The End Is Only The Beginning...

By SALStratton

A Vampire Diaries Fan Fiction Series. Elena Gilbert dated Damon Salvatore, a centuries old vampire for a year... More

Heated Reunions
'Being In Control Felt Good' (Chapter Two)
Sleepover Talk (Chapter Three)
Familiar Strangers
New Horizons
Woodland Shame
Rock N Roll Isn't That Dead
Rosie Bites and Uncovered Feelings
Unforgettable Mistakes
Town Celebrations
Unconditional Love and Familiar Faces
The Bitch is BACK!
Happy Birthday! <3
B-day Bash and Surprise Guests
Broken Bodies, Broken Hearts
Mistaken Identities
Unknown, Undead Heritage and Secret Favours
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARI_001!!!!
Three Little Words and Visitors
Vamp Barbie Remembers
Drunken Pictionary and Dream-like Kidnap
Gilbert To The Rescue!
Love Heals All Wounds
Hospital Proposals
I Think I Wanna Marry You
Love, Theft, and Werewolf Brawls
Time for Tomb Talk (Chapter 26.5)
Angry Masqueraded Girl (Chapter 27)
Kidnap, and Honeycutt Doppelganger (Chapter 28)
An Original Kind of Rescue
Warlock Said What? (Chapter 30)
Delena Back On, And Springing Katerina (Chapter 31)
The Big Game and Unexpected News
Witchy Voodoo, and Eavesdroppers
Baby Talks, And Without Strings Attached.
Liar, Liar (Chapter 36 - 1/5 till FINALE)
Heartbroken and Confused (Chapter 37 2/5)
A Zombie In Fluffy Blue Penguin Pyjamas (Chapter 38 (3/5 till FINALE!!))
Decisions of the Heart (4/5 till FINALE!!!)
The Final Curtain Call (Chapter 40 - 5/5 Finale)
Author Note! DUDES, READ THIS!

Weak Witches, Wolf Chow and Wicked Plans

8.9K 98 7
By SALStratton

Chapter 33

Bonnie’s P.O.V

“W-what? Repeat what you just said for me again.” Elena asked, her face panicked.

“She said she’s-” Damon started, but Elena cut him off.

“On second thoughts, don’t. Why won’t you tell Jeremy?”

“Because that’s not all the doctor told me. That was the good news. I’m pretty jazzed that I’m pregnant if I’m honest…It’s the bad news that scares me to death.”

“What’s the bad news?” Elena asked me warily. I could see traces of fear in her eyes, but I couldn’t be sure. Her hands were shaking slightly, and Damon was watching her, worry creasing his forehead.

“I-”

“Hey! What’s wrong?” Jeremy called, as he drove Elena’s car and parked it. He’s not really supposed to drive yet, but Elena didn’t bring her car. I shot Elena a look, begging her not to tell. I wanted to tell him when I’m ready.

She gave me a look that told me that as much as she hated lying to her brother, she’d do it.

“I’m not feeling well, and I needed you to bring the car up so I could drive myself home. Bonnie is staying with me tonight, so she’s leaving with me. Damon can drop you home, if you want to stay for the rest of the game?”

Damon glanced at her, then nodded. Good to know that they’ve got my back.

“Erm…sure.”

Elena kissed Damon on the cheek, and shot him a look I couldn’t decipher, and he smiled at her.

“Tell Tyler I‘ll meet him at the Lockwood ruins.”

With that, Elena grabbed my hand and pulled me to her Jeep. She climbed into the driver seat, and yanked her seatbelt on harshly. I pulled on my seatbelt gently, and felt somewhat safer when I heard it click. Elena was in a bad mood, probably because she was imagining all sorts of terrible things in her mind as to what’s wrong with me. I wondered what was going on in her mind.

The whole of the car ride to the Salvatore house was in silence. Elena’s hands gripped the wheel, until her knuckles turned white. She never looked at me, but kept her eyes always on the road.

