Reborn as a Snake! (2.) [ONGO...

By SimplyUnst4ble

(2nd Installment) After being reborn in another world, I have begun my journey through the world. Now, I have... More

- Information Board -
(1.) - I Was the One Reborn as A Snake.
(2.) - City of Merchants.
(3.) - Yiinao Guildmaster.
(4.) - The Investigation Begins.
(5.) - Ship Tailers.
(6.) - Investigation on The Docks.
(7.) - A Black Market Below the City.
(8.) - Underground Testing Zone.
(9.) - Battle at The Port.
(10.) - A Succubus in The Black Market.
[WORLD HISTORY](1.) - The Cardinal Sins.
(11.) - Downtime.
(12.) - The Interrogation.
(13.) - Counter Plan.
(14.) - Preparations for a Raid.
(15.) - Plan Set in Motion.
(16.) - Black Market Raid.
(17.) - Void Lord Strikes Again.
(18.) - Dragon of All Darkness.
(19.) - The Serpent who Embraced its Demise.
(20.) - Invitation to a Ball.
(21.) - Ball of The Baron.
(22.) - Shin - Yiinao Hero.
{Intermission}(1.) - Holy Prodigy - Harold.
(24.) - Questing & Departure.
(25.) - Brand New Teacher.
(26.) - My First Day Teaching.
(27.) - Class of Reckless Misfits.
(28.) - Faofa & his 7 Students.
(29.) - Dark Magic Practical Test.
(30.) - Return of The Heroes.
(31.) - Hero Trainer & Investigation Begins.
(32.) - Phantom of The 4th Floor.
(33). - Phantom of The 4th Floor {II}.
(34). - Encounter.
(35). - Annabele Cramhol.
(36). - The Phantom Dance
(37). - On Trail of the Demon & Confrontation.
(38). - Demon Dance.
(39). - Spidersin Queen.
(40). - Peaceful School Days.
(41). - The 4 Myth Discussion.
[WORLD HISTORY](2). - The Tree of Individuals.
(42). - Preparations for a Tournament.
(43). - Training Exercise.
(44). - 2 Sides of The Same Coin.
(45). - The Jester & Student Lives.
{Intermission}(2). - Is this a Date?
(46). - Training Continues.
(47). - Signal to Start the Tournament.
(48). - Stronghold from The Depths.
(49). - The Only Way up is Teamwork.

(23.) - Quest before Academics.

162 5 0
By SimplyUnst4ble

     So.... You can probably imagine what my reaction was after I learned about the entire thing of me needing to go and be a temporary teacher at an education building called —
'Yiinao Academy of Magic'.
And incase you can't imagine it, I'll spell it out for you - it was NOT positive. I mean - I've never taught anyone in my life - or... Lives?

....You know, reincarnation sometimes makes a few sentences very confusing. A-Anyways — Point is, I have NO IDEA what I'm doing already and the Baron wanted me to replace a teacher for the time being??

That was a recipe for a freaking disaster.

....But then again - he doesn't know that I am mainly just winging everything as I go and I actually have little clue of what's going on.
When that's brought into the picture - his request was a little more justified in my eyes. I mean — In his place I'd probably also make a request that someone may find ridiculous or undoable for themselves.

Anyways - I asked him why exactly he needed me to act as a temporary teacher at the school and what exactly I'd be teaching.

The Baron smirked before laughing lightly.

<Kalos>;
"Surely you jest - What else could you teach at a school specifically made for teaching the academics of magic?"

....Okay— lesson learned already: I am stupid and dense as fuck sometimes.
How the hell did I not connect the dots that easily?-

I need to go and check if my brain is alright- I feel like my reincarnation as a snake has made me more oblivious than I used to be.

| Actually, looking back at the memories of your old life - You've always been kinda oblivious Maste— |

'Another word from you and I'm going to have a real nice meal to give to Black-Hole Starvation.'

I threatened the Ancient One.
He almost immediately shut up - going quiet once more. I simply sighed and looked at the Baron again.

"What could I teach them about Magic? I'm an adventurer and not exactly the most experienced in magic myself."

