Super Mario: Vortexnes

By ThatSingingKid

When Bowser's new weapon backfires, Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Bowser fall into an alternate dimension... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2: Vortexnes
Chapter 3: Opposite
Chapter 4: Impending Doom
Chapter 6: Dimentio
Chapter 7: Election
Chapter 8: Mr. M & Mr. L
Chapter 9: Dr. Elvin
Chapter 10: Glum Contact
Chapter 11: Multidimensional Battle
Chapter 12: Eight Monarchs
Chapter 13: Pres. of the U.S.K.
Chapter 14: Peach's Dream
Chapter 15: Jinxies

Chapter 5: Queen Toadstool

728 19 9
By ThatSingingKid

DAY 1: JULY 23

"Follow me, for this castle is the same as the one back at home.", stated the Princess as she walked through the door.

The trio of heroes walked down the many corridors of the familiar yet dark castle. The hole building was scorching, as it was in the center of a pool of lava.

"It's really creepy in here, it reminds me of my mansion.", remarked Luigi, looking around the clean but frightening hallways, filled with marble statues of poison mushrooms.

"Shh!", Mario hushed Luigi, "There are most likely some of those Toad guards keeping watch over the castle, and the last thing we need is to be imprisoned."

The three walked into the main entrance room. They looked down to the main level, to see the main door to the castle guarded my two Toads dressed in black, armed with swords.

"How are we going to get out of here when there are guards watching the whole castle?", Luigi asked. There was a moment of silence as they tried to think of a plan.

"I've-a-got it!", whispered Mario, "The Toad guard would have to respect their leader's wishes, right?" The two others nodded.                                                                                                                                                                "Since this is the opposite version of the Mushroom Kingdom, then "Evil Peach" must be the monarch.", Mario explained, "And I'm sure Evil Peach looks identical to Normal Peach, so she could go anywhere she wanted without being a trespasser."

Peach continued, "And you two must be villains here too, so all three of us must be respected here." Mario and Luigi agreed.

"Alright then, remember we're villains, so we have to act evil. Now, lets-a-go.", explained Mario. With that, the three "villains" walked down the right staircase, walking in a ridiculous and over-dramatic way, as they were pretending to be evil.

The two guards looked at the three horrible actors, and gave each other a strange look.

"GUARDS!!", Peach yelled in an attempted evil voice. The guards held their heads up, not even daring to look at their supposed queen in the eye. "OPEN THE DOORS FOR US!!", she continued. The two Toads quickly grabbed the handles, and held the two big doors open. The three started to walk out. Peach followed the two brothers, but accidentally stepped on the left guard's foot.

"Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry!!", Peach sorrowed, breaking character. The guard gave Peach a very strange look, for the actual queen would never apologize to a guard.

Clip-Clop-Clip-Clop. The sound of high heels echoed through the castle.

"My dear,", stated a sweet and sour voice state from the upper level, "Don't give your condolences to a mere soldier, for they are just peasants in fancy clothing."

The two Toads all of a sudden looked extremely puzzled. The three imposters didn't dare turn back to the voice, they could already tell who it was.

"Who are you and why are you strolling around in my palace", the voice asked. Mario, Luigi, and Peach slowly turned around, to see Queen Toadstool standing behind the rail with an outraged expression.  Peach and Toadstool were shocked when they saw each other. They thought they were looking into a mirror, except this mirror showed their opposite selves. What peach saw was a herself in a purple dress with a pointy crown and a red diamond on her chest. Toadstool saw a pink abomination of a dress with disgusting blonde hair. She looked over to the two plumbers on either side of the princess, whom she recognized as her two rude henchmen, Mr. M and Mr. L.

"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION.", boomed Queen Toadstool. The three felt a chill go up their spine.

Mario barely gained courage to reply, "I-It's-a-m-me, M-Mario"

"Who are the other two colorful abominations?", she angrily asked.

"T-This is L-Luigi, a-and this is P-Princess P-Peach", he replied, losing all of his confidence while staring into her blood red eyes.

"What? I am Peach. How can this be? I am the only rightful ruler of the Toadstool Empire! Ther is no possi- you know what? I do not even care anymore.", Toadstool replied, "GUARDS, THROW THEM INTO THE DUNGEON, IN THE CELL AT THE VERY END". With that, one guard grabbed Peach and Luigi, and the other grabbed Mario. They struggled, but clearly these soldiers were well trained.

"I will continue on ruling my beautiful kingdom as if this encounter has never happened.", snarled Toadstool. The two guards began to walk towards the door to the basement.

GWARRR!!!!

