Paradox Trainer in Alola

By RareHunter0

A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things. More

Prologue: Junior Cup
Chapter 1: Alola
Chapter 2: Alolan Deity Surprise
Chapter 3: The Marketplace Litten
Chapter 4: Lillie's Egg-Xhilarating Challenge
Chapter 5: Totem Pokemon Showdown
Chapter 7: A Race for Pancakes
Chapter 8: The First Step
Chapter 9: A 4 Mon Adventure
Chapter 10: Treasure Island Defender
Chapter 11: One Door Closes, A New One Opens
Chapter 12: Shivering Shovel Search
Chapter 13: A Totem Pokemons Revenge
Chapter 14: Red Eyes Rivalry
Chapter 15: The Abandoned Dragon
Chapter 16: The Island Whisperer
Chapter 17: Lord Of The Lake
Chapter 18: Saving A Totem Pokemon's Nest
Chapter 19: Currying Favor and Flavor
Chapter 20: Trials and Determinations
Chapter 21: Mystic Apprentice
Chapter 22: Kanto Expedition
Chapter 23: Paradox Trainer vs. Gym Leaders
Chapter 24: A Mystic Encounter
Chapter 25: Aether Discoveries
Chapter 26: The Mask of Discipline
Chapter 27: Sleepover Mischief
Chapter 28: Memories of the Sacred Beast
Chapter 29: Faba's Vengeance
Chapter 30: The Alter Totem Rumble
Chapter 31: Alter of the Sunne
Chapter 32: Ultra Beast vs Tera Pokémon
Chapter 33: The Professors' New Adventure
Chapter 34: Mount Lanakila's Ice Totem
Chapter 35: Paradox vs Ultra
Chapter 36: The Flames Of Rivalry
Chapter 37: Nine Evol Boost
Chapter 38: Tough Guy Trials
Chapter 39: Mount Holukanis Steel Totem
Chapter 40: Gauntlet Trials
Chapter 41: Ultra Beast Partnership
Chapter 42: The Masked Tag Team
Chapter 43: Two Worlds, One Family
Chapter 44: Creature of Darkness
Chapter 45: When Darkness Falls, Pain is Born
Chapter 46: The Road to Twilight
Chapter 47: Securing the Future
Chapter 48: A Poisonous Battle
Chapter 49: Crisis on Parallel Worlds
Chapter 50: Crisis on Parallel Worlds Pt. 2
Chapter 51: Spicy Island Research
Chapter 52: Showdown on Poni Island
Chapter 53: Rebirth of a New Kahuna
Chapter 54: The Grand Debut
Chapter 55: Beauty is Only Crystal Deep
Chapter: 56 Emperor of Destruciton
Chapter 57: Drawn with the Wind
Chapter 58: Aiming for the Top Floor
Chapter 59: A Legendary Catch
Chapter 60: Chasing Memories, Creating Dreams
Chapter 61: League Offenders and Defenders
Chapter 62: Battle Brawl 151
Chapter 63: Battling the Poisonous Queen
Chapter 64: Roaring Quarter Finals
Chapter 65: The Crimson Destruction
Chapter 66: The Deadly Four
Chapter 67: Paldea vs Kanto

Chapter 6: Grand Trial

1K 17 9
By RareHunter0

It's currently morning. In the mansion hidden in the forest, Niku woke up with Eevee sleeping on his chest. Right now he got up and started cooking breakfast and his Pokemon came rushing in for food.

Niku: Ok everyone. Breakfast is served.

Niku spread our plates everywhere and everyone started chowing down. He sat down at the table and while eating he read a newspaper. There was an articles about yesterday's events.

Niku: Let's see here. "The work done by Ash and Niku who showed up together with the Island Kahuna Hala, was a sight to behold. Receiveing assisstance from Totem Gumshoos and his companions, whom they fought against in an Island Trial, they successfully drove out the Rattata and Raticate that had recently been making a mess in town."

