𝔻𝔸𝕃𝕀𝔸ℍ

By zeeiyyy

π‘ β„Žπ‘’ 𝑖𝑠 β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘‘, π‘ β„Žπ‘’ 𝑖𝑠 π‘π‘Žπ‘–π‘›π‘’π‘‘, π‘ β„Žπ‘’ 𝑖𝑠 π‘π‘–π‘‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ, π‘ β„Žπ‘’ 𝑖𝑠 π‘Žπ‘™π‘œπ‘›π‘’, π‘†β„Žπ‘’ β„Žπ‘Žπ‘  𝑏𝑒... More

π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘œπ‘›π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘π‘€π‘œ
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘“π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑠𝑖π‘₯
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘’π‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘“π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑠𝑖π‘₯𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘’π‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 π‘œπ‘›π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 π‘‘π‘€π‘œ
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 π‘‘β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 π‘“π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 𝑠𝑖π‘₯
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘¦
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘¦ π‘œπ‘›π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘¦ π‘‘π‘€π‘œ
π‘π‘œπ‘‘π‘’!
πΈπ‘π‘–π‘™π‘œπ‘”π‘’π‘’
π‘πΈπ‘Š π‘†π‘‡π‘‚π‘…π‘Œ 𝐴𝐿𝐸𝑅𝑇!!!

π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 π‘’π‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘

71 7 4
By zeeiyyy

After a few days, Hashim was able to convince me to talk to my father's wife and daughter. He dropped me off at the café we agreed to meet for breakfast then left for work somewhere. They were there before me and I was on time.

"Good morning". I greeted as I sat opposite them.

"Good morning, how have you been".

"Well". The older woman nodded.

We ordered our food, I went for coffee and cake while they went for pancake and the decorations that came with it.

"Your father used to tell me about you". She said after a while.

"Really? What about".

"He used to tell me how precious you were to him and you had the prettiest eyes". I shook my head and sighed.

"Did he tell you that before or after you got married?".

"After, why do you ask?". The waiter dropped our food and I waited for everything to sort out before speaking.

"He probably said that to earn your trust, did he tell you why we were not together".

"He said it wasn't working out between himself and your mother". I wanted to laugh.

"So he sold us away? Look, I don't even want to talk about all this. In a way I pity you and somehow I'm happy for you". I looked at the daughter who wouldn't be older than batool.

"I pity you because you had to be with him for years, he could have easily done the same with you two. Then... I'm happy that he's going to pass soon, so no matter what, you are safe". She didn't look like she appreciated what I said.

"The years I spent with Ibrahim he was nothing but caring and loving to us". I took a sip of my coffee.

"What's your name?". I asked the teenager that had been quietly listening to our conversation.

"Layla". she said timidly.

"Layla". I repeated.

"I want to believe you are no more than 18?". She nodded.

"Okay, I was six, when he sold my mother and I. I lived my childhood there, I only got to leave when I was 20, my mother.. she died there". They were both quiet.

"So, I am happy you didn't go through what I did". I leaned back in my seat.

"He doesn't have much time left". The mother said.

"Mummy". Layla said not knowing about this information.

"He had always wished to find you and seek forgiveness, though I had never known what he did to you".

"I don't think I have the heart to forgive him. He took away the peace from my life, he doesn't deserve the peace me forgiving him will bring him". We were quiet after that, each to her thoughts. I still ate my breakfast but I don't think they had the appetite to do the same.

"Please try to visit him within the month". The mother said.

I didn't reply, minutes later, I stood up to leave, I paid for our food then stepped out to go into my Uber.

"Adda!". I didn't turn at first until I realised it was Layla. I did and I saw her coming towards me.

"I just wanted to tell you that, I know daddy hurt you but he had been good and I saw him cry sometimes holding your picture and he always said I reminded him of you. He lived his life in regret. What I'm saying is please, forgive him. Allah likes people who forgive others mistakes, so please...". I stood looking at her.

"Good bye Layla". I entered the car and the driver drove off.

He dropped me off at halima's house. I hadn't seen much of her since we came. She came to check on me twice.

