FINALLY FREE, grey's anatomy

By Boonannaxdd

Seattle, Washington. Ryan Joseph Grey lived there his whole life and when his and Meredith's mother had gott... More

Finally Free
⁴ˣ⁰¹. ⁿᵉʷ ᵇᵉᵍⁱⁿⁿⁱⁿᵍˢ
⁴ˣ⁰². ˡᵒᵛᵉ/ᵃᵈᵈⁱᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ
⁴ˣ⁰³. ˡᵉᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʳᵘᵗʰ ˢᵗⁱⁿᵍ
⁴ˣ⁰⁴. ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵃᵗᵗᵉʳ
⁴ˣ⁰⁵. ʰᵃᵘⁿᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸ ᵈᵃʸ
⁴ˣ⁰⁶. ᵏᵘⁿᵍ ᶠᵘ ᶠⁱᵍʰᵗⁱⁿᵍ
⁴ˣ⁰⁷. ᵖʰʸˢⁱᶜᵃˡ ᵃᵗᵗʳᵃᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ.... ᶜʰᵉᵐⁱᶜᵃˡ ʳᵉᵃᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ
⁴ˣ⁰⁸. ᶠᵒʳᵉᵛᵉʳ ʸᵒᵘⁿᵍ
⁴ˣ⁰⁹. ᶜʳᵃˢʰ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ᵐᵉ ᵖᵗ.¹ ᵒᶠ ²
⁴ˣ¹⁰. ᶜʳᵃˢʰ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ᵖᵗ.² ᵒᶠ ²
⁴ˣ¹¹. ˡᵃʸ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʰᵃⁿᵈˢ ᵒⁿ ᵐᵉ
⁴ˣ¹². ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʷⁱˡᵈ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ᵃʳᵉ
⁴ˣ¹³. ᵖⁱᵉᶜᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ
⁴ˣ¹⁴. ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵉᶜᵒᵐⁱⁿᵍ
⁴ˣ¹⁵. ˡᵒˢⁱⁿᵍ ᵐʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈ
⁴ˣ¹⁶. ᶠʳᵉᵉᵈᵒᵐ ᵖᵗ¹ ᵒᶠ ¹
⁴ˣ¹⁷. ᶠʳᵉᵉᵈᵒᵐ ᵖᵗ ² ᵒᶠ ²
⁵ˣ⁰¹. ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵃ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵒᶠ ᵐᵉ ᵖᵗ. ¹ ᵒᶠ ²
⁵ˣ⁰². ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵃ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵒᶠ ᵐᵉ ᵖᵗ.² ᵒᶠ ²
⁵ˣ⁰³. ʰᵉʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᵉˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠˡᵒᵒᵈ
⁵ˣ⁰⁴. ᵇʳᵃᵛᵉ ⁿᵉʷ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ
⁵ˣ⁰⁵. ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ'ˢ ⁿᵒ ⁱ ⁱⁿ ᵗᵉᵃᵐ
⁵ˣ⁰⁶. ˡⁱᶠᵉ ᵈᵘʳⁱⁿᵍ ʷᵃʳᵗⁱᵐᵉ
⁵ˣ⁰⁷. ʳⁱˢᵉ ᵘᵖ
⁵ˣ⁰⁸. ᵗʰᵉˢᵉ ᵗⁱᵉˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵇⁱⁿᵈ
⁵ˣ⁰⁹. ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐⁱᵈⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ ʰᵒᵘʳ
⁵ˣ¹⁰. ᵃˡˡ ᵇʸ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ
⁵ˣ¹¹. ʷⁱˢʰ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ʰᵉʳᵉ
⁵ˣ¹². ˢʸᵐᵖᵃᵗʰʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰʳ ᵈᵉᵛⁱˡ
⁵ˣ¹⁴. ᵇᵉᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ ᵒᵘᵗ
⁵ˣ¹⁵. ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳ
⁵ˣ¹⁶. ᵃⁿ ʰᵒⁿᵉˢᵗ ᵐⁱˢᵗᵃᵏᵉ
⁵ˣ¹⁷. ⁱ ʷⁱˡˡ ᶠᵒˡˡᵒʷ ʸᵒᵘ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵃʳᵏ
⁵ˣ¹⁸. ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈ ᵇʸ ᵐᵉ
⁵ˣ¹⁹. ᵉˡᵉᵛᵃᵗᵒʳ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ˡᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ
⁵ˣ²⁰. ˢʷᵉᵉᵗ ˢᵘʳʳᵉⁿᵈᵉʳ
⁵ˣ²¹. ⁿᵒ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵃᵗ ˢᵃʸⁱⁿᵍ ˢᵒʳʳʸ ⁽ᵒⁿᵉ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᶜʰᵃⁿᶜᵉ⁾
⁵ˣ²². ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵃ ᵈⁱᶠᶠᵉʳᵉⁿᶜᵉ ᵃ ᵈᵃʸ ᵐᵃᵏᵉˢ
⁵ˣ²⁴. ⁿᵒʷ ᵒʳ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ
