KARASUNO'S MANAGER - Haikyu V...

By HermesStories

"Remember the promise you made years ago?" My brother asked from the phone. "Which one?" I asked as I blow a... More

Author's Note
Prologue
I. Sōzokujin Academy
II. Note
III. His Sister
IV. Oh Brother
V. Serve
VI. Breakfast
VII. Surprise
VIII. Storm
IX. On
X. Late
XI. Kitchen Duty
Author's Note
XII. Food
XIII. Caught
XIV. Red
XV. Pretty Cute
XVI. Graves
XVII. Sleepover
XVIII. To Die
XVIV. Wish
XX. His Fingers
XXI. Get Lost
XXIII. Idiot
XXIV. Spill
XXV. Punishment
XXVI. Second
XXVII. Wait
XXVIII. Explain

XXII. The Plan

44 2 0
By HermesStories

•••
"I can't believe we're actually doing this." Ennoshita whispered as they wait for Johzenji and Nekoma on the rooftop.

"It's freezing out here." Tsukishima said as he buries his face in his jacket.

"Suck it up!" Suga whispered as he slaps each of the boys backs.

"I can't believe we're doing this with the captains knowing..." Tanaka said as he grins and raised his fist.

"Alright! The time has finally come. Daichi has entered his dark era." Noya added.

"Wasn't he already in his dark era?" Asahi mumbled.

"Should we be worried?" Narita asked as he looked around his friends.

"Everyone, shut up! It's past curfew!" Daichi glared at the boys as he rubs his hands together, trying to keep warm.

"Stop yelling Daichi!" Suga said.

"I don't feel good about this." Hinata mumbled to himself.

"What did you say?" Kageyama looked down on the lone boy sitting on the floor.

Hinata looked up and shook his head side to side.

"Think about it. If Hideko-chan finds out, she'll be upset. I don't know if I'll be able to-"

"If! If she finds out. No one will mention this to her. At all cost." Kinoshita said with his hands in his waist.

"Stop being stupid Hinata. We're doing this for her." Kageyama rolled his eyes.

"Then why can't we tell her?" Yamaguchi and Hinata asked at the same time.
•••

••
"Carry your damn feet!" Yaku whispered towards the boys as they walk up the stairs.

"What the hell does that even mean?!" Lev asked as he turned to look back.

"It means to stop dragging your feet and stomping them around. We're trying to be discreet here." Kenma sighed as he zips his jacket.

"I kind of expected for your group to be, how do I say this... move with finesse." Terushima smirked at Kuroo.

"Right. With being cats and all." Bobata added.

"Should be elephants, instead." Futamata chuckled.

Kuroo looked at the Johzenji team with an irk mark on his forehead.

"Ha?! Look who's talking?" Kuroo taunted back.

"Keep it down!" Yaku and Tsuchiyo said at the same time.

The boys grumbled under their breaths as they continue to walk upstairs.

"Elephants walks almost silently, despite their weight because their feet are covered in a soft padding." Kuroo whispered as he glares at Terushima and his friends.

"Thought you should know." Kuroo added as he opens the door to the rooftop.

The boys stopped arguing with each other as they see Karasuno waiting for them.

"Looks like the crows are already here." Kuroo said as he walked over at Daichi.

"Alright! Let's do this!" Yamamoto, Tanaka and Noya bumped their fists.

"Quiet down." Kenma said as he walked over Hinata, who was still sitting on the floor.

"Hey." Hinata greeted him with a tight smile.

"What's wrong?" Kenma sat down beside him.

"I don't know about all this..."

"Tell me." Kenma said as he looks at the group of boys gathered up late at night.
•••

•••
The sun is barely out in the skies.

Hideko bends down with her hands on her knees as she breathes in and out.

"Are you okay, Hideko-chan?" Ennoshita asked as he pants beside her as well.

"It's too early for this, Ennoshita-san."

The boys chuckled as they walk inside the camp.

"This is our first morning jog with you, Hideko-chan!" Hinata yelled as he jumps in front of her.

