KARASUNO'S MANAGER - Haikyu V...

By HermesStories

"Remember the promise you made years ago?" My brother asked from the phone. "Which one?" I asked as I blow a... More

Author's Note
Prologue
I. Sōzokujin Academy
II. Note
III. His Sister
IV. Oh Brother
V. Serve
VI. Breakfast
VII. Surprise
VIII. Storm
IX. On
X. Late
XI. Kitchen Duty
Author's Note
XII. Food
XIII. Caught
XIV. Red
XVI. Graves
XVII. Sleepover
XVIII. To Die
XVIV. Wish
XX. His Fingers
XXI. Get Lost
XXII. The Plan
XXIII. Idiot
XXIV. Spill
XXV. Punishment
XXVI. Second
XXVII. Wait
XXVIII. Explain

XV. Pretty Cute

78 4 1
By HermesStories

•••
"Hey! Stop running you morons!" Daichi yelled at Hinata and Kageyama who seems to be in a race towards the bathroom.

"We should have eaten first." Asahi sighed beside the two other 3rd years.

"Who said this was a good idea?" Ennoshita asked.

"It's going to end bad either way." Tsukishima said.

The Karasuno boys were talking about their matches with Nekoma as they walk in the halls towards the bathroom when they bumped with some people from Date Tech.

Aone pointed at Asahi without a word as he stares straight at him.

Is this a challenge?!
What is happening?!
The Karasuno boys were silent as they didn't know how to respond except for two.

"Do you want a fight?!" Tanaka yelled.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Noya yelled as he stood in front of Asahi.

"NO!" Moniwa, their captain ran in front of Aone.

"This is just.. He is... What he's doing is... Futakuchi!" Moniwa yelled as he panics over the situation.

Futakuchi stood beside Moniwa, in front of Aone.

"Ahh. Don't take it personal. He always does this when he faces an ace of a team we're about to play against." He said with a chuckle.

"Don't worry. He means no harm by this. He is not trying to fight with you." He added with a smirk.

"Yes! Exactly! He's just showing his passion differently! Please don't misunderstand." Moniwa further explained as he apologized to Daichi and the Karasuno team with a bow.

"Don't worry. No harm done. Right?" Daichi said afterwards with a grin.

"See you tomorrow in the court. Let's have a good fight then." Futakuchi said as he pulled Aone.

"I meant game. Let's have a good game."
Futakuchi said with a smirk as he eyed everyone standing in front of him.

Prick.
The boys thought as they glare at Futakuchi while Moniwa apologizes again as he pushes the 2 other boys forward.
•••

Slam.

Hideko grinned as she finished her 3rd service ace.

"AMAZING!" Lev yelled with Inouka as they jumped around Hideko.

"No touch!" Inouka yelled.

"Ha! You guys suck!" Lev yelled at Kuroo's team as he laughs.

Hideko. Lev. Inouka
vs
Kuroo. Yaku. Yamamoto.

Kenma chuckled as he adds another point for Hideko's team.

2nd Set
15 -19

"What did you say!?" Yamamoto yelled.

"You want a beating? Is that what I'm hearing?" Yaku asked.

"We're still ahead of you!" Kuroo said.

The boys went back to their positions waiting for Hideko's serve.

"Nice serve, neko-chan!"

"We're getting this!" Yaku yelled with fire in his eyes.

Hideko took a few steps back.

Peep.

She ran and jump high and swung her arm.

The boys from the other team backed up as well, determined to stop her streak.

The ball across the air, hitting the net dropping to the other side of the court.
Thud.

"WHAT. WAS. THAT!?"

These boys are so loud. Hideko thought with a huge grin on her face.

"That makes it 4!" She yelled, taunting the other team.

"Teach me!"

"PLEASE!"

The match ended with Kuroo's team winning.

21-25

"You surprise me neko-chan." Yaku said as he drinks from his bottle.

"Yeah! That was awesome!"

"Hey, do you think you can teach something to this block head?" Kuroo said pointing at Lev.

"I was good! Tell them neko-chan!"

"Yes, Lev. You did good. But, always remember that you can do better. Alright?" She smiled at him as she pats his back.

"Are we leaving?" Kenma plainfully asked.

"Right! Let's go have our dinner. But, before that, here!" Hideko opened the bag she brought out a large ziplock from her bag.

"I'm trying something new. I hope you guys like them! It's my new chocolate covered yogurt bites!"
Hideko opened the ziplock and gave each boy a piece.

