1: A Night to NOT Remember
Chapter 2: Special events
Chapter 3: Big News
Chapter 4: Familiar people
Chapter 5: New School
Chapter 6: Lost Then Found, Then Lost
Chapter 7: School
Chapter 8:The Meet
Chapter 9: I use my right hand
Chapter 10: Vampire News
Chapter 11: Ice Cream
Chapter 12: Blaze
Chapter 13: Touched
Chapter 14: Pool of Blood
Chapter 15: Start of Hell
Chapter 16: Dracula
Chapter 17: A Party Full of Drama
Chapter 18: Nightmares and Demons Oh My!
Chapter 19: Welcome Home
Chapter 20: Date Night
Chapter 21: Powers Unsheathed
Chapter 23: Sucked In
Chapter 24: Trapped
Chapter 25 : Captured
Chapter 26: Slaved
Chapter 27: Break out part 1
Chapter 28: Break Out Part 2
Chapter 29: Confessions and Confusions
Chapter 30: Friendships
Chapter 31: Forgive Me
Chapter 32: Ice Dork
Chapter 33: Late Nights
Chapter 34: New York City
Contest !!! (Not a chapter)

Chapter 22: River of Tears

26K 704 221
By Xxbrokenhearts67xX

Sleeping and eating nothing but soup for a full day was a nightmare. I swear my stomach felt like it was going to break from all of the water I drank as well as the soup. Drake made sure I was tortured with that as he came in every two hours to give me medication and water. For lunch and dinner I had broccoli and cheddar soup—which isn’t as good when it is in a can.

At one point he had forced me to go pee by standing outside of the door for forty minutes until he could hear it so that I could drink more water!

Glaring at his hand as he fed me my last bit of soup, I slowly swallowed it then smacked his hand away from my face. I definitely didn’t like being fed soup by some guy who was staring at me cockily. I didn’t give him the satisfactory of victory as I refused to eat the last of what he made.

I’m still surprised that my bladder didn’t burst from the amount of water I consumed.

“Drake, no it’s too much,” I grumbled, pushing away the spoon. By now my face was sweating and I swore I had a fever. I couldn’t even think things straight anymore because of what happened. I knew me being sick didn’t help at all and all I wanted was to go to school to study for the test I had in Forensics. Even though I had no school today, I doubted Drake would let me go to school tomorrow with how sick I felt today.

He glared back at me. “You need to drink lots of fluids and soup.”

“Yeah, but I had enough! I already drank like 6 pints of water,” I stated, trying to look as non-sick as possible.

Shaking his head, he bit his lip—probably trying to bite back a smirk as he said, “You have not. You haven’t even peed more than four times today. With the amount of water in your system, it should have flushed out quicker.”

“Since when did you become a doctor?”

“Since when did you become such an instigator?” he retorted.

I gasped. “I am not! I am just asking.”

Drake fake coughed into his hand and muttered, “Instigator.”

Wow, what an immature boy! Narrowing my eyes at his pathetic use of insults, I turned on my back and was just about to get up when Drakes arm pulled me back to the bed, tucking me in pretty tight.

Surprised at the sudden movement, I looked up into Drake’s teasing eyes as he cocked an eyebrow. “You need to sleep more.”

“I’ve slept enough,” I protested, slapping my palm against the mattress.

“No, I am going to leave now but promise me you will sleep,” he ordered, looking into me with a cautious expression.

I softened my glare at him and puffed. “Fine, but only because you were so helpful today.”

“I’ve got one more thing to ask,” he said softly, walking towards me and leaning above me.

I was left breathless as he pecked my cheek. I felt guilt fill me as I remembered about the date I went on with him then the one with Blaze. I didn’t feel the same heart throbbing sensation with Drake but there was something there.

“Yes?” I asked, looking into his golden eyes.

He kissed my check again but letting his lips linger there for a while. He murmured against my cheek, “Will you go steady with me?”

I stopped breathing as I realized what he just asked. Did I really want to go steady with him, especially after what happened with Blaze? For some reason, I found myself saying, “Yes.”

