Passive Aggressive

By NiranjanaNepol

He was called Cold Blood Monster. He was a cold-blood monster, doesn't mean he had no HEART. He has... he has... More

1 Cold Blood Monster
2 Khushi's idea
3 Neither Passive nor Aggressive
4 Mischievous Khushi
5 The NAME...!
6 Stunning Ratna
7 It's not a lie
8 Unexpected Behavior
9 Deadly Combination
10 Lies
11 Diabolical Side
12 Reaction
13 Our Personal..!
14 Horrified Khushi
15 What Curse?
16 Decision Changed
17 Emotional Shashi
18 As a father...
19 Blink of the eye...
20 Superpower
21 Champion
22 Revenge?
23 Full Moon Day
25 Unexpected
26 Conclusion
27 The Girl
28 What Truth?
29 Horrible Truth
30 Curse
31 Khushi's anger
32 Hesitating Aranv
33 Passive yet Active
34 Trust
35 It's not wrong
36 Right or Wrong?
37 Change
38 Shocking Shashi

24 Furious Arnav

547 76 10
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 24 Furious Arnav

The exam results were declared. As usual, Arnav got first rank but as no one expected, Khushi got second rank and Vedika was pulled back to the third position. That made her furious. She refused to give Khushi notes only because she didn't want Khushi to become a rank holder. After all, on the first day itself, Khushi dragged the student's attention as she was SP's daughter but as Veidka didn't expect, Khushi snatched her place in the class by taking second rank. Vedika felt the difference in students' looks. The professors flattered Khushi like anything which fuelled Vedika's angry fire.

"I'm sure she would not have gotten the second rank if you had given your notes to her...because our subjects are tough. As you denied, she not only got the notes from Arnav but also got his assistance. That's why she became the second topper of our class..." Swetha said.

Vedika could not tolerate that. She wanted to revenge on Khushi for snatching her position. Khushi should not get second rank in the upcoming exams. She supposed.

Parthiban was also furious as he failed the exams. He just passed two exams with border marks as he wrote them snatching a girl's answer sheet. He glared at Arnav who didn't help him in the exams. Vedika noticed it and she knew the reason for his anger. She decided to join hands with Parthiban but indirectly because she didn't want to get into trouble as Khushi was SP's daughter.

On the other side,

Khushi gave her exam papers to Arnav smiling.

"Because of you, I got the second rank... but I won't thank you"

"No need...I didn't teach you, expecting your thanks"

"But, I'm going to give you a treat... on our trip"

"It's not necessary"

"You don't have the right to deny me anything"

Arnav blinked his eyes smiling.

"You should accept anything given by me... understand?"

"Khushi..."

"Shhhh... you should be RECIEVER if I'm the GIVER... don't be a denier... and I know you won't DENY me," she said in a double meaning.

"It seems you are so excited about the trip?" He changed the topic.

"Of course... why won't I be if you are with me? It's only two days for our trip" She said excitedly.

Arnav nodded yes.

Khushi thought about something and pulled his hand. She checked the wound on his wrist. It still looked fresh.

"Didn't you apply ointment on it?"

Arnav nodded no.

"Why?"

"It will heal on its own..."

Khushi sighed making a face.

"Why are you like this, Arnav?"

She waited for the period to get over. She came out and searched for the office assistant. She saw one crossing by.

"Rajan Anna, could you do me a favor?"

"Tell me..."

"I need medicine and a gauze roll. Could you get them from the nearby shop?"

"Sure" he readily agreed as she was SP's daughter.

"I will get it from you on the short break"

"Ok..."

Rajan went to buy the ointment and Khushi came to her place. Arnav looked at her sharply as he HEARD what she said.

"What did you tell him?"

"Nothing..." she shrugged her shoulders.

Arnav smiled inwardly.

Rajan gave the ointment to Khushi on the short break. Taking it from him, she came to Arnav. She unbuttoned his cuff.

"What are you doing?"

"I told you, if I'm a giver, you should be a receiver..." She applied the medicine to his wound.

Arnav RECEIVED it smilingly.

"Khushi, how could I be with ointment-applied hands?"

"No need..."

Taking a gauze, she band-aided the wound.

"Now, you can be free"

Arnav nodded his head from left to right, buttoning his cuff.

"Get the needed things ready for the trip," Khushi said.

"We have time"

"You will forget if you pack it at the last moment. Prepare a needed things list. Then you won't forget anything"

"It seems you started packing..."

"I have already finished packing" she laughed.

Arnav raised his brows and chuckled.

"If you are so much interested in the trip, why did you say no when I didn't agree to come?"

"My answer is in your question itself... I said no because you said no"

Arnav knew she would say that. Yet, he asked because he liked to hear that from her.

"Don't be so fond of me"

"Why?"

"We should get apart one day... right?" he said reading her expression.

"Can't we be together if WE want it?" She asked with a sharp gaze.

Arnav knew very well what she meant.

"How could we be together? You will leave Ooty when your father gets transferred"

"If you don't want me to leave Ooty, I will be here...with you..."

Arnav looked into her eyes deeply. It was indeed an eye lock. He averted his gaze when the professor entered the class.

Night

Arnav had dinner with his parents. Of course, he removed the Band-Aid before coming to the dining.

He looked at them and said,

"I'm going on a college trip the day after tomorrow"

Arvind looked at Ratna with disbelief. He didn't trust her words when she told him about it.

"It's a three-day trip..."

Ratna nodded ok smilingly.

Arvind said nothing. He ate fast and went to his room. He came with a bunch of money and gave it to Arnav.

