KARASUNO'S MANAGER - Haikyu V...

By HermesStories

"Remember the promise you made years ago?" My brother asked from the phone. "Which one?" I asked as I blow a... More

Author's Note
Prologue
I. Sōzokujin Academy
II. Note
III. His Sister
IV. Oh Brother
V. Serve
VI. Breakfast
VII. Surprise
VIII. Storm
IX. On
X. Late
XI. Kitchen Duty
Author's Note
XII. Food
XIII. Caught
XIV. Red
XV. Pretty Cute
XVI. Graves
XVII. Sleepover
XVIV. Wish
XX. His Fingers
XXI. Get Lost
XXII. The Plan
XXIII. Idiot
XXIV. Spill
XXV. Punishment
XXVI. Second
XXVII. Wait
XXVIII. Explain

XVIII. To Die

59 3 0
By HermesStories

•••
BANG. BANG. BANG.

Kawanishi rubbed his eyes and yawned as he went to the door.

BANG. BANG. BANG.

"Who's at the door?!" Semi yelled annoyed.

"Do they plan on breaking the door?" Shirabu rolled his eyes as he sat up.

"Alright. Alright. Hold up. I'm opening-" Kawanishi was stopped mid sentence when he was suddenly pushed back when he opened the door. 

"Dude! What the hell? That almost hit my face!" Kawanishi yelled as he felt more awake than a few seconds ago.

Ushijima quickly walked over to the door as the boys from Karasuno barged in their room.

"What is the meaning of this?!"
"Where is she?!"
"If I found out any of you hurt even a single strand of her hair, I'll bite your head off!"
"You lot actually have a death wish!"

The boys kept on shouting out question after question without giving anyone from Shiratorizawa's team to respond.

Tendo on the far end corner of the room looked beside him to see Hideko still sleeping.

Heavy sleeper huh.

Tendo took his pillow and blanket and made a pile beside her, covering her from the view of the boys.

Those morons actually barged in our room. Tendo thought as he walked over his team who were standing in front of Karasuno.

"Well, isn't it a good morning?" Tendo asked with obvious annoyance in his voice.

Tanaka marched towards him and grabbed his shirt.

"YOU!"

"Yes? It is I, the one and only-."

Tendo was cut off when a flash of orange started running around and throwing things.

"Hey!"
"Stop that!"
"What the hell are you doing?!"

Kawanishi and Goshiki tried to run after the ball of chaotic energy who is causing destruction in their room.

"What do you think you're doing?!"
"Oh, it's on!"

Tanaka and Nishinoya ran after the 3 boys, causing more things to fly around and across the room.

Smack.

A pillow fell in front of Semi after hitting him on his face.

"What the fck is going on?!" Yamagata yelled at the commotion happening.

Semi growled under his breath and glared at the 5 boys running around the room.

"Can someone explain why you are all in here?" Ushijima stood in front of Daichi with crossed arms.

"Hinata! Tanaka! Nishinoya! Stop it!" Daichi yelled before looking at Ushijima with a glare.

None of the boys listened.

Kageyama started opening closets after closets, mumbling to himself.

"Where could she be hiding?"
"Did they stuff her in a bag or something... Wait, will she even fit there?!"

Ennoshita went after Kageyama and pulled him back to the team.
"Stop that! What are you doing? You can't just open their closets!"

"Right. Because we didn't just enter their room without consent." Tsukishima said as he rolled his eyes at everyone.

Morons. Idiots. Why the hell are we even in here? If Hideko wants to sleep here and spend time with them than us, so what? I don't care.

Tsukishima leaned his back to the wall and looked at the state of chaos the room is in.

Why am I in here? Did Yamaguchi pull me? I don't remember...
•••

Hideko yawned and stretched her arms up as she finally notice the noise.

Those voices seems familiar...

Hideko sat up and looked at her side to see a mess. A whole lot of mess.

Without thinking, she stood up and ran after Hinata, tackling him to the ground.

Thud

Hinata in a state of confusion pushed her off him, a little too hard which resulted with Hideko hitting one of the closets with her side.

"Ah!" Hideko screamed as she clutched her arm to her chest.

Everyone stopped moving.
Nobody spoke as little whimpers were heard coming from Hideko who is balled on the floor.

"Hideko-chan!" The boys yelled as they run towards her.

"Hideko-chan! I'm so sorry! I didn't-" Hinata tried to explain he placed his hand on her back.

Hideko flinched and scooted away from him, refusing to look at him.

