Death Note: Light x Reader: R...

By NekoM_

|| COMPLETED || For a reason that you could not figure it out, you really admired Kira--the world-famous ki... More

Unexpected Fate
Search for the Note
Your Acceptance
The New "Second Kira"
Love Rival Maybe?
Meeting Takada
Game of Lies
Mistake and Misfortune
Your Revenge
Premonitions
His Soft Side
Over-Protective Him
Night not to be Forgotten
Facing Your Opponents
Delete the Obstacles
Kira Joining the Investigation
Friend from the Past
Hidden Secrets
If It Wasn't for You
Keeping Distance Won't Change Anything
Catastrophe
Beautiful Lie Disgusting Truth
A Date and a Lost Note
Chaos in the Headquarters
Put to the Test
Finding the Lost Note
Another Kira?
The Third Kira
A New Year To Cherish
False Friendship
Commitment
Planning the Big Move
Married
Captured Execute
Unknown Sender
Promise To His Beloved
《A/N》
Another New Beginning
Pre: Final Plan
Wait
You are Justice

No Regrets

5.1K 159 74
By NekoM_

You almost lost balance when you gasped. Luckily, you caught yourself with your hands on the ground, supporting your body. You tried to keep an eye out on the scene. The Japanese Task Force started to panic and shake, some bringing out their guns. "No, don't pull out your guns," L ordered them. "We altered the notebook. What he's writing on is a fake one. You're not going to die."

You raised a brow. You never knew anything about altering Death Notes and replacing it with decoys. You wondered how it was possible to duplicate a notebook exactly the same and able to switch the real one without the user noticing.

All of a sudden, straight ahead from your field of vision, you and the man outside writing names down made the quickest eye contact. He froze for a second, then shouted, "Second Kira, god!!!"

The three detectives glanced at each other in shock. "The second Kira is in the building," Mello announced.

Light stared at them in absolute disbelief. He struggled not to shake and rapidly search around the surroundings, calling your name to find you. He had to hold it in, but it was too difficult. "The second Kira? How? She shouldn't be here!" he said, holding all his emotions in by tightly balling his fists.

When the mysterious man was done writing all the names down, he exhaled deeply and laughed mischievously. Near gazed at a quarter of his figure fiddle his pen as he stared at the notebook. "I suppose you are done. Why don't you step inside to witness our deaths," he suggested. The man nodded and did as told. To your great surprise, standing there was the third Kira, Oshima Toru. He grinned and watched closely at the thin red hand in his silver watch slowly rotate.

"How many seconds have passed since you wrote the first name down?" Light asked him. You could sense that we was holding in a laugh at that point.

Toru smiled madly. "34... 35... 36..."

Just then, you felt a sudden rush of thought to stop Light, whatever was going to happen next. You scooted over to a fairly tall tower of cargo boxes that was just a couple inches taller that you, and stood up, caressing your belly before looking forward.

"37... 38... 39... 40!!!!"

Light grinned in his victory. "Well, L, it looks like I've--"

From out of the very blue, you dashed to Light, flinging your arms around him. All were surprised at your sudden appearance. "(Y-Y/N)..?!" he gasped. "What are you doing here?!" The tone of his voice indicated his anger.

"Light-kun, stop this, please..." you pleaded between breaths.

He stared at you, trying to find words to say. "S-Stop what? What are you talking about??"

"H-Hey..." Matsuda said, "it's been over a minute, and... we're still alive." He slowly put his hands back to his sides from his head.

"Of course, idiot. Didn't L told you that we altered the Death Note?" Mello reminded him as he was polishing his pistol.

Light froze in utter shock. He watched Toru getting captured by the SPK members, Rester and Givanni. The third Kira screamed, trying to break the handcuffs that were on his wrists. With that, the Death Note fell on the cold cemented floor. "Why??! Why wouldn't they die?!! God, why??" 

