The Coffee Spill |Demi Lovato|

By FlexItDestiny

Ellie Welch hasn't had the easiest life. Her family disowned her at 19 years old when she gave her baby up fo... More

Before You Read!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 & 6
Chapter 7 & 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 *Sexual*
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26 *Sexual*
Chapter 27 *Sexual*
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 *Sexual*
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 *Sexual*
Chapter 41 *Sexual*
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 *Sexual*
Chapter 49 *Sexual*
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54 *Sexual*
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62 *Sexual*
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65 *Sexual*
Chapter 66
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue

Chapter 67

3.4K 109 7
By FlexItDestiny

*Demi's POV*

Today's the day. The day Ellie has longed for, the day I've prepared for, and the day that will ultimately change the rest of our lives. Isabella should be here in just under an hour. Ellie has paced around the house the last two days, unable to contain the joy that has bubbled up inside her.

As I'm carefully plating the fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies onto a marble serving tray, Ellie speeds past me towards the front door, her notebook in hand. She returns a few moments later, hands in the air. "The front door needs a lock!"

"It has a lock," I respond, confused by her demand.

"No, I know that. But it needs another lock higher up. That way Isabella can't unlock it and wander off in the middle of the night." Ellie explains, making a note in her notebook.

"We can get one tomorrow." I offer, moving past the island and towards my fiancee. I wrap my arms delicately around her upper body, rubbing soothing circles on her back.

"I just want nothing bad to happen."

I pull back from the hug, capturing Ellie's lips between mine in a soft, reassuring kiss. "Nothing bad will happen, okay? I'll put a kitchen chair in front of the door tonight while she's asleep."

Ellie takes a deep breath, nodding her head in agreement. I watch as her eyes glance over my shoulder and at the fresh-baked cookies. I give in, leaning across the counter, grabbing the smallest one off the top before handing it to her. "Just one. I want some to be here when Isabella arrives."

Ellie takes a generous bite, a few crumbs falling from the side of her mouth and onto her notebook as she bites into the soft cookie. She uses her pinky finger to brush the crumbs off her notebook, taking the time to look over her checklist yet again. I take the notebook into my hands, scanning the list for myself. With a split-second decision, I rip the top piece of paper from the notebook, then again in half, handing Ellie the upper half.

"Come on, let's finish this checklist." I offer, watching Ellie's eyes gleam and her lips smile.

***

I cross off the last item on my list before falling backward onto my lounge chair in my studio. I crumble up the piece of paper and toss it across the room, making it into the wastebasket. All the time I've spent in this room tossing crumbled-up, unfinished, dead-end songs wasn't for nothing. From the corner of my eye, I spot an uncovered outlet on the wall behind my guitar. I grab an extra outlet cover from my pocket and cover it just as the doorbell rings.

I freeze. She's here. Isabella is here. My heart beats faster as I stand up, exiting my studio. My eyes find their way to Ellie, frozen in place at the other end of the house. I give her an encouraging nod and smile as we both unfreeze, walking towards each other.

I take Ellie's shaking hands between mine as we stand in the middle of the living room. "This is it. Are you ready?" I ask.

She lets out a deep breath. "Ready as I'll ever be." I hold her hand lovingly as we walk towards the front door, opening it wide.

Standing before us are Isabella and a Department of Child and Family Services member. Isabella has her arms wrapped tightly around the Supergirl doll Ellie and I bought her, her face in the crook of the doll's neck. It's evident the doll brings Isabella a sense of security and comfort.

Knowing Ellie is nervous, I take the initiative in starting the introduction. Or getting reacquainted.

"Welcome, Isabella!" I introduce, opening the door wide. Isabella lifts her head up slightly, her eyes finding mine.

"I remember you. You sang and danced with us." Isabella remembers. Her eyes find Ellie, who is cherishing the child in front of us. "You gave me this!" Isabella exclaims, extending the doll outward towards Ellie.

"That's right Isabella. You have a wonderful memory." Ellie praises, eliciting a wide grin on the child's face.

I step aside to let Isabella and the social worker inside. I extend my hand, introducing myself. "Hi, I'm Demi."

"Rochelle," she reciprocates the handshake before shaking Ellie's as well. I take Isabella's luggage from Rochelle as they enter our house. I close the door behind them.

Isabella is a little hesitant as she enters our house. She only takes a couple of steps before she looks back at Rochelle as if she's waiting for instructions. I can sense the shyness and skepticism radiating from Isabella. Unsure of where to stand, what to do, how to act.

"Do you like chocolate chip cookies?" I ask Isabella. I watch as her eyes widen with delight as she nods her head.

"Well, I made some yummy chocolate chip cookies. Why don't you follow Ellie to the kitchen and she'll plate you a few." Isabella nods her head as Ellie moves past me and towards Isabella, directing her towards our kitchen.

Rochelle removes her tote from her shoulder, handing it to me. "This is some important information regarding Isabella." She explains. "medical history, emergency numbers, our contact information."

I take the bag, placing it over my shoulder. "Jillian said you would stay in town for a few days."

