You've Got That One Thing [On...

By Mental_Directioner

"Some people have secrets that remain unknown while some have secrets kept in their open book. Everyone has a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
The Grand Competition
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note

Chapter 10

428 25 5
By Mental_Directioner

So this is the new part. The thing is the chapter will be very long since a lot is going to happen so we split it into two parts. Hope you like it. :)

I'm sorry for the late update!

(R)

Ps. the dedication is random. I dedicated to "slowlyinhale" because of the cute pic and nice username

 QUOTE: It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowrdly, can never know what true friendship means.

Charles Kingsley

********

Drake’s P.O.V

Just as I was driving out of the school’s driveway, I felt a buzz in my pocket. A new message! I halted the car, and took out the phone. That’s weird, an unknown number! I clicked on it.

It read:

Hi Drake! This is Annabelle...in case if u r wondering Louis gave me ur no. So, bring her to the mall first to buy  an outfit. Then pretend that u’ve gotten a call frm me and go to my hse. Kay? TKS!

Hmmm....So to the mall we go.

I looked at Ellie who was trying to find an appropriate radio channel.

I pressed on the accelerator and assumed on the journey to the mall. I was practically jumping with excitement. Breathe in Drake. Take a deep breathe.

“OI! U just drove past my house!” El exclaimed.

“No way! I’m bringing u to the mall to buy u an outfit as a birthday present!” I grinned. Dang, I’m a good liar. Not that its anything to be proud of, of course..

“But-” El protested.

“No buts.” I interrupted. We’ve reached the Mall.

I got out of the car and opened the door for El, like a gentleman that I am. She smiled and we walked side by side towards the winter clothes shop. I waited as El walked around examining the different outfits. None seem to be catching her eye though. I glanced at my watch. 25 minutes have passed. I smirked. Time to put my acting skills to work. Muahahaha!

I played the sing ‘Moves Like Jagger’ to seem like my phone was ringing. i had charged it in school. That definitely attracted El’s attention. I put my index finger up to signal that I was excusing myself for a minute. She nodded. I walked out and pretended to talk on my phone.

“Hello?...Oh Hi Annabelle!....Yes...Oh...Okay....Sure!....Bye!” I said. I was cupcaking good at acting. I should totally sign-up for drama club! I walked back into the shop and realised El looking bored. Humph...doesn’t seem like she’s enjoying her birthday so far...

“Hey EL!” I shouted from the entrance of the shop. As I did so, I earned dirty looks from the other people in the shop. I gave them the what-you-staring-at look at rushed towards El who was laughing so hard. What? My mom always told me it was rude to stare! As El sobered up, I created a sort of script in my head.

“Annabelle called.” I started.

‘And..?” she asked, cocking her eyebrow.

“I had told her about my plan on brining u to the ice rink and she said she had a new outfit and she wanted to give it to you. So we should go to the house now.” I lied through my teeth like a pro. Seriously I was so good, even I was starting to believe the lies!

“Okay...but why didn’t she call me?” She asked, confused. What the Robert Pattinson? How was I suppose to answer that? That was not in my script! C’mon Drake! Improvise.

“She said she tried but the call didn’t reach you. So shall we go?” I asked.

“Okie Dokie! Let’s go!” she smiled. We linked arms and skipped towards my car. Yes, we skipped. Problem, papayas?

Soon after, we were at the doorstep of Annabelle’s small yet comfy looking apartment. El immediately knocked on the door. Someone’s excited to see her best friend. I stopped her and took the key from under the mat.

“Annabelle told me she’s at the doctor’s and to let ourselves in. The outfit is in her room.” I said, answering her questioning look. She merely nodded. As I unlocked the door, I realised Annabelle’s house looked much bigger from the inside. Purple, Black and White coloured the walls. Even the furniture was purple.

“Mental note to self: Buy something purple for Annabelle as a present on her birthday.” I muttered causing El to laugh. We made our way towards Anna’s room. There on the bed was a cute outfit.

“Right! So I’ll be in the purple room a.k.a living room. Come out when you’re ready.” I smiled, closing the door behind me.

Within minutes, El was ready. Truth to be told, she looked stunning! The outfit included black leggings and a sparkly brown sequined short. She had a black singlet under a pink shirt which had a black skull in the middle. Over it, she had a long sleeved black jacket. To finish it off, she wore black heels. She also had a waist-length brown wavy hair down, beautifully surrounding her face. Her side bands was neatly swept to the right. As usual, she had no makeup at all. She looked great, with natural beauty. So why add makeup unnecessarily?

I smiled and linked arms with her. Together, we walked out of the house. I was careful to lock the door and place the key where I found it.

As I opened the door for El, I pulled out my phone and sent a message to Annabelle.