"I don't think we were jogging Hinata. It felt like we were sprinting the whole time."

"You were." Yamaguchi said as he laughs behind them.

Hideko grumbled as she drags herself to the cafeteria.

"That's what you get for following those two morons." Tsukishima taunted as Kageyama and Hinata glares at him.

"Thank goodness we don't have morning jogs every single day."

"You didn't have to go with us Hideko-chan." Suga said as he pats her back.

"But I want to! I haven't been there during your first and second morning jog this week."

"You're not missing out on anything, Hideko-chan." The boys chuckled as she pouts at them.

"I am! I feel like I'm not doing as much as I should as your manager." Hideko crossed her arms over her chest, kicking her feet as she continue to walk.

"Maybe you should stop spending so much time with the other teams." Tsukishima said as he raised his brows at her.

"Did you miss me Tsukishima?" Hideko teasingly asked as she turned around to face him.

"Do you want a hug?" She grinned with her arms wide open.

The boys stopped walking and laughed as Hideko slowly walked towards the blonde boy.

"Don't you dare. I'd rather not have your sweat near me." Tsukishima said as he fix his glasses.

"Don't be a big baby! Come here! Show me some love!" Hideko ran forward surprising Tsukishima, stopping him from his tracks.

Hideko jumped and embraced him as she laughs while attaching herself to the boy like a koala to a tree.

"I'm sticking to you guys like glue for the rest of the week!"

Seriously?! The boys thought as they grin to themselves.

Tsukishima stuttered out nonsense as the boys laughed.

Hideko jumped down and pat his back.
"There. There. That wasn't so bad now was it?"

"It was horrible." Tsukishima glared at her as he marched ahead of everyone with his face flushed with color.

"Wait! I almost forgot! I can't be with you guys for the whole day. I'm helping Inarizaki. I'll be with you guys for the whole weekend, instead!"

"No!"
Tanaka and Noya jumped her as the 3 of them crash to the ground.

"Ouch. Guys, my arm!" Hideko yelled from under them.

Tanaka and Noya was pulled off her by Ennoshita and Daichi while Suga offered his hand for her.

Hideko dusted her self as Suga helps brushing her hair away from her face.

"I'm not collecting bruises, stop giving them to me." Hideko said in a playful tone but the boys froze as they look at her with wide eyes.

Hideko looked around them, not expecting the silence.

Too early to joke about that? I suppose, it's only been a day after all. Hideko thought as she rubs the back of her neck.

"Come on guys! I was just kidding. I'm fine." She laughed while the boys one by one nervously laughed along side her.

"We better hurry. The other teams might finish all the food." Hideko skipped ahead from the team.
•••

•••
"Cupcake! Over here!" Atsumu yelled as he sees Hideko walk in the cafeteria.

"Quiet down, Atsumu."

"She won't hear me if I don't yell, Aran."

"Sit down. Stop flailing your arms like an idiot." Osamu said.

The boys bickered with one another not noticing the red haired girl at the end of their table. Except for one.

"Hideko, don't mind their nonsense. Here, take a seat." Kita moved to make space beside him.

"Thank you, Kita-san." Hideko smiled as she sets her tray down.

"Your team sure is lively this early in the morning." She smiled at him.

"They're a bunch. Do you have an idea why coach asked for you?"

"Nothing in particular. He just told me to act how I usually do when I'm with my team."

Kita hummed as he continued to eat his breakfast in silence.

Silent type?

Hideko ate her breakfast, covering her mouth to muffle her giggles as she listened in on the boys arguing with each other.

Suna turned to his side and saw Hideko sitting on the far end, beside Kita.

Since when did she get here?

Suna nudged Osamu and looked at Kita's direction.

Osamu looked at Kita with one brow raised, confused with what Suna is trying to say.

Did someone... giggle? Osamu thought.

He moved a little bit and finally noticed Hideko beside Kita covering her mouth.

Kita's practically blocking her from everyone's view. Atsumu's going to make a fuss about this. Osamu thought as he shook his head at Suna.

The boys continued to talk with each other as they finish their breakfast.