Niku: Looks like we will get a letter of thanks from Officer Jenny as well and seems like she has a partner for her as well. While I do appreciate the thanks but it was the Pokemon who did it.

Eevee: Vee!

Eevee jumped onto the table and landed in lap with a sad face like this is someway to comfort him. Niku petted her on head and she nuzzled to his hand. Niku smiled at this.

Niku: Thank you Eevee.

Eevee: Eevee!

Niku looked at the clock and realized that today is the day for Grand Trial.

Niku: Well Eevee, today we finally begin the path to face Tapu Bulu again. Right now lets get ready.

Eevee: Vee!

Niku walked to a seperate room and was gonna two Pokemon ready to face the Kahuna of Melemele Island.

Niku: The time has come.

Later

After leaving the mansion, Niku and Eevee went over to Hala's hut and saw Ash and Kukui waiting for him. They spoke for a bit and then all went over to alter in the Ruins of Conflict to pray before their battles.

Hala: Today, I will conduct two Grand Trial battles against challengers Niku and Ash. O Guardian Deity of Conflict, Tapu Koko, kindly bestow upon us the powers of the islands of Alola...

Ash: Tapu Koko, please watch the Grand Trial between us and Hala closely.

Niku: And please, tell Tapu Bulu that we battle again soon.

Upon finish praying, Ash began to get jittery from kneeling for too long. Niku made a side glance at Ash and chuckled quietly in amusement.

Hala: Haha! We are done now!

Ash: Um... Did Tapu Koko hear our prayers?

Hala: It might've heard them, it might've not. After all, it's one fickle god.

They suddenly heard Tapu Koko's noise from the distance.

Niku: He heard our prayers after all.

Later

After praying, the three of them returned to the battlefield, and the first match is between Ash and Hala, with it being Ash's Rowlett and Pikachu against Hala's Crabrawler and Hariyama. Ash defeated Crabrawler with Rowlett, but lost to Hariyama.
Pikachu was sent for last and made a win for using the Normal Type Z move Breakneck Blitz. Now it was Niku's turn as he walked up to the side ready for battle.

Ash: Good luck, Niku!

Pikachu: Pikachu!

Eevee: Eevee, Vee!

Niku: Thanks.

Hala: So Niku, I heard from Kukui you had a Pokemon from a different region went you first arrived here. Is that true?

Niku: It is, but the one they saw isn't with me right now. But don't worry you'll might get the opportunity to meet it.

Hala: Great.

Kukui: The Grand Trial between Melemele Island's Kahuna Hala and Island Trial Challenger Niku will now commence!

Hala: Passimian, please come out!

Hala throws out his Pokeball and called out his Passimian.

Passimian: Passimian!

Ash: Woah, what's that Pokemon?!

Rotom Dex: Leave it to me! Passimian, the Teamwork Pokemon, a Fighting Type, they form groups of roughly 20 individuals. Their mutual bond is remarkable-they will never let down a comrade.

Niku: So Passimian is first huh? Well then, Samurott stand by for battle!

Niku threw a Pokeball and out came new Pokemon. It is the water starter from Unova.

Samurott: Samurott!

Ash: Wow, a Samurott!

Rotom Dex: This is unbelieveabable, this Samurott is different compared to the other Samurott my data knows about!

Kukui: (It can't be! That Samurott is the extinct version of Samurott in the past. Niku just how did you acquire this?!)

Hala: Well, that's new. Your Samurott is not the kind I've seen before.

Niku: Yep. Now you're about to witness the power of what my Samurott can do. Right pal!

Samurott: Samur!

Hala: Very well then, Passimian use Bulk Up!

Primeape glowed red and shouted raising its attack and defense.

Niku: So you wanna start that way, Ice Beam now!

Samurott fires an Ice Beam at Passimian.

Hala: Block it!

Passimian effortlessly blocks the attck.

