๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜“๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ | Charles L...

By filthyferrari

Meeting the right person at the wrong time is a living hell that wasn't spoken about enough. Charles Leclerc... More

Portrayles
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41- The Finale
||Tributes|| <3
||Authors Note
Bonus Chapter||

Chapter 26

895 14 5
By filthyferrari

                                        ﹌﹌﹌

102,832 likes
charlesleclerc_fanpage: For anyone wondering why Lucinda was so hysterical tonight just bear this photo of them after qualifier in mind. Definitely in a relationship and you can't tell me otherwise.

View all 1034 comments

473,293 likes

TMZ: Singer Lucinda Stone reportedly broke down after Charles Leclerc crashes out at the Miami Grand Prix

View all 3942 comments

939,103 likes
F1: Charles Leclerc reportedly stable in hospital after crashing in the Miami Grand Prix

View all 6939 comments

The journey to the hospital was a blur. With permission I'd taken Leigh's hire car and made my way over there anticipating what I was going to walk into. By the time I'd gotten there the press hadn't been told which hospital he'd been taken to, so getting through all the security checks at reception to see him was relatively easy. Andrea and a few others was sat outside his door and greeted with me with a smile when they'd seen me approach. I took one last deep breath before opening the door and stepping inside.

The room was small but very bright, it had two chairs positioned near the bed that Charles was layed in. First thing I'd noticed was the amount of wires coming from him, he looked battered and bruised with his hair slightly matted with blood. His left arm was wrapped tightly indicating he'd either broken it or injured it pretty badly. When he saw me his eyes suddenly lit up "There she is" His voice was rough with emotion as he reached out a shaky hand towards me.

But I was completely frozen on the spot by his side. My eyes kept wandering over his beaten body, the blood unnerving me the most. I had to swallow the vomit in my throat back with force, I'd never seen someone so vulnerable. So hurt. And it made me physically sick that it was Charles that I was seeing in that state.

"You're shaking" Charles whispered, his unsteady hand had grabbed mine that was resting against the bed railing. As much as I was desperate for some sort of connection amidst the chaos that surrounded us, his touch made me shiver "I'm fine Luce"

"You're not fine you're covered in blood..I mean look at you Charles" I hadn't noticed I'd started crying again my attention was solemnly on Charles in front of me.

"Luce I need you to calm down"

I pulled back reluctantly as I began to frantically wipe my cheeks "Tell me how it happened"

Charles swallowed hard like he was remembering what had happened piece by piece and it was haunting him "The car just lost grip I had no control over it and all I saw was the wall before I flipped over it"

"Oh god" I quietly moaned out as I dropped my head down, a sob leaving my throat again.

"Don't cry baby" He whispered reaching out to me, this time managing to grasp my hand fully. His grip being surprisingly strong considering the state he was in "I'm going to be fine"

"You could've been killed Charles"

"But I wasn't" He spoke softly as he glanced down at our entwined hands "apart from my arm and a slight bump to the head I came away better then I should've"

"That's not the point Charles you shouldn't have been driving that car when you knew it didn't feel right yesterday. And they should've checked it harder" Not that I had began yelling but it was clear I was becoming frustrated as the level of my voice was increasing with each sentence I said. He dropped my hand, his gaze falling to the ceiling as he leant his head back against the pillow "I'm starting to wish you hadn't come here now" he murmured, softly rubbing his bruised face with exhaustion.

"I'm sorry.." My tears were falling harder now as I tried my best to cover my face to attempt composing myself in front of him "It's just..I can't lose you as well"

He sighed heavily, my heart couldn't help but ache at the sight of him like that "Luce" He whispered, his voice barely more then a horse croak "I'm not going anywhere" His lips had curved into a small smile, he reached out cupping my cheek with his palm. I nestled my face into his touch as he brought me down to kiss him. It was a light kiss. A lovers kiss. But it was enough to put my mind at rest.

He then sighed again "If it hadn't been for the halo it could've been worse"

"Why didn't you tell me about Jules?" My words came out in a whisper though it hadn't been my intention for it too.

"I thought you knew" He replied honestly, his voice also keeping quite a low volume "It's not that I don't like talking about him but it's moments like this where it's harder too"

I could only nod my head with understanding, I didn't want to force him to talk about Jules so instead I rested my hand against his forehead stroking it gently. I was still soaked head to toe from the rain and my dress was definitely ruined, I dreaded to think what I looked like in a mirror but that was far from any concerns I had.

