ɪɴꜱᴀᴛɪᴀʙʟᴇ ʜᴜɴɢᴇʀ || (𝑰𝑰𝑫�...

By Jooglemonoro

Onikubo Ourei is an unusual girl, no matter how much she eats, she never seems to be full, even more unusual... More

Pre-information
- ᴡʜʏ ɪ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ -
- ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴛʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴇxᴀᴍ -
- ᴍʏ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴅᴀʏ -
- ᴀ ʜᴜɢᴇ ᴛᴇꜱᴛ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ? -
- ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ -
- ᴀ ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴀʀ ᴅᴀʏ -
- ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪᴀʟ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇꜱ! -
- ᴇɢᴏ: ʙᴏᴏꜱᴛ -
- ᴄʟᴀꜱꜱ ᴘʀᴇꜱɪᴅᴇɴᴛ -
- ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪᴀʟ ᴏꜰ ʀᴇꜱᴄᴜᴇ -
- ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴘᴏʀᴛꜱ ꜰᴇꜱᴛɪᴠᴀʟ -
- ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴛɪᴍᴇ... -
- ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪɴᴀʟ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ -
- ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ! -
- ᴀɴ ᴜᴘꜱᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʜᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ -
- Let me know? -
- ʜᴍᴍᴍᴍᴍᴍᴍᴍᴍᴍ -
- ʜᴇʀᴏ ɴᴀᴍᴇꜱ -
- ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴇᴅɢᴇꜱʜᴏᴛ -
- ʜᴏꜱᴜ! -
- ᴀɴ ᴇᴠɪʟ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ -
- ᴅᴏɴᴇ -
- ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ!-
- ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɢᴜᴇꜱᴛꜱ -
- ɪɴꜱɪɢɴɪꜰɪᴄᴀɴᴛ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍꜱ -
-ᴀ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ʙʟᴏɴᴅᴇ ɢᴜʏ -
- ᴀ ᴘʜᴏᴛᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴇᴅɢᴇꜱʜᴏᴛ -
- ꜱʜᴏᴘᴘɪɴɢ! -
- ᴀʟʟ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ -
- ꜱᴀʏ ꜱᴏʀʀʏ -
- ʙᴇɢɪɴ -
- ꜰɪɴᴀʟʟʏ...-
- ᴋᴏᴛᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪᴅᴏʀɪʏᴀ -
- ꜱʜᴀᴍᴇ -
- ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏᴡ? -
- ɴᴀʜɴᴀʜɴᴀʜɴᴀʜ -
- ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ? -
Short break
- ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴄᴏɴꜰᴜꜱɪɴɢ -

-ᴀ ꜱʜᴏʀᴛ ʜᴏꜱᴘɪᴛᴀʟ ᴛʀɪᴘ-

87 5 0
By Jooglemonoro

At Hosu general hospital, the same day (nighttime).

"Ugh!" I flinch as the nurse unwraps the makeshift bandage Edgeshot-sensei put on me earlier. "I'm sorry, did that hurt?" She looks at me with a sweet expression.

I shake my head frantically. "Ah! N-no! I'm fine!" I assure her hurriedly.

I look around the room at Midoriya, Iida and Todoroki who were also having their injuries taken care of.

Edgeshot-sensei had to leave already. I assume he's going to a meeting or something to discuss what happened today.

----------------------------------------------

The next morning

I take a small sip of water, trying not to spill it. I lay on the hospital bed.

"Onikubo, thank you for saving me earlier! When that Nomu took up into the sky." Midoriya smiles at me from his bed, directly opposite mine. 

I smile back. "No need to thank me..." I say. "The hero killer would've saved you even if I didn't... seemed like he liked you for some reason..."

Todoroki nods. "Yeah.."

I place my water down on the table next to my bed and lift the blanket off of me.

"You know, that was pretty impressive now that I can actually think about it calmy," Midoriya speaks up.

I smile. "Yeah!"

.........

"After being shown an end like that, I've come to believe it's a miracle we're still alive." Midoriya says.

I nod.

"Looking at our injuries, I think if he wanted to kill us, he could've." He continues.

"Yeah, he let us live for sure..." I say.

"You're amazing to have been able to face him with all that murderous intent directed at you."* Todoroki says, looking to Iida. 

*My original translation for this was "Dude, you were able to face him even with all that bloodlust directed at you, pretty kickass." 
Is that right??? 

"Uh huh! You were pretty cool Iida!" I agree. "I couldn't even move or dodge him, I was too scared."

"N-no... I'm--" Iida murmurs.

Todoroki turns to me.