Hala: Now Close Clombat!

Passimian charges to deliver a volley of punches.

Niku: Not this time! Aerial Ace!

Rushing forward, Samurott clashes with Passimian with a barrage of fast punches, stopping in its tracks. Then Hala gave his next attack.

Hala: Brick Break!

Niku: Block it and use Razor Shell!

Passimian attempts to strike Samurott but it used its hands to grab the attack. Samurott then threw Passimian in the air and went to strike it with Razor Shell.

Hala: Grab the blades and use Close Combat!

Passimian grabbed the blades and pushed them up and gave a great pummeling of punches.

Niku: Samurott, you ok!

Samurott: Rott!

Niku's thoughts: (Close Combat is a strong move against Dark types but it will take more than that to defeat Samurott.)

Samurott stared at Niku and nodded its head.

Niku: Right. Let's go with that. Ice Beam once more!

Samurott: Samuurott!

Samurott fires an Ice Beam directly at Passsimian, then Hala spoke up.

Hala: Use Rock Slide!

Passimian summons huge rocks block the Ice Beam. When the Ice Beam hit alot of smoke came out. After the smoke cleared, Passimian saw that Samurrot was missing.

Hala: What the?!

Passimian: Pass?

Ash: Where did Samurott go?!

Rotom Dex: It dissapeared?!

Niku smirked and Passimian was looking around unaware of what's behind him.

Niku: Ceasless Edge, now!

Samurott: Samur!

Passimian turned around and saw Samurott behind him with dark blade on his arms. It slashed with a powerful dark move and slashed through it.

Passimian: Pass!

Hala: Passimian what's wrong?! That move shouldn't have done that much damage so why....

Niku smirked at this.

Niku: It's an ability only a few Pokemon knows called Sharpness.

Ash: Sharpness?

Rotom Dex: That's new.

Kukui: Even I've never heard of it.

Niku: It's a handy ability that increases the power of Slicing moves. Remember the moves Samurott used?

Hala: Ah. The Razor Shell and the move you used recently.

Niku: Exacltly. And it looks like Passimian is almost finished. So Samurott, Aqua Jet!

Hala: Very well then, Passimian, Giga Impact!

Passimian and Samurott clashed at eachother with two strong moves and made a big explosion. After the explosion settled they saw Samurott and Passimian still standing.

Hala: Well, your Samurott is still standing. I'm impressed.

Niku: Thank you Hala. I say the same thing to your Passimian... But, its over.

Passimian and Samurott glared at eachother and all of sudden Passimian fell down with eye swirls.

Kukui: Passimian is unable to battle!

Ash: Alright!

Pikachu: Pika!

Niku walked to Samurott and held its face with a smile.

Niku: Well done Samurott.

Samurott: Samur.

Rotom Dex: With Passimian defeated, Niku has to battle one more to win.

Hala: Passimian return. You were great out there.

Hala recalls Passimian and sends out his next Pokemon.

Hala: Poliwrath, lend me your aid!

His second pokemon is Poliwrath.

Poliwrath: Poliwrath!

Ash: A Poliwrath!

Kukui:( Let's see what you can do against this one Niku.)

Niku:( Samurott may have defeated Passimian, but Poliwrath looks more powerful. And Hala hasn't used his Z move yet.)

Niku: Return Samurott.

Niku recalled Samurott and brought out a Dusk Ball.

Niku: Decidueye, stand by for battle!

Niku sent out a new Pokemon called Decidueye.

Decidueye: Decidueye!

Ash: Woah what's that?!

Rotom Dex: Here it is. Decidueye, the final evolution of Rowlett.

Ash: Wow, really?!

Kukui: It's true, but like Samurott this one is different, could be a different type as well.

Hala: (Hmm. This kid is something else. This just keeps getting interesting.) Hmm?

Hala looked over in the forest and saw Tapu Koko along with Tapu Bulu as well and spoke silently.