L swiped it off the ground with his thumb and index finger, examining the page where the names were written. "You see," he began, "we were able to alter his Death Note. How? Near had to observe Toru by using Givanni. There, we had access to his day-to-day routine: he would wake up at every 9:30 in the morning, leave his residence at 11:00, and head to the famous mask shop approximately in the center of the Kantou region in Tokyo. He would stay there, sitting in a bar stool at the far end of the room, which is near the bathrooms. Every two days, he would enter the restroom after he has sat for 20 minutes. That was the time when he was conscious if anyone would be following him. Later on, we discovered that he kept his notebook inside a narrow safe, hidden behind the tissue dispenser. To unlock the safe, Givanni had to install a PIN history that will record the inputted numbers to the PIN system and connect it to his device to display the codes. That was when he had access to the notebook." L glanced at the Death Note once more. "Look here. " He presented the notebook to everyone, pointing at the list of names messily written. "As you can see, these are the names of the Mello, and his mafia. Below are the names of Near and the SPK members. Lastly, the names of the Japanese Task Force, including me. And the only two names that weren't written down... was Yagami Light and (Y/N). That proves that they are the Kiras."

Soichiro fell down to his knees. He looked down at the puddle of water, trying to comprehend that his son, Light, was Kira. "S-Son... n-no, no. You're not my son. The Light that I know wouldn't do such a thing. You're just a crazy serial killer!!!" He was crying his eyes out. Matsuda collapsed too, but his hands were supporting his body. "L-Light... after everything... you... you deceived us!!" he yelled. "You and your wife!!"

"Mogi, Ukita," L gave them the signal to arrest the mastermind of these murders.

Light shook his head rapidly. "No, guys, this is a trap! It was all a set up!! A set up!!!" He broke free from your arms and ran away, but only hitting his body to a wall. He could not escape when he was panicking like this. You lost your balance, and was about to fall with a great impact, which could let you have a miscarriage. Fortunately, you were caught by someone. You looked at the person, and to your surprise, it was Miharu. "Are you okay?" she asked. You pulled yourself away from her. "M-Miharu? Why..."

"And as for the second Kira, (Y/N)," Near said, "she will have to face her crimes by being put on house arrest, due to your pregnancy. Aizawa, Miharu, arrest her now."

"NO!" Light shouted, running up to you and shielding you against them. "I won't let you get her! She did not do anything wrong!"

"You are wrong, Light. She has committed herself to use the Death Note with the similar purpose of Kira. Admit it, Light."

The atmosphere became tense in a second. The warehouse was dead silent. A minute later, Light let out a psychotic laughter. You stared at him with horrified eyes. He was not the Yagami Light you knew. He had a whole different personality as Kira that you never thought it would be this insane."Yes," he declared, "I am Kira." He tilted his head up to the ceiling. "What are you going to do about it? Kill me right here? Listen, I am not only Kira, but I am also god of the new world!"

You slowly pushed yourself away from him, tears forming in your eyes. "L-Light... w-what has gotten into yo--"

"Kira has become the law, the one that maintains order. I have become justice. Heh, do you really think that killing me is the right thing to do? Ever since Kira has appeared, wars have stopped, crime rates have been decreased by over 70%, but yet it's still not enough! The world is still too rotten! Someone had to take action in this problem, and I was the only one who could do it. Who else could have done it?! I know that killing people was a crime, but it was the only way to cleanse this filthy world! The only one who could create a new world... is me."

"No," L stated. "You're just a murderer. As soon as you decided to be possessed by the Death Note, there was no way you could have won. No matter what you do, it's impossible to tip the balance of this world. It was foolish of you to confuse yourself with being a god. You're nothing more than a crazy serial killer."

The room fell silent once again. Everyone kept their eyes locked on Light, who was only standing in place, doing nothing but showing a look of disappointment. Useless fools, he thought, they'll never understand.

