The Terminus-Under the sea

Oleh hansisherly29

It was 2050, the year of the misery.The world War 3 happened, a nuclear war which ended up making the earth i... Lebih Banyak

O-1129
Suicide Mission
Voyagers
Voyagers-2
Early Storms
Brothers
Good Bye
First time on a ship
Silence
Another storm?
Terrible mistake?
confession

Post-storm

2 0 0
Oleh hansisherly29

Hours later, after the storm had passed, Kalvin turned around asking Olivia to call Octagon Veranda. That's when he saw the sleeping beauty on the sofa. A mischievous smile crept across his face as he decided to playfully wake her up. He cleared his throat, desperate to annoy her like a high school kid.

"Olivia" He shouted aloud. Olivia was shocked by the sound. She jumped up in surprise.

"What? What?" She asked in surprise looking around and opening her blue eyes wider while sitting on the sofa. Kalvin hid the smile sneaking out of his mouth barely.

"You were very helpful the last few hours" he mocked her to hide the fact he was smiling. "Umm sorry, I guess I fell asleep. I didn't have left much to do here anyway." Olivia said standing up and yawning. Kalvin shook his head slightly to indicate that he disagreed.

"By the way why did you wake me up? Was it funny?" Olivia said looking at him frowning like an angry kid, with complaining in her eyes.

"I have much more important things to do than making fun of a privileged idiot" Kalvin said looking at the controlling panel again. Huh! Seriously Kalvin?

"I woke you up to call the Octagon Veranda" Kalvin continued. But he neither heard her answer nor footfalls. He looked at her wondered by the silence. He saw her lost in her own world biting her lips. Kalvin could realize what this is about. She's scared to encounter her mom. Pathetic Olivia!

"What's the matter with you? Your personal issues don't matter here. You're here to help, so do it right!" Kalvin snapped coldly, showing no mercy. Olivia walked to the communication system dreamingly. She pushed the buttons to connect with the Octagon Veranda thinking about the worst thing possible to happen. Kalvin kept a watchful eye on Olivia to make sure he don't miss the pleasure of Elsa and her daughter fighting against each other. As soon as she connected to the Octagon Veranda, she saw Elsa's face on the computer, uh bad luck!

"Olivia!" Elsa whispered glancing at Olivia's face like it was the first time her seeing own daughter. Elsa was shocked as much as Olivia to see each other in an unexpected moment. Olivia rolled her eyes in anger and turned to Kalvin. Kalvin was careful enough to turn away before Olivia can catch him staring.

"What do I need to ask?" Olivia asked roughly.

"We've passed the storm. I want to know whether the direction we are heading is correct?" He answered. That was when Olivia realized storm was passed. Yeah he was right. The ship wasn't shaking anymore.no thunder bursting .no more lightings. The storm was passed. Elsa looked at the computer trying to gather up her mind for the work. Olivia didn't bother to repeat the same question. Few moments later Elsa looked back at Olivia with answers.

"No need to change coordinates. Your direction is right She said looking back at Olivia.

"You heard her? Is that all?" Olivia asked from Kalvin in an unpleasant voice.

"Yup" Kalvin said briefly staring at control panel. But he didn't hesitate to look back at Olivia and Elsa as soon as he realized Olivia turned back to the computer. What a scene to miss!

"That's all" Olivia said roughly getting ready to push the button to end the call. Elsa hurried to speak.

"Olivia I'm sorry about that incident, I can explain, I didn't meant to hurt kids but I had no choice. I can appeal for a pardon for those kids of Turner if you can help me to find them" Elsa pleaded trying to convince Olivia that she's innocent.

"I'm done with confessions of murderer's" Olivia said calmly pushing the button to end the call. The computer went quiet and Olivia turned around grabbing her head with a pale face. She saw the paler face of Kalvin. 'What did he get pale of?' I bet that the first thing popped in your head. That's an interesting question. Olivia looked at Kalvin's brown eyes full of fear.

"So your father is Turner?" She whispered the unbelievable words trying so hard to calm her mind down. Kalvin stared at her answerless for a moment. The light of joy left his eyes. His lips shivered before he started to bite them.

"The same criminal that helped Madam Brown's husband?" Olivia said still wondering whether this was a dream or not. Bell's adopted son is one of the most wanted persons in the criminals list! How could this even possibly happen? Kalvin turned back to the control panel yet quiet.

"So your surname is fake? Do you know how terrible this thing against you and Melvin could be?" Olivia asked still trying to put together her mind to understand what to do next. Kalvin secretly pushed the buttons to set the ship in auto-pilot mode and suddenly turned to Olivia. He grabbed her neck and pushed her against the wall with his strong arms. Olivia was shocked by his sudden reaction.