Hinata froze as the other boys took his place, receiving the same reaction.

"Come on, Hideko-chan. Let me check." Suga gently said as he pats her head slowly but Hideko only shook her head, still refusing to look and speak to anyone.

"You should leave." Shirabu said as he stood a little far away from the group surrounding Hideko.

Kawanishi and Goshiki glared at Shirabu, thinking that he was talking to Hideko.

Prick.

"Let's all take a breather. All of you, out." Semi said as he looked at all the boys from Karasuno.

"What?"
"No!"
"Not without her!"

The boys disagreed but was later silenced by Daichi.

"We'll see her later. Right now, we need to get ready." Suga tried to reason with his teammates as he keep his eyes focused on Hideko.

"We shouldn't have come." Asahi mumbled to himself as he looks at Hideko with a frown.

"But she's hurt-" Tanaka said.

"I wonder why?" Tsukishima mockingly asked as he glares at Hinata who hasn't made a sound since talking to Hideko.

"Hideko-chan. We're really sorry. We-"
Kinoshita said as he tried to walk towards her but was stopped by Yamagata.

"I don't think now is the best time to talk to her." Yamagata said with crossed arms.

"Whatever the reason is for all of you coming here, it's not enough that it has to end this way." Ushijima said with a glare as he hears Hideko's whimpers and sniffles behind him.

"Just leave." Tendo finally said as he walked towards Hideko and crouched down and placed his hand on her head.

No one spoke as the Karasuno boys left the room.

"Chibi-chan?" Tendo asked in a soft tone that she never expected him to have.

She looked up with tears running down her face as she quickly wipes it away with her sleeves.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault." She sniffles as she looks down on her hands.

•••
No, it's not. Don't cry. The boys thought as they tower around her cowering form.

The boys felt uncomfortable, at loss for words.

"Kind of." Shirabu mumbled to himself which everyone heard because of the dead silence they were in, with the exception of Hideko's sniffles here and there.

The boys glared at the said boy who just shrugged under their gazes and walked over a closet. 

"We're all thinking it. None of this would have happened if she's not here in the first place." He continued as he grabbed a small box at the top shelf.

If you don't shut your mouth in the next few seconds, I'll shut it for you...
Yamagata thought as he walked over the boy.

"Bastard." Semi grumbled under his breath.

"No we don't! I'm not thinking that!" Goshiki stammered out as he falls down to his knees and reached out for Hideko.

No one tries to talk to me back in Shiratorizawa... I'm not losing a friend. Goshiki thought with confidence as he gently pats her back.

"Where does it hurt?" He whispered softly.

Hideko faced Goshiki and gave him a tight smile as she shake her head side to side.

"Don't worry about it. I'm good." She mumbled out.

•••
Hinata walked with his head down, nearly bumping into everyone.

"You moron!" Kageyama smacked him at his back but Hinata didn't even flinch as he was pushed out of balance and dropped to the floor.

Thud.

The boys looked at Hinata with both concern and annoyance.

Suga sighed as he walked over to their friend.

"Come on. We need to get ready for the day." He said as he offers his hand out to him.

Hinata looked up as everyone stared down at him, further making him feel the guilt of hurting Hideko.

"I-"

"We know, you moron." Kageyama cut him off.

"You didn't mean to."
"It was an accident."
The other boys voiced out their opinions.

"But she's hurt-" Hinata was cut off once again but this time by Daichi.

"Listen up. We made a mistake. Let's all admit that. What happened back there, shouldn't have happened, so let's all agree that nothing like that will happen again. Understood?" Daichi asked with a stern voice that made everyone stand taller.

"We'll talk to her, later."
"We need to do something."
"I don't think she'll be with us later..."
"Should we make her something? She likes food, right?"
"Coach is going to kill all of us."
"We need to apologize."

The boys whispered among themselves as they made their way to the cafeteria.

Does she hate us?
Is she afraid of us?
The boys thought, remembering how she flinched away from all of them.
•••

Shirabu walked back, accidentally bumping Yamagata's shoulder.

Yamagata reached out and held Shirabu in place.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I thought this might help than standing around." He casually said as he throws the small box at Yamagata.

First aid kit?

Yamagata looked up in surprise as Shirabu walked back to the closet.

"I'll go ahead. I'm taking a shower." Shirabu said as he grabbed hold of his towel and walked out.

Yamagata made his way over the others, carrying the first aid kit Shirabu gave.

He was trying to help... I don't know if I should be impressed or annoyed. What a dck. Yamagata sighed as he crouched down to Hideko's level, beside Goshiki.