Hala: To think Tapu Bulu would show up. I'm starting to see why Tapu Bulu chose you Niku.

Niku: Alright Hala, this is the final battle!

Hala: Alright Niku, Poliwrath, Dynamic Punch!

Poliwrath charged right in with Dynamic Punch towards Decidueye. But Decidueye is just standing there and when punch strikes.

Niku: Triple Arrows!

Decidueye jumped when after the punch landed on the ground, then did front kick and Triple Arrows made contact.

Niku: Now, Leaf Storm let's go!

Decidueye sends out a powerful Leaf Storm.

Hala: Poliwrath, Ice Beam!

Poliwrath's Ice Beam froze through the Leaf Storm and made an explosion.

Niku: (Impressive, that Ice Beam matched the Leaf Storm.)

Hala: It will take more than to defeat my Poliwrath.

Niku: Maybe so. Decidueye charge towards Poliwrath!

Decidueye: Decidu!

Hala: Oh, then try this out. Grab it with Psychic!

Poliwrath: Poli!

Poliwrath stopped Decidueye with Psychic to stop it from moving and levitated it up.

Ash: Poliwrath can use Psychic?!

Kukui: ( Hala, your not one to be holding back like always.)

Hala: Now to the ground!

Poliwrath then throws it in the air.

Ash: Oh no!

Pikachu: Pika!

Rotom: Is this the end?!

Kukui: ( What will you do now, Niku?)

The battle looked like it was coming to an end but Niku smirked for this.

Niku: Use Shadow Sneak!

Hala: What?!

Decidueye vanished and came behind Poliwrath.

Poliwrath! Poli?

All of a sudden, Decidueye crashed into Poliwrath.

Niku: Now Leaf Blade!

Hala: Ice Punch, Poliwrath!

Both Pokemon clashed into eachother and suddenly Ice Punch overpowered Leaf Blade and slammed into Decidueye.

Niku: That's one strong Poliwrath.

Hala: Yes, and now it's time for me to show you this Niku.

Hala proceeded to cross his arms along with Poliwrath.

Kukui: Oh boy.

Ash: Here it comes!

Niku: (Now's the time for the Z move.)

Hala: I share the will of Melemele Island... and that of the Guardian Deity Topu Koko... As the Island Kahuna! Now it is time for all this power to act in concert!

Niku: Stay strong, Decidueye.

Decidueye: Decidu.

Hala: All- Out Pummeling!!!

Hala and Poliwrath proceeded to use the Fighting-Type Z Move, All-Out Pummeling, launching a barrage of fist towards Decidueye.

But rather than trying to dodge, Decidueye took on every last hit, creating an explosion.

Ash: Oh no!

Pikachu: Pika!

Eevee:...

Kukui: Is it over?

Niku: I think not.

As the smoke was cleared it showed Decidueye was still standing and looked like it didn't want to give up.

Hala: Impressive, Decidueye still stands after the Z move.

Ash: That Decidueye is something else.

Kukui: Sure is. Now Niku, what next?

Niku: Since he used Z-Move, I will do the same. But I don't have a Z-Crystal for Decidueye.

???: Tapu!

Niku: Huh?

Niku heard the voice and looked up to see Tapu Bulu flying around in circles along with everyone else.

Kukui: Tapu Bulu?!

Ash: It really came!

Rotom Dex: Wow, this is great!

Hala: Tapu Bulu, good to see Tapu Bulu here.

Niku: Yeah, but why...

Niku was Tapu Bulu drop something from the sky and Niku caught it and flew back to the island.

Niku: Wait is this...?

What came down was a Z Crystal and is a Ghostium-Z and this surprised everyone.

Kukui: Another Z Crystal?!

Hala: And thats for Ghost Type moves.

Niku: Hehe, well now. If Tapu Bulu want's me to use this, so be it.

Niku crossed his arms and suddenly the field turned purple and dark.