"What do you think cupcake will give us?" Atsumu asked as he stands up from his seat.

"We'll find out later." Hitoshi said as he grabs his tray.

"You're really going to call her, cupcake?" Michinari the team's libero asked with a smirk.

"Why not? It suits her."

"Don't be a creep." Osamu said as he and Suna walked back after putting their trays in the dish cart.

"Why don't you just ask her?" Suna pointed at Hideko with his thumb who was talking with Kita at the far end of the table.

The boys looked at her then at each other.

She's been here the whole time?!

Atsumu walked towards them with a grin.

"Cupcake! Why didn't you say hi?"

Hideko looked up and waved at Atsumu.

"All of you looked busy. I was waiting for the right time. But I guess, I forgot after awhile. My bad."

"You could have joined us, you know."

"I wasn't alone Atsumu-san. I was talking with Kita-san." She laughed.

"Shall we head over the gym already, Kita-san?" She looked over the boy who nodded his head.

Kita stood up and grabbed both his and Hideko's tray.

"You don't have to, Kita-san. I can-"

"Don't worry. It won't take long." He said as he walked away with their trays, leaving her with the rest of Inarizaki.

"So... How was your morning jog? I hope you're all filled up for the morning." Hideko grinned towards the boys.

"Oh! Right before I forget. I made blueberry muffins for the team." Hideko said as she stood up from her seat and excitedly showed them the bag she was holding.

"Blueberry?"
"Muffins?"

"You didn't have to cupcake!" Atsumu yelled as he grabs the bag and opens it.

"They smell so good!" Atsumu yelled with stars in his eyes.

"Your words don't match your actions." Suna said as he look at his friend with amusement.

"What are you, a kid?"
"Get a grip."
"Stop, it's embarrassing."

"I can't wait!" Atsumu ignores the words of his friends.

Kita walked back to his team and gestured for them to follow after Hideko thanked him.

Hideko laughed as she walks beside Atsumu.

"I'd love to make more for you Atsumu-san. That is, if you actually end up liking them later on."

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm going to like them. Besides, why wait for later, right? I can just take one right now." He smirked at her.

Hideko grabbed the bag from him and slowly shake her pointer finger at him.

"No you can't. Not yet. You just had breakfast. You have a full day today."

"Hey! You-"

"You'll get sick. Stupid." Osamu said beside him.
•••

•••
"When are we starting?" Kageyama asked as he watch Hideko leave with Inarizaki.

"Start right now if you want. No idea how that'll turn out." Yamaguchi chuckled.

"It's just a prank. It's a simple prank. No one's going to get hurt." Hinata chanted to himself.

"Unless someone actually gets hurt." Tsukishima smirked as he stood up to leave with Yamaguchi.
•••

•••

"Boys! To the front!" Coach yelled as the boys jogged towards him.

"Today, our matches are focused on Nekoma. Make sure to keep a keen eye on their setter." He continued on to explain how the day will run as Hideko stood beside him.

"We have Hideko as our stand in manager for the day. Welcome her and treat her as she's part of the team."

Hideko waved and gave a few reminders for the day before the boys started with their warm ups.

"What will you be doing, manager-chan?" Suna raised one of his brows as he placed his hands on his waist.

"Like I said, I'll be here to help if needed."

"We've managed before. What's the point of having you now?"

"That's enough Suna. We're about to start." Aran said.

"Stop being mean to our manager!" Atsumu yelled.

"She's Karasuno's manager, idiot." Osamu said as he walks to his position on the court.

"But she's ours today!" Atsumu winked at Hideko before jogging after his brother.

The first match ended with both sets taken by Inarizaki.

Hideko went out to refill their water bottles as she hears the Nekoma team running laps around the gym.

Punishment this early in the morning...
Can't do it. I just can't. She thought as she thinks about how Karasuno is doing.

She went inside and placed the crate of water bottles down beside the bench she's sits on.

"That was easy."
"Kind of expected more."

Hideko turned towards the boys who were talking while sitting down on the bleachers or the floor.