I mentally smacked myself. I wasn’t ready to make a decision with my situation—well, atleast not yet. Me and my stupid mouth, I thought to myself.

Drake gave me a wide smile that made me wonder why I would ever think of saying no to his innocent face. Leaning in, he connected our lips together. I could feel the sweet taste of mint on him which made me smile back.

The kiss didn’t last long but it was nice and sweet.

With a wide gleaming smile, he got up and dusted his hands off before he left me in the room. Now that I was alone, the only comfort I had were my thoughts. Sometimes I didn’t trust my mind though. Every time Drake had left while I was in here, I would feel a cold draft even though the window was closed.

Or I would feel a pair of vengeful eyes on me.

Something was wrong and I needed answers.

Answers that Blaze wouldn’t give me.

Just like the other few times I was left alone, I got mad and threw my pillow across my face. Groaning into it, I took a few deep breathes before I stretched and settled down in my very uncomfortable bed. Right when I was about to drift into sleep, I got a scary thought that jolted me awake.

Confused, I opened my eyes to have the world around me change. The lighting was dim as if we were in a poorly lit cave underground. The jagged rocks that curved around me told me that I was right. There were a set of medieval wooden doors that had black metal strapped across it for security. I half expected there to be knights in shiny silver metal armor guarding the doors but I wasn’t greeted with any.

Instead, there was a huge, probably 6 foot 9 burly man in the way. His muscles ripped throughout his body while every move he made caused the muscles to bulge out threateningly. He wore a long sleeved, slim black shirt that looked suspiciously like under armor although the shirt wasn’t form-fitting at all. I knew that he wasn’t really in medieval times since he was wearing brand new designer fitted jeans.

The fact that he had his huge arms crossed across his chest told me he really wasn’t happy to see me.

It didn’t take a genius to figure out that he was a vampire. His dark amber eyes switched to a bright red like Blaze’s did from time to time. They clashed with his long, dark brown hair that was braided to the side, pieces of hair falling out to frame his pale face. I gulped at the silver eyebrow piercing and snake tattoo that slithered up his arm and disappeared under his shirt.

He was definitely not here on good business. If anything, trouble was probably his middle name.

Although I have never seen this man in my life, he snarled at me, showing me his sharp and evil fangs.

Feeling my own eyes widen slightly then narrow to its own accord, I watched as his meaty hands clenched into fists. His jaw tensed and his eyes blazed their fiery red. The blood underneath his skin flooded into his cheeks as he narrowed his own eyes at me. Then, he got onto all fours before he lunged towards me like a huge tiger.

Then I saw my dorm room come back into focus.

“Holy cow,” I muttered when a window-shattering headache replaced the fear. My head was throbbing as if I fell down somewhere and hit it. As if on cue, my stomach felt as if it was punched in and then torn apart.

Again, I groaned as I sat onto my bed and curled up into a ball. My whole body was shivering and all I wanted was to get better. Everything felt numb and I knew I had to do something. The first thought that came to mind was Blaze.

Blaze, listen to me. I need your help I thought to him, as loudly as I could.

Then, like I was a fish on a line, I was pulled up by something not physical, but spiritual. My mind reeled as I stood up and followed it, pulling onto it as fast as I could. I didn’t go far but I ended up in the forest, just a few miles from the school.

Trees whizzed past me continuously until I just… stopped. My whole body went limp as I sat next to a tree and kneeled.

I knew I was there for a reason and sitting there—in the dark shadows of the tress—helped me heal. Everything around seemed to lighten up too as I sat there and renewed. I felt replenished and as light as a feather.

It seemed like hours or days before I finally felt like someone was there.

I felt a tug in my head. “Raven,” someone groaned into my thoughts.

“Blaze?” I asked, looking into the shadows.

He only groaned in response as I quickly stood and inspected his body. From beneath the trees, he limped over to me with his hair around him in a messy daze. All of his clothes were dirty with a purple liquid and his eyes were almost orange. Instead of flickering like always, they stayed at the rusty, bright color.