Elena wasn’t one of those people who could purposefully stop talking to someone. Elena was always very much up for an argument, so her silence is unusual.

When we arrive, she throws the door open, and immediately heads to Damon’s liquor cabinet. She poured two glasses, downing one of them, before refilling the glass to the brim. I sat down on the couch, waiting for her to come and sit with me. This is the longest we’ve ever been quiet in each other’s company. She sat, holding a glass out to me.

“Elena. I can’t drink that.”

“Hmm,” She replied, then her eyes widened with remembrance. “Oh yeah. I’ll drink it.”

She downed both glasses, then sighed. She turned to me, and took my hands into hers.

“What’s wrong with you, Bonnie?”

“I’m dying, Elena.”

……………………………….........................................................................

Elena’s P.O.V

“You can’t be. How? Why?” I choked. Tears were filling my eyes, and my throat felt like it was closing.

“My doctor doesn’t know why. He couldn’t work it out, but I can. I’m weak, Elena. My powers aren’t big enough for the spells that I do, and it’s taking its toll on me. I’m not strong enough.” Bonnie said, with a casual shrug like its something completely normal.

“Then stop using them. We’ve got Owen now. We don’t need you to kill yourself. I’m not going to let you. I love you, Jeremy loves you, you can’t die…not after he lost our parents, and Anna, and Vicki. You can’t die!” I cried.

“There’s a chance I won’t.”

“But there’s still a chance you will!” I yelled. Which meant Katherine suddenly appeared to see if I was okay.

“What’s wrong, Elena?” Katherine said, sat down next to me, and pulled me into her arms.

“Don’t pretend you weren’t listening.” Bonnie snapped.

“Okay, okay Bennett…just because you’re dying doesn’t mean you can get snippy with me.” Katherine snarled, while I sobbed into Katherine’s t-shirt.

“Do you know something that will save her?” I whimpered.

“There might be something, but I don’t know if it will work. She might not be strong enough for it, but if we get the help of some dead Bennett’s or other dead witches it could work.” Katherine said, rubbing her arm.

“What is it? And how would I even contact them?” Bonnie asked.

“Séance. Just like you did with Emily, but at a specific location. One I happen to know, and we’ll all go, but not tonight. I don’t fancy being dog chow.” Katherine shuddered at the thought. Good to know she’s scared of something. It makes me fell less of a pathetic wimp.

“Which reminds me I’m the designated Tyler-sitter for tonight, so I’m going to go. Bonnie you chill out here, and I’ll be back,” I released myself from Katherine’s embrace, and got up. I was half way to the front door, when I stopped and looked back at them. “Katherine…behave yourself, okay?”

“So I’m not allowed to tease preggers?” She asked.

“How did you know I’m pregnant?” Bonnie questioned, her eyes narrowing at Katherine.

“Your stomach has a slight definition that only my vampire eyes would be able to see, and your hands keep going to rest on your stomach, until you realise and move them away.”

“No, you’re not allowed to tease Bonnie. Just be civil, and don’t kill each other.” I sighed, before leaving. Why can’t they all just get along?

I pulled up somewhere in the woods. I knew just about where but it was starting to get dark, and I could end up anywhere. As soon as I got out the car, though, I was wrapped inside some very muscled arms.

“Thanks, Elena. Thanks a lot for doing this.” Tyler’s voice said, warmly.

I gave him a quick hug.

“I’ve got you back, buddy. You’re not alone in this.” I said.

“Nope. You’re not,” A bubbly voice said. We both turned around, and Caroline stood there in all her blonde glory, grinning away as she leaned against a tree.

“Tyler, you didn’t think I was going to let you do this without me, did you? I’m insulted.”

“I thought you hated me for kissing you.”

“Naw, in your defence, I enjoyed it, which is why I was mad, because I felt like I had betrayed Matt somehow, even though he dumped me. Which is why I’m helping you now, to say sorry.” She said.

