our weird friendship anomaly...

Von DaytimesMoon

Who knew that escaping a school would result in stumbling upon the world's most dangerous beast? Well, luckil... Mehr

Welcome to Nevermore Academy - 1
Farewell Nevermore Academy - 2
On the Prowl - 3
Howdy? - 4
I Could Just Drown You Right Here - 5
First Stop, Somewhere - 6
A Dog Always Comes Back to Its Owner - 7
A Shopping Spree! - 8
Howl Not Howdy - 9
After the Silence - 10
A Successful Plan - 11
The Search for Wednesday Addams - 12
Third Wolfing Experience's a Charm - 13
Nightmares and Festivals - 14
We Work. We Shouldn't, but We Do - 15
Starved - 16
I Should've Killed You When We Met - 17
Hearts Are Broken - 18
If You Died, I Would've Killed You - 19
Even You Are Music to My Ears - 20
A Change of Plans and A...? - 21
Never Bring a Non-Silver Knife to a Werewolf Fight - 22
Scars and Nicknames - 23
Woe Is Love Mi Sol - 24
Like a Golden Retriever and a Black Cat, or a Raven? - 25
Time Flies When You're Having Fun - 26
Bury Me in My Blood - 27
Enid Sinclair, The Lonely Werewolf - 28
And the Winds Will Call Your Name - 29
Days Gone By - 30
The Kooky Disappointment - 31
SoulMates - 32
Train to Francisco - 33
"Home" at Last - 34
Don't Say Goodbye... I Hate Goodbyes - 35
Home Is Where the Heart Is - 36
Letters to SoulMates - 37
Surprises, Surprises... 38
Welcome Back to Nevermore Academy - 39
more than just a weird friendship anomaly - 40

Rain - 41

198 10 7
Von DaytimesMoon

~ 🌧️ ~

dedicated to the Rain ❤️

~ 💧 ~

Draw a picture, paint a painting, it'll be the last.

A moment and memory cannot be repeated.

Finality and impermanence.

A scene that is fleeting.

What a passage of time in the blissful nature of life.

Preserve the precious time.

Not even money or the crowd is able to reignite that moment.

Rain, rain, go away.

Come again another day.

All the world is waiting for the sun.

All these moments are waiting for the sun.

Is it that that they want, or just the notion of a heart to wrap around.

Rain, rain, there's no need to go away.

Even as the rain pours and trickles down, the sun still shines.

Don't go away, rain.

Your moment soothes the troubled minds and emotions, your sound evokes deep thought of pensiveness, your fall provides replenishment to the world, your ambiance is solace. You are serene. You are beautiful.

May it rain forever. Even with the sun.

"Enid."

Blue eyes opened and immediately turned away from the open window, "Oh, Wednesday! You're here!" she grinned big as a dark shadowy figure emerged from the doorway.

"I'm amazed your heightened senses didn't detect me at all. Have I improved my own stealth and surpassed the skills of a werewolf? Have I beaten the world's most intelligent and most-"

"No, silly! You just happened to beat the one werewolf that is the most easily distracted! Now come here rain cloud!" her arms opened wide and swooped up the ravenette.

"Let go of me! I am still drenched from the horrendous weather!" Wednesday tried to wriggle out of the blonde's grasp but found no success.

"I don't care! You just smell more like you!"

"That... doesn't even make sense!"

The two continued squirming around the room in each other's grasp- Wednesday did slip out but ended up holding onto Enid for some reason.

It went on for a bit longer than a minute. What stopped them was the flash of light from outside in the woods, to the booming cracking sound of thunder.

The two stopped wrestling around and froze, before leaning in toward each other for a kiss.

"So what brings you to my home on Summer's eve?" the cotton-candy blonde giggled, bouncing on her toes in uncontrollable joy that Wednesday had come.

Wednesday walked over to the window and stared up at the gray skies, "Have you forgotten, mi loba? If you have, I completely understand because that's definitely you."

"Hey! And I definitely remember what day it is!" Enid huffed, "It's-"

The Addams hummed in waiting, giving a tiny smirk.

Oh, how she missed that smirk. That damned smirk.

"It's the day of the tales from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away!"

Wednesday rolled her eyes, "That was a while ago-"

"And so today is... the day we decided to go back together!"

And finally, Wednesday's smirk grew a bit bigger into a smile, "Yes, Enid. It was the day that we came back to Nevermore. The day that you were so brave, even after everything, and had the courage to go back and face what initiated it all."