Rochelle nods her head. "Yes, for Isabella's safety. I'll call sometime tonight to talk with Isabella, then be back in two days to regroup with her. I'll make sure she feels comfortable and safe here. If she does and wants to stay, then the adoption will be complete and Isabella will legally be you and Ellie's daughter."

Rochelle's final word hits me like a truck. Daughter. We'll have a daughter. A living, breathing, human being to love, care and provide for the rest of her life. However, all my nervousness and worry can't hide the smile that shines on my face.

"Before I go, I must conduct a standard walkthrough of the house to make sure it is safe for Isabella," Rochelle explains while taking out a notebook and pen. I nod my head, watching her disappear into the living room to begin her tour.

While Ellie is occupying Isabella in the kitchen and Rochelle is conducting her safety tour, I make my way towards my studio. I open the closet, revealing a tall, four-door file cabinet. I open the second draw, scanning through the files until I find the one labeled "Isabella". Last night, when I couldn't sleep, I snuck out of my bedroom and into my studio. I spent an hour playing the piano, letting my fingers glide across the keys to whatever song came to mind. In the midst of it all, I took the time to prepare for Isabella's arrival today. Adding a section in our file cabinet was one thing I did in preparation.

I glance over the information before filing it in its appropriate section before closing the file cabinet closet door shut, exhaling a deep breath I didn't know I was holding in. This is it. Ellie and I are almost at the finish line. Just as long as Isabella enjoys her weekend with us and wants to stay. I don't even want to think about her not wanting to stay with us. It would absolutely destroy Ellie.

I turn towards the door, ready to join my fiancee and our soon-to-be daughter when I catch Isabella standing in the doorway, a half-eaten cookie in her mouth. She startles me as she weighs close to nothing, making it impossible to make noise as she wanders around.

"Is this your music room?" She asks, taking a step forward and towards my guitar. I watch her admire it with intense eyes, longing to strum it.

"You can touch it, just be gentle," I instruct. She hesitantly extends her hand forward, strumming the strings on the neck of the guitar, pulling her hand back towards her body as the sound radiates through the room.

Her eyes scan the room in awe. She runs over to my white William Symphony grand piano. "You played this on stage." She remembers.

I walk towards her, pulling the bench out from under the piano. "Yes, I did."

"You brought this to Boston?"

I laugh at her question, taking a seat on the bench. "I played a white piano on tour, but it was not this one. It was very similar, though." I explain, patting the seat next to me. She finishes the last bite of her cookie, wiping her hands on her shirt before sitting down, her feet dangling below her. I play the beginning to twinkle twinkle little star, hoping it is something she might recognize. Her eyes gleam and she bounces in her seat. I'll take that as a yes.

"Can I try?" she asks. The manners of this kid at such a young age are astounding.

I was nervous, thinking this would be a room I would have to keep locked to ensure nothing was to be damaged, even by accident. However, Isabella has shown nothing but restraint, even through her curious little blue eyes. She has waiting for permission both with my guitar and piano.

"Absolutely," I say, placing her right hand onto the correct notes. Slowly, I demonstrate the first seven notes, which are C-C-G-G-A-A-G. I say each letter out loud to help her remember them, then sit back, letting her take control. She makes a mistake playing B instead of A, but quickly realizes it is wrong when it doesn't sound the same as when I did it. I show her again and this time she repeats it back perfectly.

I hear clapping come from behind me, causing me to turn around. Ellie is leaning against the doorframe, a proud smile on her face. Isabella brings her hands up to her mouth as she giggles, enjoying the attention she's receiving.

Rochelle appears behind Ellie. She pushes her glasses up, letting them rest on the top of her head. Ellie moves out of Rochelle's way, standing next to me.

"So I finished my search of the house," Rochelle reveals in a monotone voice. For a brief second, time stops. Her face is flat, with no emotions to read or decipher. It isn't until she looks up at Isabella that a smile breaks through her facade. "your house passed our safety search. In fact, it was beyond our standard. We don't require outlet covers or cabinet locks for children over four, but you had those as well. I have approved for Isabella's stay this weekend."

Ellie and I simultaneously look at each other, grinning from ear to ear. I stand up from the bench to wrap my arms around her in a tight embrace. I had no doubt in my mind that our house would pass Rochelle's safety test. The number of times Ellie and I went over her checklist was unorthodox.

Rochelle bends down to Isabella's level. "I will call tonight to see how you are, then I will see you in two days, okay?"

Isabella nods her head. We follow Rochelle out of the studio and towards the front door. Before leaving, Rochelle turns towards us. "I have no doubt in my mind she will fit in here just perfectly."

And with that, Rochelle turns on her heel and down our walkway. We wait till she is safe in her rental car before closing the front door.

"So," Ellie says, rocking on the backs of her heels.

"So," I reiterate.

"What now?" We say at the same time.

***

We stayed in for Isabella's first night with us. After Rochelle left, we gave Isabella a formal tour of what we hope will be her new home. We made sure she knew where key places in the house were, like the hall closet that is stocked with board games and blankets, the fully stocked pantry, and the linen closet in the bathroom.