"Onikubo, thanks for taking that hit for me..." Todoroki says. He was referring to the moment I pushed him out of the way. 

I smile widely. "No problem!"

"No, you're also incredible to have been able to act in that moment."* He says.

*Originally, I was gonna have him say: "I was supposed to be rescuing but I had to be rescued myself, shit, my bad." I thought that was the translation, I feel like I remember him saying that.
Am I tweaking???
So I checked the anime but they didn't even include that line soooooo

"Ohhh, are you wounded kids all awake?" A familiar old man with a yellow cape entered the room, followed by...

"Edgeshot-sensei!!" I say cheerfully.

"Gran Torino!"

"Mr. Manual...!" The "Normal hero" Iida went with entered the room last.

Edgeshot-sensei suddenly appears by my bed. "How is your injury?"
I smile. "It doesn't hurt!" I say.

He nods. "That's good." He looks at the water cup on the table next to my bed. "Drink some water." He lifts the cup up for me to grab. I take it from him and take a sip.

"---You have a visitor." I look to the door. 

"The chief of the Hosu police force, Mr. Tsuragamae Kenji." Gran Torino introduces him.

At the door stood a tall man with the head of a dog.

I quickly place my water cup down and rush to get out of bed.

"Stay in bed, Onikubo-san." Edgeshot-sensei says. "You aren't fully healed yet."

"Yup, don't worry, you all may stay seated, I know you've had it quite ruff!" Mr. Tsuragamae says.

I am NOT writing all of that... I'll summarise it just incase u don't remember: He basically says, those who aren't qualified (Midoriya, Iida, Todoroki and whatever) can't use their quirks in such a way even if they were fighting stain. So since they weren't professionals, what they did is illegal. He says that the four of them must be punished impartially due to this.

"Hold on, sir, if Iida hadn't stepped in Mr. Native would've died and if Midoriya and Onikubo didn't arrive then both would've died!" Todoroki interrupts.

"T-todoroki!" Midoriya attempts to stop Todoroki from continuing.

"So are you saying we should've followed the rules and let everyone die?" Todoroki shouts.

I nod along with his words. I agree... kinda.

"Saving people is what heroes do! It's their job!"

"Good grief... this is why they call you 'eggs'" Mr. Tsuragamae shakes his head.

"You--" Todoroki begins to yell.

"Stop! He has a point!" Iida says to Todoroki.

Nah I'm not writing that again... This guy talks too much. Basically what he says is he can "Bury your violation like a bone in the backyard" If nobody ever knows of their involvement with the whole incident. (He doesn't wanna punish them so as long as the other heroes take the credit, they won't get punished)

"At any rate, we need to take responsibility for  our negligence as supervisors." The normal hero sighs.

"I'm so sorry sir!" Iida bows down at a 90 degree angle to his "supervisor". Midoriya and Todoroki bow down as well.

I turn to Edgeshot-sensei. "Edgeshot-sensei! I'm so sorry, I won't rush off like that again!" I bow down to him slightly, still in bed.
I feel a hand press down on my head. "At least you know what you did wrong." I look back up to see the corners of his eyes slightly raised.

"Through the cheats of the grown-ups, the calls of praise you should have received are no more.." I turn to Mr. Tsuragamae.

"But at the very least, I, as a fellow human give you my thanks!" Mr. Tsuragamae says, bowing down.

"I'm gonna go out for a call!" Midoriya says loudly.

"Okay!" I say back.

He shuts the door, leaving Iida, Todoroki and I together.

"Onikubo." I turn to Iida's voice. 

"Huh? Uh... yes?" I answer. 

Why is he calling me Onikubo?

"You seem very close with sir Edgeshot." He says, smiling.

I nod quickly. "Yeah! Edgeshot-sensei's the best!" I say cheerfully.

"What did he teach you?" Todoroki asks.

"Oh, he taught me a lot... How to be more stealthy, how to dodge attacks easier, how to stay calm.... We did a lot of physical training as well, Oh! And he---" I begin to list off the various things I learnt while training under Edgeshot-sensei.

"Hm, seems like Sir. Edgeshot is a good teacher!" Iida says.

"Ah! He showed me how he does his substitution Jutsu!" I say excitedly. 

"Substitution jutsu?" Todoroki asks.

"Yeah! Let me show you." I get out of bed, carefully limping on my other foot and holding the table next to my bed.

"Uh, Is it okay to use your quirk here?" Iida says.

"I don't think so." Todoroki replies.

"I'll be fast!" I begin to search the room for an object I could trade places with.
I lock my eyes onto a thick book. I reach to retrieve it.

"Tenya Iida?" The door opens suddenly, making me flinch and drop the heavy object.