His arms limped to his side as his eyelids fell closed and dropped to the floor.

A huge headache had my vision going blurry until I regained my strength and stood in front of him. Just like a mother nurturing her baby, I placed his head into my lap and stroked his hair.

“Blaze, I need you to wake up,” I hushed, leaning down close to him.

Although his skin was as cold as ice and numbing my palm at the moment, I kissed his forehead softly and murmured, “Wake up Blaze.”

“Raven…,” he muttered, his eyes flittering open.

They were still orange but instead of white around the pupils, they were bloodshot red. All around his eyelids were yellow and his cheeks were paler than white—almost a purple color. He had heavy bags and his breathing was uneven.

Instead of the usual flawless skin he had, there were bruises and cuts all over his cheek, neck, and body. Ripping away his almost-ripped-to-shreds-shirt, I wrapped it around his waist to stop the bleeding—which turned out a dark blue liquid—and tightened it.

“I need you to bite me,” I whispered, guiding his head to my wrist.

His whole body went rigid as his nose flared. “No!” he shouted—well, tried to shout. It came out more like a hoarse cough than anything. “I can’t, I can’t,” he muttered over and over as he struggled in my arms.

Smoothing down his hair, I hushed him. “Yes, you can. It won’t hurt me. You’re in so much pain and loosing too much blood. You need some in your system.”

“No, I can’t,” he cried, turning away from me.

Although it wasn’t easy, I pulled him up slightly so that he would be able to drink from me. I was working without even knowing anything that was happening. My heart told me what to do as I cleaned some of his wounds easily with some remains of his shirt. Blaze was still protesting from me when I tilted his chin towards me.

I gave him a light peck on his lips as I whispered, “Don’t be mad at me, please.”

With all of the strength he could muster, he furrowed his eyebrows at me before his eyeballs rolled into the back of his head. Taking a deep breath, I took my wrist and opened his mouth. When I found the fangs there with his dry tongue, I knew he was thirsting for my blood. He was running out of it and I was here right in front of him like a full refrigerator.

As quick as lightning, I slashed my wrist against his sharp fang so that blood started to drip. When his nose flared, I cried in relief to see his body move on instinct.

Practically sinking his teeth into my wrist, he moved closer to me as he gulped blood from me—slowly at first. For the first few moments I was filled with pain. I gritted my teeth in agony. My wrist was burning from the sharp teeth that were latching onto me like they were going to die. The animal in him took over as he greedily gulped my blood down.

When he finally came to his senses, he slowed down and a whole new wave of feelings drove through me. All of the strength that I had earlier came back and instead of moving from him to me, it seemed to link between us so that we could share it.

What I felt though was so different and wonderful that I couldn’t think. All I could do was feel. The pleasure that I felt was unimaginable. I threw my head back slightly as I let out a low moan. Energy rushed through my veins as the feel of his suspiciously warm breath flew across my skin. My other hand came up to hold his head against my arm.

The heat rushed through my body and touched me—caressed me with its delicate pleasure. Blaze quickly unlatched from my wrist before moving over to my neck. I could feel the strength going back into his body as he moved over me so that he was the one cradling me against his chest.

I felt his lips kiss my neck before plunging his teeth into me too. I gasped in delight as my eyelids closed. I hugged his body to me as he gulped blood from me. I could feel my body let instinct run over as I ran my fingers through his hair.

My body went limp a little as I felt myself going numb. The only difference was that I was full of energy and alive. I didn’t want this feeling to end and I could tell Blaze didn’t either. The only sensation my body could comprehend at the moment was pleasure and bliss. He seemed to feel the same thing as his course of actions seemed to crash through me.

The first emotion ran through me like a river. There was a bit of uneasiness but the tension melted away when instinct took over. His body relaxed against mine perfectly until he was the one holding me. All I could process was that he didn’t hate me and that he trusted me even though he didn’t want to. That was all I needed to feel like I was on cloud nine but of course this whole vampire seduction thing was a plus.