We saved the best room for last: her bedroom. She jumped from one thing to the next, overwhelmed by all the toys, furniture, and space.

"This is just for me?" She asks, spinning around in the middle of the room.

"Just for you," Ellie reassures her. Isabella runs towards us, capturing both of us in a group hug.

Ellie and I stand in the corner of the room, her hand wrapped around my waist, her head resting against my shoulder as we watch Isabella hug every one of her stuffed animals. There weren't many; seven or eight at most, but for a five-year-old, there were many. Ellie signals Isabella to turn around. It takes her a few seconds until she sees the item; the two-foot Supergirl plush doll. She runs over to the bed and stands on her tiptoes, her arms just long enough to reach the doll in the middle of the bed. She holds it against herself, with more expression than she did the other toys.

***

For dinner, we each made personal-sized pizzas. Ellie made a pineapple pizza, I made a veggie pizza, and Isabella made a pepperoni pizza. Ellie and Isabella threw their pizza dough in the air, but both failed to catch it, letting it land on the table in front of them, flour flying everywhere. It was the messiest I've ever seen the kitchen be since I renovated it and replaced all the countertops with marble a few years ago. However, the smile on Isabella's sauce-stained mouth was worth it.

"What's that?" Isabella asks, pointing to Ellie's toppings.

"It's pineapple," Ellie says, picking one off of her slice and plopping it into her mouth.

"Pine-apple?" Isabella repeats.

Ellie nods her head, breaking off a small piece of pizza, handing it to Isabella to try. Isabella reluctantly takes it between her tiny hands. She takes the tiniest of bites, barely big enough to reach the piece of pineapple in the middle of her slice.

"It's a fruit." Ellie teaches her. 

"Fruit on pizza?" Isabella asks bewildered at the concept of pineapple on pizza. Isabella takes a bigger bite, this time her two front teeth slicing between the tidbit of pineapple. Her eyes go wide as she bounces in her seat. Ellie asks if she likes it, which Isabella responds by nodding her head, finishing the piece of pizza in one last bite.

"Like mother like daughter," I mumbled just loud enough for Ellie to hear.

***

"Did you brush your teeth?" I ask as Isabella climbs into bed. She pulls her knees up to her chest before sliding her legs under her soft comforter. Her legs only reach the middle of the bed once she lays her head against her pillows. 

Ellie walks over to us, handing Isabella her new supergirl plush doll. Isabella grabs it with excitement, holding it close to her chest. She tucks the doll under the comforter as well.

I stand there, unsure of what to do next. Do I kiss her forehead? Do I get in the bed with her until she falls asleep? Should we have installed a tv on the wall? As all these questions run through my head I watch as Ellie turns the light off, the glow-in-the-dark stickers on Isabella's ceiling and nightlight in the corner now the only illumination in the room. 

She walks over to Isabella, tucking her in the covers. She caresses her head before tucking a few flyaways behind her ear. 

"Good night, Isabella." Ellie wishes as she exits her room, standing right in the doorway. 

I follow suit, caressing Isabella's head before wishing her goodnight. As I'm exiting her room, I hear her high-pitched voice. 

"Can you sing for me?" Isabella asks. 

I turn around, taken aback by her request. 

"You-you want me to sing you to sleep?" I ask. 

Isabella nods her head. I turn to Ellie, watching her witness the interaction unfold in front of her. Her lips curl into a smile before she leaves Isabella and I alone, leaving the door open halfway. 

I drag her ottoman from her reading nook and place it at the foot of her bed. I take a seat, resting my hands in my lap. "What would you like me to sing?" I ask. 

"That song you sang on stage when you played the piano."  

I think back to my last tour, immediately knowing what song Isabella is referring to. Skyscraper. 

I nod my head before clearing my throat. 

Skies are crying
I am watching
Catching teardrops in my hands
Only silence
Has an ending
Like we never had a chance

I watch as Isabella closes her eyes. I begin to study her features. The way her chest rises and falls slowly as I sing. I watch as her little button nose wiggles every so often and her eyes behind her eyelids move from left to right. The way her little hands wrapped tightly around her doll. 

There is so much responsibility in such a small human. It's Ellie and I's obligation to care for and nurture her. To teach her the difference between right and wrong. To educate her on life. To provide for her. And most importantly, to love her. 

You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper
Like a skyscraper

As the song comes to an end, I sit on her ottoman for a while, just watching her sleep. So innocent and pure. 

"I promise to protect you from all the evil in the world, Isabella," I assure her as I lean forward, planting a kiss on her forehead before quietly exiting her bedroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8K 1.2K 32
| COMPLETED | ๐™Ž๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ž๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ {๐™ต๐š’๐š—๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šœ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š๐š˜๐š˜๐š ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š˜๐šž๐š ๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š”๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š๐š˜๐š› ๐š’๐š} As model and influencer...
1.5M 59.7K 52
Hayden knew when she came out, eveything would change she didn't expect to be pinned against the wall with someone's lips on hers in a conversion cam...
26.6K 696 26
This is the story of Demi and Alex.
311K 5.2K 38
Demi Lovato Imagines. Hope you enjoy! Completed.