"Y-yes! That would be me." Iida responds, standing up.

"Come with me please." The nurse leads Iida out of the room.

As soon as the door closes, I pick the book up and lay it on the table, laying back into bed.

"Are you gonna show me?" Todoroki asks.

I shake my head, clutching my heart. "No... I don't think my current state can even handle it right now.." I look at my leg.

A short silence ensues.

"So..." I say, looking for something to talk about.

"Ah, how did your whole thing with Endeavour go?" I ask.

"....Fine." He answers shortly.

I guess we aren't that close yet.

Seriously, even after all that???

"Oh... I see!" I laugh nervously.

All of a sudden, a loud rumbling noise emerges from my stomach.

I turn red, hoping that Todoroki didn't hear.

"Ah.. Um...." I clear my throat loudly.

"Are you hungry?" Todoroki asks.

I shake my head furiously.

"N-NO!" I yell. "I-I mean..."

I hurry to explain myself.

"So what I mean is!" I pause before sighing loudly.

"Ha......" I shake my head, looking down at my sheets. 

Why should I have to explain myself to this guy?

"Nevermind!" I say with a slight hint of anger, not looking up at him.

I pick up my phone and begin scrolling through my messages. I didn't have many contacts before, that made sense since there was no need because I didn't have any friends. My number list previously consisted of my mom and........

I shake my head, let's not think about them right now....

I scroll through the new numbers I got when I came to U.A. Ochako, Iida, Tokoyami, Mina, Momo, Jirou, Aoyama, Toru, Tsuyu, Midoriya and of course, Edgeshot-sensei! My eyes twinkle and my lips curve into a smile as I review each contact carefully.

"Hehe..."* I add photos to their profile pictures that remind me of them.

*I was gonna go "Heh..." But it made me cringe for some reason so I went with thiss.

I still haven't gotten everyone's numbers yet. I look up at Todoroki slightly before instantly averting my eyes.

I won't ask that guy for his number.

Suddenly the door opens, Iida enters with a slightly gloomy expression plastered across his face.

"Iida!" I say loudly, putting my phone down, I was just about to give him a cute profile picture.

"What happened?" I ask, as Iida walks over to his bed.

"Ah..." He looks up at me.

He goes on to explain to Todoroki and I that the doctors told him his left hand will have residual issues from this incident.

I gasp and cover my mouth. 

"Oh no...." I mumble as he explains.

"......"

He then explains how he could potentially have it healed through surgery but is choosing not to.

"Until I can become a hero, I think I'll leave my hand like this."

A silence ensues.

Suddenly, the door opens. Midoriya enters with a happy look on his face.

"M-midoriya..." I stutter, hand still covering my mouth.

"Huh?" He says, walking back to his bed using the assistance of his crutch.

"Iida... The results of his physical exam just came in."

Iida goes on to explain to Midoriya exactly what he just explained to us.

"Iida.. I'm the same as you." Midoriya says after a while.

"Let's become stronger together." Midoriya holds his fist out to Iida.

I smile widely at his gesture. 

"I'm... uh... I'm sorry..." Todoroki suddenly speaks up.

"Huh, why?" Midoriya asks. 

"Now.. Whenever I'm involved, people's hands go bad... " He says, staring at his hands.

"Is this.. some curse?" He mumbles.

I look at Midoriya and Iida who had dumbfounded looks.

"Pfft!" I try to hold in my laughter, not being able to contain myself once Midoriya and Iida start laughing as well.

"Haha!" I laugh. 

"I guess even Todoroki can crack a joke every now and then!" Midoriya says.

"No, I'm not joking, I'm like the... hand... crusher! Or something..."

Sorry for this chapter guys, it's reallyyy bad I had no idea what to do for this one! I might dive more into her backstory soon? Or would you prefer more about Iidaa????? Or more about her making friends????

I'm not sure about anything yet, I'm freestyling as I go.

Thanks for your patience  (≧∀≦)ゞ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 175K 62
F! Reader Insert ; No quirk, but she still wanted to be a hero. 100 daily push-ups, sit-ups, and squats, plus 10 km of running for just about 2 years...
2.2M 103K 104
❝ honestly, i thought i would be dead by now. ❞ (l/n) (y/n) is a contradiction. she's strong, yet stoical. powerful, yet subtle. insistent, yet quiet...
61.6K 1.6K 113
Christina, a shy, sweet young girl, can win the hearts of anyone around her. Though something seems off about her.
9.7K 723 11
My name is Tara, I was born with a quirk, that isn't all that interesting, nothing about me is all that interesting. I feel invisible most of the tim...