"Afreen, look who came to see you". She cooed at her baby who was turning into her mother more.

I leaned down and gently picked her up. She screeched excitedly and I smiled.

"How are you?". She asked.

"I'm fine". She nodded.

I spent the whole day there and fell more in love with afreen, also she didn't want to leave my arms. Hashim came later to get me. He insisted that afreen looked like her uncle, but she didn't even let him hold her. We left after dinner.

"How was the meeting?". He asked me when we were in the car.

"Uh, it was fine". He glanced at me then back at the road.

"Let's go back home tomorrow". I told him.

"Are you tired of Abuja already?". He teased and I shook my head.

"I just... I don't know". We were both quiet for sometime.

"Won't you go and see him again?". I looked at him.

"Not you too".

"No, I'm just asking". He said with a small laugh.

"I don't want to".

"Okay". He nodded.

"Well, I think we should stay a little longer in Abuja. I need a break from work".

"You really don't like going to work". I looked at him and he smiled.

"Adnan will take care of it before he leaves and I want to spend time with you". I nodded and turned to look out of the window.

When we got back home, I didn't have the energy to climb all those steps, so we went to Hashim's room downstairs instead. I wore his shirt and shorts as pajamas, which was too big, so I folded the waist of the shorts to keep it in place but it was still loose, so I held it and walked to the bed.

"Don't you look stunning". He teased with a smile and I shook my head. I stood in front of the bed and let go of the waist of the shorts and it slipped down my legs.

"It's too big and I can't use a pin, it might prick me".

"You look even better". He reached his hand out for me and I joined him on the bed.

"You'll look even more better without the shirt". I looked at him and laughed.

"I think you'll look better without your shirt". I said straddling him and then wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Let's find out". His voice dropped and he reached out and switched off the lights.

**********

A week later, Baba said he got a call from layla's mother that her dad had passed, I nodded and left after Baba told me. I didn't want it to affect me, I tried to not let it bother me but who was I kidding, this was someone I had looked up to, loved and cherished all my life, well until two weeks ago. So, despite myself, I remembered what Layla said to me and I decided to visit them.

Baba got their address and we went together with Hashim and batool. The house was somewhat full with people going in and out. It wasn't cheerful like the a wedding or naming or birthday as I had attended before, a funeral is different. As I looked at the house, I thought 'he got good money from selling us'.

We made our way inside the house, which was somewhat quiet. I saw Layla and her mother knelt beside his corpse. The mother saw us first, then Layla turned. She stood up and rushed to me, she wrapped her arms around me sobbing and in that moment I forgot the fact that I decided not to have a relationship with them but I already felt a sister bond forming since that day at the café.

I held her in my arms, patting her back as she cried. After a few minutes, I walked to kneel beside his corpse.

"I wonder if you'll get to meet mama at all. But if you do, go down on your knees and seek her forgiveness. I have fasted three because I swore not to forgive you but somehow I have forgiven you, not because of you but because of myself". I said on him and stood up.

Layla glued herself to me throughout our stay there and made me promise I'd visit her before I left for Kaduna. I got her phone number and then we left.

"Are you okay?". Hashim asked me when we walked out.

"I'll be fine". He nodded and kissed my head.

We went back home after and started getting ready to leave. Apparently, Hashim didn't want us to leave yet because he felt like I would prefer to see him one last time and I actually did and I was grateful for him.

////////////

Well, there goes. No more Ibrahim. But as he passed, daliah formed a new relationship with her half sister.

Please vote and tell me what you think. See you later!

Three updates in one night?! I need an applause.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 207 28
She was happy She was content She wanted nothing more He came into her life He broke her into pieces. He left her with nothing But pain,sorrow and be...
8.3K 773 37
Multiple lapses in judgement lead Fatima into an arranged marriage. But the young girl uses it as an opportunity to find herself and develop meaningf...
7.9K 739 45
Copyright © .............'it happened on 1st December' UNEDITED..... PEACE ✌ XOXO ❀
560 67 8
In a world where love is both sought after and elusive, two souls find themselves entangled in the intricate web of fate. She, a woman with a heart...