Niku: Finish this, Never Ending Nightmare!

Decidueye proceeded to use Never Ending Nightmare and the attack heading to Poliwrath.

Poliwrath tried to block the attack, but to no avail as it is overwhelmed and defeated.

Kukui: Island Kahuna Hala's Poliwrath is unable to battle. Decidueye wins! Therefore, Challenger Niku is acknowledged as having won this Grand Trial Battle!

Niku: The battle is over.

Eevee ran onto the field and ran onto Niku's shoulder.

Eevee: Eevee.

They then headed over to Decidueye who kneeled down one leg in pain.

Niku: Decidueye, you did well.

Decidueye: Decidu.

Niku: Now get some rest pal, you've earned it.

Niku returned Decidueye as Ash, and Kukui walked up to Niku to congratulate him. Hala looks back at his Poliwrath before calling it back.

Hala: (This battle has not only proved how strong you are, but to show more why Tapu Bulu has such an interest in you.) Thank you, Poliwrath. You did your best.

Ash: Hala!

Hala: You two have shown great battles. The full power that you both showed along with your Pokemon was absolutely remarkable.

Niku: Thank you sir.

Ash: Thank you so much!

Pikachu: Pikachu!

Eevee: Eevee, Vui!

Hala: Melemele Island's Kahuna Hala hereby declare that both Ash and Niku have passed the Grand Trial.

Kukui: Congratulations, you two!

Niku: Nice.

Eevee: Eievui!

Hala: You two. Please don't forget these.

Niku recieves the Fighting-Type Z-Crystal, the Fightinium-Z.

Niku: Good, another Z-Cyrstal to add the arsenal.

Hala: Ash, Please don't forget this.

Hala then proceeded to give Ash the Fighting Type Z Crystal, but suddenly heard Tapu Koko. Along with a gust of wind, it blew them all, surprising everyone but Niku.

Kukui: Tapu Koko...?

Rotom Dex : It went by so fast, I couldn't really tell.

Hala looked down and was confused completely shocked.

Hala: What the...?!

In Hala's hand was the Electrium Z Crystal.

Ash: An Electrium Z?

Niku: Looks like you've earned it Ash.

Kukui: Not only the Ghost Z but also the Electric Z as well!

Hala: This is really interesting. No, this is really interesting. This is the first time Tapu Koko has taken this much interest in a challenger. The time might eventually come... when I too will understand the reason for such interest. Go on, Ash, take it.

Ash then took the Z Crystal.

Ash: I got an Electrium Z!

Pikachu: Pika!

Niku: And I got the Ghostium Z.

Eevee: Eevee!

Rotom Dex: The second crystal: Collected!

Hala looked over at Kukui.

Hala: Professor Kukui?

Kukui: Yes?

Hala: You mention a celebration earlier, but would you mind if I threw a dinner party instead? One that would celebrate Ash and Niku's passing their first Grand Trial.

Kukui: Of course that'd be okay. That's very kind of you, Island Kahuna.

Hala: Then we'll do it. Well then, we'll have to start preparing for it right away.

Ash: Hey Hala, can we invite the others from the Pokemon School?

Niku: Good idea, they are the reason we've were able to get Z-Crystals.(Sort of)

Hala: Oh, that's a nice idea. We'll definitely ask them to come.

Ash/Niku:Thanks!/Thanks.

Thanks for the support. If I messed up let me know by pm me. Hopefully I didn't dissapoint.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 104 53
Read as Savanna, Ash, May her childhood friend, Ritchie, and Brock travel through the Kanto region! New enemies and friends will be met along the way...
6.8K 224 90
Join Ash on his journey of the 10 regions and become the Pokemon Master. Ash and 12 girls harem. Part 11 of the series: Paldea/Kitakami/Unova)
550 20 11
Raised in the lands of Paldea, and surrounded by people and Pokémon that he loves, a young novice Trainer named Vincent Aarden journeys through the r...