"Keep this for your trip expenses"

Arnav looked at him oddly.

"I know you are a multimillionaire... you have a huge bank balance...! This is from my said... as a father" he said emotionally yet excitedly.

The tea estate owned by Arvind's father was in Arnav's name. Arvind made half of its income to be credited to Arnav's account. They expected him to be confident if he was economically independent but Arnav never used the money for anything. He didn't even know where his debit and credit cards were.

"Dad, there is nothing to be emotional"

"Let it be anything, Chotte...! I'm so happy about you going on the trip."

Arnav expected that. He knew his parents. They wanted him to be like others.

"I was thinking about searching for my debit card...! I think it's not necessary now" Arnav said smiling.

"I will help you to search for it," Ratna said seriously.

"This money is enough, Mom"

They rolled their eyes.

"Is everyone from your class coming?" Arvind asked.

Arnav nodded yes.

"Enjoy the trip..."

Arnav went to his room smilingly. Arvind looked at Ratna delightedly.

"I'm so happy..."

"Me too..." Said Ratna choking.

The trip day

After coming from the college, Arnav got ready for the trip and waited for Arvind to pick him up.

Exactly at 7 pm, Arvind came. Arnav loaded his bag in the car. He saw Ratna coming with a bag.

"Are you coming with us?" Arnav asked.

"I just think of visiting my friend," Ratna said.

"Oh..."

Arvind started the car. They reached the college and saw students were waiting. Khushi was chitchatting with Lavanya and NK. She saw Arnav getting out of the car with his parents. She rushed to them smiling.

"Hi...aunty..."

"Hi..." Ratna gave the bag to Khushi.

"What's this?"

"Eatables... I prepared it for you..."

"Wow... thank you..." Khushi smiled brightly.

"You said you are going to meet your friend?" Arnav asked.

"Of course, I met my friend..." Ratna said controlling her laughter.

Arnav rolled his eyes and Khushi laughed.

"Beta, the wind will be chilling. Cover yourself properly" Ratna said.

"No problem Aunty. The buses have heaters I suppose..."

"Oh... then no problem"

"Students were asked to sit on the buses class-wise. I have occupied a seat for us already" Khushi said.

Arnav looked at his parents who glanced at each other.

After a while, the students were called.

"Bye, Aunty..."

"Bye..."

Arnav got in and stood looking for Khushi. She pointed to the seat behind him in which her bag was being kept. He sat on it. Khushi came to him. He gave her space to sit on the window seat. She sat and huffed.

"Finally, we started..." She chuckled.

Arnav smiled.

The heater turned on. The bus became warm. Khushi removed her jacket and muffler. She took the box given by Ratna and saw it. The sweet was round in shape but not laddoo. She tasted it. There was stuff inside it that gave a rich taste to the sweet.

"Mmm... wow... it's so tasty... what's its name?"

"Suzhi(li)yan..."

"It's awesome" She ate one more.

She extended the box towards Arnav. He nodded no. Taking one from the box, she stuffed it in his mouth. Arnav chewed it smiling.

She took a few from the box and kept it in the cap of the box. Then she distributed the sweets to their classmates.

"Wow, Khushi... it tastes good..."

"Arnav's mother's dexterity... she brought it for ME," she said proudly.

Students looked at Arnav who smiled inwardly.

Khushi again came to her seat and sat.

"Won't you like it?"

Arnav nodded no.

"You are totally waste..." She stuffed one in her mouth.

"What a taste...!" she said mouth full.

Students enjoyed the trip singing, and making the bus gala. No one slept till midnight. After that, one by one started dozing off. Khushi also slept and leaned on Arnav's shoulder. Arnav pushed her seat back and made her lay on it comfortably. A few boys were still up. Parthiban's gang was one among them who occupied the last seat.

Arnav closed his eyes to get some sleep. Suddenly, he opened his eyes as he heard something. He looked at Khushi whose dress looked a little LOW. In no time, he stood up and came in front of Parthiban who tried to capture sleeping Khushi in his mobile.

Arnav snatched the mobile and broke it into two pieces, wrathfully.

"Hey... are you mental? It's worth Rupees one and a half lakhs..." Parthiban said, clutching his collar.

Arnav gripped his neck,

"How dare you capture Khushi in your mobile?" he gritted his teeth.

Parthiban and his friends were stunned. They saw Arnav leaning on the seat. Then how did he see them capturing her?

"You are mistaken... have not started it yet..." he chocked.

"But, you were supposed to..."

Parthiban gulped down hard.

"You thought to capture her. That's why I broke your mobile. If you had captured her, I would have killed you. Mind it..."

Parthiban was horrified to see his wrath. Arnav pushed him hard and he fell on the last seat. He came back to his seat and covered Khushi with a shawl, glaring at Parthiban who was also looking at him heatedly.

To be continued...

Note: the next few updates are available on Inkitt. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 12.1K 22
Love... Yes, he is in Love. He is in love with her from the day she has fallen in his arms. Yes, it is love at first sight indeed. The mighty ASR, w...
33.1K 733 32
A beautiful love story Dhruv a handsome and every girls dream boy , arrogant and cold hearted what happens if he meet a beautiful and soft girl who...
31.4K 3.8K 14
She thought he had changed and was beginning to fall in love with him but he proved to her on the night of her sister's wedding that he would always...
154K 10.2K 39
A Good looking guy with a fair complexion, dark black hair, and chocolate brown eyes was looking inside the ICU through the mirror attached to the do...