Everyone turned toward the the large hall on the upper level, where Toadstool was. They all saw a monstrosity of a dragon and turtle charging towards Toadstool. He rammed into her, causing her to  jolt up into the air and fall onto the right staircase. He leaped over the rail and ground-pounded into the floor, plowing his fist into the floor mosaic of a poison mushroom.

"Bowser!", the Peachs' exclaimed, withone sounding happier than the other. Toadstool ran up and opened a secret hatch and pushed a purple button. All of a sudden the hero, the underdog, the damsel-in-distress, and the villain were surrounded by hundreds of Toad guards. "Mama-Mia.", the four exclaimed in unison. Mario and Luigi grabbed their emergency fire flowers, Peach pulled out her parasol and held it like a sword, and Bowser got into a fighting position.

"CHARGE!!!!!", Toadstool screamed.

All 957 of the guards ran towards the four. They attempted to attack, but the four warded them off using their strength and weapons. Mario and Luigi excessively shot fireballs towards the guards. Peach whacked the guards with her parasol. She took off her crown and used it as a ninja star, which took out 30 guards, and flew back into her hand like a boomerang, taking out another 30. Bowser punched them with his giant fists, and breathed fire, causing them to run around with their suits on fire. Worried that she would lose, Toadstool grabbed the red diamond on her chest, and it began to glow brightly. She hovered into the into the air, and flew above Bowser. She saw him as her mortal enemy, the President of the USK (United States of Koopa). An orb of purple electricity formed in her hand. Peach heard the electricity shocks and quickly looked up, seeing a demon-eyed clone of herself about to attack her counterparts. She quickly jumped on to Bowser's back, and climbed his spiked shell like a rock-climbing wall.

Bowser looked back to his shell, "What are you-". Before he could finish, Peach leaped up towards Toadstool, and angrily smacked her face with her parasol, like an anime fighting scene. Toadstool, released the ball of electricity and plopped onto the ground. The electric ball bounced all over the walls, then it hit the ceiling, and was shooting back to the ground. Bowser quickly grabbed Mario, Luigi and Peach and leaped into the air, dodging an electric shock across the floor that Toadstool and the guards were effected by. The guards plopped onto the ground, unconscious. Toadstool, was on the tiled floor groaning. The four Toadstool Empire outlaws darted through the door.

"THIS ISN'T THE LAST YOU'LL SEE OF ME!!!! I WILL FIND YOU!!!!", screamed the electrocuted queen.

They bolted through the lava filled kingdom. As the four ran, the enslaved Toads looked at them and each other curiously. Peach saw that everyone looked at her like a monster. She was very upset at how Toadstool has treated the Toads.

They kept running until they found a sandy beach with nearby cave. They all plopped on the ground, they were exhausted.

"We can sleep in that cave over there, and I can make a fire with a Fire Flower.", stated Mario, tiredly.

"Well, I better go dig myself a hole in the ground that I can hibernate in for the rest of my life.", exclaimed Bowser. He walked away from the trio of heroes.

"Bowser, wait.", said Mario. Bowser turned around. Mario continued, happily, "If you weren't-a there to save us, we would've been thrown in jail!" Bowser had a bit of a smile on his face.

Luigi hopped aboard the Bowser compliment train, "Bowser, you were a superstar back there! You were awesome, fighting the Toad guards, helping us. Bowser now had a full smile.

"Gee, thanks guys, I never thought you would ever appreciate me for that.", he replied.

"Mario and Luigi are right,", continued Peach, "We would be starving to death in a cold and dark cell if it weren't for you. You know, if we went back home without you, life wouldn't be the same. If you want, we invite you to join our quest to find a way back home. You would make an amazing and powerful addition to our team." Bowser blushed, he actually felt special for once. He never has actually had a friend before.

"Of course, I'd like to join.", he joyfully replied.

"Great, our quest begins now, well, at least after we sleep, but after that, we embark on the adventure of our lives!", Luigi stated.

"Hey, Mario, um, do you mind if I say it?", asked Bowser.

"Please go ahead.", Mario responded. Bowser had a big smile on his face as he said,

"Let's-a-go!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 33 21
NOTE: This story is extremely outdated and ia poorly edited! A Future Remastered version of this story will come out in the distant future! The Dark...
30.1K 874 12
After 3 months of being imprisoned in Princess Peach's Kingdom, Bowser's love for her was growing thin and he wanted out of his confinement. With the...
2.4K 151 22
Bowser is coming. Be prepared. Ever since she was five, Peach had been warned about Bowser, the beast that killed her mother. But Bowser hasn't bee...
113 1 18
I feel like my whole world's been flipped upside down. How on earth is this happening? One minute, I'm playing video games in my bedroom and the next...