"You bloody nosy parker" Kalvin said gnashing in rage. Olivia could feel his arm getting tighter around her neck while his other arm was on her shoulder pushing her against the wall tightly. Olivia could see his eyes becoming red from anger and she knew there won't be any way to save her life unless she does something right now! She immediately took her arm and attacked his shoulder with the martial arts she knew. Kalvin grabbed his shoulder in pain, screaming.

"Ahhrrrrrr!" His shoulder was dislocated! Is this even possible to happen? Kalvin was one of the greatest fighters in the security sector! Well, he could be a fighter but at that moment he wasn't expecting such an attack from an innocent-looking girl. He grabbed his shoulder freeing Olivia's neck. Olivia ran to the door while Kalvin was in pain trying to get his shoulder in the right position. But Olivia didn't get a chance to escape. To her surprise, Melvin was there at the door. Well, Melvin wasn't comfortable about leaving her brother alone in the cabin on a stormy night, not to mention she hated him. She came to the cabin to find out whether Kalvin was ok as the storm was passed. That's when she witnessed Olivia finding out their dark secret and everything came after that. Melvin closed the door and took the keys in her hand to stop Olivia from running away. She ran to Kalvin who just replaced his shoulder himself with another painful scream.

"Argh!" Melvin touched his back keeping one hand on his shoulder trying to comfort him.

"Oh my gosh! Are you ok? Does it hurt? What can I do? Do you need any medicine?" She presented a paper full of questions to Kalvin who nodded off them all.

"I'm fine, stop her!" He said turning to Olivia. Olivia was looking at two siblings with fear in her eyes. She knew one lucky shot didn't mean she could fight a trained soldier.

"No damn way of you running away now!" Kalvin shouted taking the gun out of the holster.

"Kalvin No!" Melvin ran to Kalvin as he pointed it toward Olivia. Melvin grabbed his hand and tried to put his hand down. But she failed to move his strong arm. So she stood in front of the gun covering up Olivia.

"What are you doing Em? Move away!" Kalvin said trying to aim Olivia over Melvin's shoulder. But Melvin blocked his view and grabbed his hand which was still holding the pistol. Now it was pointing to Melvin's chest.

"Are you aiming at my heart? You want me dead?" Melvin asked emotionally looking straight into his eyes. Kalvin blinked in shock. Wasn't she the one who stepped in front of the pistol?

"You know that's not what happened" Kalvin said aiming to Olivia's head over Melvin's shoulder. Olivia was literally rooted to the floor without being able to think what to do next. The image she had about Kalvin in her head was completely turned upside down within last few minutes. She used to think he was a high ranked soldier with a great personality not to mention the rudeness he had toward her. But he seemed to treat everyone else kindly. That made her thin that he is a good guy with some stubborn actions. But after what she heard and saw she didn't know what to think anymore. Melvin stood on aim again.

"Remember the last time this happened? When a gun was pointed to someone by your hands?" Melvin asked emotionally looking into his eyes. Kalvin turned even paler if that's possible. He raised his voice high-pitched as if he was slapped.

"Shut up!" He stared at Melvin with eyes widened not by anger but by fear. His hand with the gun was shaking. She's taking shots at his weak point again!

"No! You won't do it again! You promised me not to. Remember?' Melvin asked looking at the brown eyes of his brother.

"You are not a murderer!" Melvin said with the best of her emotions trying so hard to convince his brother this is not the right thing to do.

"You know the truth in advance" Kalvin said trying to put himself together to decide what to do next. He bit his lip looking at Melvin scared that she would slip more things out. Now the storm is in his mind!

"What? About the guy you killed?" Melvin said leaving both Kalvin's and Olivia's mouths hanging open. It took a few seconds for Kalvin to put the words out which were stuck in his throat.

"You want me dead. Huh? or tortured to the death? I'm your brother after all. Did you forget it?" Kalvin screamed at Melvin. How could she say it? How dare she risk his life after everything he did to protect her?

"I want you alive. That's why I'm here" Melvin screamed back to him. Kalvin smirked.

"Wait till she runs to her mother to tell her this exciting news! Then you can see me in electrocution" Kalvin said in a voice mixed up with anger and humiliation. Melvin looked at him with a worried face.

"You could kill Nikole and escape cause he was no one" Melvin started explaining and Kalvin yelled at her.

"Shut up! No bloody way of her leaving this room alive now!" Kalvin said trying to aim at Olivia again but Melvin pushed him away rudely.

"Would you please listen?" She yelled at him freaking out. Kalvin stared at Melvin with burning eyes.

"She's Elsa's daughter! Don't you have even a peanut-sized brain left in your head? Huh? Do you think that bloody murderer of a chancellor would let go easily of her daughter's death?" Melvin yelled at him hitting him on the chest like a maniac. How could he be this silly?