"Yeah, that was me," she awkwardly laughed.

"Oh I get that you cringe at your own memories... but to me, even five years later, that moment is still the memory that I find the most proudest of you."

"Wow, that was a lot of words-" Enid yelped when suddenly Wednesday swooped her up in her arms like a bat.

She was nearly upside down like a bat in fact.

"Enid. You are proof enough already that you are the most important thing, but your courageous and valiant decision just proved to me more that I do not deserve you- yet I still thank you for choosing me to go along with you."

"Wow, again! A lot of words-" Enid gulped nervously, Where is she going with this?!

"And I must thank you personally, once again, for letting me be the moon to the sun of your world," Wednesday released Enid from her embrace and bowed, "I am the luckiest person ever to exist."

Enid stood tall and finally smiled, "I am grateful for you to be by my side, Wends."

"Now," Wednesday stood upright and looked over to Enid's seat propped by the open window, "what brings you to sit dramatically there?"

Enid points to the little book and pencil, "Just drawing the scenery."

"Of the forest that you've seen a million times over?"

The blonde shrugged, "Well, it's raining, and it was really... reminding me of you. Coincidentally you did show up! But the rain I felt like was going to give me a long night of solace."

"It's not night yet."

"Yeah. I know. But I guess it's because it barely rains here, and if it does it's only for like a few minutes. Speaking of- did you really track your muddy boots into my room?" she went to look down at her lover's feet- but found them in socks.

Her floor was squeaky clean and the said-boots were no longer muddy nor wet, and just tucked away by the door.

Oh right, she can do that in an instant.

"Spotless. They are."

"Are you a green creature from the fairytale books of the galaxy from far, far away-"

"No."

The two were interrupted by a door knock and then creaking open.

"Ah, that explains," one of Enid's brothers sighs, "she's here," he said to another person out of view.

Suddenly Caden was pushed out of the way.

"How does she keep doing that!"

And then a similar process was repeated. Alden was literally tackled out of the way of the door.

"Man, we really suck at being werewolves-" Braddan was unfortunately pushed to the side.

"You suck! I was the one who actually brought up that the door was suddenly open, and I just came home from work-"

Desmond was lightly budged to the side and then appeared the elder man, "Ah, Wednesday. It's good to see you."

"Murray," Wednesday greeted.

"Hey dad!" Enid waved.

"Hey, kiddo. All is well I assume," he gave a bearded smile, "will you be joining us for dinner, Wednesday? Before... or after...?"

"Delighted to join when it's ready," Wednesday answered, she paused for a moment, "and... it'll be after dinner," a big question cannot be asked with an empty stomach chamber. It requires guts.

Enid gave a happy nod to her dad, though she sorta questioned the "before or after" part of the conversation.

"Great. I'll make sure there's plenty. It should be ready in about less than 30," he gave a little wave.

Enid waved back innocently while her dad looked over at Wednesday, mouthing the words: "good luck for later!" and then gently closed the door.

It quietly shut and Wednesday and Enid looked at each other.

Before Wednesday could even open her mouth, Enid pressed her finger against her dark lips, "My dad and my brothers don't count, Wends. He's an old werewolf, and the others are just dumb. You just sneaked past a bunch of dumbos."

"Fine. But I at least went unnoticed," Wednesday let out a silent breath of relief, thanking the gods that Enid hadn't caught on.

"How's my best friend Pubert doing by the way? Being the best hamster ever?" Enid asked as she hopped onto her bed.

"Pubert is doing well. So well that even Uncle Fester had already begun doing experiments, and even then the results are always the same: Pubert is completely intact."

Enid laughed and told her lover that it was great to hear her family is doing well.

All is well with both of their families, and even their friends from Nevermore.

The goth brought information on how Yoko was on a huge European trip, Eugene was apparently traveling around the world and visiting all bee farms, Divina and Kent were relaxing on the shore up North, and Bianca was probably going to another town to gossip.

Enid was glad to know her friends were all doing well after their graduation from Nevermore.

It had been a bit of time since their last letters, but another one was bound to be sent sometime soon.

She just so happened to have sent off her letter to Wednesday the day before, but thankfully was met with the surprise of her visit!

Wednesday then told her lover about her new book being accepted already by the publisher and was quickly being sent to print presses around the world already! The world! Not just the country! Across the great oceans!