Which is technically not lying, cause all my knowledge of magic comes from the Ancient Ones wisdom which he has lightly shared with me. Yes, lightly - apparently I am not mentally strong enough yet to handle all the knowledge that the Ancient One possesses at this very moment.

The Baron thought about it for a moment, before leaning back into his chair and scratching his chin.

<Kalos>;
"I do suppose that if you add that into the equation, it sounds a bit ridiculous - however, I want you to understand one thing."

The Baron placed his arms on the armrests of his chair - sharpening his gaze lightly onto me.

<Kalos>;
"As an adventurer - even without a teachers grade - you have what I'd deem enough experience to be able to teach some things about magic. And besides - I don't think you're very 'inexperienced' when it comes to Magic that originates from the abyss."

Wha—
How did he— ....Oh right.
I registered as a Black Sorcerer when I registered as an adventurer in the Adventuring Guild... I had completely forgotten about that, since it's been so irrelevant...

I guess you could say that I was quite experienced when it came to using magic that had its roots in the Abyss - but even then...
Was I really qualified enough to teach a fucking class of students?

And then there's the fact that I technically was now also versed in the ways of Light Magic and Holy Magic—

| Counterargument : You are so inexperienced with these magic types, that you wouldn't be able to teach them to a 5 Year Old. |

....Wow, thanks a lot - fucking asshole.

I rolled my eyes lightly, choosing to ignore the Ancient Ones comment just now, before looking at the Baron with a slightly nervous look.

"I mean... I guess I am kind of knowledgeable about black magic types..."

<Kalos>;
"Then I don't see any issue with you serving as a temporary teacher to teach the students the basics and ways of Black magic types."

The Baron stated, slightly cutting me off, before smiling warmly. I smiled back before shedding a sweat. Seriously? Is that all he needed to be convinced that I was experienced enough to teach a fucking class?

...In the Grace of Cheese... Please someone explain to me how the brains of people in isekai worlds work. I sighed heavily, before crossing my arms and looking down.
What to do, what to do.... I mean - I could always reject the offer right? Surely I wasn't being forced to accept it?

| I wouldn't risk it. I think a safe bet is simply accepting the favour and going through with it. However.... Before that, I do suggest to ask a bit more questions - there is more that he isn't sharing. |

'Yeah - I noticed that as well.'

I lifted my gaze back up at the Baron, staring at him with a suspicion filled gaze before sharpening it on him as he sharpened his gaze back towards me.

"...There is another reason for you to want me to go there - right?"

I asked bluntly. The Baron seemed surprised at first, however a moment later - he smiled lightly to himself, before chuckling lightly, crossing his arms and looking slightly down - crossing his legs a moment later.

<Kalos>;
"You've got a sharp eye Mr.Shin.... Indeed. There is another reason I want you to go there for."

He confirmed, before getting up from his chair and walking up to a window, which had a view over the City of Yiinao, which was cloaked under the beautiful ray of night and moonlight.

I sharpened my gaze onto the Baron, as well as sighing heavily inside my mind. Of course there was more to this...
Why wouldn't there be?
....Oh and technically I don't have a sharp eye, as it was the Ancient One who told me that there was more to this all that the Baron wasn't sharing with me.. so - yeah..

I can't exactly take credit for the Ancient Ones work. The Baron stared out of the window for a little bit, before exhaling and turning around to look back at me.

<Kalos>;
"I'm worried about the safety of the students there."

He stated bluntly.
The safety of the students?... Is something there that's threatening their safety?
I tilted my head slightly to the side, before raising my left eyebrow slightly.

"For what reason?"

<Kalos>;
"Well, first I would assume that you are already aware of the organisation that calls itself 'The Hand Sons of Tritery' - correct?"

Upon hearing this, I immediately clenched my hands into fists. I swear - are they involved in some scheme happening at that academy?
If so, then don't even bother giving me the details, I'll go over there and wipe the floor with them all.

"What about them?"

I tried to keep my composure, keeping my tone serious but also light enough to not make it obvious that I was a bit fired up right now at this moment.

Kalos seemingly saw through my ruse and simply exhaled.

<Kalos>;
"Don't worry, they're not involved."

Hearing this did make me a bit calmer, as I released my clenched fists and exhaled. Thank god they weren't involved - I had enough with that rematch against Flin already.
I don't know if I'd be able to handle even more fighting against those guys...