Both him and I could tell I wasn’t going to be able to live if any more blood was taken away from me. I could feel the reluctance in me as he shifted away from me slightly.

Hugging his defined body, I kissed his shoulder which made him immediately freeze. Realizing how much he already drank, he groaned against my neck.

When he finally stopped drinking, he licked the wound on my neck clean and then sealed it. I shivered in ecstasy as he kissed the spot lightly then move on to do the same to my wrist.

The energy still coursed through me and with the strength still remaining, I pulled his mouth onto mine. The taste of my blood lingered on his lips but I didn’t care. I was craving him and he was all I needed. I could feel our blood strengthen as my hand held onto his. Drake flew from my mind as I took in his scent and flavor.

Giving him a final kiss that I was hoping would stay in my memory forever, I pulled back and gasped for breath.

“Raven,” he whispered, his voice full and rich—like it should be.

I could feel the energy drain from me as my body started to go limp. This time, it was because I was tired and drained rather than intervened by a demon. “Blaze, I’m so tired,” I muttered, as I curled up against his chest.

He stroked my hair softly as he kissed my temple. “Go to sleep sweetheart, I will be right here.”

With that in my head, I drifted off into a blissful sleep.

My eyes opened to see the dorm room. Trying to get up, I grimaced and felt my body sore all over. It wasn’t like the last time I woke up in my bed but I was still extremely sore—especially in my neck. I scanned the room until I saw a regretful looking Blaze by the bathroom door.

“Good, you’re awake,” he muttered, his lip curling.

My eyebrows furrowed at the attitude seeping through his voice. Man, he really needed to get a handle on that or else he was really going to get killed from it. When the nights memories returned to me, I almost passed out in embarrassment.

Why embarrassment, you may ask? One reason was because I basically forced him to drink from me even though he was in need of it or else he probably would’ve bled to death. Another would probably be the fact that I passed out in his arms when he finished drinking from me.

Well, it was most likely the latter. There is no way Blaze will ever know how much of an effect he has on me. Boy would I be embarrassed then.

“I heard that,” Blaze smirked slightly as he leaned against the door.

My eyes widened before I sputtered, “I-I didn’t say anything!”

Rolling his eyes, he gave me a grimace as he sat down next to me. Carefully, he picked up my hand and held it as he looked straight into my eyes. Normally I would’ve pulled away and smartly retort something but the way he was looking at me now felt like he actually cared.

“I’m so sorry,” he choked out, looking down in shame.

Biting my lip, I lifted his face with my hand and made him keep his gaze on me. I saw remorse and guilt etched into his eyes. I knew he was deeply hurt by the feeding off of me thing but I felt like there was something more. Like a bad memory or something.

“Blaze,” I stated firmly. “You did nothing wrong. You needed blood and I am not even close to mad at you about it. Don’t regret it because I liked it.”

My cheeks burned at the weird confession but it was true. There is no way I would ever regret what happened. I felt rejuvenated and in complete bliss. Not only did it feel good but I felt connected to Blaze in a way I couldn’t understand.

Blaze gave me a small smirk as he winked. “There’s more where that came from.”

“Shut up,” I muttered, rolling my eyes.

His eyes looked raw as he confessed, “I didn’t think you would be able to look at me the same. What if I lost control? When you passed out, I was tearing myself up wondering why you were out for so long. Ofcourse, I checked your breathing and whatnot which made me feel only slightly better but--,”

I cut him off with a peck on his lips. “Just shut up Blaze. I’m alive and well.”

He cupped my face in his hands as he kissed softly, slow and passionate. My heart fluttered at the emotions that ran through me. There was no way I could get used to the gentle, heart-felt kisses that he showered me with. Each one left me wanting more, which caused Blaze to smirk against me.

Then, like some cheesy chick-flick, the door to my room opened as the most unexpected person entered the room. My face filled with terror at Drake’s shocked face. Breaking away from Blaze, I stood up.

“Drake, I--,” I started.

