(Ninjago) The Broken Ones

By TheRealWindElemental

As a new evil arises, so does a new elemental. She's laid low all these years, even though she's known about... More

Chapter One: The Beginning
Chapter Two: A Lot Like Me
Chapter Three: Going, Going, Gone
Chapter Four: The Future is Now
Chapter 5: Don't I know you?
Chapter Six: Fire and Ice
Chapter Seven: Giving It All I've Got
Chapter Eight: And Here's Where It All Changes
Chapter Nine: There's No "I" In Team
Chapter Ten: The Truth Releaved
Chapter 11: Well Now You Know
Chapter 12: Resolution
Chapter 13: The Kusarigama
Chapter Fourteen: If Only I Knew
Chapter 15: Revealing the Unseen
Chapter Sixteen: Divide by Zero
Chapter Seventeen: A Night To Remember
Chapter Eighteen: In Too Deep
Chapter Twenty: It's All In The Mind and Heart
Chapter Twenty-One: The Dark Half
Chapter Twenty Two: Pieces of the Past
Chapter Twenty Three: Fix You
Chapter Twenty Four: The Smoke In Our Eyes
Chapter Twenty Five: I Forgot To Breathe
Chapter Twenty Six: Burning Colors
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Chapter Twenty Eight: Nothing Town
PLEASE STOP
RP request

Chapter Nineteen: Just Between You and Me... And Cake

1K 29 63
By TheRealWindElemental

Not a lot of time passed since when the six of us talked and I couldn't stop thinking about those so called shadow people. It just left an uneasy feeling in my stomach that just wouldn't go away, and I hated it. I knew that something was out there but that made things worse, I couldn't do anything while I knew that something had to be done. We had no clue what it was so I wasn't sure what to expect out of all of this. Was it going to be something simple, was it going to be life risking, or was it going to be nothing at all? All of the questions continued to race through my mind, so I decided to make myself some lunch in attempt to get my mind off of things.

I opened the door to the fridge and scanned the various foods inside. There wasn't anything good, other than some leftover chinese food. Since there wasn't anything else that looked appealing to me I decided to take that. I grabbed it and brought it over in the microwave oven that they had, and let it start cooking. I sighed, hoping that it wouldn't take so long because I hadn't eaten all day and I was pretty hungry. The smell slowly filled the room, which for some reason managed to attract Cole into the room. "What you cooking? Smells like the leftover chinese food we got as take out a couple nights ago."

"Yep, that's exactly what it is," I told him. I leaned against the counter, sighing again. "What are you doing here?" I questioned him, curious why he came into the kitchen. Maybe he was hungry too? It made the most sense to me.

"Smelt the chinese food cooking, so I was wondering who was in here. Plus, I thought I might as well get some food while I was in here, kind of hungry," He admitted. Just as I thought, he was hungry as well. Like I did before, he went over to the fridge, then gasped "M-My Cake!" He exclaimed. "It's gone! Someone ate it!" he kept digging through the fridge, this time frantically, before pulling away and looking over to me. "Tell me you didn't eat it."

I gulped, starting to feel a little bit guilty that I did eat it. I wanted to tell him the truth, I couldn't lie to him, but I didn't want to see what happened if I told him that it was me who ate it. He didn't exactly seem like he was joking when he told me about how Jay ate it once and he sent him to the hospital. "Um," I tried to take advantage about the few extra moments. I frowned, but nodded "Yeah, I didn't know it was yours. It was just sitting there, and I couldn't not eat it. I'm sorry," I just couldn't bring myself to lie, no chance in hell would I lie to any of them.

We shared a quick moment of awkward silence, and I could see the anger in his eyes, which slowly went away. He sighed "If it wasn't your first time eating my cake, I'd be pissed, but not this time," he told me. "I'll let it slide, this one time, got that?"

I stood silent for a couple of seconds, but nodded "Yeah, I just couldn't resist though!"

He couldn't help but laugh. "I see you're a fellow Cake lover too, huh?" he casually questioned me, still laughing a bit, which seemed to be more on the chuckle side at this point. I gave him a nod. "Doesn't mean you'll be getting my cake any time soon.

"Wasn't expecting it... Wait, do you smell that?" all of a sudden I could smell something burning, my god don't tell me "The food!" I could see the food burning, not to a crisp, but it was clearly burnt. I quickly grabbed an oven mitt and took it out, frowning at the poor food that I managed to burn. It was just like the waffles a burned the other day! "Damnit, burnt my food again," I glanced over at Cole who was raising an eyebrow at me. "What? Never seen someone who burns almost everything they cook?

"Uh, it's not that, I've just never seen someone else who burns food. I can't cook either. They boys say I couldn't cook to save my life," was he serious? He couldn't cook either? I thought I was the only one. Like, I can cook some things, like Mac and cheese and spaghetti O's. I can't even cook hot dogs right: I cook them in the microwave and always manage to blow them up.

"Cole!" We heard someone yell from the hallways, and saw Jay pop his head through the door "What did you burn this time?

