Devils and Demons

By Zelegen

It's not like I wanted to be born, yet here I was. At least I had someone. That was better than most people... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 18

79 4 0
By Zelegen

School sucks. Those 2 words mean so much but it's only 2 words so let me repeat them to carry their weight. School sucks.

Well, I don't do anything in school but the people suck. Especially when there are 4 obnoxious beings harping on you trying to find out why you 'died' for 2 weeks.

So what if I was gone? I don't see why it concerns them. But they haven't stopped asking.

I loved Eyes' Mom, but why did she make me come to school.

"Did you at least pay attention to class?" Juliana asks

I shake my head and she groans slumping against the library table because we were supposed to be studying and I wasn't helping. I didn't even know what we were working on now.

I keep sketching without a care until Scott slams the book on the table and starts ranting about how school was important.

"Cade, you need to pay attention. We are studying, we could do it at home but we are doing it now to help you and you're drawing. You're always drawing and they are disturbing. Have you seen them? Cade, you cannot tell me that sketching someone blow out their brains in vivid detail isn't freaky. Especially in school when you're supposed to be learning" Scott rants.

I look at my sketchbook and sure enough it's a man blowing his brains out as the gun goes off. The bullet is lodged in his head and the blood is in the air. The backfire explosion can be seen as well. Then all of the vivid detail of a human.

Here I was thinking I was drawing chains.

I look at Scott and wonder if that's all he cares about, school. But that word is what irked me the most; Home. School had never mattered. Foster monsters had always hated me and never cared. If I had a 90% skip rate they wouldn't know.

Why was I even hanging around him? Around any of them? For that false sense of friends or that other people besides Eyes or Ears might care about me. No, under the beanie, under the mask I was a white haired freak. And soon enough even Ears and Eyes would see that too.

School doesn't matter because I would be dead soon enough.

I get up and walk out of the library pretending not to hear Jasper, Juliana, Scott or Oliver. If all they cared about was school then they could get someone else. School doesn't matter. School doesn't matter because behind the school was families and as selfish as that sounded it was true. Kids who were in families, even ones that were divorced and 'broken' existed. Home would never exist for someone like me.

My thoughts just spiral and I return to Eyes house which only makes it worse. Eyes house was a family based house and I was the intruder. I can only think about it sarcastically now. Where was my house? Now I was serious because I remember I can torture the man who took it all away. I can make him hurt and I can make it all on him. He took away Mom. He took away Home.

I change directions and go there. No one stops me as I walk down the base and into the cell. He looks awful since he's chained to the chair. His hair is matted to his face and he's panting like he hasn't had water in days. He probably hasn't realistically, but I wasn't here to be nice.

He took my Home.

I pull off my beanie and I hear his breathe get more erratic as I stare at him just thinking. How could I make him hurt like he hurt me?

"Please. Please. I'll- I'll do anything. Just- please" he whimpers and I want to beat him to death.

Maybe it was time. Time to skin him alive just like he skinned her all those years ago. But he didn't have anyone though. No one to mourn him. No one who would miss him and no one who would notice his absence.

I pull out the knife and my emotions threaten to come as I keep thinking about Home. The Home he took. The Home I could barely remember. Homes that weren't homes were all that were left. The foster system was messed up and I was young when they killed her.

"Please, I'll do an-anything" the man sobs. "What do you want? M-money, girls?" He asks.

I don't like his offer but it was that exact question that had me coming here. I kneel in front of him so he can see me clearly and set the knife in line with his tears.

"I want my mother"

For hours all you can hear are his screams.

()

I was at Ears' house tonight but I don't eat dinner with them. I missed Mom's food. There was a lot of pasta.

I don't go to the Vinci's because I'm still freaking out about the whole sketchbook fiasco and I avoided Iman at school. Nile wasn't at school. I made sure he wasn't at school. That would have been truly disastrous.

I have to go tomorrow though because 'I can't run forever'. I understand though. They were sick of me. Maybe instead of a birthday death it could be sooner? I'd like that; I'd like that a lot.