He cut me off with an ‘I-can’t-believe-this’ laugh. “Wow Raven, I seriously didn’t see this coming.”

I tried to find the right words to say but with Blaze’s eyes on me and Drake’s murderous stare, I couldn’t comprehend what was happening. “Drake, I’m so sorry,” I finally admitted, pleading.

“I thought I actually loved you Raven,” he pretty much shouted. “I asked you out only like four hours ago. I’m glad to know you felt the same way.”

“I wouldn’t have said yes if I was thinking straight,” I blurted. My eyes widened when I figured out what I just said. Feeling like a total doo doo head, I stuttered, “I m-meant that I--,”

Drake cut me off. “That’s okay, I bet if you were thinking straight you wouldn’t have even went on a date with me, right?”

“Drake, that’s not what I meant,” I started.

“Or do you also regret becoming friends?”

I gritted my teeth. “Stop it Drake! I was in a situation and I just said yes because--,”

The hurt was clear on his face. Turning to Blaze, he said, “You know what? Keep her. I bet she’ll be in another guys’ bed by tomorrow so you might as well do what you want with her now. It’s not like you mean anything to her anyways.”

“Drake, just leave,” I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes.

Drake snickered. “Gladly.”

With that, he stomped out of the room, leaving Blaze and I in a stunned silence. I was planning on doing something about the situation but I didn’t think that it would happen so soon. With time to think, I remembered that Blaze should’ve known that he was coming.

That was when it hit me.

Blaze did that on purpose! That was the reason why he smirked and not because I had liked the kiss. Anger started to course through my veins. I didn’t understand how I could go from weak to hurt to happy to sad to happy again then to pain and finally back to anger all in one day. All I knew was that I needed to know that Blaze didn’t do that on purpose.

“Blaze, why didn’t you hear him coming?” I asked him, my voice slightly rising.

He hesitated before he lied, “I just wasn’t paying any attention.”

“You’re such a liar!” I yelled. “How could you do that to me?”

“Why,” he stated dryly, “were you going to keep leading him on like nothing happened between us?”

“Ofcourse not!” I shouted. “I would’ve resolved the situation differently. How dare you make that decision for me.”

“You wouldn’t have done it yourself,” he snapped.

“And how would you know that Blaze? How in the hell are you able to see the future Blaze?” I asked, yelling at him.

Blaze only glared at me. “You would have done it when it was too late, that’s why.”

“That isn’t your decision to make!” I stuttered. “I just lost a great friend thanks to you.”

“You should be thanking me!” he finally shouted. “All I wanted to do was end it quickly. Didn’t you hear that? He loved you and a simple ‘I’m not interested’ wasn’t going to cut it.”

“Get out,” I muttered between clenched teeth.

“Raven, just listen,” he stated calmly, trying to hold onto my arms.

Pushing him away, I stated without looking at him, “I need time to think. Please, leave.”

With that, he growled before disappearing out of my window. Leaning against the wall, I took deep breathes before I finally let it all out. I cried and cried. I cried even when Vanessa had walked in. I cried when she tried to awkwardly comfort me before leaving. I cried until I fell asleep, angled against the wall with a river of tears surrounding me.

I cried because Blaze was right, I wouldn’t have told Drake until it was too late.

I cried because let’s face it, I was an idiot.

---

Hey you guys, sorry for the long wait! School is KILLING me, I can barely breath! Anyway, I hope you atleast like this chapter since I don't!

Xxbrokenhearts67xX 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 167 31
(Cliche vampire story) (Beware for this book is terrible) (JUST A NOTE THAT THIS BOOK IS ONLY STILL PUBLISHED BECAUSE IT WAS THE FIRST THING I WROTE...
713K 7.2K 35
A girl who grew up in a military base with her parents, ends up having to live with her grandparents and her cousin, to have a normal life. However...
361K 10.7K 34
ok to start off let me tell you about myself. My name is Scarlet. I have long red-brown hair and two differnt color eyes. Cool , right? Nope. I alway...
161K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...