⁶ˣ⁰¹. ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵐᵒʳⁿⁱⁿᵍ
⁶ˣ⁰². ᵍᵒᵒᵈᵇʸᵉ
⁶ˣ⁰³. ⁽ⁱ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ˡⁱᵏᵉ⁾ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵇᵒᵈʸ'ˢ ʷᵃᵗᶜʰⁱⁿ' ᵐᵉ
⁶ˣ⁰⁴. ᵗᵃⁱⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᵒᵇˡⁱᵍᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ
⁶ˣ⁰⁵. ⁱⁿᵛᵃˢⁱᵒⁿ
⁶ˣ⁰⁶. ⁱ ˢᵃʷ ʷʰᵃᵗ ⁱ ˢᵃʷ
⁶ˣ⁰⁷. ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ᵖᵉᵃᶜᵉ ᵃ ᶜʰᵃⁿᶜᵉ
⁶ˣ⁰⁸. ⁱⁿᵛᵉˢᵗ ⁱⁿ ˡᵒᵛᵉ
⁶ˣ⁰⁹. ⁿᵉʷ ʰⁱˢᵗᵒʳʸ
⁶ˣ¹⁰. ʰᵒˡⁱᵈᵃᶻᵉ
⁶ˣ¹¹. ᵇˡⁱⁿᵏ
⁶ˣ¹². ⁱ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ⁱᵗ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ⁿᵃᵏᵉᵈ
⁶ˣ¹³. ˢᵗᵃᵗᵉ ᵒᶠ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʳᵘˢᵗ
⁶ˣ¹⁴. ᵛᵃˡᵉⁿᵗⁱⁿᵉ'ˢ ᵈᵃʸ ᵐᵃˢˢᵃᶜʳᵉ
⁶ˣ¹⁶. ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵃᶜᶜⁱᵈᵉⁿᵗ
⁶ˣ¹⁷. ᵖᵘˢʰ
⁶ˣ¹⁹. ˢʸᵐᵖᵃᵗʰʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵃʳᵉⁿᵗˢ
⁶ˣ²⁰. ʰᵒᵒᵏ, ˡⁱⁿᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ˢⁱⁿⁿᵉʳ
⁶ˣ²¹. ʰᵒʷ ⁱⁿˢᵉⁿˢⁱᵗⁱᵛᵉ
⁶ˣ²². ˢʰⁱⁿʸ ʰᵃᵖᵖʸ ᵖᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ
⁶ˣ²³. ˢᵃⁿᶜᵗᵘᵃʳʸ ˣ ⁶ˣ²⁴. ᵈᵉᵃᵗʰ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃˡˡ ʰⁱˢ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ
⁷ˣ⁰¹. ʷⁱᵗʰ ʸᵒᵘ ⁱ'ᵐ ᵇᵒʳⁿ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ
⁷ˣ⁰². ˢʰᵒᶜᵏ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʸˢᵗᵉᵐ
⁷ˣ⁰³. ˢᵘᵖᵉʳᶠʳᵉᵃᵏ
⁷ˣ⁰⁴. ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᶠⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵇⁱᵒˡᵒᵍʸ
⁷ˣ⁰⁷. ᵗʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ᵐᵉ ᵗʳʸⁱⁿᵍ
⁷ˣ⁰⁸. ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ'ˢ ᵍᵒᵗᵗᵃ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ
⁷ˣ⁰⁹. ˢˡᵒʷ ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ, ˢᵒ ˡᵒⁿᵍ
⁷ˣ¹¹. ᵈⁱˢᵃʳᵐ
⁷ˣ¹². ˢᵗᵃʳᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵘᵖ
⁷ˣ¹³. ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵈᵉᶜᵉⁱᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ⁽ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵍᵒ⁾
⁷ˣ¹⁴. ᵖ.ʸ.ᵗ ⁽ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ ʸᵒᵘⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ⁾
⁷ˣ¹⁷. ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ʰᵒʷ ʷᵉ ᵈᵒ ⁱᵗ
⁷ˣ¹⁸. ˢᵒⁿᵍ ᵇᵉⁿᵉᵃᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵒⁿᵍ
⁷ˣ¹⁹. ⁱᵗˢ ᵃ ˡᵒⁿᵍ ʷᵃʸ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ
⁷ˣ²⁰. ʷʰⁱᵗᵉ ʷᵉᵈᵈⁱⁿᵍ
⁷ˣ²¹. ⁱ ʷⁱˡˡ ˢᵘʳᵛⁱᵛᵉ
ᵃᵈᵈⁱᵗⁱᵒⁿᵃˡ ᶜʰᵃʳᵃᶜᵗᵉʳˢ
⁸ˣ⁰¹. ᶠʳᵉᵉ ᶠᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ
⁸ˣ⁰². ˢʰᵉ'ˢ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ
⁸ˣ⁰⁴. ʷʰᵃᵗ ⁱˢ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵐᵉⁿ
⁸ˣ⁰⁵. ˡᵒˢˢ, ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ˡᵉᵍᵃᶜʸ
⁸ˣ⁰⁶. ᵖᵒᵏᵉʳ ᶠᵃᶜᵉ
⁸ˣ⁰⁷. ᵖᵘᵗ ᵐᵉ ⁱⁿ, ᶜᵒᵃᶜʰ
⁸ˣ⁰⁸. ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ⁻ˢʰᵃᵖᵉᵈ ᵇᵒˣ
⁸ˣ⁰⁹.ᵈᵃʳᵏ ʷᵃˢ ᵗʰᵉ ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ
⁸ˣ¹⁰. ˢᵘᵈᵈᵉⁿˡʸ
⁸ˣ¹¹. ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵐᵃᵍⁱᶜ ᵐᵒᵐᵉⁿᵗ