“Awwww,” I couldn’t help it, these two would make a cute couple, but then again so do Caroline and Matt. She’s in trouble, I know what it’s like trying to choose between two guys. They both glared at me for my ‘aw’, so I quickly backtracked. “Sorry.”

“It’s getting darker, and the moon is about to rise. Let’s get going.” Tyler said.

We kept up pointless chatter, as we walked, like Tyler saying how hot I looked in my outfit at the half time show, which me and Caroline both countered by saying how hot he looked in his football uniform. He then decided to start a debate on how sexy me and Caroline are compared to him. He was unstoppable, literally. He kept it up until we reached the old Lockwood ruins. That’s when all friendly banter stopped. This whole situation had just caught up with us, and we all fell silent.

“C’mon guys. Ty, you got the stuff?” I said, as we walked down into the ruins. We walked through the dark underground, and through the reinforced wooden door. The room was just as I remembered; dark and dank.

“Yep. Extra-strength titanium steel chains, with cuffs, and a bottle of water ready to be contaminated with wolfs bane. Have you got that, Gilbert?”

“Yes, but are you sure you want to drink it, because it’s going to hurt something awful.” I said, getting aforementioned wolfs bane out of my rucksack. He handed me the bottle of water, and I opened the plastic bag I had put it in, and put one sprig of it in the liquid. It turned the water a weird yellow colour. I swirled it around for a while, then did the cap up. Tyler pulled his shirt off, and Caroline and I helped him hook the chains up to the wall, and then to him. If this wasn’t so scary, and dangerous, it would look really bad if someone walked in on it. When he was settled in a position on the floor, I knelt down and poured the wolfs bane cocktail in his mouth.

I will never forget the screams that Tyler made that night.

Caroline made me stay slightly back, but I ignored her. She was the one at risk here, not me. I whispered comforting words in his ear, and Caroline wrapped an arm around him, and pulled a hand through his hair. He kept yelling, sometimes our names, sometimes obscenities, and sometimes the little boy in him cried out for his mother.

“S**t this hurts. It hurts so f**king bad!” Tyler shouted, then cried with pain as his arm broke itself. Caroline and I both flinched back, and we knew it was close to when he should turn. His whole body was black and blue where the animal inside him was trying to rip free. The whole thing had me in tears, watching him cry, but thankfully Caroline was stronger than me.

“Get away!” He screamed at us.

“I’m not leaving.” Caroline told him.

“Neither am I.”

Tyler’s eyes changed into a weird amber yellow, glowing in the brighter than the dim light in the underground room. He was turning. I started panicking when he, hopefully involuntarily, started pulling on the chains, and the links began stretching and twisting under the pressure. Caroline gave me a look that said ‘Get out of here now!’, and I just shook my head.

My pulse quickened, and my palms started to sweat as his teeth pointed and grew. The chains snapped, and Caroline grabbed me, and we were on the outside of the room, with the door closed and the wooden bar across it in a second. The door shook as he bounded against it, and it splintered, and a shard of wood cut my cheek.

I let out a squeal as Tyler’s muzzle shot through the wood. Caroline pulled me into her arms as Tyler started breaking through the door. She legged it up the stairs, and deep into the forest. Even I could hear Tyler following us, and Caroline started whimpering. I looked back, and saw him bounding after us, and my stomach flew into my mouth.

“Caroline, we have to get some distance between us!” I yelled at her.

She didn’t reply, because she didn’t need to. Suddenly, a body slammed into the wolf at lightning speed. Caroline stopped running, and put me down, keeping a hand on me in case we needed to run again.

The newcomer and the wolf wrestled on the ground, muzzle and teeth snapping all over the shot. It was just a blur of limbs and paws, fur and flesh, but I saw a flash of dark blonde hair, and a short brief show of a familiar face. At first it stumped me, because I knew that she was with Stefan at the game, until realisation hit me like a ton of bricks.

“Rose?” I asked. It wasn’t Rose Honeycutt, but the elder Rose. Kidnapper Rose.