"I'll throw her body into the ocean and you'll keep quiet. No one will know!" Kalvin screamed taking her hands off his t-shirt.

"How could you be sure nobody will find out? Last time it was a mistake and you still suffer from nightmares of that death. You won't be able to face Maxwell and Bell or you'll eventually confess to them and end up screaming in pain getting electric lashes or worse!" Melvin yelled from the top of her lungs. Her hands were shaking. Oh, how could he not see the danger of this? She could punch him in the face right now!

"So what? We let her go like fools and do you think it'll be safe after all?" Kalvin asked in anger pointing his head toward Olivia who was still gazing at them with opened mouth trying so hard to figure out what was going on. How she could be so stupid? Well, who was the most stupid one? You are free to decide. Melvin paused for a moment. Then looked at Olivia.

"We have to trust her" She said turning back to Kalvin. Kalvin looked at Melvin with widened eyes, not sure whether it was wonder or fear that caused it.

"Well, look, she didn't do anything wrong it was us all alone mistreating her for being Elsa's daughter." Melvin tried to explain Kalvin, Kalvin blinked a couple of times in wonder before realizing Melvin was not joking.

"Are you in the right mind? You are asking me to Trust Elsa's daughter with my life?" He asked in wonder. Melvin bit her lip.

"Yes" she eventually said leaving Kalvin feeling helpless. Kalvin couldn't believe his ears. Kalvin stared at her with burning eyes. Melvin knew the meaning of his silence. The silence comes before a storm. Melvin hurried to explain before Kalvin made any mistake that couldn't be reversed.

"Look, I know this sounds crazy but I...I.. think we can trust her. we..." Melvin didn't get to continue Kalvin burst anger into violence.

"You are freaking mad but I'm not" Kalvin pushed Melvin away angrily. Melvin landed on the couch on her back. It didn't cause her any damage but it shocked Olivia. How angry should Kalvin be to push his loving sister like that?

"Melvin, are you ok?" Olivia hurried to help Melvin but Melvin got up herself brushing off her knees.

"I'm fine!" Melvin said getting up and looking at Kalvin with burning eyes. Kalvin seemed to be shocked by his own actions. He looked at Melvin apologetically.

"Em, I'm ..." Kalvin didn't get to finish. Melvin went straight to Kalvin and slapped him in the face. Kalvin stayed a moment still closing his eyes. Despite the pain, Kalvin tried to remain calm and composed before turning to look at Melvin.

Olivia gasped in horror, realizing the gravity of the situation.

"Oh my gosh!" Olivia whispered to herself.

"She saved my life you jerk!" Melvin screamed madly. Kalvin glared at Melvin, his cheek still burning from her slap. His eyes were filled with a mix of pain, regret, and sorrow as he stared at Melvin's face. She knew how much the slap had hurt him emotionally, but she didn't even wait to hear his apology.

"Olivia!" she said looking at Olivia. Olivia looked at her as if she just woke up from a dream. Melvin threw the keys at her. Olivia caught them dreamingly.

"Run!" Melvin screamed running to the door covering Olivia. Kalvin hurried to stop them but Melvin closed the door and locked it as soon as they both got outside.

"Olivia!" she called out, looking directly at Olivia. Olivia stared back at her as if she had just woken up from a deep slumber. Melvin quickly tossed the keys over to her, and Olivia caught them with a dreamy expression on her face. "Run!" Melvin shouted while racing to the door, shielding Olivia. Kalvin rushed to stop them, but Melvin shut and locked the door as soon as they both made it outside.

"Melvin open the door! Please you can't do this! You are playing with my life" Kalvin screamed knocking on the closed door furiously. Melvin looked at the door and screamed back.

"I won't risk your life. You have to trust me more than this. Have a good night!" Melvin said sarcastically turning around to Olivia who was again left speechless.

"Let's go" Melvin said forcing Olivia to move forward with her. Kalvin kicked the door angrily as he heard the sound of Melvin's and Olivia's footfalls. He turned around grabbing his head, gasping looking around like an answer might pop up and say hello. He walked to the control panel and dialled to place a call to the Octagon Veranda. He started biting his thumb looking at the screen.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1K 406 143
No one ever knows the whole story... Nestled deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, something is emerging. Kept in absolute secrecy, it seeps...
388 4 12
17+ Several corporations dominate the AC and Next development Market, these corporations are Mercury Heavy Industries, Nova Technology Innovations, S...
732 175 25
This story is an outcome of a drastically declining future. When humanity was completely lost and there was no one left on Earth taking care for it o...
2.1K 290 18
*Original book, description and plans by Littlewolf65* The year is 3021. And the world has become a technological utopia. Technology has advanced far...