𝔻𝔸𝕃𝕀𝔸ℍ

By zeeiyyy

π‘ β„Žπ‘’ 𝑖𝑠 β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘‘, π‘ β„Žπ‘’ 𝑖𝑠 π‘π‘Žπ‘–π‘›π‘’π‘‘, π‘ β„Žπ‘’ 𝑖𝑠 π‘π‘–π‘‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ, π‘ β„Žπ‘’ 𝑖𝑠 π‘Žπ‘™π‘œπ‘›π‘’, π‘†β„Žπ‘’ β„Žπ‘Žπ‘  𝑏𝑒... More

π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘œπ‘›π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘π‘€π‘œ
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘“π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑠𝑖π‘₯
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘’π‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘“π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑠𝑖π‘₯𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘’π‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 π‘œπ‘›π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 π‘‘π‘€π‘œ
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 π‘‘β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 π‘“π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 π‘’π‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘¦
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘¦ π‘œπ‘›π‘’
π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘¦ π‘‘π‘€π‘œ
π‘π‘œπ‘‘π‘’!
πΈπ‘π‘–π‘™π‘œπ‘”π‘’π‘’
π‘πΈπ‘Š π‘†π‘‡π‘‚π‘…π‘Œ 𝐴𝐿𝐸𝑅𝑇!!!

π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑑𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦 𝑠𝑖π‘₯

35 7 0
By zeeiyyy

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, I was wondering if we had missed prayers. I reached for the phone on my bedside table and was surprised to see Baba's name on the screen. I picked the call and placed phone to my ear. I looked out at the balcony and it was still dark.

"Salamualaikum Baba, is everything alright?". I asked. I felt Hashim shift beside me.

"Wa'alaikum salam, you haven't woken up to pray". I pulled my phone away from my ear, it was actually a little past prayer time.

"I slept through my alarm". He was just waking me to pray.

"Can you come to Abuja?". I sat up then.

"Why, is everything okay?".

"Yes, I just need you to come, it's.. urgent".

"Uhm, okay I'll tell Hashim and we'll come during the weekend".

"I'll send my driver to bring you today and Hashim can come during the weekend". Okay now he's scaring.

"Baba are you sure everything is alright, just tell me what is it".

"Don't worry, I'll tell you when you come. Go and pray now dear". He hung up after reminding me the driver would come, leaving me confused.

"Is everything alright?". I turned to Hashim, I didn't even notice he had woken up and even sat down.

"I don't think so, but Baba says I need to come to Abuja". He was quiet for a bit then he touched my arm.

"I'm sure everything is alright". I nodded.

We prayed together then he said he'd call Baba to tell him to tell the driver not to come as he'll be coming with me. I started packing a small box of just what I'd need for a trip.

We left after breakfast, I couldn't help but worry about what was happening and Baba not saying anything didn't help matters, I called halima but she also didn't know what was wrong.

"What are you thinking about?". Hashim asked but I forced a smile.

"Nothing". He held my hand.

"I'm sure everything is alright, he just probably wants to see you or talk about the work he mentioned before right?". I nodded.

I still didn't feel any better. When we got home, everyone was there, except halima. Baba didn't exactly look like anything was wrong and everyone looked fine, so I decided that I was just fretting over nothing and it was probably Baba's ploy to get me to come to Abuja or something.

After lunch, he told me to come to his study and I did. We sat on the couches in the room.

"Daliah..". He called, that spine chilling one and I stared at him.

"You should know that this came as a shock to myself". Something was wrong then.

"What is it Baba".

"It's your father". I looked at him confused.

"What happened?".

"H.. he's in the hospital". Hospital morgue?

"I don't get you Baba".

"I only found out days ago when I got a call and he asked for you". He asked for me? I doubt dead people could do that.

"Baba what are you saying, he.. he's dead isn't he?".

"That's what I thought. I even attended his funeral but wallahi daliah, I saw him yesterday. He's not exactly fine but he is alive". I shook my head not wanting to believe him. How is this even possible.

"When you're ready, let me know and we'll go to the hospital". I nodded and I left his study.

I met Hashim in my room, he was looking at the framed picture of halima and I on my graduation in my room.

"Hey, are you okay?". He looked at me and I walked to sit on the bed.

"I'm fine". He sighed. Minutes later, he came and kissed my forehead and left me to myself.