⁷ˣ²². ᵘⁿᵃᶜᶜᵒᵐᵖᵃⁱⁿᵉᵈ ᵐⁱⁿᵒʳ

562 28 2
By Boonannaxdd

season seven, episode twenty-two

Ryan stood near to Alex Karev, both of them jotting down on their patient's charts, "So, they're probably going to fire me, are you happy?" That questions gained a lot of attention especially Ryan who furrowed his eyebrows, "Come on, they're not gonna-"

"I want your crap out of my house by the end of the day." Meredith said to her supposed to be friend, walking away as Ryan looked at the Karev male, "What did you do?"

Their pagers all went off, as Ryan tried following after his sister, "Meredith, Meredith, what happened?" He asked when she stopped when seeing Owen Hunt standing next to Chief Webber on the stairs, "A 757 went down in the Sound. We're looking at about two hundred injured passengers."

Ryan looked at the Chief, "We're the designated crisis centre. Families will be instructed to come here to find their loved ones. We are activating Surge Protocol." Ryan furrowed his eyebrows, "Dr Hunt is gonna be running the show. It's gonna be chaotic."

He didn't make eye contact to where Lucy was, "You need to listen carefully, you need to stay focused, do not contribute to the panic." The Cheif told them, "Get to your stations."

The residents all walked behind Owen Hunt, "Dr Bailey, clear any beds that we can. Discharge or transfer." The women nods her head when looking at Meredith, "Ok. Uh, Grey." She said taking Meredith with her.

"All right, Torres, you'll be with me. Kepner, set up the ER for triage." Dr Hunt ordered, "Little Grey, I want you running the family centre." Lexie nods her head as Ryan then looked at Dr Hunt, "Male Grey, you can help Dr Kepner, you too, Dr Ritchie." Callum nods his head.

Ryan nods his head at Dr Hunt's order, "We might need a candy man." April said to the redhead male, "Dr Sloan will be our candy man." The Plastics male nods his head, "Let's be liberal with pain meds for our victims and sedatives for patients that were moving."

"Let's move, people!"

Ryan went to where Cristina was speaking to her husband, "Owen." The redhead male sighed, when seeing Ryan coming towards them, "Grey, go and help Kepner."