"You all did well. But you should keep your guards up. Nekoma's good at turning the tides in their favor."

"I don't know about that cupcake. You talk highly about people who lost within minutes."

Hideko sighed as she goes around taking their used towels to place on the dirty basket.

2nd match
Nekoma vs. Inarizaki
1st set - Inarizaki
2nd set - Nekoma
3rd set - Inarizaki

Another penalty for Nekoma while some Inarizaki boys chuckled, drinking cold water as they talk to each other.

Hideko was called over by coach Kurosu to discuss about their matches as the boys continue with their conversations with each other.

"Everything seems to be going in our favor."

"I agree coach. But the matches from here on out will be much tiring for both teams."

"Is that so?"

"Nekoma's game style is difficult to play against in the long run. They have powerful hitters but not as much as the other teams, including Inarizaki. It's no surprise that they are losing but I won't be surprised if they turn the tide, sooner or later."

"Why do you think that?"

"Objectively speaking, both teams are using energy but our team is exerting more to fuel their powerful attacks. But then again, Nekoma's doing their second penalty which also takes a lot of their energy..."

"They're waiting to attack." Coach Kurosu mumbled to himself as he looks at coach Nekomata at the other side of the court who only grinned at him.

The boys from Nekoma filled in the gym, panting and sweating.

•••
I think it's about time. Tanaka thought as he readies himself to serve.

Bam

The ball soar over the net hitting Tsuchiyo's arm as he directs it at Futamata setting it for Terushima.

The ball was touched as Daichi ran after it keeping the ball in play.

One. Two. Three.
Just jump and get hit on your face.

Blocked. The ball fell on the floor, giving the point to Karasuno.

No! Kageyama you idiot!

The game continued as the ball went over the net over and over again.

If you want something done. You better do it yourself. Tanaka breathed in and ran towards the net, glaring at Bobata.

Hit me. This is the one time I'm not going to be mad about getting hit. Just freaking do it!

Tanaka jumped a little late to block.

Bam

He dropped to the floor and balled himself up.

Fck. That actually hurt.

"What was that?! Tanaka! You're not suppose to be there!" Their coach yelled as he marched towards him while his friends surrounds him.

"How did you even get there? You were at the back!" Keishin yelled as he stops in front of him.

"Crap! Are you okay?"
"What the hell was that?!"
"Didn't you here me calling out?"

The team threw question after question as Keishin rubs his forehead and sighs.

"Are you alright, kid? You're sitting out for the rest of the match. Come on." Keishin offered his hand.

"Coach, I think he needs to go to the clinic. His nose is bleeding." Suga said as he stands up after kneeling beside Tanaka.

"What?! Why didn't you say anything? Go! Someone get him to the clinic!" Keishin yelled towards his team.

"Hey! Don't be back unless you feel all good. Don't worry about the matches. You need to focus on resting and getting better." Keishin said as Tanaka only nods his head while covering his nose as Kinoshita held him up.

They both walked out the gym, leaving their team and Johzenji.

"I can't believe that actually worked." Tanaka chuckled to himself.

"You're stupid. You weren't supposed to be the one getting hit." Kinoshita slapped his back as he chuckled.

"It hurt like sht." Tanaka rubbed his face while laughing.

Now for the second part of the plan.

"Good. You idiot."
•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 1.2K 19
#3. animexreader 07/30/21 (Y/N) (L/N) was just a regular teenager like any other, he behaved pretty well, and usually got good grades. He was usuall...
471K 13.2K 50
**UDATE 3/17/21: I WILL BE REWRITING IN A SEPARATE STORY WHICH WILL HAVE THE SAME TITLE AND THE PLOT WILL BE PRETTY SIMILAR. PLEASE CHECK MY PROFILE...
578K 17.1K 109
~Main Story Completed~ "I want to go to Karasuno, in Miyagi" From Tokyo to Miyagi. From a prestigious all-girls school to a common high school. The r...
56.5K 1.5K 38
he wants to be her friend. she can't stand him. he finds her intriguing, she doesn't fawn nor obsess over him, which he likes; so instead he fawns...