Claimed

By EmeraldScorpion358

** WARNING [18+] ** Born into a breeding scheme orchestrated by a society on the brink of collapse, K'lani is... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Six

18 5 0
By EmeraldScorpion358

Sunlight filtered through the blinds, painting my eyelids with golden hues. With a groan, I roused myself from sleep, shaking off the remnants of slumber.

As consciousness seeped in, tender lips brushed against my bare shoulder, sending a jolt of fear through me.

Gasping, I snapped my eyes open to find Zeph's concerned gaze fixed on me.

"Easy there, K'lani," his voice was a soothing whisper as he held me close, calming my racing heart and shallow breaths. "Deep breaths, sweetheart. Just breathe."

I relaxed into his embrace, relief flooding over me as I realized it was him.

Meeting his eyes, I noticed how he had positioned us so he loomed protectively beside me.

"I forgot you were here," I admitted shakily.

Zeph's chuckle held a mixture of concern and amusement. "You were deeply asleep; it's understandable. Are you feeling better now?"

I nodded slowly. "Yes, thank you."

"Good."

He nuzzled into my neck, his heartbeat echoing against my back as a tangible reassurance amidst my lingering unease.

"Do you know what time it is?" I asked softly, twirling the edge of my blanket while reveling in his comforting presence.

"Sometime in the morning," he replied simply.

As thoughts of our impending departure crept in, uncertainty clouded my mind. How would Jeremah react to our bond? Would he resist despite the undeniable proof?

A seed of dubiety sprouted in my mind, whispering that perhaps Zeph had orchestrated this entire situation to deceive me. What if I was merely a pawn in his game, destined to be abandoned while he reveled in his cunning victory, walking away from the village with a smirk playing on his lips?

"K'lani," Zeph's voice sliced through the charged atmosphere, a warning laced with an undercurrent of intensity.

My heart raced in response, caught off guard by the sudden shift in his tone.

"What?" I managed to squeak out, feeling as though he could somehow delve into my innermost thoughts.

"I may not hear your thoughts," he clarified, his voice low and steady. Turning within the circle of his arms, I shot him an exasperated look. "But I can feel your emotions through the bond we share. Like an invisible thread connecting us, allowing me to sense your every feeling and understand your unspoken words."

"Really? You can?" I raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

My skepticism lingered in the air between us. How could a mere bond reveal my deepest musings based solely on my emotional state?

"Yes," Zeph affirmed with a hint of hurt creeping into his expression. In one swift motion, he rose from where we sat, withdrawing his arm from beneath me before slamming it against the wall beside my bed. "You are questioning whether I meticulously crafted this entire scheme solely to deceive you."

"How can you feel that?"

His expression soured as I confirmed his suspicions.

"My wolf senses are finely tuned to decipher body language, and the mate bond whispered your worries to us. No words were necessary for me to grasp their meaning."

I observed him cautiously, noting the depth of his distress at my thoughts.

"Why is it that I cannot sense it?"

He snarled, perturbed. "You can. And you're doing so right at this moment," he barked.

"Oh. I wasn't even aware," I fell silent.

He rubbed the bridge of his nose and released a primal growl. "It's fine. I apologize for my outburst. I am forgetting that you're not accustomed to my world, and I realize now that I must exercise more patience."

"Well," I began, sitting upright. "It doesn't help that we only met yesterday. We have much to learn about each other since we are essentially strangers at this point."

His lips contorted in a mix of disdain and disbelief at my statement. "Strangers, you say? So, you'd be comfortable letting complete strangers into your most intimate moments?"

"No, not entirely, not in the least. There were the others, faces I had to endure, but this is a stark contrast, and I do mean profoundly dissimilar," I declared firmly, casting off the blanket with a swift motion. "Despite our bond as mates, all that lingers in my knowledge is your name and your lycanthropic nature. The veil shrouding your depths remains thick with mysteries waiting to be unraveled."

"I understand your perspective." He muttered, a reluctant admission hanging in the air.

"Are lycans known for their fiery tempers?" I inquired, my tone more of an observation than a question.

Rising from the bed, I stretched, feeling the tightness in my muscles. Every inch of my body ached, and the mingled scents of sweat and passion clung to me.

Zeph grunted, his gaze heavy.

"Hotheadedness might be one of our traits. It's ingrained in us lycans."

I offered him a smile, sensing an unexpected attraction despite my lingering fatigue from the night before. "I've also heard that dogs aren't fond of showers. Should I take one alone then? Or—"

Before I could utter another word, Zeph's thunderous roar filled the room, vibrating in his chest as he effortlessly lifted me from the bed and strode purposefully toward the bathroom. With a deft movement of his foot, he closed the door behind us. His massive frame barely squeezed through the narrow bathroom entrance, dwarfing the space with his sheer size, yet he navigated it with surprising grace, adapting to the low ceilings as best as he could.

As he set me down, a pang of longing struck me at the loss of contact when he moved towards the shower. He looked at it before hesitating and turning back to me.

"I'm clueless about this contraption," he admitted.

I chuckled softly. "Let me handle it."

I slid the glass door open with a gentle push, revealing the sleek interior. As I reached out to adjust the water temperature, a sense of doubt crept in - would Zeph, with his towering frame, find enough room in this compact space?

However, any concerns quickly dissipated as I observed Zeph's entranced expression at the cascading water. His attention so fixed on the mesmerizing flow that my own actions, like shedding my dress, went unnoticed amidst his fascination.

"Do you need some privacy with your new friend here or can I join in?" I teased.

