Painfully Ours

By Dreamy627

The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust... More

One. Woah
Two. Yeah Yeah
Three. Sisters
Four. Start
Six. Grateful
Seven. Hally
Eight. Both
Nine. No Words
Ten. Off
Eleven. Deja-vu
Twelve. Involved
Thirteen. Clingy
Fourteen. Nora
Fifteen. Weird
Sixteen. Club
Seventeen. Comply
Eighteen. Angst
Nineteen. Obey
Twenty. Friction
Twenty-One. Eat
Twenty-Two. Landed
Twenty-Three. Learning
Twenty-Four. Welcome
Twenty-Five. Prove
Twenty-Six. Issues
Twenty-Seven. Wait!
Twenty-Eight. Talk
Twenty-Nine. Night
Thirty. Bad
Thirty-One. Everything
Thirty-Two. Confront
Thirty-Three. Ready
Thirty-Four. Smoothies
Thirty-Five. Woah

Five. Talk

9.7K 297 27
By Dreamy627

*Lore Sokolov*

In Russian

"How much did you sell?"

"Mmmm maybe 15 keys?"

"I'm gonna send more then. 75% pure but you can have the people cut it if needed."

"The amount of OD's have been crazy." I shook my head analyzing the remaining stacks of Herion I held.

"Mmm yeah then cut it. I wanna keep people coming. How's the shop there?"

"Fine."

"Mmm. I heard about a girl?"

"Pa-"

"Is she Russian?"

"American. Obviously."

"Mmm what's the background?"

"German."

"That could work-"

"Nothings happened, father." I rolled my eyes.

"I want to meet her."

"Dad-"

"Bring her out when you come out to see me. Your mother wants to meet her."

"You don't speak English."

"That doesn't mean I can't figure it out. Bring her to me, son. Or I'll make sure your brother does."

"Fine. Bye." I hung up.

"He wants us to bring her when we go back home."

"Why?" Hale frowned.

"He just does. She does owe us. Maybe we can just bring her for a week during the month we're gone hm?"

"Let's talk to her first. But he'll find a way to see her. Even if he has to come here."

"We barely know her." I groaned.

"Someone told dad. We don't talk to women, we speak to one, he finds out." He shrugged.

"Yeah I guess."

-

English~

I listened closely as Hales phone rang.

One.

Two.

Third ring.

Answer.

"Hello?" She muttered, her voice echoed and quiet although she was on speaker.

"Nora, we wanted to ask if you'd join us for dinner tonight since you hadn't worked today and would like to discuss something with you." I said.

"Oh." She sniffled.

"That's fine. What time?" She muttered.

"Are you crying?" Hale asked.

"No i'm okay. What time and where?"

"Send us your address." I spoke.

"Uhm, I could just meet you. I don't exactly want to get anyone's attention here." She offered.

"Alright. Whatever you're comfortable with. How does the restaurant beside our shop sound? It's just casual."

"Okay." She muttered. "When?"

"In two hours?"

"Alright. Bye." She whispered before hanging up.

Hale just looked at me with slight concern in his expression.

"It's fine. Not our business." I stood, leaving the dining room to go to my room.

But I understood his concern. I wondered what troubled her all the same.

But once again, he'd be more to pry than I would.

-

We already ordered a drink for the both of us for this shit.

So far she was a bit late.

But texted she'd be here in 5 minutes.

She came inside, her cheeks red, eyes tired, hair in a bun.

"Sorry." She muttered.

She sat across from us.

The waitress came over.

"What can I get you, lovely?" She smiled to Nora.

"Peach tea." She nodded.

"Awesome." She turned and left.

She opened the menu and I saw the mascara and tear stains that dampened her sleeves.

"What's wrong?" I asked, not to push, just to test where we were with her.

"Sister problems." She chuckled, dabbing her sleeve to the outer corner of her eye.

"Pushy? Not to completely assume but to guess." I offered.

"Yeah. As kids when I had a crush she was the type to yell "oooo" or "awe" when I was right beside them. If she thinks I have interest in anyone she just jumps the gun and I hate it. It's so embarrassing." She looked up.

She laughed, trying to blink away the tears.

"I'm sorry." She shook her head.

"It's alright. Is it with us?" Hale tried.

"Yeah. She told my parents about how I'm gonna be with the two of you and all that. Which is whatever but when she jokes or pushes that I just don't know what to do. I asked if she could just relax and she pulled the whole "it's just a joke, damn" thing. Im just an adult who's with my parents and get teased like a teenager." She shook her head.

Hale handed her a napkin.

"I'm sorry." He said and she nodded.

"I appreciate that. I hope that's not all weird for you guys." She shook her head laughing softly.

"No. This... talk to you thing is actually similar to that in a different way." I sighed.

"Why?"

"Our father wants you to come with us to Russia in two months to meet him."

"Why?" She looked genuinely shocked.

"Some secret spy he has told him we interacted with a female and he thinks that that truly means something since we don't speak to women. At all. Ever." I snorted at how ridiculous that sounded.

She nodded.

"And it's either you come with us. Or he comes here and forces you to see him whether you'd want to or not. So... we figured the first way would be easiest."

"And I'd go as what?" She frowned.

"Our friend. He might feel some type of way since you're not Russian but he likes Germans even though I told him you were American but a German background and it's a whole thing." I said and Hale shook his head.

"Hm."

"We'd pay for everything. We're leaving for the entire month of June there, if you want you can come for a week. Or the whole month, but we won't push you. It's just... yeah." Hale seemed embarrassed of our father and I laughed.

"He doesn't speak on ounce of English so we'd translate. You have time. You don't have to say anything now-"

"I'd do it. I owe you one. I've always wanted to leave the US too." She shrugged.

"Get a break from my family." She smiled softly.

"Good. We really appreciate it. It's paid for already. We can give you the details after speaking with our father." Hale nodded.

"That's fine."

"Ready to order?" The waitress came back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 234K 96
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
The Tiger's Den By SRVILL

Mystery / Thriller

6.8K 93 23
Amarie is a girl, Who is younger, Much younger than her older brother's friend, Whom which was her stalker that always texted her. =================Β°...
3.4K 60 12
Maria, a seventeen year old British girl who just works at a small cafe while attending college early, was asked to go to a party with her roommate...
704K 58.7K 33
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...