"Then why did you mention them?"

<Kalos>;
"Because the thing I'm worried about is a group similar to the Hand Sons that are threatening the safety of students."

Kalos explained, before walking over to a bookshelf in the back of the room, browsing through the books before taking out a large, crimson red cover book and then walking over to me, placing it down infront of me.

With my 'Jester' skill, I was able to read the books title just fine, however it didn't make much sense to me...
'The 5 Myths of Yiinao Academy'? The hell was that supposed to mean?

<Kalos>;
"You probably don't know what this book means noir what it has to do with anything, so I'll explain it to you the best I can."

The baron stated, before opening the book onto the first page, where a short text sat underneath a much more simplified and repeated title of the book itself.
The text under it stated;

Do you believe in the Unknown and Forgotten?
Do you believe in the things that are considered just legends and myths?
Do you believe in the things that don't exist?

Such strange text....
Just 3 rather short questions with no answers to them noir any continuation to them. It made me wonder what even they were supposed to mean.

<Kalos>;
"This book contains the detailed history of what are known as the 5 Myths of Yiinao Academy. These 'myths' are creatures that are believed to have been seen at some point in the Magic Academy and each one has resulted in some sort of disaster at the school."

He began, before flipping to the next page of the book.

<Kalos>;
"Whether it be students going missing, teachers losing their lives or individuals being scared so badly, that they lose their souls - these so called myths are very widely known at the academy, but written off as just old folk tales."

"Then why are you telling me about them?"

I asked in a very sceptical tone. I couldn't exactly push myself to believe a single word that Kalos was telling me right now at this moment - after all, he did say that they were more or less 'believed' to have been seen.

So why was he even bothering to tell me about them? About old stories that are just glorified legends surrounding the academy?...

| Surely you don't think that they're mere legends Master... I mean, you've been in this world for long enough to not have to doubt stuff like this— |

'I may have seen and experienced shit that in my old were just stories, but even you have to admit that this sounds fishy and ridiculous.'

I rolled my eyes at Ancient Ones comment about not thinking that these myths were real. Sure - this was a world unlike mine, where it felt like every little legend and fantasy thing was real, however I was still justified to have my doubts about some things.

...Right?
The Baron noticed my scepticism about everything he was telling me and simply laughed lightly, before closing the book.

<Kalos>;
"Because apparently, some strange things have been happening in the academy lately. At first, it was pretty tame — Just doors and bookshelfs making strange noises, footsteps being heard in the hallways - nothing crazy. However... All hell broke lose as now, seven Students have gone missing."

Hearing that, I did gasp a little. 7 Students?? Missing?? Seriously—?!
How the hell is that even possible in a school building...

"...And?"

<Kalos>;
"Others think that the Hand Sons of Tritery are the ones responsible for the missing students, however I do not believe this to be the case. I believe, that the ones responsible are the five myths of Yiinao Academy. They may be seen as just creatures od legend, however they are as real as they get."

Kalos explained, as I stared at the cover of the book. While I could argue that the Hand Sons were behind these student disappearences, due to me already having seen them kidnap other people for their twisted reasonings - I didn't have any evidence to blame them in this situation.

But that doesn't mean that I still believed that the ones responsible for their disappearences are some kind of 'Myths' or creatures of legends and tales.
I thought over this for a bit.

What exactly did he want me to do about the disappeared students and what not?

| It may be that he wants you to investigate what exactly is happening in that Academy. |

So basically, from one investigation to another...
Great - just bury me alive now. I've had enough of investigating with the whole black market deal.

The Baron seemingly noticed my rather annoyed attitude and laughed nervously - not quite sure whether or not he had said something to make me annoyed or something...
He cleared his throat before picking up the book of the myths that he had shown me, before handing it to me.

<Kalos>;
"Here, take this. I will enroll you into the academy as a temporary teacher as soon as possible. Your job will start around next week, so be sure to not be late."

He stated.
I rolled my eyes lightly and exhaled heavily, taking the book of the myths. I didn't have anywhere to place it at this time, so I simply held in my hand and lowered my arm to my side.

"Is that all?"