She glanced at me for a second, which was her biggest mistake. Tyler’s muzzle bit down on her shoulder, and she screamed in pain. Caroline shot forward, and shoved Tyler off her, grabbing a stick and shoving it into his side. The wolf whimpered, and rolled off, running back the way we came.

“Rose? Are you alright?” I asked, rushing over to her. I threw myself onto my knees, and looked at the wound. Dark red blood seeped through her shirt, which I peeled back to inspect it. We both winced. It was bad, threatening to get worse.

“It got me. No good deed goes unpunished.” She laughed, before being cut off by a moan.

“Caroline? Could you take Rose to the Salvatore place? Bonnie will answer the door. Don’t let Katherine do anything to her.” I say, helping Rose to her feet.

“Katerina is free? You said she was stuck in the tomb!” Rose yelled.

“She’s not free exactly. Rose we’ll talk later. I need to go check on Tyler.” I nodded at Caroline, who did the same, then took Rose by the hand, and the breeze hit me as they disappeared. I picked up a large, pointed branch and started back for the ruins.

It took me longer to get there than it would have with Caroline, as I was working my way through the dark with only my phone lighting the way, and the small glimmer of moonlight hinting through gaps in the trees. I wished now that I wasn’t alone, that every snapping of twigs under my footfalls, every whistle of wind through the leaves didn’t scare the life out of me. I was a coward, but I pushed back those thoughts to the back of my mind. Those thoughts wouldn’t help me.

I finally found the ruins, and heard a sound that made me feel slightly better. I took the stairs two at a time, and threw back the remains of the wooden door. I glanced around the room, until I found him. Naked, and shaking Tyler hid under an old table. I found the bag with all his stuff in it, and pulled a blanket over him.

“You did it! Tyler, you made it through.” I said, hugging him close.

“Did I hurt anyone?”

“500 year old Rose. You bit her.” I whispered. He just shook his head.

“The bitch who kidnapped you? She can die.” He replied, shocking me with his bitterness. I said nothing of it, just getting out his clothes, and handing them to him.

“I’ll wait on the other side, not looking. I need to check your wound over. Caroline had to stick a stick into you to stop you from tearing us all apart.” I said, walking to the other side of the room, and lowering myself into a chair, staring at a wall.

We all could have died tonight. And my last words to Damon would have been ‘Tell Tyler I’ll meet him at the Lockwood ruins’ instead of ‘I love you always’ or something romantic like that. I could have been torn apart by one of my best friends. That’s when realisation hit me. I’m so freaking tired of the supernatural.

……………………………….........................................................................

Katherine’s P.O.V

Caroline arrived, and Bonnie jumped up to answer the door. As soon as she did, I wished she hadn’t.

“She’s been bitten.” Caroline said, and thinking she was talking about Elena, I ran to the front door. It wasn’t Elena. Rose, as in Rose who I tricked into turning me Rose, was leaning heavily against Blondie, her shoulder drenched with blood.

“Hello Rose. You look like hell.” I comment.

“You’ll look like hell when I’m finished with you, Katerina. It’s you’re fault I’m in this mess anyway.” She snapped, storming towards me.

“Hey! I resent that. You’re the one who kidnapped Elena. She charmed you, just like me, and now let me guess, she was getting chased by wolf boy and you jumped in to save her. Smart move, dumbass.” I replied, with a smirk.

Rose got really angry then. She had me by the throat, against the wall within a second. Her hand squeezed my neck, and I did my best not to splutter. Her eyes looked crazy, like she’s literally not been fed for months, which I know is probably not true but still.

“You forget, Katerina, that I’m older than you. I bet Elena would be glad it was me who found them and not you. If you where in my position you would have run, and let them take the fall. A newbie, and a human. You would have let them die, because that’s who you are, Katerina. Always looking out for number one, and only number one.” Rose snarled at me, her face barely inches away.