Thank goodness it still feels cold. I was a little worried it will be too warm and melt the chocolate away. Hideko thought as she waits for the boys to take a bite.

"Oya? Dessert before dinner, neko-chan? Not really the best idea."

"Oh shush boy. Just eat." Hideko said as she playfully pushes Kuroo's arm.

The boys were nodding their heads and grinning as they finish their snack.

"MARRY ME!" Yamamoto suddenly yelled out.

What?! Hideko turned red as she looks at Yamamoto on the floor on his knees.

A few seconds of silence.

"Get up, you idiot!" Yaku yelled.

"What did you just say?!" Kuroo yelled as he pulls Yamamoto to his feet.

"No, she will not!" Inouka yelled.

"That's a bit sudden Yamamoto-san. Is it that good?" Hideko asked with a shaky voice feeling flustered about the sudden proposal.

Is this even considered a proposal?

"YES!" Yamamoto yelled as Kuroo continues to shake him back and forth as he glares at him.

Kenma walked over at Hideko and gently pulled her bag.

"Let's go neko-chan, you need to eat a proper meal, after all you played." Kenma said with a small smile in his face, barely noticable.

Hideko looked back at the others to see them surrounding a shaking Yamamoto.

I kind of feel bad. He looks like he's their prey. But food is waiting!

"Sure. Sounds good to me Kenma-san."

Before Kenma and Hideko left, she looked back and said something that froze the boys in place.

"I have to decline, Yamamoto-san. It wouldn't be nice if the ONLY reason my future husband loves me is because of the food I make. But, I sure do hope that whoever that person will be, also loves what I make them, just like you." She said with a smile adoring her face as she laughs.

But it isn't just your food! Yamamoto and the rest of the boys thought.

You are cute.
Kind. Gentle. Helpful. Passionate. Funny. You even play volleyball!
I want to know more about you.
The boys thought as she walked out of the gym dragging Kenma by his wrist, not noticing the red tint on the boys' cheeks including Kenma.

•••
"Where is Kuroo, Akaashi?"

"I don't know, Bokuto. He might be in his room or the bathroom." He answered as they stand in line for their food.

Just as Akaashi said that Hideko and Kenma entered the cafeteria.

Their attention was focused on her as she walks with Kenma to the back of the line.

"Little red is here!"

"Lower your voice Bokuto." Akaashi sighed as he looked around if Bokuto's outburst startled anyone.

Looks good. No one seems to be bothered. No one probably heard since the cafeteria is buzzing with everyone talking with each other.

"Let's talk with little red, Akaashi. Do you think we can sneak in the kitchen later?"

Akaashi looked at the ground as he tries to keep his mind off of what happened last night.

Bokuto, I think you need to stop calling her little red.
•••

"Hello darling! How have you been?"

"I've been doing well. Is everything alright? I didn't help with dinner again." Hideko asked as she rubs the back of her neck.

"Oh don't worry about that."
"It's more than enough you help us with the other meals and their snacks." The 2 women said as they served food on their trays.

Hideko thanked them as she looked for a place to sit with Kenma.

She saw Hinata jumping while waving his hands looking at her.

"HIDEKO-CHAN!"

She looked at Kenma and asked if he's okay sitting with Hinata and the rest of the boys from Karasuno.

"Of course. I don't mind."

They both reached the table and took their seats after greeting everyone at the table.

"I have an idea!" Tanaka suddenly said gaining everyone's attention st the table.

"We should play a game!"

"No thanks. I'd like to rest already." Tsukishima replied.

Tanaka started arguing with the tall blonde.

"It's 1 truth 2 lies! How is that tiring?!"

"Still."

"Come on Tsukki. It will be fun!" Yamaguchi tried to persuade his friend.

"What kind of game is that?" Kageyama asked.

"How can you not know that Kagayema!" Hinata teased him.

"Enough!" Daichi yelled over the voices of the troublemakers of the team.

"Let's finish early so we have enough time for later." Suga said to settle everyone at the table.

"I'll be there too! Don't forget about me guys!" Hideko yelled with a grin on her face.

How could we? The boys thought as they watch her eat happily.

•••
The boys were busy arranging their sleeping mats close to each other, in the middle of the room.

Knock. Knock.

"She's here!"

"Hurry!"

"You stepped on my foot!"

The boys scrambled as they take their sit in a circle.

Suga walked to the door and opened with a big smile.

"Hideko-chan!"

"Oya?" Kuroo said with a smirk.

"Oya! Oya!" Bokuto added with a grin.