Tendo grabbed the kit and opened it fast, spilling the contents on the floor.

"Stop making a mess Tendo. We have enough of that already." Ushijima said as he looked around their room with furrowed brows.

Those damn crows.

"I'm really sorry. I shouldn't-" Hideko was cut of when Tendo wrapped his arms around her, surprising everyone in the room.

"Chibi-chan! I'm sorry! It's all my fault!"

"No! Don't apologize Tendo-san. I-"

"You're the one who shouldn't be apologizing Hideko-chan. You were literally dragged here and to top it all of you're hurt." Semi said with his hands on his waist.

"We should be apologizing. We weren't much help, huh?" Kawanishi said as he rubs the back of his neck.

"May I?" Yamagata asked as he gestures towards her right arm.

Hideko hesitated for a moment but gave in under the gaze of the boys full of concern.

She pulled up her sleeve to show her red skin.

"I don't think it'll bruise. It doesn't really hurt that much." She mumbled as she refuses to acknowledge the stinging sensation at her arm.

Hinata didn't mean it. I shouldn't be upset. I was the one who jumped at him.
Hideko thought as she was suddenly pricked with guilt.

They wouldn't have been in here, making a mess if I wasn't in here. Hideko sighed feeling the guilt weigh her down.

"It'll bruise if we don't treat it right now. Hold still." Yamagata said as he opened a tube of ointment.

"This will help. Later, we'll get you an ice pack." Yamagata rubbed the ointment to her skin making her feel shy under their attention and care. Momentarily taking her focus away from Hinata and the rest of Karasuno.

The boys looked at Hideko, looking away from all of them and shaking in the slightest.

She must be really hurt. The boys thought concerned over her, mistaking her nervousness as pain.

"We should head over the cafeteria. Let's eat up and get you an ice pack." Semi said as he gave her a small grin.

"Unless you would rather eat somewhere else?" Reon asked, unsure whether it's best to have her near Karasuno at the moment.

"I'll eat with you." Goshiki and Kawanishi said at the same time.

"Thank you. All of you. Thank you." She mumbled with her head down.

Hideko stood up with the help of Tendo. She gave him a smile and laughed to herself.

Is she feeling better, already?

"I'm fine. Really. You've all done so much for me. It's only been a few days since we've known each other. I already owe you all so much!" Hideko joked as she giggles to herself.

"We didn't really do anything, Hideko-chan. If we did, you wouldn't be hurt right now." Reon said as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You all obviously did. You let me stay the night, regardless of how weird that was. And now you're all helping me." She grinned at them.

"But-"

"No, buts. I'll clean up later. Okay?" She playfully pushed Reon as she walked forward, leaving the boys confused.

"Chibi-chan, you're-"

"Tendo-san, if any of you keeps on mentioning that I wouldn't have been hurt if someone did something, I'll keep on thinking that none of this would have happened if I wasn't here..." Hideko said as she looks down on the floor, shadows covering her eyes.

"No! That's not-" Goshiki reached out towards her as she suddenly turned around to face them.

"So let's all just go have our breakfast. What a morning, am I right?"

The boys looked at the girl who's wearing a smile, brightening everything around them, engulfing them with warmth and peace.

As you wish.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 12.6K 51
Y/n wasn't excepting this to happen... Becoming one of the manager of the Karasuno's volleyball team and dealing with a past crush. her life really...
660K 30.3K 18
{RANKED #1 IN #HAIKYUU 13/05/18} {RANKED #1 IN #ANIMEFANFICTION 22/05/18} {RANKED #3 IN #XREADER 27/05/18 (out of over 33k stories what the actual...
100K 3.4K 30
COMPLETED - OLD ----- ʜɪɴᴀᴛᴀ ʜᴀʀᴇᴍ ----- ɪɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ᴋᴀʀᴀꜱᴜɴᴏ, ᴀᴏʙᴀ ᴊᴏʜꜱᴀɪ (ꜱᴇɪᴊᴏʜ), ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴇᴄʜ, ɪɴᴀʀɪᴢᴀᴋɪ, ꜱʜɪʀᴀᴛᴏʀɪᴢᴀᴡᴀ, ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴜᴋᴜʀᴏᴅᴀɴɪ ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟ ᴛᴏ...
52K 1.2K 19
#3. animexreader 07/30/21 (Y/N) (L/N) was just a regular teenager like any other, he behaved pretty well, and usually got good grades. He was usuall...