My eyes flicked from her face to see if there was anything around that I could kill her with. I could barely suppress a smile, when I saw that someone had carelessly left a letter opener on a small table she had thoughtlessly put us next to. I smirked at her, a grin forming when her expression turned confused.

“That’s where you’re wrong. I would have jumped right in and did the same for Elena. The difference between us is I would have stayed with Elena, instead of leaving her alone…in the woods…at night…with Rabid Lassie and who knows what else still on the loose,” I said. Caroline suddenly realised what she did, and bolted outside the door.

“And I wouldn’t endanger Elena’s friends by allowing them to bring me here. You don’t know the symptoms of a wolf bite do you?”

The pressure on my throat lessened, and Rose shook her head.

“First, the wound gets bigger, and nastier. You start hallucinating. You get a deep hunger for blood. You show symptoms of dementia. Then you go feral. You feed on any blood source you can, killing anything in your way. But most of all, you’ll be in constant excruciating pain. Unbearable pain, so bad that you’ll beg for death,” I whisper the words in her ear, picking up the knife. I shoved it through her chest and twisted. It ripped through her heart, tearing it. Rose’s eyes grew large as it happened. Her mouth hung open, and she stumbled back.

“So, I’m doing you a favour.”

Bonnie, still standing in the archway as she had been watching the whole thing, gasped. Rose fell to the ground, clutching at the knife protruding from her chest. Blood seeped through her shirt, and I listened as her heart stopped, as her breathing halted and slowed. I leant down, and closed her eyes. I muttered a few words of apology, and got a blanket from the back of the sofa and covered her with it.

“What the hell happened here!” A couple of voices yelled.

I straightened up, and sighed, before turning round to face Damon, Stefan and Rose.

“Rose saved Elena and Caroline, but she got bitten by Tyler. Katherine killed her.”

“Why did you do that?” Stefan asked.

“There’s no cure for a wolf bite, Stefan. She would have felt unbearable pain, and suffering, and she could have put all of us in danger. I did her a favour.”

Everyone was silent. Then Elena stumbled in.

“Caroline and Tyler are fine-Who’s that under the bloody sheet?” She asked.

“Kidnapper Rose.” Damon said.

“Who?” Was the only reply Elena gave. And to my annoyance, everyone looked at me. Elena just sighed.

“Clean it up. I’m going to bed.” She said, turning around, but Damon grabbed her arm, his face confused. To be honest, we were all confused. Out of all them, Elena was the most compassionate. She would have cried or something at the sight.

“That’s your reaction? ‘Clean it up. I’m going to bed’?” He questioned.

“I’m tired of always coming home, or going somewhere, and I find someone dead. You’ll understand that after a while, I’m getting extremely tired of it,” She snapped. She wrenched her arm out of his grasp, and suddenly collapsed on the floor. I threw myself down next to her, wrapping an arm round her shoulders.

“My life isn’t meant to be like this. I’m not meant to keep having to think which person I’m going to find dead next, or what my last words to Damon would be. Or whether or not I’d told each one of my loved ones how I felt about them. Or how I’m supposed to save my best friend from dying. All these things that keep whirring around in my mind are not supposed to be there.”

“Elena, this is how you’re life was always going to be. You’re a Petrova doppelganger. You were destined to be what you are. You’re special, Gilbert. Don’t forget that.” I say, trying to comfort her.

Tears rolled down her cheeks, and she got up.

“There is nothing special about me whatsoever. The only thing about me is that everyone around me dies. What’s so special about that?” She said, as she stormed up the stairs.

We all were quiet. No one spoke. Damon and Stefan picked up Rose’s body and took it to the wide fireplace in the other room. Rose and Bonnie cleaned the blood on the floor, and I went to take a shower.

No one mentioned anything about Bonnie dying, no one said anything about Elena’s outburst. The only thing to be heard was the muffled cries of Elena’s tears from upstairs.