We stared at him for a moment before I broke the silence "It wasn't him, it was me, and it was some leftover Chinese food."
I could see Jay's jaw drop, him obviously being surprised that it was me who burnt the food, and not Cole. "Seriously?! Someone burnt the food other than Cole?" the two of us gave him a nod as he walked over to Cole and gave him a pat on the back. "Well, buddy, looks like you've got some competition on being the worst cook around. At least your not the only one."

"Hey," I whined. "I can cook, like Mac and Cheese and Spaghetti O's, so don't say I can't," I told him. I wasn't going to sit around and listen to someone insult my cooking. Yeah, it was bad, but that doesn't mean it was right to rub it in my face. I'd rather just forget about it, same with him, and go on with my life. I'd just not cook again: problem solved. I threw the burnt food into the trash and the oven mitt into the sink. "Well, so much for having Chinese food for lunch," I saw a conveniently placed bag of chips on the counter, and grabbed them. "These'll have to do, better than nothing."

"We've seriously got to tell Zane that he's the only one that's allowed to cook."

"You've said that a thousand times, Jay," Cole sighed, starting to push him out of the kitchen and back out into the hallway. "Why don't you go tell him that now? Tell them others while you're at it," I could just hear the irritation in his voice as he said that, Jay must have specifically told Cole that a lot because even I wouldn't say it that annoyed. I had no objections to Zane being the one to cook, though, I had the feeling that he was the best cook around. If someone else was better they would have had them cook last night instead of Zane, so that's not a bad guess. "As much as I hate to admit it, Zane is a better cook that all of us, by a lot."

"Can't wait for the next time he cooks, then," I joked.

"Same. I would never pass up Zane's cooking, not a chance." he told me. "Now, you should give me those chips."

He attempted to grab them the chips bag out of my hand, but I pulled my hand away and for some reason used my other hand to block his face. "Nope," I told him, my hand just awkwardly being on his face and the bag still in my other. We stood there for a moment before I pulled my hand away "We can either share the chips or neither of us can have it."

"Not taking any chances, I'll agree to that."

"Fair enough," luckily there was just enough for two servings, so we could split it up evenly between the two of us. "I'm gonna go watch a movie after this, so I get the bag," I was about to pore a plate of the chips for him before he interrupted me.

"What movie?"

"Either Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Star Wars, I can't decide. But why do you ask?"

"You should totally let me watch it too, or should I say them. If you can't decide, then why not both?" Cole suggested.

I raised an eyebrow at him wanting to watch a movie with me, but I nodded "Oh, that's fine. And yeah, that's actually a good idea, to be honest," I didn't even think about watching both movies, this way I didn't just end up watching one. "If that's the case, then we can just use the bag, we wouldn't be wasting a plate," I put the plate back where I got it and turned to Cole "Just a heads up, the movies are on my computer. There not illegally downloaded, though! I've either bought them or given them."

"That's fine, as long as the screen is big enough to see."

"Yeah," I began to say before I remembered something "Oh, hey, before we get those movies going I've gotta go out my stuff in the new room. Give me ten and I'll be ready to go. Don't eat the chips before the movie!" I turned to leave and jogged back to the room to grab my stuff, putting it all in my bags to carry it all in. Nya still wasn't there so I decided that I'd just tell her later. Shadow and I both agreed on the room next to hers, across from Cole and Kai's, and the one that was diagonal from Jay and Zane. Lloyd was lucky because he got his own room next to Cole and Kai's, I'd kill for my own room!

When I got into the new room I noticed that it was empty, then I realized that she didn't even bring any of her stuff. Maybe she was gone getting it all now? Yeah, that made the most sense. Like before, I put all my clothes in one of the drawers, but this time up put my art stuff under my bed. I put my laptop case on my bed and took it out, along with the charger. "Alright, movie time," I smiled and met Cole out in the living room. I put on Texas chainsaw massacre first, hoping that I could watch more than one Star Wars, it'd be awesome if I could watch all three of the Original trilogy. I always loved that one better, but I still enjoyed the new one.

The two of us enjoyed the movies, and it was honestly a great way to start my time here: getting to enjoy some movies with at least one of the guys. We managed to bond a little in the short amount of time. I found out that he does some art stuff too, but he paints instead of draw (something I couldn't do to save my life). He also listens to the same kind of music as me: Rock music. I found it kind of ironic because his element was earth, and rocks... Yep definitely ironic. By rock music was probably the best music genre out there. Hook me up with some Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Sick Puppies, and Starset and I'm good to go! Don't forget that he kickboxes a little like I do. I wasn't sure why, but I had the feeling that we'd make easy friend, maybe even best friends one of these days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 874 18
This is for all you Ninjago fans! The Ninja get forced up into a portal, leading them to the second dimension. It turns out that in this dimension, t...
6.5K 207 30
Kaila Walker was just your ordinary 17 year old teenager that's gifted with the power to control water. She was an outcast, feared by many of her peo...
2.7K 102 17
A ninja never quits... That's what the ninja have been saying for years. But what happens when a ninja does quit? ...literally. -------- Webs of lies...
4.9K 60 20
Ever since the Overlord was defeated Ninjago seemed to be cleansed from evil. There was no one for the ninja to fight anymore. The rest of the Ninja...