Ears comes in and sits on the couch in his room. It was funny how Eyes and Ears have the same layout. Just different room styles.

On the walls the picture frames are littered with pictures of statues or historical monuments. Buildings really. He was a geek like that. Eyes had different stuff. His room is probably destroyed from the twin's slime. I think it's slime although it had something in it that made it not-slime.

I stay awake the whole night thinking of how I'm going to be beaten to death tomorrow by the Vinci's and everyone else which left me to wonder if everyone else was there. As in, was their extended family still there?

If they were it would be awful.

I really need help don't I?

I look at the glow in the dark clock on Ears' night stand and it says that it was 5:32. I was not getting sleep. Maybe I had undiagnosed Insomnia. It would make sense. Or maybe ADHD because my thoughts were so sporadic. Sporadic is a funny word. Maybe it's sleep deprivation? I have no idea.

After 30 minutes of sleep I am rudely awoken by Ears rolling out of bed and hitting the floor. It isn't loud but I'm a light sleeper and I glare at him. He doesn't even know what he did but I leave the room and faceplant on the couch despite the dangers of being pranked.

I wake up to someone talking.

"Maybe we should wake him up?"

"Let him sleep, I mean, have you ever seen him sleep before?"

"One word: Stocker"

"But like, I get he's your friend and has been for 10 years but what's his problem?"

"Stocker"

"Tell me"

"Stocker"

"Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell- he moved"

"Yeah you're annoying essence waters down everything"

The intense running and hopping noises tell me someone is running for their life, and then there's a bang and a shout if victory as well as a plea for help.

"You can't hit me with a fucking FRYING PAN to stop me"

"Suck it up butter cup"

"But it hurts"

"Aww, does the baby want a bottle too?"

I stop listening to the sibling chaos and go back to Ears' room where I'll be safe.

After a good hour of hiding Ears comes and drags me to his car to take me back to my legal guardian. I try to fight back but it was illegal for me to stay. I tell him half the things he does is illegal and he doesn't answer.

Now I was standing at the giant doors and glaring at Ears. I hated that boy. Man? He was older than me. Older than 18 but I don't know how old because memory problems.

I open the door and peek inside. No one was there. Ears scoffs. Imagine sneaking into your own residence. Was it till considered my residence?

I grab Ears' hand and make a mad dash to my room but the moron can't do anything right and somehow summons one of the Demons and holds me so I can't run.

I panic.

They knew I drew. They knew I drew and I was totally overthinking this and exaggerating but I was beaten to an inch of life last time. These people were giants compared to the family who found out last time. They could crush me like a grape.

It was Koji, and he looks at me weird before shaking his head and walking out of the room on his phone. I shove Ears off me and race into my room but stop at my thoughts. When did it become my room?

They were some stupid family who were using me for money. They didn't care about me. They didn't care. That was the perfect example. I've been gone for 2 weeks. Not a single word from Koji. Haven't talked to him in months actually. Haven't ever spoken to him really.

Ears tells me I need to breathe and I take a jagged breath but I do breathe sadly. Why did I have feelings? Why couldn't I just pick them in a chest and throw it away? It had been hurt time and time again.

Ears stays with me for the rest of the night, and the next day and to my extreme shock, I'm not once beaten and I fear Ears leaving since I think it's the only think keeping the blows from coming.

He leaves my room and goes to talk to Nur. About what I don't know, but I could guess. I didn't like my guesses though so I'm not going to think about.

°
Thoughts?

(Besides my inconsistent updates)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 240 19
***Trigger warning: torture, blood, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, substance abuse, rape, eating disorder*** A 20 year old girl who lived with her mot...
7.7K 346 4
If I had known my life would take such a 360 turn, I would've enjoyed life to the fullest, I wouldn't have rushed anything, But I didn't know what I...
5K 198 11
Sal Fisher or to the world Sally Fisher when they where young his mother was killed by a dog that mauled his face. His mother was so happy with a bab...
1.8M 44.4K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...