Enid was glad to see her writing going strong. Maybe because it was thanks to her little suggestions every now and then.

She then told Wednesday meanwhile the surge of cosmetics and how she was going to apply to run for a full shop!

Though this part of the country was still especially struggling with property owners being women, Enid was going to be one who would prove them wrong! And being a werewolf too! And she had Wednesday backing her up!

Wednesday was once again feeling so proud that her lover was being so brave in being open.

And in their wolfing outs, she still goes on hunts with her brothers and her dad- sometimes even being asked to help deal with bandit camps by some authorities!

Oh right, Enid also brought up how her oldest two brothers finally got stable jobs, while the others are still helping around the family and volunteering.

She was part of a great family, and had such great friends.

Careers and a life ahead of them all.

Time was moving too fast.

Fast as the raindrops fall from the sky.

The cotton-candy blonde went back to the book and began explaining the reason for her contemplating this scenery drawing of the rain.

Wednesday was intrigued by her explanations of the meaning. She remembers Enid's reasons for liking the rain being a reminder of Wednesday, but this was definitely much more.

Was it because of the five year anniversary of the return to Nevermore?

Enid elaborated on the rain being something not to be unafraid of- or not to feel down about.

When rain comes, people run and hide their heads.

But then even when the sun is out, people will still slip into the shade when the sun shines down.

Rain is the weather she didn't mind, the weather was fine.

Though many will argue it's natural hazards and obviously being wet-

"Wait, is water wet?" Enid asked.

But thankfully the conversation quickly returned to finishing the original subject.

"It cleanses us. The whole world. And even gives us life! The plants and nature and all that!"

"Oh my gods," Wednesday monotonously raised a hand to her lips, "you ARE smarter than you look-"

"Wednesday!"

"I am only kidding, love."

Enid growled, "Even when I know you're joking, I still can't help but get the feeling to fight you."

The Addams caught in the corner of her eyes the rainbow. Enid's fingers had spread out and each nail extended its colorful claws.

And then... that damned smirk, "Oh, what is this? Asking for a duel? Why it has been certainly a few months since our last," Wednesday bent a knee and prepared in a fighting stance. One hand by her back foot, the other by her waist. Ready to unsheathe her newly-sharpened knives.

"I'm glad you volunteered to be the first to test my new blades."

"I'm glad YOU volunteered to be the first to test my newly cut claws!" Enid smiled sinisterly.

Her dark eyes examined Enid's nails, "I would hate to ruin the paint job you just did. Those beautiful claws you have are ruined by those colors anyway."

Enid grinned and furrowed her eyebrows angrily, "Oh, I don't mind a little blood on them, Σύννεφο βροχής."

"Your pronunciation is getting better, ο λύκος μου. Too bad I've already perfected the language."

The blonde got into a prowling position, growling even more and raised her claws, "Φίδι!"

"Γκαφατζής," Wednesday replied, unfazed.

It was about to be a brawl between the two lovers.

"You think you're ready?" Enid snarled.

Wednesday scoffed, "Always," and somehow her smug smile just became even more smug.

It was near silence as the two remained frozen. The clock was ticking and waiting for their next move.

When the minute hand struck the hour, the deep-sounding bell rang and the two left their spots in a blink of an eye and raced toward each other.

Both of them were about to give a battle cry, their mouths opening wide to roar their lungs out- but those lips quickly closed.

Their mouths ended up being the first parts of their body to collide with each other, and they quickly found themselves entangled in each other's arms.

A battle of furious love and passion. This was the duel of heated emotions.

But unfortunately it was "short-lived" when a deep-voice was heard going off.

"Enid! Wednesday! Dinner!"

The two pulled away from each other's lips and simultaneously stared at the grandfather clock. Somehow the minute hand was far beyond the hour that it had just previously struck.

"Were we really making out for that long?" Enid fixed her hair, panting.

"Just be grateful one of your moronic brothers- or even your dad- didn't decide to open the door and let us know." Wednesday straightened her clothes, "even though I know for sure their hearing senses could hear us."

"Eh, at least we werewolves have the ability to tune out and block certain noises."

"Oh really?" the ravenette raised a brow as she stood up from the bed.

"Don't get any ideas, Addams," Enid pointed a finger and walked over to the door, "be down in a minute!" she shouted through the door.