"Are you in any pain?"

"Only when I move too much" He replied, wincing slightly as he shifted his position "They gave me something for it but it doesn't seem to be budging it"

"Just be patient and they'll work soon"

Charles turned his head towards me his expression slightly concerned "What are the press saying?" I let out a shaky breath knowing what I had seen hadn't been good. Everyone knew there was something going on between me and Charles, it didn't take a genius to figure it out anymore.

I could only shake my head in response "Everyone has practically figured it out"

"Shit..I'm sorry Luce"

"Don't be it was bound to come out at some point it's just shit it came out this way" I swallowed a lump that had been stuck in my throat since the minute I had arrived "But that's not even close to our priorities right now"

Charles nodded his head as he closed his eyes, every inch of him looked exhausted I knew he was itching for a little bit of sleep but he was soon disturbed when a doctor entered the room. He was clutching a clipboard when he looked at Charles, his expression completely poker "Mr Leclerc?"

"Is it bad?" Charles blurted out shakily, I felt him grip my hand beside me as I averted my eyes onto the man standing before us.

"I'll be straightforward, you're definitely not fit to be racing for awhile. I can't put a time frame on it as everyone's recovery time is different. But as far as injuries go you've got a fractured arm and a serious concussion"

"So what does that mean? I mean I understand his injuries but what happens from here?" I asked.

"Well the main concern we have is this concussion, you need to fully recover from that before we think about discharging you. You're looking at a few days in here"

"And what about my arm? Am I ever going to be able to race again?" Charles quizzed, the concern in his voice nearly set me off crying again, I gripped his hand trying to comfort him as much as possible.

"It's a pretty serious fracture that you're definitely going to need surgery for but I'm confident you'll make a full recovery and race again" he paused "but I must stress you won't be in the car for quite awhile" When the doctor had finished and left, the room was deathly silent. Charles hadn't torn his gaze from the ceiling since receiving the news about his arm, at that point I had began to dry off so I pulled up a chair beside his bed and sat down.

"Talk to me Charles..what are you thinking about?"

He let out a small sigh, anchoring his head to gaze at me "I'm sorry" He said as he gripped my hand "I just can't imagine not being in a car for however long. It's harder to process then you think"

The only thing that was keeping me sane in that moment was the imaginary circles I was drawing around the back of his hand with my finger "I know it must be hard..but just think you'll come back stronger then before and you definitely won't be out for the full season"

"Yeah I guess you're right"

"Come on close your eyes and sleep" I could tell he was struggling to keep his eyes open for a moment longer, so I stood up and pulled up his blanket higher across his body before bending down and kissing his forehead.

"You're staying right?"

"I'm not moving"

I'd sunk back into the chair beside him and watched him peacefully drift off into a much needed slumber. Leaving me with my own thoughts with the occasional beep from his heart machine beside my head. Updating Leigh was the next thing on my mind.

Me- Hey he's doing okay I'm staying with him tonight, are you okay how's things on the track?

Leigh- oh thank fuck for that, I'm okay things here was still a little intense but under control

Me- Okay well I'll text you tomorrow

Leigh- I love you stay safe

Me- I love you too

I turned off my phone to avoid anymore distractions and tried to focus on the moments of peace I'd finally been given. Charles was safe and asleep beside me and that's all that mattered. I decided to drop my head against the bed where his hand rested and close my eyes, even if I only got thirty minutes of sleep id have been happy. I felt Charles rest his hand against my cheek as he stirred in his sleep, it was comforting and just what I needed.

But I wasn't asleep long. And when I awoke I wasn't positioned where Id last remembered. I was tucked into a ball in the chair and Charles wasn't next to me.

For a few seconds as I tried to wake myself up I didn't move, I blinked several times just in case I was seeing things.

But I wasn't and Charles truly wasn't in the room anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 6.1K 34
closer, lewis hamilton i get a feelin' sometimes that i can't get close enough to you i feel it most in the nighttime even though that's when i'm cl...
968K 24.4K 51
Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover. ยฉmen_lover status: completed
73.2K 1.6K 9
ยซShe's a woman. She can't drive.ยป A story about a forbidden love between two Formula One drivers. ๐Ÿ - โ™ฏ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ - โ™ฏ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐š ๐Ÿ...
354K 8K 50
~ '๐‡๐ž ๐ฌ๐ž๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐ ๐š๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐ก๐ž๐ซ' ~ โYou know I'll w...