Suga's smile faltered for a little as he looks at the 2 captains in front of him.

"Who's at the door Suga?" Daichi asked.

"Kuroo, Bokuto, what are you both doing here?"

"Kenma told me that you're playing a game tonight." Kuroo replied.

"We want to join!" Bokuto excitedly added.

"And none of you thought to wait for an invitation?" Tsukishima said as he and the others listen in on their conversation.
•••

Hideko knocked on her team's door as she waits patiently outside.

The door opens with Suga smiling at her.

"Finally! Come inside Hideko-chan."

She entered the room and noticed how everyone in the team is already sitting in a circle with the addition of 2 people.

"Hey guys!" She greeted everyone with a grin.

"I'm surprised to see you both here." She added as she greets the 2 captains.

"What's there to be surprised for neko-chan?" Kuroo laughed.

Hideko sat down in between of Suga and Daichi.

"Alright! So how are we doing this?" Noya asked the group.

Daichi explained on how their little game will work.

"Did you hear that king?"

"What are you on about?!"

"Well, it's obvious why the mechanics of the game is being explained right now." Tsukishima teased him as Hinata slaps Kageyama's back while laughing.

"Since you know so much. Why don't you go first!"

"Alright! Let's go Tsukki!"

"Shut up, Yamaguchi."

Everyone waited for Tsukishima to say something as he glares at everyone he's with.

How annoying. Whatever. Let's just get this over with. He thought to himself.

1. I'm an only child.
2. I'm above 6 feet.
3. I don't need glasses

Everyone looked at him trying to figure out if he's joking around with them.

"Well? What is it then?"

"That's it? Who's not going to get that!?" Noya yelled at the boy who just shrugged his shoulders.

"You're not above 6 feet!" Hinata yelled as he points at Tsukishima.

"Is he wearing non prescription glasses?" Kageyama mumbled to himself.

The group deadpans at the 2 who were arguing which one of them is correct.

Morons.

Hideko laughed as she listens to the two boys.

"Of course it's those 2." Tsukishima mocked.

"Alright. What is it guys? Let's all say it together, 1,2,3,go!" Suga said.

"2!" The group simultaneously answered, except for 2.

"You're above 6 feet tall?!"

The boys sighed as they watch the 2 freeze when Tsukishima told them how they keep on surprising him with their level of stupidity.

"My turn!" Tanaka yelled.

"Tone it down!" Daichi yelled back.

"Daichi, stop shouting." Suga said as he playfully glares at his friend.

1. I'm an only child.
2. I hate volleyball.
3. Hideko is the best manager ever!

"WHY?!"
"How can you hate volleyball?!"

Seriously? Did this 2 hit their heads or something? Everyone thought as they listened in on the complaints of Hinata and Kageyama about how volleyball is the best sport, not something to hate.

"Are your kids always like this?" Kuroo asked the captain of Karasuno who has a tick mark on his forehead.

Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, Tanaka, Noya, Asahi, Ennoshita, Kinoshita, Narita, Hinata, Kageyama already had their turn.

"Alright! My turn." Suga yelled out.

1. Futakuchi needs a good beating
2. I don't think I'll be alive at the end of the camp
3. I carried someone.

Suga said with a smirk on his face as he looks at each of the boys in the circle.

Lucky bastard! The boys thought as they see Suga look at them smugly.

"Oh my goodness. Suga-san! You're embarrassing me!" Hideko buried her face in her hands.

"Honestly, I don't think any of those were lies.." Kinoshita mumbled to himself.

"Beating someone will have a dire consequence." Ennoshita replied.

"True. Suga wouldn't do it. I think. I hope?" Narita said uncertainly.

"Of course! Suga you wouldn't beat people up will you?!" Asahi yelled, stuttering a little bit with nervousness.

"Ehh. Who can say." Suga said as he shrugs his shoulders with a grin.

"Suga-san! At least be discrete about it!" Hideko yelled as she slaps Suga's back while laughing.

"Hideko-chan! You're the manager, you're not suppose to enable his violent behavior!"

"Yeah!"

"Who would have thought, neko-chan like bad boys." Kuroo taunted as he laughed.

Seriously?

Hideko leaned herself and lightly placed her hands on Suga's face, pressing his cheeks together.

"Does this face look like a violent person?" She asked as she leans her face a little close to his.

Red. Suga's face was so hot. He can feel his ears burn.

Did an angel just appear in front of me?! Have I gone to heaven? Suga thought.