“Part A - dress up Ellie, is complete. Part B - Ice rink, commences now.

-Drake”

I smiled at the message. I sound like a detective. Detective Drake is here. Call the cops.

Within seconds, my phone buzzed.

“Good job Detective Drake. We are ready for El’s arrival. message me once outside the rink.

-Detective Annabelle.”

Let Part B of surprise Ellie commence!

3rd person P.O.V

Annabelle woke up dazed. Aaargh, how she hated waking up early for school. Her eyes roamed around the room before landing on her table-top calendar. Today’s Ellie’s birthday! This whole week, she had hardly spent any time with Ellie. Why? No. Not because she was a horrible best friend. In fact, the total opposite. She was being a brilliant best friend and was planning a surprise party for Ellie. Afterall, she was turning 18! One does not simply not celebrate when you become a legal adult!

Annabelle was in this party planning with One Direction and Drake. Yes, One Direction, THE One Direction were planning Ellie’s birthday. Be jealous, pineapples! The plan was that Drake was to ask Ellie to go ice-skating with him after school. Annabelle would bunk school, being a badass and an excellent best friend she is, she would lie and say she has caught the cough and will reject El’s offer of going to school together. Lying i this case was acceptable, afterall it was for a good cause right?

On the other hand, Drake will follow El to school and later escort her to the ice-skating rink which is totally booked just for El’s birthday by One Direction.

Annabelle pulled out an outfit for El to wear later. Next, she took a quick shower and dressed up. Unlike El, she love make-up. She always wore foundation, mascara, eyeliner, blush and lipstick. She always put these to make a freckles less visible.

Within minutes, she was ready to meet the famous boy-band and decorate the rink. Since El’s work started today, Annabelle had informed them it was her birthday. Did Annabelle forget to mention that Nando’s had a special privilege for their staff? She did? Bleh. You’ll know now. The privilege was the day off and a free nando’s meal. Because of that, They were going to eat there after skating.

On the other hand, in one direction’s apartment, Liam, Niall and Louis were singing the Wake Up song to Zayn and Harry. Afterall their hard work, they just have to be there for their new best friend, Ellie’s birthday. They needed to be early to make sure everything was indeed perfect. Finally, one direction were up, ready and on their way to the ice-skating rink.

A few days ago, Annabelle had contacted the lads and asked help in making Ellie’s birthday perfect. It was her 18th afterall. And of course, the lads, being the nice gentlemen they were had accepted it. Together, they planned everything. From the location, to her presents, to the food. They thought of everything, systematically. Who knew the 5 idiots who had the attention span of goldfishes could plan all of this in a short period of time? No one. That’s who.

Soon, Annabelle called Drake and informed him of his task. Later, she met up with Louis and the others. Together, they’ll decorate the entire rink. That was hard work to do. Afterall, Louis was in this plan wasn’t he? Hence, after a lot of distractions later, the rink was ready for El. This took, 4 hours. To hang a few banners her and there. Why you may ask. Simple. Louis. Harry. Liam. Niall. Zayn.

Louis would go “SUPERMAN!” every couple of minutes. Harry would flick his hair every couple of minutes. Niall would laugh every single second. Liam would slap each of them at the back of their heads every time they did something they shouldn’t do. And Zayn. Well, he just stared at the reflective ice and say “Aren’t you a hottie.”

These boys, are retarded. In fact, retard is an understatements. Can you believe it? These weirdos are loved worldwide!

Just as they hung the ‘Happy 18th Birthday Ellie!” banner, Annabelle’s phone buzzed. Drake. It seems like they were on the way. One Direction immediately went into hiding, bubbling with excitement and nervousness.

Will Ellie like the surprise?

*****

Hope you guys liked it! Part 2 will be up soon, like maybe tomorow or day after. I am so excited!!! :) By the way, check out the outfit. Do you know macbarbie? In one of her videos, the iceskating one, the last outfit is what she is wearing.

(R)

Ps. I need to pee

PPs. That is why I am in a rush.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 47 11
I can't run, and I know I can't hide, What's the point of even living, If I'll still get caught, Lying, Dying, You can't escape someone... Who isn't...
113K 2.1K 17
A selected bundle of nations is gathered after a mysterious letter involving America shows up at their door. Once they all arrived a light freezes ti...
6.9K 1.3K 72
"I..." "Stop it!" he shouts, stopping me in mid sentence "I hate you." "B-But why? Why do you hate me?" "Oh! You know the reason." "If I would've...
1.3K 331 37
Memories are dangerous, emotions are forbidden, and love is out of the question... ............... #1 in #TEENREADS on 15-12-18 #3 in DEADGIRL on 29...