After they had finished their ‘gruesome’ task, Damon climbed the stairs with a bottle of bourbon in one hand and two glasses in the other.

“That’s it, Salvatore. Calm her down with alcohol. That may be the way to solve your problems, but it won’t help hers.” I say. He ignores me, and I listen as he walks into the room they share, puts the glasses down and climbs into the bed. I could even make out his hushed, soft words of endearment to her. I almost laughed, when I heard her reply to his ‘Elena, to me you are special’, with ‘Stop trying to butter me up with booze and corny words, Salvatore’.

Eventually they fell asleep, and just like that Damon had defused his girlfriend. It brought me back to a time when I had loved him, he would say corny things too, but that was because I’d compelled him to love me.

“What are you thinking about?” Stefan asked, leaning against the opposite archway to me.

“1864. Life was a lot less lonely back then.” I joked.

“Not so lonely now,” Stefan replies. “Elena trusts you. I hope you don’t show her that her trust in you was unprecedented. You saw that. She’s close to breaking under all this pressure.”

“Do I feel an over-protective ex speech coming on?” I grinned.

“All I’m saying is if you break that trust and hurt her, I’ll return the favour. Elena’s been through too much without you adding to it.” He said, raising an eyebrow.

“Isn’t this supposed to be Damon’s part?”

“I love her too. I always will. Even though I love Rose, and I’m with Rose, my feelings for Elena won’t ever change.” He replied.

“Then you understand why I came back to Mystic Falls. No matter what we do to each other, Stefan, I’ll always love you.” I said, before walking away.

That’s how you do it. Say something shocking and stun them into silence. He’ll think about it later. I smiled as I took the stairs two at a time. One way or another I’d have one of the Salvatore brothers on my arm by the end of this week. One way or another.

……………………………….........................................................................

Oh shitake mushrooms. Bonnie’s going to die, she’s pregnant, Old Rose did die, Tyler got stabbed by Caroline, Elena’s this close (holds her index finger and thumb a little space apart) to going absolutely mental, Stefan is still playing the protective boyfriend, Damon’s going soft, Rose didn’t say much and did I mention…BONNIE IS DYING!!! Oh, and Katherine’s back to her old tricks again. I don’t know why I’ve made Katherine so desperate, but I have.

Whatever shall they do? Is Katherine going to have free run of the town under the condition that she helps find a cure for Bonnie? Will Elena and Damon finally go on a proper date now they’re an actual ‘stable’ couple? Will Stefan and Rose’s relationship survive? Will they tell Jeremy about all the Bonnie news? And when will Elena find out that Damon killed Jeremy? And which brother is Katherine more interested in?

Leave your ideas below!!!

Just like to say I have 65 fans who hopefully read each chapter, but only a couple of comments on each one!! I mean I don’t mean to sound ungrateful for all my fans in the first place, but it does get me paranoid that no one likes this story when only a couple of people comment…but anyway thanks to the two people who commented last chapter: Ari_001 and GabbyJaz. Thanks to you gorgeous people.

Speaking of Ari_001, as we come to the end of this story…the time of the sequel is drawing ever nearer. And I want to know what you guys want from the sequel…more action, more romance, less romance, more comedy (Ari’s much funnier than I am so maybe she could help with that), more mystery, more horror….let us know!!!

Please Vote, Comment, Fan, Like, and Tweet to show your love. Show the love!!

Much Love,

Sophie xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 117 9
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Stefan and Rebekah met in the 20s in Chicago. When they left, he was compelled to...
34.8K 1K 23
Kenzie Gilbert is engaged to Stefan Salvatore after many ups and downs. The two spent the summer making-up from their last break-up. Now it's back to...
101K 2.1K 44
Alexandra has finally reached the point where she's becoming independent. With her and her bestfriend, Eleanor, moving to the town called Mystic Fal...
187K 4.9K 22
(Y/n) Gilbert was one of the most outgoing people you could ever meet, but when her parents died in an accident things became very rough. What once w...