<Kalos>;
"I mean, if you understand what I'm asking you to do while there, then yes."

The Baron responded, sliding deeper into his chair. I gave him a little bit of a suspicious gaze, before exhaling and turning around.

"Very well. I'll leave to the academy a day before next week. That works?"

<Kalos>;
"Why of course Mr.Shin. I'll make sure to have my butler come pick you up at your inn on Seveday (Sunday)."

I didn't respond with words and simply nodded towards the Baron, before leaving his office - closing the door after myself. The Baron watched me leave, before he exhaled and turned back towards the window in his office, staring out of it.

<Kalos>;
'Good luck Mr.Shin... Good luck.'

He thought to himself, before closing his eyes and turning back to his desk and staring at the different things on it.

I on the other hand, almost immediately after leaving the Barons office reunited with Wezrall and Iyka, who did at first question the book I had with me, however I simply told them that it was a thank you gift from the baron and nothing that important, as I slid it into the shadows.

The next hour or so, I decided to have a little fun and enjoy myself at the ball - as I hadn't been to one in a very long time. Now, during this time, me and Wezrall did drink a couple of alcoholic beverages, and well... The Ancient One did what he does best.

| I've successfully learnt all the Alcohol Recipes. We are now capable of replicating them. |

Yup - this being of Knowledge, fucking stole recipes from a noble... Pretty sure said recipes were also very much trade secrets - so... Yeah, the Ancient One committed what probably was a crime without my consent. Well, not like I can stop him anymore.

What has been done, cannot be undone.
After around an hour and a half, me and my friends decided to leave the ball - with Iyka managing to have gotten her hands on some of the stronger alcohol and well....

<Iyka>;
"Huuuuuuh? What do you mean you won't hang with me Wezrall? Come ooon-"

...Yeah - she was pretty much dead broke drunk and right now pestering Wezrall to no end... Odale was trying to help get her off of Wezrall, however the two were struggling quite badly. Me and Frindel kind of just watched the two of them struggle with Iyka, Frindel even laughing to herself lightly.

I simply exhaled.

'Lesson learned - don't give Iyka alcohol.'

| I'm not sure whether she is entirely to blame here, considering her current body is much younger than her previous and doesn't have as high of an alcohol tolerance. |

Doesn't change a thing Ancient One!
If anything, that only reinforces my point of not giving her ANY alcohol - at least until she's built up her tolerance high enough again.

<Elin>; [Frindel]
"Master, I must ask - what did the Baron pull you off to discuss?"

That was out of the blue question...
I rubbed the back of my head, thinking over whether or not I should tell her about my discussion with the Baron. While what I discussed wasn't really anything particularly THAT important that I'd need to keep it a secret....

This was Frindel we were talking about. Was it smart to tell her, that I'd need to leave to somewhere alone - or assumed so - for a potentially long time...

I was not expecting to be allowed to take my friends with me to the academy to help me - so I wasn't sure whether or not to tell them about my discussion with the Baron just yet.
I thought about it for a moment longer before exhaling lightly.

"Nothing that important. I'll tell you and the others when we get back to the Inn."

I stated, looking at Frindel with a slight smile. Frindel seemed a bit disappointed about my response, however exhaled and looked away and closed her eyes.

<Elin>; [Frindel]
"Very well."

Hey, she doesn't keep bothering me... How good.
Telling them all about the Barons request at the same time was most likely the better idea compared to telling them each individually.

I exhaled lightly, looking up towards the night sky, as the midnight moon shined down upon us from above. Got to say... The moon was oddly more beautiful tonight than the other nights.
I wonder...
I wonder how long I will get to enjoy nights like these before shit gets wild again.

    Somewhere else...
         In the Holy Capital.

    Under the moonlight, a man dressed in exquisite white and gold armour was walking down a hall which was located on the outside of the Holy Night Orders building. He was seemingly patrolling around the territory, keeping a cold and serious stare forward infront of himself.

As he walked, a slight breeze blew around, causing the man to stop suddenly in his tracks, standing still for a couple of moments, before drawing out his sword and turning around, pointing his blade towards a silhouette behind him.

<?>;
"Woah now - No need to be so festy..."