"Light-kun," you spoke calmly, "it's about time we stop this madness and end it for good." You approached Aizawa, lifting your wrists up for them to cuff. "I realized only now that all I've ever done since I discovered Kira and the Death Note was insanity. I wasn't fully aware of all the worst possibilities that could happen by involving myself in mass killing. However, now that we're here, experiencing the fruit of our decision, I want to surrender, for the sake of our child." You sighed and smiled at him. "But still, after all of these experiences, I still don't regret a single thing, because I get to spend it with the one I love the most."

"STOP!!" your husband screamed. "Don't you people dare lay your hands on (Y/N)!!" He turned around and immediately unlocked his watch, where he had tucked a small piece of the Note's paper, and started to write names down.

"Light has a piece of the notebook!!" Mogi yelled.

Matsuda pulled his gun out, and shot Light's wrist. Blood splattered all over the ground. Your jaw dropped. "Light-kun!!" you shrieked with tears running down your cheeks. You wanted to rush to his aid, but your body felt heavy, resulting for you to collapse. You squinted your eyes as you felt liquid trickle between your legs. You slowly looked down, and saw your dress stained with fresh blood. It was the baby. You desperately opened your mouth to let out a moan of despair. "Aizawa, we need to get her out of the warehouse right now!" Miharu said. The two scooped you up from the ground and rushed you out. You tried to watch what was happening, but your eyes were covered by Miharu. "You shouldn't watch, (Y/N). It will only harm you and the child."

"Matsuda!!" Light roared. "What do you think you're doing, Matsuda?!! Don't screw with me, you fools!!"

"You're the one that shouldn't screw with us!! You disappointed everyone, especially your father! And now you're calling us fools??!" Matsuda did not drop down his aim.

Light sighed and glanced at the paper, then at him. "Yes, you are fools. You fools always lose, and the world does not need anyone like that!!!" He rapidly wrote a name down with his own blood. With that, Matsuda fired his pistol thrice at Kira, which made him drop to the cemented ground. The man ran to the lying figure and aimed at his head. "You have to die!!!!"

"Matsuda, don't!" Mogi and Ukita pulled his arms away. 

Toru witnessed Light trying to stand up with his bad wounds. "Toru!! Don't just stand there! Kill them! Kill them all!!"

"It's over, Light," L said.

"You have lost the game," Near added.

"Face it, Light," Mello told.

Light quietly sulked. He remembered your words that echoed in his head: "Light-kun, it's about time we stop this madness and end it for good... After all of these experiences, I still don't regret a single thing, because I get to spend it with the one I love the most.

"(Y-Y/N)..." he muttered. 

Toru flipped out. He could not believe that the god he thought would be almighty and powerful, and yet he saw him defeated, and helpless. He leaned backwards and stabbed himself in the thigh with a sharp end of an iron tube sticking out of the wall. Blood oozing out, he let out a deafening cry. "Quick! Stop the bleeding!" Rester said. 

While Toru had the center of attention, Light got back on his feet and proceeded to exit the warehouse with the door that was left open. Matsuda noticed, and pointed it out. "Oh no! Light's heading outside!! We have to stop him!"

Soichiro rose from his knees, blocking him with his hand. "No, Matsuda. You stay here. Leave it to me." Saying that, he went outside and chased him.

"It's no use in following Light," Near stated. "With those wounds, he wouldn't be able to survive for long."

"It looks like our job is done," Mello laughed.

"Yes, yes it is." L bit his thumb and smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387K 13.5K 81
[Yandere Various Death Note x Reader] At a very young age (Y/n) could see things other people couldn't. What happens when she begins to see creepier...
1.6K 74 7
You were deemed the "other twin" by everyone, you seemed to "not have as much potential" as your brother. But who could blame you, he was an all-A ho...
331K 16.7K 35
"Call me crazy if you want, but I'm telling the truth. I'm not sure myself how it all happened, but I'm actually from another realm. I came here over...
110K 2.6K 20
Maybe it's better sometimes to keep suspicions to yourself?. . . You made the mistake of admitting to Light that you thought he was Kira. Now Light's...