He laughed at my jest and met my gaze with hunger in his eyes.

Quickly shedding his trousers, we stepped into the shower. He squeezed himself into the tight space, pressing against both the tiled wall and the transparent partition, barely leaving room to maneuver. The evidence of his excitement was undeniable, a glistening bead of pre-cum perched at the apex of his rigid cock.

As the water cascaded down his back and head, a low rumble escaped his lips. "Gods, if only I could have this luxury every day," he muttered, mostly to himself.

As I reached for a bar of soap, the last one we had in our dwindling supply of essentials, I wrapped it in a cloth to serve as a makeshift sponge. The soap suds danced on my skin as I bathed, with Zeph's gray eyes fixed on me intently. His gaze lingered as I washed myself, even when the cloth grazed my breasts and elicited a subtle reaction.

He seemed content to observe without touching, savoring the moment.

"You know what? Scratch that," he groaned, struggling with his words. "I'd give up almost anything for a daily shower—except you. You're not negotiable."

Relieved by his words, I retorted playfully, "Well, at least that's settled. I'm relieved to know I'm not just some commodity you can trade off whenever you please."

"With your witty comebacks, who knows. . ." he teased before my playful punch interrupted him.

"That's not funny," I chided with a mix of amusement and seriousness in my tone.

He pulled me into a kiss under the warm cascade of water, our connection deepening with each passing moment.

Surprised by the swiftness of our bond's strength, I felt at ease with Zeph - a sense of authenticity settling between us. The kiss intensified as he lifted me effortlessly, my legs wrapping around him.

This time, there was no slow build-up; instead, a primal urgency drove our movements. His thrusts were fervent and unreserved as we lost ourselves in each other's embrace beneath the shower's gentle spray.

With time pressing on us, we surrendered to our desires before addressing more pressing matters. My moans mingled with the sound of water as I clung to him tightly, succumbing to each forceful thrust.

As our passion peaked and he released himself inside me, Zeph tenderly set me back on my feet after a passionate kiss and a crooked grin.

After luxuriating in the invigorating shower, we reluctantly bid farewell to the warmth it offered. I slipped into my undergarments, then sleek black leggings and a crisp white shirt while Zeph smoothly donned his trousers.

"I suppose you didn't pack spare clothes," I teased, a playful glint in my eyes.

"No need for extras when I was not expecting to find my stunning mate here," Zeph remarked with a charming smile that made my heart flutter.

Despite his sweet words, a pang of jealousy pricked at me, imagining him with the other village girls. But I quickly reminded myself that without our bond, this could have been our reality.

As we prepared to face the impending afternoon, Zeph's gaze turned solemn. "It's time to explain our situation to Jeremah and make our departure," he declared firmly.

I nodded my head, mentally preparing myself.

Then, a sudden realization sparked in my mind. "Hold on a sec. I have to verify something first," I interjected before briskly departing the room.

The sound of my determined footsteps echoed down the hallway as I made my way to Melori's room.

The silence that greeted me as I reached her door was unsettling.

Despite our previous night's noise, her absence felt ominous. Concern laced my voice as I called out for her but received no response.

Zeph materialized behind me, concern etched on his features. "Is everything alright?"

"My friend should be here, but she's not," I replied anxiously as fear coiled around my heart. Without waiting for a response, I pushed open Melori's door to find it vacant.

"Where's she gone?" I spun to face Zeph, a flicker of betrayal brewing in my gaze. "She should be here. One of your men was supposed to be with her last night, so where are they?"

"K'lani," He attempted to calm me. "Please, try to stay composed."

I shot him a sharp look. "How can I possibly remain calm?"

Ignoring Zeph's pleas, I urgently called out for Melori and charged down the stairs, scanning the living room and kitchen in a frantic search. Fear gripped me tightly, clouding my thoughts.

"K'lani." Zeph's voice broke through my panic.

Disregarding his words, I flung open the front door. Zeph reached out and grasped my arm firmly, halting my escape.

"Listen," he implored, his eyes locking onto mine with a reassuring intensity that seemed to ease my racing heart. "I've reached out to some of my pack for information. Kallus told me she wasn't assigned to any lycan last night."

My eyes widened in disbelief. "What do you mean?"

Although puzzled by how he could have contacted his pack without them being present, I pushed that aside, focusing on the urgent news at hand.

"Your friend Melori was taken by Jeremah," Zeph revealed tensely, his gaze distant as if lost in thought despite looking directly at me.

"Jeremah took her?" I gasped, my voice trembling with fear.

Zeph nodded solemnly, his eyes reflecting the gravity of the situation. "Yes, Gryff, my trusted third-in-command, the Gamma of my pack, selected her yesterday and after that, Jeremah declared she wouldn't partake in the breeding ceremony this year. He then forcefully led her away."

Dread washed over me like a tidal wave.

"Oh Gods no," I gasped in horror before wrenching free from Zeph's grip, bolting toward Jeremah's home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 4.9K 35
"A soulmate." He starts, his voice bounces off the wall of the empty room. "There is nothing more beautiful in the world than them, for they are the...
256K 13.9K 59
18+ SPIN-OFF to The Eternal Curse Everett has been waiting for his mate longer than most. He's fantasised about his future Luna joining him in his ad...
125K 1.8K 9
I felt the bed dip as he sat down on the other side but I focused solely on my task until I was done. "This is a pillow barrier. Meaning, you don't b...
2.9M 74.8K 30
Rochelle has moved multiple times after her mother's passing due to her father's suffering of his loss. After finding a new job in the city of Black...