The silhouette stated, with a slight smirk on its face. The man sharpened his gaze onto the man.

<Harold Von Pearlsworth>; [Holy Knight]
"Who are you?"

He asked with a dead serious tone, not twitching a muscle noir even moving an inch off his sharp gaze that was locked on the silhouette.

The Silhouette stepped forward lightly, keeping its arms in the air, before stepping into the moonlight - revealing himself to be none other than Dinyu - the 1st and most powerful of the Harbingers of Tritery.

Upon seeing him, Harold sharpened his gaze even more and immediately launched himself at the leader of the Hand Sons, who simply vanished into the thin air, as Harolds blade clanged against the ground.

<Dinyu>;
"Hey now - I know that we aren't exactly the most liked among the Holy Night Order... However, I do not come here to do anything bad. I only wish to relay some news that would be interesting to you."

Dinyu stated, his voice slightly echoing as he slowly appeared of the shadows once more - behind Harold again. The Holy Knight scuffed before turning to face the leader again.

<Harold>;
"Give me one good reason to believe the leader of a cult criminal organisation."

He stated, before launching at Dinyu again, beginning to swing his sword at the leader as Dinyu began to dodge, backing up and moving out of the way of the sword.
After a small game of cat and mouse, the Holy Knight suddenly engulfed his blade in a white smoke and lightning, before slashing at the leader, who simply engulfed his right arm with black smoke and black lightning, blocking and grabbing a hold of the blade.

He kept the blade in a tight hold, with the Holy Knight struggling lightly to push it forward.

<Dinyu>;
"It's about a monster, pretending to be a human."

Dinyu stated, with a light smirk on his face. Upon hearing this Harold gasped to himself lightly, however almost immediately turned serious again, as he broke his blade free of Dinyus grasp and attempted to slash him again, only for Dinyu to disappear once more.

<Harold>;
"The only monster I see is you."

<Dinyu>;
"Oh I'm not saying that I'm very holy myself... However, this monster - he is quickly becoming stronger and will eventually turn into a threat for humanity."

Dinyu stated, before appearing out of the shadows behind Harold once more, his eyes glowing lightly red as he did.
This red glow was his Individual Skill [Deception], which allowed him to influence others with his words, no matter how strong their mental resistance was noir what blessings they had.

Harold scuffed again, before attempting to strike down Dinyu with a quick tornado slash, however the leader grabbed a hold of his blade once more and exhaled.

<Dinyu>;
"I only want what's the best for humanity and other races. Even if I am a leader of a cult, that doesn't mean I won't report any suspicious sightings to the Holy Night Order. So that's why I'm here infront of you tonight."

He stated, pulling Harold closer.

<Dinyu>;
"Trust me - this is very important and dangerous - even more dangerous than anything we in the Hand Sons do."

Dinyu stated, keeping his smirk on for a couple of moments, before turning more serious. Harold kept a serious and cold stare onto Dinyu for a few moments, before scuffing and releasing his blade from Dinyus grasp, as the leader of the Hand Sons leapt back.

Harold then, spun his blad, before sheathing it into its sheathe - which was located on his waist.

<Harold>;
"....I'll hear you out."

He stated, looking at Dinyu with his cold gaze. Dinyu smirked to himself with a wide, wide grin - having finally managed to get the Holy Knight to listen to what he had to say.

And unknown to Faofa and his friends, this would be only the beginning of trouble, as the Hand Sons would begin preparing to deal with Faofa, before he could become a bigger nuisance in their plans.

• | C h a p t e r - E n d | •

| Next time : Intermission (1.) |
| 'Holy Prodigy - Harold'. |

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93K 3.5K 121
I was walking back home one night from work, when I unexpectedly got caught in the crossfire of a bank robbery - which results in my death. As life s...
163K 6.1K 67
(Chapters 1-9 Rewritten) I died prematurely in the least cliché way possible... Vaporized as a result of a powerful and fantastic nuclear explosion...
188K 8.5K 51
So you know about dragons, right? Those big reptiles with scales that breath fire? What if I told you you could be reborn as one of those things. Sou...
176 6 21
A nigh-omnipotent god gets bored so he erases his memories, gives up his power and reincarnates as a normal human in a modern world, and then dies ag...