"After you tell me what happened with Meredith," and when Ryan didn't move from his space, Owen sighed, "She tampered with Shepherd's study, invalidated the results." He told them both, "She destroyed the whole thing."

Ryan shook his head, "No, Meredith, wouldn't-she wouldn't do that." He said when he saw Owen's face, turning his head looking at his sister's person seeing Cristina in a state of shock, "Oh, god, Mer."

Mark then looked at his friend seeing Callum alongside where Ryan and April were working.

____

Ryan approached the Karev male who was throwing condoms into a bed pan, "Why'd you do it, Alex?" He asked the Karev male, "You know, she's probably the only one who ever gave a rat's ass about you other than Caitlin. And now you might have destroyed her career." Ryan told the Karev male, angry at him.

"And the only reason I'm not fighting you, right now, is because I don't want to miss a surgery, if someone comes in," He admitted to the Karev male walking away from him.

Seeing his best friend playing Angry Birds on his phone, "Still nobody? The families are going crazy." Lexie admitted, when coming into the ER, "What is taking so long?"

Mark didn't look up from his phone, "Fishing two hundred people out of the water is slow business." He looked up when he lost, "You want to play Angry Birds?"

Ryan shook his head as he stood in an trauma gown, "They'll do triage at the waterfront. Takes time." Ryan hoped that people survived the plane crash, "Actually, with it taking this long, there's gonna be a lot of hypothermia."

"Grey! Kepner! Ritchie!"

The three residents looked at the Trauma surgeon, "Yeah, warm blankets, heated lamps and heated IV fluids," The three split off grabbing what they needed.

Ryan nervously waited, "Uh, maybe we should put some IV fluids in the heater? Warm them up?" April asked her superior, "No."

Callum sighed, "But if people have been in the water for that long, they'll be-" He started to say as Ryan frowned, realising that nobody was coming, "Callum," He started to say to his friend, "No one's coming." Mark then admitted, sighing, "If it's taking this long, nobody survived." Ryan sighed, looking away from where his friends was.

____

"Emergency services had begun identifying the bodies." Webber talked to them in the ER, "They've given us a list, the airline Reps are ok their way. We've got social workers here and more coming. It's a long list, each of you have families to inform."

As Bailey handed Ryan his list, the Grey male looked down at the piece of paper with a load of people's names on, "So, huh, be outside the cafeteria in exactly one hour." Andrew Perkins, the trauma counsellor told them, "You'll call each family at a time, and you'll be assigned a room to take them to deliver the news. It's gonna be a long day." Andrew Perkins told them.

"That's it." The crowd began to go smaller and smaller, where Ryan saw Owen approach the ER's bulletin board, pining at paper sheet to it.

CHIEF RESIDENT
April Kepner, M.D

Ryan looked at where April Kepner stood with a shocked expression on her face as him and Callum turned to look at the shorter redhead, "Uh, congrats, Apes." Ryan told the redhead, "You'll make a good Chief Resident." He reassured her with a kind smile, before walking away.

____

"Ok. All right, let's do it."

The surgeons walked into the cafeteria where the plane passenger's families were all inside, Ryan letting out a breath when seeing the amount of people in the room, "They think it's good news." April said, when leaning close to where Callum and Ryan were.

"This is a nightmare." Lexie stated as Ryan looked at where his baby mama was standing next to her best friend, inhaling a bit.

Andrew Perkins turned his head, looking back at the surgeons where no one stepped forwards until Ryan did, looking around at the families before looking down at his sheet of paper again.

____

Ryan was going through Zola's charts with Janet who spoke with him as Ryan looked at the caregiver, "My sister, she loves so deeply, I remember when I was uh, around my teen age, she would, she would teach me things like how to ride a bike, because our mother was too concentrated on surgery and not her kids, that I remember falling, and scrapping my knee, and Meredith, she uh, she bandaged me up," Janet smiled at Ryan's words, "What I'm trying to say is that she'll be an amazing mother to Zola." He admitted to the surgeon.

"Ryan," His sister entered the room, "What's going on? What happened?" Ryan shook his head, "Nothing's wrong, I was just going over Zola and how well she's been doing," Janet nods her head when looking to the older Grey sibling, "We're granting you temporary custody of Zola."