I was overwhelmed, not knowing what to think or make of the situation. I sat there on my bed, wondering where he was all these years. Then I decided and realised I'd only know that if I meet him, so after praying asr, I told Baba we could go and we left for the hospital with Hashim.

Baba led the way around the hospital. As we stood before the door, I heaved a sigh and went in after Baba.

There he was in the middle of the white room, hooked on different machines. He looked frail, there were two women in the room with him, one older than the other. Maybe mother and daughter? He was an only child so he doesn't have sisters, so I had no idea who they were.

"Daliah". He whispered when we stood by the bed. I heard Baba and Hashim exchange pleasantries with the two ladies but as I stared at my father, all the questions flew out of the window and tears streamed down my face at his condition and the fact that he was actually here.

I held his hand unable to control my tears or the sob that escaped my lips.

"How...". I was unable to make a sentence.

I touched his face and sniffed, he looked much much older than the last time we were together- I was six then.

"Listen to me". His voice was frail.

"It's okay, you're going to be fine". I told him but he shook his head.

"You have to forgive me daliah". He said.

"No, don't say that please". I heard the door closed and when I turned I realised the others had left, probably to give us privacy.

"I'm sorry". He said, tears were now streaming down his face, I wiped them away.

"Please don't say that".

"No, no. You have to listen to me. It's all my fault". I was about to protest again but he was quick to continue.

"I was stupid and I wanted money, I.. I can't go to your mother if you don't forgive me". I frowned.

"I'm sorry". He sobbed.

"They offered me a lot of money, I couldn't refuse. I.. I thought it was going to be a maid job or nanny job... I didn't know they... I'm sorry". I could swear that my heart stopped beating for a second and I stopped breathing.

I pulled my hand from his hold and shifted back, my legs felt too weak to hold me up. I pushed something down from the table and it shattered, I looked down at it and it looked like my heart right now.

"I'm sorry, daliah. I.. can't die in peace if you don't forgive me, please forgive me". He said again and I shook my head.

"Daliah". I turned at Hashim's voice, I didn't know he had come in. He had worried look on his face.

"Are you okay?". I held his shirt.

"H..Hashim tell me he's lying". I said quietly and he looked at me confused.

I released him and went to the bed where the man I always thought my hero, my favourite person in the world lay. I leaned down and fisted the hospital gown he was wearing, not caring if i tugged any of his wires.

"Tell me you're lying, you're joking right!". I shook him and he only shook his head and sobbed.

I was betrayed in the worst way possible by the person that is supposed to protect me, he brought me into this world only to be a monster that will destroy my life.

"Who are they?". I asked suddenly.

"My..my wife and daughter". I let out a laugh, I couldn't believe him.

"Do you know what we had to go through?". I asked him.

"I was six!". I yelled at him.

"You have my mother's life on your hands. You want me to forgive you? Why?!".

"Daliah...". I was quiet for a while, more than a minute or two I'm sure.

"Why should I give you that peace, tell me? I swear by the God that created me, until the day I take my last breathe, I will never forgive you". As the words left my lips, I saw the life remaining in him visibly drain from his eyes.

"Daliah". That was Baba's voice.

"I.. I..". I couldn't speak anymore. I felt like my heart was in pain, the pain was too much.

My feet moved on their own, but I felt strong arms holding my shoulders, shaking me.

"Daliah, daliah baby look at me". It was distant.

"Come on, breathe, breathe. You're fine". I couldn't concentrate on his voice.

The last thing I saw was my mother's face before I was drawn into the darkness.

/////////////

I am heartbroken.

How can a father possibly do this to his own?

Please vote, share and comment to support daliah and help her through this.

Peace!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 25.9K 64
The path of two heartbroken persons cross by a marriage arranged by their parents. They both heal their broken hearts together, showering each other...
149K 15K 49
*COMPLETED!! - Editing in process* Highest ranking #2 in Hausa #1 in Nigeria summary in editing* NOTICE: None of the pictures belong to me. All th...
270K 11.7K 32
𝘚𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘀𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘧π˜ͺ𝘳𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘒𝘀𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘸𝘒𝘳. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘡, 𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘳𝘢π˜₯𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘡...
281 120 20
"𝐈 π’‚π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’” 𝒑𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒂 π’‡π’‚π’Œπ’† 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒂 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 π’†π’—π’†π’“π’šπ’π’π’† 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’Žπ’šπ’”π’†π’π’‡. 𝒀'π’Œπ’π’π’˜, π’Žπ’‚π’”π’Œπ’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒏'𝒕 οΏ½...