Hideko let go and turned to the others with a grin.

"Suga-san's too good." She laughed without noticing the glares sent towards Suga.

Suga snapped out of his thoughts when his back was smacked by Daichi, who reached over Hideko.

He looked at him to see him smiling and glaring at the same time.

Fck.

Suga looked at the others to see them glaring at him.

Ahhh. Maybe I will be going to heaven soon. Suga thought as he gulps.

"Alright! So what's the answer?" Hideko asked as she giggles, completely oblivious of the intense looks the boys were giving to the boy beside her.

"1" Tsukishima ended the silence.

"What?! Why?" Hideko bewildered with his answer.

"He won't die by the end of the camp. Coach wouldn't let him. And he didn't carry anyone."

"But he-"

"You're as light as a feather, lighter than a kid. Doesn't count. Besides I agree with the beating."

"Tsukki!?" Yamaguchi looked at his friend with wide eyes.

"Rude! I am still growing!"

"Your turn Hideko-chan!" Hinata yelled as he glares at Tsukishima.

Hideko sighed and mumbled fine.

1. My favorite color is red
2. I'm a coach
3. I have a boyfriend

The boys froze as they hear the words leave Hideko's lips.

She has a boyfriend?!
Since when?
I mean, not like I care or anything...
The boys were lost in their thoughts as Hideko waits for their answer.

"Guys? Hello? Anyone here?" Hideko laughed thinking how they'll be in for a surprise.

"You.. you have a boyfriend?!" Hinata, Tanaka and Noya yelled.

"Huh?"

"Who!?" Kageyama stood up and pointed at her.

Whoa. Well this is a surprise.

Kagayema's actions snapped everyone's attention as they throw question after question about this mysterious boy.

"Do we know him?"

"Is he good to you?"

"Is he here!?"

"What's his name?"

"You have to tell us if he makes you cry!"

"Tell us everything!"

Dorks. Hideko smiled as she listened in the chaos as her team and new friends.

"Well. Well. Well. I'm flattered with all the love, boys." Hideko smirked at them as they stop from talking.

"I'm guessing everyone picks 3." Hideko made an x with her arms.

"You guys are wrong! That was funny." Hideko laughed while holding her stomach.

"Hold up!"

"Wait!"

"No boyfriend?"

Hideko nodded her head while laughing.

"1! Your favorite color is red!" Bokuto yelled as he jumps up from his sitting position.

"Nope. Still wrong."

The boys looked at each other confused.

Coach?!

"COACH?!" The boys yelled at the same time.

"That I am. Better believe it guys. I'm actually the coach and captain of my team back in Sōzokujin."

The boys yelled in amazement, throwing questions at her again.

Man, this boys are so loud.

"Hold up a minute! Little red! Your favorite color is not red?"

"No Bokuto-san. My hair is red. So are my eyes. I feel like a cherry."

"But you look good in red!"

"You must be dreaming about neko-chan, Bokuto. She's only been wearing her uniform from Sōzokujin and Karasuno." Kuroo tease with a smirk.

"What are you saying Kuroo? She was wearing red last night?!"

Last night?

"No! Bokuto-san!" Hideko yelled, surprising everyone.

"Hideko-chan was wearing black yesterday, Bokuto." Ennoshita said while the rest agreed.

"No? She was wearing red last night. We saw her when she came back to the room. So cute!" Hideko turned red as she balls herself in embarrassment while Bokuto loled at everyone with confusion.

"She was in Fukurodani's room last night?!"

"No. Akaashi, Terushima and I were in her room last night."

Dead silence.

Hideko readied herself for what was about to come.

Oh God Bokuto-san. You're digging both of our graves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 448 40
Remember, there's always more after the end. Ever since you insisted on paying back a specific dark-haired boy for taking his milkshake (even though...
471K 13.2K 50
**UDATE 3/17/21: I WILL BE REWRITING IN A SEPARATE STORY WHICH WILL HAVE THE SAME TITLE AND THE PLOT WILL BE PRETTY SIMILAR. PLEASE CHECK MY PROFILE...
56.6K 1.5K 38
he wants to be her friend. she can't stand him. he finds her intriguing, she doesn't fawn nor obsess over him, which he likes; so instead he fawns...
661K 30.3K 18
{RANKED #1 IN #HAIKYUU 13/05/18} {RANKED #1 IN #ANIMEFANFICTION 22/05/18} {RANKED #3 IN #XREADER 27/05/18 (out of over 33k stories what the actual...