Janet admitted with a smile, "Pending the completion of the petition, at which point, assuming all goes well, you'll be granted permanent custody." Ryan half smiled at the words leaving Janet's mouth, looking to his sister who looked shocked and surprised, "And her doctor here says she's doing great. So you can take her home."

Ryan cleared his throat, "Her incisions look fine. She's tolerating a normal diet. She'll need neuro follow-ups. She's still on antibiotics." Ryan said, when looking down at the chart, before standing up, "Here's a prescription for any pain meds she might need, but she's been fine the last couple of days." Ryan said, handing her the sheet of paper, "Do you have any questions about anything?"

"Mer?"

Ryan looked at his sister when seeing her just staring at him, "Any questions?" And when the blonde shook her head, Ryan half smiled, walking out of the room.

____

Callum clicked his pen when coming into the room that April was currently inside of, "Chief friggin' resident. Unbelievable." He stated, with a charming smile stepping into the room.

"I'm sorry," April said to the Ritchie male, "What? Don't be. You deserve it, Apes." He said, sitting down in the chair next to her, with a smile, "I'm happy,"

April let out a sigh, "It's been such a crappy year. I can't believe we're both happy." Callum looked at April's side profile as the redhead smiled, when his eyes moved away when April looked at him, "I can't believe they like me enough to make me chief resident. They hated me for so long, I can't believe I actually have friends here."

"Hey." Callum placed his hand over April's hand, "Even if they didn't like you, you'd still me, Ryan, Cait and Jacks," April nods her head at Callum's words.

He then chuckled, "Well, they're going to hate you again, because it's now your job to boss them around." He said, typing up his patient's chart into the computer seeing April's smile fall, "You know how much they love that."

"Oh, god. Is that true?"

And when Callum turns his head, nodding, April makes a face, "That's true!" She said as Callum pats her hand, with a teasing smile.

____

"Hi baby."

Ryan picked up Rilynn from the crib when seeing Rilynn wide awake in her crib just babbling, as Caitlin was making dinner in the kitchen, "Ryan, is she-" She stopped panicking when seeing Ryan holding their daughter.

His hand ran over his daughter's chubby little cheeks, "You're so adorable." He mumbled as his head was against his daughter's cheek who babbled again, her small hand grabbing ahold of her father's face.

A knock on his apartment door was heard, as Ryan furrowed his eyebrows, "Is April and Callum coming around?" And when Caitlin shook her head, Ryan furrowed his eyebrows, slowly opening his apartment door when seeing Lucy Fields standing in front of his door.

"Wait, Ryan!"

She put her hand onto his apartment door, "God, Lucy, don't you get it, I don't want you here." He said to her, when Caitlin came and took Rilynn from his arms, "Cait,"

The redhead shook her head taking their daughter away from Ryan who faced whatever Lucy was to him, "I liked you, ok. I actually liked you, and you just-"

"Tell me not to go to Africa."

Lucy said when looking into his blue eyes, "Ryan." The Grey male looked back at her, shaking his head, "Just-go away, Lucy, please." He said as the blonde watched Ryan close the door in her face.

He let out a sigh, coming back the kitchen when seeing Rilynn in a high chair as the apartment door opened and came in April and Callum who smiled at the co-parents, "Hi, we bought beer-" April looked at the baby, "And a teddy for Rilynn!"

The said baby babbled when hearing her name, as April came towards her, wiggling thr teddy bear in her hands as Callum watched the redhead with a dazed smile.

"Dude." Ryan's hand went onto his friend's shoulder, "Just tell her." Callum cleared his throat, shaking his head, "No, I-I-I can't." He admitted, not wanting to ruin his and April's friendship.

Rilynn babbled as April wiggled the teddy bear in front of her as she reached out, with Ryan smiling at his daughter's attempt to grab the teddy bear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.6K 1.6K 21
"Oh, mirror in the sky What is love?" ⎯ grey's anatomy fic ⎯ season one - ongoing ⎯ oc x alex karev
12.1K 254 63
Greys anatomy reimagined as if Alex forgave her in 6x12 and she stayed. Written episode to episode. Leave requests for storylines in comments and I m...
195K 4.4K 72
Derek Hale x OC Season 1-4 ©️ derekhalekolmlover
1.5K 48 7
ㅤㅤ✧ ⋆ ࣪. ゚₊ 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏, 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌, 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏 when...