The couple immediately knew the immature brothers were going to be fussing about how they're making out, but they didn't mind at all.

They were just happy to be back in each other's arms once again.

Enid wandered back to the open window where the rain still fell.

There was still distant lightning and sounds of thunder echoing.

And even with the rain, the sun shone.

A strange blend of the weather in the end, but it does indeed happen.

Like a daytime moon.

Unexpected, but it does happen.

Her lover joined her by the window, gazing out at the nature in the rainfall.

The quick patter of raindrops was a soothing sound.

And the smell.

So strange and indescribable but so unique.

That fitted Wednesday.

She was so glad to have her by her side.

After everything they went through.

Some memories hurt, but she had grown to be able to push them aside and move on.

The pain of the past was quickly forgotten by the forest sound being drowned.

She focused on where she was right now.

She had been lifted up and made it here, all thanks to Wednesday.

The rain as soft as her.

Her calling out, and with her she gets to live a happily ever aft-

"May I suggest something?" the goth's eyes shifted up to meet her lover's, I nearly forgot to tell her beforehand, she mentally face palmed but remained calm.

"Yes, Wednesday?" Enid smiled softly.

"Apologies for interrupting your train of thought. But considering it's the five year anniversary of our return to Nevermore- your brave decision- I suggest we go on a walk," Wednesday swallowed nervously.

"On a walk?" that's strange of Wednesday to do, Enid noticed her gesture.

"Yes. It should still be raining, but the remaining sun is sufficient to lead our way. And the trees will keep us dry for the most part."

"In the rain?" the cotton-candy blonde raised a brow.

The ravenette nodded, "In the rain," because nothing is more romantic than now out there.

Nothing is more beautiful than now... out there.

Besides her.

Rain.

In the rain, hm?

"Sure, but let's go down and eat dinner first. Best not to keep the family waiting for no reason," Enid headed over to the door and opened it, awaiting her lover.

Thank you, Murray, "Right. Of course," Wednesday stepped into the doorway and raised her hand to her lover, "and then we can have our walk."

"Then we can have our walk," Enid gracefully took Wednesday's hand.

Wednesday could still feel the ring around Enid's finger. She made a quick peek at the special memoir of their bond. It was as polished, shiny, and beautiful as the first day she gave it. To this day, Enid still wore their promise ring. But soon... very soon... it is bound to be replaced.

The couple left the room with the window still wide open, letting the sound and aroma of rain fill the now-empty bedroom.

The grandfather clock's ticking was not loud enough to drown out the sound of the rainfall.

The rain... perfect.

Once again.

With her free hand as they stepped down the stairs, Wednesday patted her pocket to check for the little box one last time.

Let's see: a walk in the woods of a werewolf neighborhood, on the werewolves' animal hunting grounds, in the middle of San Francisco, under the rain with the sun still shining, a thunderstorm rolling off in the distant, on the fifth anniversary of our return to Nevermore, and for sure not in my parent's tradition of asking the big question in a graveyard. What a romantically kooky way to propose, Wednesday Addams thought to herself, truly living up to her name.

(author's note):

It's been a full 365.25 days since they were left to live happily ever after.

And I must say it is still one of my favorite stories to look back on and probably my best work of an actual story.

If you didn't know, I've probably written around 25 fanfictions! And so far this is my best and most favorite work.

I can definitely see more of the small mistakes, maybe a few plot holes, and parts that I wanted to branch out and develop more like for example when they were in Jericho for literally only one chapter... but that'll be my teaching moment to have better works in the future.

Thank you so much for this journey. It was a blast to write it and it is still great to write for this story once again.

Wednesday and Enid will return.

~

this chapter is dedicated to (the) Rain ❤️

thank you especially and dearly

~

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.3M 28.7K 90
//PSA BEFORE YOU READ: This story was written when I was brand new to everything writing. For a much better everything, go read the rewritten version...
169K 4.5K 47
Wenclair fanfic! While Wednesday returns to Nevermore after the semester break, she tries to solve the mystery of who may be stalking her. As to be a...
10.2K 319 12
Wenclair fake dating AU!! After a long call with her parents, Wednesday has concluded that they have gone mentally insane. In the mist of the moment...
438K 18.9K 67
New cover is courtesy of the wonderful @Aikon_MJ5 Apparently this story has been"Hand picked by Wattpad ambassadors for top 3 Netflix stories"...